00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rome Total War Club

94,595 Views | 807 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-02 20:02:17

At 11/2/05 11:51 AM, Britkid wrote: Pretty good army but lol, a big empire is what you need to win. Remember, objective: To capture 5 more settlements.

You win. Are you playing the short campaign because if you were playing the imperial campaign then you weed need a lot more settlemts.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-03 19:48:53

At 11/3/05 02:44 AM, Britkid wrote:
Imperial campaign, and I've conquered 45 so there's 5 more to go.

Where are you planning on conquering those last 5 settlements? Location is everything. ( pics would be nice if possible)

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-03 20:04:45

Has anyone ever tried replicating the Roman conquests, in order? Its quite fun and diffcult cause you have to transfer your fuckin units everywhere.

Stupid Mediteranean : /

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-04 18:42:47

At 11/3/05 08:04 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: Has anyone ever tried replicating the Roman conquests, in order? Its quite fun and diffcult cause you have to transfer your fuckin units everywhere.

That be quite difficult as extensive sessions with the history channel would have to start before actually re animating history. That be a challenge. Having to go through the exact events of the roman conquests in exact order. Making sure every event happens in the specific moment. Interesting

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-05 08:01:26

This is my map. Right now i'm busy conquering the rest of Africa and the last 2 Sleucid cities and after that i'll take some Parthian settlements, then i think i'll invade Italy. Africa prolly won't be much of a problem, the Scipii, Carthagians and Nubians are all fighting against eachother and the provinces have different owners after every few turns. The left Sleucid city will be under my control after 1 turn, it's currently under siege. After i builded some money generating buildings, actually a lot of them, now my income rises again, quite rapitly and my family is having children again. The only problem at this moment is the Roman fleet. Sometimes i sink some Roman ships which are sailing with just a few ships and sometimes i defeat large fleets, but most of the times after a few succesful attacks i get raped by a very strong Roman fleet. It's also quite annoying that the Egyptians can make quinqiriems or whatever those ships are called, those ships with striped sails.

Rome Total War Club

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-05 08:45:08

At 11/4/05 06:54 PM, Britkid wrote:
After I have completed the campaign thing I have intentions of sending a fleet with a big army in it from Carthage to invade Britain

uhh yeah dont wanna be a party pooper but after you get 50 provinces (SP?) and rome the game just stops and you can start an other game.
or at least thats the case with me but i didnt get my rtw very legal :P so yeah could be just me.
my solution was: let rome rebel and just keep conquering as much as you like cuz the campaign only completes when you controle rome AND have 50 provinces.
'
bw i'll post an europe map soon too

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-05 08:55:29

At 10/28/05 09:20 PM, RavenGage wrote:
At 10/24/05 06:29 PM, Britkid wrote: Or Sarmatian Cavalry, they have a 17 CHARGE BONUS!! They rock.
Don't be decieved by that. I love them but I have to admit that they aren't as good as they seem. After all, what is the charge bonus? It only helps once and then it's hand to hand combat for them. And at that they're not all that great, they don't even have shields.

that's true but however you don't have to let em fight hand to hand neciserely,
you can also just charge into a unit, quikly run away, and charge in them again and again and again untill they dead (barb units usually rout after the second blow and some times even after the first)
but this can be done with about any cavalry unit

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-05 10:52:43

At 11/4/05 06:54 PM, Britkid wrote:

:. Maybe it went down before because I had a lot of armies roaming about the place on the way to sack cities.

Seriously who likes Spain? Kick their ass. Don't worry about the losses, those can retrieved only if you first let your army develop a little bit. Once you feel you have a solid army developed then you may try to win back any lost settlements. Better to come prepared then surprised.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-06 04:06:06

At 11/5/05 08:45 AM, mellow-muppet wrote: uhh yeah dont wanna be a party pooper but after you get 50 provinces (SP?) and rome the game just stops and you can start an other game.
or at least thats the case with me but i didnt get my rtw very legal :P so yeah could be just me.
my solution was: let rome rebel and just keep conquering as much as you like cuz the campaign only completes when you controle rome AND have 50 provinces.

If you play a short campaign and you win, you can choose to continue playing, so that's also an option to conquer the whole map.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-07 18:57:44

At 11/5/05 12:05 PM, Britkid wrote:

anything from it.

I'm going to be submitting a RTW flash soon with screenshots, I just need a voice actor and I'll be done, be on the watch for that.

What kind of voice you need? Might be able to help you out there. But thats up to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-08 01:59:11

Does anyone absolutely despise naval battles?

I mean, I attack a damn unit like 20 times before it is dead. It pisses me off cause Im a perfectonist and I dont like ships roaming my sea. So then I end up blockading every port in the Mediterranean (and going to war with like 10 people all at once) because I hate those douchebags making ships.

Or was it patched? Naval warfare absolutely pissed me off. I hate having to go back and finish the job more than once.

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-08 11:26:32

At 11/8/05 01:59 AM, FAB0L0US wrote: Does anyone absolutely despise naval battles?

