00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

207,513 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-26 10:38:12

Im havoing to put a hold on my Oz script as IVe been dumped with a load of revison for exmas and then I got some essays to do so I wont be able to continue with it untill after xmas :-(

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-26 10:45:53

At 11/26/04 10:38 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: Im havoing to put a hold on my Oz script as IVe been dumped with a load of revison for exmas and then I got some essays to do so I wont be able to continue with it untill after xmas :-(

OH GOD THE TYPOS! I need to learn how to type properly >:-( anyone know a siteor something where I can?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-26 16:31:47

Where the hell is everybody? are you all to lazy to actually use the search bar to try and find the thread or something?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-26 16:35:49

At 11/26/04 04:31 PM, Freddy_Mercury wrote: Where the hell is everybody? are you all to lazy to actually use the search bar to try and find the thread or something?

No, just didn't have anything to post. And any particular reason why you changed your alias to Freddy Mercury Mr. Fox? In fact, I'm been listening to Don't Stop Me Now and Bohemian Rhapsody now. Coincidence? I think... yes.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-26 16:40:28

At 11/26/04 04:35 PM, -Sean_of_the_Dead- wrote:
At 11/26/04 04:31 PM, Freddy_Mercury wrote: Where the hell is everybody? are you all to lazy to actually use the search bar to try and find the thread or something?
No, just didn't have anything to post. And any particular reason why you changed your alias to Freddy Mercury Mr. Fox? In fact, I'm been listening to Don't Stop Me Now and Bohemian Rhapsody now. Coincidence? I think... yes.

lol. I found my copy of Queens Greatets Hits and have just been reminded of the absolute greatness of Queen! And as Im bored I changed my name aswell. So yes there is a huge coincedence........and maybe a conspiracy?

lol Ill probably change back to Frozen fox pretty soon anyway

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-27 12:58:26

Hi everyone! I am currently working on a short story about the Vapire Empire at the moment...just thought I'd let you know.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-27 13:00:08

At 11/27/04 12:58 PM, -Sean_of_the_Dead- wrote: Hi everyone! I am currently working on a short story about the Vapire Empire at the moment...just thought I'd let you know.

Sweet. Im gonna start on the WOR Story pretty soon aswell.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-27 18:32:34

Oh, I forgot to mention,... I f anyone needs a script for their flash, email me at jimvid89@yahoo.com....

Now, guess what everyone? I made my first book! YAY! Now, I'm working on a sequel. I never knew being an author took so much work...

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-27 18:36:37

At 11/27/04 06:32 PM, Okurop wrote: Oh, I forgot to mention,... I f anyone needs a script for their flash, email me at jimvid89@yahoo.com....

Now, guess what everyone? I made my first book! YAY! Now, I'm working on a sequel. I never knew being an author took so much work...

Congratz on the book. Anychance of an extract or even the whole ting for me to read. I need soemthing decent to get my nsoe into cause IVe read all my books at the moment :-(

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 11:59:40

I should now have enough time to be part of this club. I quit the AAHC. I took a break from the Vampire Empire. My stories for the Late Night Lounge are only on Mondays. This frees up my time. I'm comin' back, kids. I want to see this place get to at least page 30. Writers Crew only made it to somewhere around 20. Oh, as tribute, a few days ago I changed my sig link to the Writer's Guild link. This may help get more people.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:09:23

At 11/28/04 11:59 AM, Snerd wrote: I should now have enough time to be part of this club. I quit the AAHC. I took a break from the Vampire Empire. My stories for the Late Night Lounge are only on Mondays. This frees up my time. I'm comin' back, kids. I want to see this place get to at least page 30. Writers Crew only made it to somewhere around 20. Oh, as tribute, a few days ago I changed my sig link to the Writer's Guild link. This may help get more people.

way hey. we need more members and the mor epeople thats ee links to here etc means we get more publicity and hopefully more mebers.....what we really need though are some animators aswell.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:14:45

At 11/28/04 03:09 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: way hey. we need more members and the mor epeople thats ee links to here etc means we get more publicity and hopefully more mebers.....what we really need though are some animators aswell.