I don't like it either. So anoying that enemy ships just keep sailing, even after you attacked then 5 times. I also think it's a pity you can fight a naval battle yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-08 19:43:25

At 11/8/05 01:59 AM, FAB0L0US wrote:

naval battles?

What would be nice is if you had some control over the naval battles like a Sid Meirs kind of battle where the two ships ( or more) battle it out from cannon to crew. Of course you would be in charge. That would be great in a expansion pack.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-10 22:59:38

No alliance with Egypt bad. I rememeber I made my allaince with them and in 6 turns they had time to send naval battle ships over, deploy troops, block my ports, and prepare for seige manuevers. cancel the allaince right away they are unforgiving and relentless. Those bastards took everything away from me.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-11 19:16:45

At 11/11/05 02:16 AM, Britkid wrote:
Sorry, Lord of the Rings quote.

Not bad quote I like it. But just watch it seriously. Keep it goin for a few turns see what happens but always I mena always keep your eye on them. Good luck

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-11 19:57:56

I really don't understand how the naval battles work when rolling the magick dice of R:TW. They could've at least just stolen Civ's health point system to do it so you understand when you loose/win, why you did so.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-13 11:05:03

Well just so happens two factions today have been annilalated, thank god. Thrace and Greece, what a site. I guess you can say it was my fault actually for making them go to war with each other. You see I sent an assasin to the Greece cities to do some damage. Oddly enough I had managed to sabotage 4 key buildings in each settlemnt that started to cause mass rioting. Best part comin up. A thracian diplomat came to sparta to discuss term sof an allaince. In coincidence my assasin happened to be right next to him at the moment. The blade went in and out and so started the Greece and thracian war. And what a war it was. These two goin at it was perfect. gave me enough time to conquer Spain, Germany, and Britonia. On my way to take to Dacian cities I saw that there was one last Thracian Settlement city standing. My other allied faction took over the settlements. I advanced my army in. I came, sent my cohorts and conquered. What a day; simply beautiful.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-13 21:28:37

Lol, has anyone ever spread the plage bomb with your assassins? It is HILARIOUS. I get a couple of assassins then sabatoge a cities aqueducts (I think, its been awhile since Ive played or tried to do it). Then infect all my assassins, send them on their way to spread the plague.

I swear, Ive anhillated Egypt doing that by itself. And I hate the Egyptians >:(

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-14 11:40:57

I sometimes used spies to spread the plague, there happened to be an infected city nearby, so i let them infiltrate that city, and then infiltrate other cities.

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-14 20:55:08

At 11/13/05 11:17 AM, Britkid wrote: Well done! Have you a screenshot of your new empire?

Indeed I do however my disk has been misplaced so until then I'm left with no available screen shot. Bound to turn up somewhere. I think its. OHHHHHH I know know where it is hang on a sec.

How's the whole alliance thing going with egypt. Everything goin okay?

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-11-16 09:35:57

At 11/14/05 11:40 AM, D34M0N wrote: I sometimes used spies to spread the plague, there happened to be an infected city nearby, so i let them infiltrate that city, and then infiltrate other cities.

yeah did that one 2, but however if you want the faction leader infected doing the spy thing, you would haveto use a good spy to have a chance on survival.
so i gues it would be better to get a diplomat infected and let him talk to the faction leader, cuz that can always be done, but im not sure if you can infect anybody with a diplomat.

anyways i'm doing a julii very hard game at the moment and im doing pretty well: i got caralis, segesta, lilybaum and syrcaus (for the trade routes :P) and mediolaum and patavium. them gauls are rly starting to piss me of now with their full-flag armies starting a siege on patavium and mediolaum every 2 turns, im still standin tho :P.

by the way does any of you guys know what it means when those trade route thingys arnt blue but purple?

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-23 03:09:41

At 12/22/05 09:40 AM, FatherBritmas wrote: W00t, I completed the Carthage campaign. That was ages ago, now I'm on Egypt and it rules. I have Merchant Quarters in about four settlements and irrigation and stuff.

Screenie of my empire and my cash total (please voice your amazement at the latter.

lol i never finished carthage actually i always got pissed at the scipii and eventually started a scipii game myself :P

but yeah its cool to have irrigation and shit but id watch my squalor if i were you, squalor is a real bitch when it kicks into your best town :P

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-23 07:36:13

At 12/23/05 06:04 AM, FatherBritmas wrote:
At 12/23/05 03:09 AM, mellow-muppet wrote: lol i never finished carthage actually i always got pissed at the scipii and eventually started a scipii game myself :P
What I did was take the whole of Sicily as soon as possible and then build an army really quickly and took Capua, thus taking care of the Sciipi early. I did the same with the Julli later on, and drove the Brutii off Italy, Greece and drove them far off north before finishing them off. It was annoying how they kept on taking other settlements while I was taking theirs. I was surprised though, cos the Julli hadn't done anything but take Segesta.

but yeah its cool to have irrigation and shit but id watch my squalor if i were you, squalor is a real bitch when it kicks into your best town :P
But dude, seriously, I can do anything I want now with my money. I have double the amount I had yesterday and the Romans attacked me. I'll tell you this, that's the last mistake they'll ever make. I wiped out Parthia and the Seleucids, and Greece is about to fall to me. Only a trade agreement has stopped me from doing the same with Pontus.

wtf, romans already its only 238 bc right? ( the screenie ).
with the egypts the first encounter with romans was about 160 bc or even later on.
by the way the thing with the julii only taking segesta happend to me 3 times already but 2 times agaisnt scipii and 1 time against brutii and in all 3 cases it was when i took one of their italian provinces, they just stopped taking other settlments.