Yeah... finding animators in almost fucking impossible. I remember searching for months in the Flash section. We found 1. He read the script and didn't want to do it. We found another guy about a month later... He liked it. He's working on it now. Moral of the Story? Finding animators is hard. Finding good animators is harder.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:21:20

At 11/28/04 03:14 PM, Snerd wrote:
Yeah... finding animators in almost fucking impossible. I remember searching for months in the Flash section. We found 1. He read the script and didn't want to do it. We found another guy about a month later... He liked it. He's working on it now. Moral of the Story? Finding animators is hard. Finding good animators is harder.

We alos need to inject some life into the palce aswell. its getting a bit stale. I can really write anything as Im trying to do work for school etc but Im thinking doing a comp or something and somehow getting a little crappy prize from somewhere lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:26:11

At 11/28/04 03:21 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: We alos need to inject some life into the palce aswell. its getting a bit stale. I can really write anything as Im trying to do work for school etc but Im thinking doing a comp or something and somehow getting a little crappy prize from somewhere lol.

Anyone catch one word o' that? Didn't think so... J/K. Yep... the WC died because of lack of interest. But take my advice:
Write something for the LNL. Display your talents, get a fanbase. Maybe one of those fans will be an animator. Maybe you can at least get some of their writers over here.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:31:30

At 11/28/04 03:26 PM, Snerd wrote:
Anyone catch one word o' that? Didn't think so... J/K. Yep... the WC died because of lack of interest. But take my advice:
Write something for the LNL. Display your talents, get a fanbase. Maybe one of those fans will be an animator. Maybe you can at least get some of their writers over here.

its an idea. ill have a go at it and see what happens.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:37:20

At 11/28/04 03:31 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: its an idea. ill have a go at it and see what happens.

Good. I've never read any of your stuff before, I'd like to see what you're capable of doing. I used to write comedies for the AAHC. I'm currently doing a horror series for the Late Night Lounge. You need to be able to write more than one genre. I even wrote a western (my upcoming Flash film) and I hate westerns! ^_^ But you guys need to branch out a bit. Just make this your base of operations. If I had thought of this a few months ago, Writers Crew may still exist.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:39:32

At 11/28/04 03:37 PM, Snerd wrote:
At 11/28/04 03:31 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: its an idea. ill have a go at it and see what happens.
Good. I've never read any of your stuff before, I'd like to see what you're capable of doing. I used to write comedies for the AAHC. I'm currently doing a horror series for the Late Night Lounge. You need to be able to write more than one genre. I even wrote a western (my upcoming Flash film) and I hate westerns! ^_^ But you guys need to branch out a bit. Just make this your base of operations. If I had thought of this a few months ago, Writers Crew may still exist.

Il defintely give it a go and will suggest to the other members to do the same. I wont be able to start doing anything untill after xmas though unfortunatly as Ive got exams coming up and coursework to do. Ive got some hort stories that are half done on my pc though so it shouldnt take me that long to finish them off when I get the time.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:46:19

At 11/28/04 03:39 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: Il defintely give it a go and will suggest to the other members to do the same. I wont be able to start doing anything untill after xmas though unfortunatly as Ive got exams coming up and coursework to do. Ive got some hort stories that are half done on my pc though so it shouldnt take me that long to finish them off when I get the time.

I know, man. School eats up a lot of my writing time, too. I just write in my spare time (study halls, lulls in class, when I get home). Most of the stories I've written were just makin' it up as you go along (see all of my AAHC work). I don't give stuff too much forethought.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 15:50:41

At 11/28/04 03:46 PM, Snerd wrote: I know, man. School eats up a lot of my writing time, too. I just write in my spare time (study halls, lulls in class, when I get home). Most of the stories I've written were just makin' it up as you go along (see all of my AAHC work). I don't give stuff too much forethought.

You shouldnt have to think when your writing really. Writing is an art and you either have the talent or you dont in my opinion. If you have the talent and your willing to put the time in you can come up with a masterpiece and be the next charles dickens. Sadly this is where I fail I know Ive got the talent as when I put my mind to it I can write come cracking stuff but I get easily distracted so I end up with shit loads of half completed stuff. Before my pc got formatted iIhad about 20 half written stories on it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 16:49:56

Hi everyone! I have ame up with the concept of my short story but now I need to write it, I'll post it here asap, once I'm done.
Moral: Don't expect anything anytime soon, maybe.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-28 16:50:49

At 11/28/04 04:49 PM, -Sean_of_the_Dead- wrote: Hi everyone! I have ame up with the concept of my short story but now I need to write it, I'll post it here asap, once I'm done.
Moral: Don't expect anything anytime soon, maybe.

Might I suggets posting it in the late night lounge aswell? hopefully if we post their we might get more members if we become famous so to speak.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 07:52:21

Oh my... is it not plendid to be back?

I have a few things i would like/need to note:
First off, from now on... all updates for WOR will be posted here because i do not want anything more bu Roleplaying i nthe WOR. Now that i am back and starting later this week, we will be back on track and there will be no need for us to say things like, "Scratch that!" or "See ya" as seperate posts. Things like that should be under your roleplaying in brackets. So any big announcements or updates i will post here if need be.
Next, My time away has gotten me to write 3 chapetsr and 4 poems... yay! It was not so bad after all, but i did hate it. I am back for good.
Update on my current flash: I want you gys to know that this thread is not a waste of time for writers. I currently have two flashes underway. I do not want to ruin the surprise of what peices of my writing is undergoing the animating process. But ican tell you that both artists are very good, one of which is well recognized on NG. Cross your fingers. Both projects will not be done until 2005 tho. Hopefully early 2005.
I think thats it for right now... anything i miss?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 07:54:19

Update: I recently got ranked in the general forum as a 9/10.... pretty nifty eh. They were impressed with my reviews.
I am curious... in your Gold member account, how many reviews versus author comments do you have.
I have.. hmm lemme see: 21/97 = 22%

Is that good, or bad? Alot of my reviews were from when i was a youngin tho... and my username was not Myst.. so they never got replied to. I was immature. Anyway, just curious.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 07:55:24

Oh shit... i did not mean to start a new page. Go to the last post on page 14 for my come back post. A few important notes there. Exsepcially for WOR members.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 12:01:08

At 11/30/04 07:55 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: Oh shit... i did not mean to start a new page. Go to the last post on page 14 for my come back post. A few important notes there. Exsepcially for WOR members.

roffles. Welcome back Myst. Its good to have yopu back. Sorryi couldnt get thigns moving more in WOR but I just lost track of where the hell everyone was. Sorry :-(

Anyway. I had a nother idea for a flahs movie lol. I dont know if you get it over their ion the states or canada but There is a show here in UK called Im a celebrity get me out of here and I thought it would be a cool idea to do that as a flash except use Ng regulars.

good or bad idea? And if it s a good idea should I Scrap my Oz script for n0ow as I ant get any where with it due to major writing block when it comes to jokes.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 12:08:05

Oh yeha Myst I got a question about WOR. If you only want roleplaying in there does that mean Im not allowed to flame people who randomly come in and start spamming it up?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 15:55:23

At 11/30/04 12:01 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: There is a show here in UK called Im a celebrity get me out of here and I thought it would be a cool idea to do that as a flash except use Ng regulars.

Hey sorry havnt been here for a while damn virus got past my Anti Virus Program or something I think I uninstalled it by accedent.Anyway I think thats a good idea,it would be funny and I like watchin them except the new one that is on right now I dont really enjoy it as much as the other two is it? Also Unbanned Myst well sone lol and I cant wait to see whats in stall for us in WOR :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 16:20:50

Hey myst, i just jioned, sry bout the character change, couldn't live with my old one, plus i never posted with him, so i hope its all, good

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 16:54:48

man im awesome at scripts dude!
on my other computer i have really cool scripts on working on..
AIM me for more info on them....seriously the ideas kick total ass!!!
i aint saying it here cause alot of people will steal my ideas

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-30 17:24:24

I hope everyone likes the way iv introduced my character on WoRP, i hope to get some good reactions, lol