By the way when having such great wealth i personally don't think its wise to let pontus profit from it, cuz all their doing right now is building up an economy from your wealth just to be in war with you later on in the game your just giving them extra funds to attack you, since all their other enemy have already been taken care of by you they can concentrate on creating big armies without any trouble cuz sooner or later you will have to face them so its better to face em sooner.

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-23 08:36:07

At 12/23/05 08:15 AM, FatherBritmas wrote:
About four years later than that, the Sciipi attacked Lepcis Magna in North Africa.

yeah but thats just a lil attack right, they didnt try to invade with hordes of armies :P

Aaah those Brutii bastards took a lot of killing in my game. I finished them off somewhere far north-east of where they're meant to be.

hmm the dacia/thrace part right? they wont stand a chance over there: there are almost no provinces wich have ports and the wintrs are harsh over there

I can attack Pontus at my leisure.

well if i were you id send some spies to be sure of that, they could already be popping armies like its nothing
At the moment, I'm working on taking the whole of Turkey, then I'll work North-east through Pontus. I had an alliance with the Seleucids before but, when my armies needed feeding, I swept through their lands. I'm not gonna land on Greece just yet though, I'm working on wiping them off Asia.

hmm my guess is that the best thing to do is to destroy pontus before they can even start being a threat get or keep armenia to be an allie since they would stop anybody (parthians) who would pass them but they will never ever betray you. so your north east side will be safe and you can concentrate on greece

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-23 08:43:25

o wait i thought you had the parthian provs at the most east side 2, so yeah just get those 2 or 3 provs until the armenian-northern parthian border

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-24 03:14:21

holy crap, I didn't know there was a rome total war club, can I join? Im getting expansion tommorow for christmas! I can't wait, so anyways can I Join?

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-24 03:33:07

At 10/18/04 06:13 PM, -Andrew- wrote: Rome Total War is fun, but damn is some parts hard, especially those elephants. They murder my infantry.

Another annoying unit is the chariot.

The best way to deal with elephants is hoplites, hoplites murder them, if your out in the field you might need some tougher hoplites like silver shields or spartans, but if ur guarding a gate, even german spear warbands, when coupled with boiling oil can take down bunches of elephants, my friend got so pissed off when I did that to him.

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-24 03:40:52

At 2/13/05 08:08 AM, deurwaarder wrote:
At 2/12/05 10:09 PM, RavenGage wrote:
abou those quotes. incredible that almost everything is about war and bravery. but it was a big war period. i saw a documentery on discovery about sparta, damn now they had amazing disepline and long long and hard training. and how they fought the ppl from persia i think (herses, something like that) who had more then 1000 men. sparta only fought with 300, because they where celabrating a no fighting tradition. but they where betrayed and where atacked from behind.

That would be the battle of thermopylae my friend, one of my favorite battles in ancient history. It was between the spartans, lead by king Leonidas of sparta against the persians lead by Xerxes, the king of persia, herodotus recored that there were 300 spartans against 2,000,000 persians, although the spartans only managed to kill 10,000 persians, it was a victory for them although they all died. Although Herodotus who is known as the father of history is also hailed as the father of lies. The number of persians that actually fought in the battle is closer to 200,000, still an incredible number for 300 men to fight. Some spartans undoubtably killed at least 300 persians.

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-24 06:42:42

At 12/24/05 04:00 AM, FatherBritmas wrote:
Wrong, there were NOT two million Persians, there were about ten thousand. The battle was in a thin valley and the Spartans were holding the Persians. There were about 300 Spartans. But then a traitor led the Persians through a secret path in the mountain to behind the Spartans who were then massacred.

lol wtf i JUST read about that battle, like 5 min ago, wtf what a coincidence (SP)
but the spartan naval army did totaly pwnd the persians on their way back.
if i remember well

deeeerp

BBS Signature

Response to Rome Total War Club 2005-12-24 08:19:39

At 12/24/05 04:00 AM, FatherBritmas wrote:
Wrong, there were NOT two million Persians, there were about ten thousand. The battle was in a thin valley and the Spartans were holding the Persians. There were about 300 Spartans. But then a traitor led the Persians through a secret path in the mountain to behind the Spartans who were then massacred.

also when the spartans found out about the perians they followd them leaving the vally un guarded and they were led away from the main army

deeeerp

BBS Signature