TheTrooper5
TheTrooper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 06:05 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 11:49 PM, Vincoid wrote:
At 4/18/12 10:49 AM, TheTrooper5 wrote: I text her telling her I needed to tell her something important and it'd only take about 15 minutes if she wanted to come over this week.

I got "Sorry I'm not ready , I have work to do so I need to focus on that."
That sucks man. Don't worry though, you'll have to give her some time.

Does she know that you're working on yourself? That you've been talking to a counselor? If not, let her know. You see, if it is time that she needs, I understand. But usually, what time does is it makes you forget about the small negative experiences you've had with someone. Which is why so many people get back with there ex or start thinking about them again.
When the negativity fades, all that remains is the positive. In your case, you have to make sure there's something positive she can think of when the negativity fades. Not saying there was never anything positive, but I think it won't be enough to get her to want to get back with you.
That's why you'll need to let her know, in detail, what you're changing about yourself. Letting her know you're getting professional advice is a big step and will let her know you're being serious.

You don't necessarily have to tell her in person. Just let her know in any way and give her time to think about it. Don't contact her after you've told her unless she contacts you about it. And wait at least a month before contacting her again when you've heard nothing from her.
You'll basicly have to "meet and get to know" her again.

I told her I couldn't tell her over a text because, it just wouldn't feel right, it would lose the personal feel and honesty. It's like why people don't get married over text, but she's getting annoyed at that.
She just told me she wasn't 'mentally strong enough' to see me and got quite angry about how she never said the break was over.
She knows I've seen a counselor, but I guess she doesn't know the massive change I've gone.
We ended on a bad note last night, so I'm going to text her later apologising, explaining why I can't tell her over a text, and telling her that what I need to tell her, whilst changing the dynamic of our past relationship, is nothing but good news.
I only ignored the break because I really didn't feel like that person I was 2 months ago, and I guess I just got excited about her meeting this new person, the person she thought I was.

TheTrooper5
TheTrooper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

I text her apologizing for the argument yesterday, telling her why I couldn't tell her in text, that I have changed, that I'll give her time and whatnot.
Well, she's blocked me completely off facebook...so that's re-assuring.

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 4/19/12 12:21 PM, TheTrooper5 wrote: I text her apologizing for the argument yesterday, telling her why I couldn't tell her in text, that I have changed, that I'll give her time and whatnot.
Well, she's blocked me completely off facebook...so that's re-assuring.

Getting back with someone is always a waiting game, so all you can do now is wait. Trying to speed things up will only make it less likely to work out the way you want it to.

In the meanwhile, keep doing your thing. Continue this road you're taking and live life the way you want to. Don't focus too much on this situation that's going on. If anything, move on but keep it in the back of your mind. I know you really like her and want her to be with you, but life goes on. If you keep waiting and hoping for something to happen, life will simply move on and you'll miss it. You'll find out eventually if she's supposed to be a part of it or not.

For instance, when my ex broke up with me due to pressure from her family, we basicly still wanted to be with together. After waiting a while I told her I was moving on. She could let me know as soon as she wanted to get back together again. Had I moved on, sucks for her. If I was still available, I'd consider it.
Now I'm with the most awesome girl I can imagine, we're engaged and are looking for a place for ourselves to start a family. Life can take a crazy and wonderful path as soon as you stop clinging to a specific thing and see where it takes you.

Moving on doesn't necessarily mean you're giving up and letting go. You're simply acknowledging that life is about growth, and letting someone else decide for you what your life will look like is preventing growth from happening.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
TheTrooper5
TheTrooper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 4/19/12 03:35 PM, Vincoid wrote:
Moving on doesn't necessarily mean you're giving up and letting go. You're simply acknowledging that life is about growth, and letting someone else decide for you what your life will look like is preventing growth from happening.

Thanks Vincoid, you've been a great help, moreso than most sites or people I've spoken with.

D
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 4/19/12 03:42 PM, TheTrooper5 wrote: Thanks Vincoid, you've been a great help, moreso than most sites or people I've spoken with.

You're welcome. If you ever need anything again, let me know, here on the forum or PM me if you want. Hope everything works out for you ;)

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

Come on dude. This thread is meant for actual advice. If you're only going to say stupid shit like your last post, go do it somewhere else. I can understand why you would want to make people laugh, but most people coming here take quite a big step just sharing their story. Having someone respond to it like you do can come off in the wrong way, possibly doing more damage than good. For instance, telling someone who's working with a counselor that counseling is weak and useless is a pretty fucked up thing to say, even if you're simply trying to be funny. Trying to be funny is one thing, but doing so without taking another person's emotions in consideration simply makes you a dick.

So please keep the advice seriously and if you're just trying to get a laugh, go do it somewhere else. The forum's big enough.

Well, the intent was to actually make HIM laugh, but I guess it backfired. None of that was intended to be offensive, even if that's the way you took it. Sorry to offend, bro.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:58 AM Reply

At 4/22/12 09:03 PM, Glides wrote: Well, the intent was to actually make HIM laugh, but I guess it backfired. None of that was intended to be offensive, even if that's the way you took it. Sorry to offend, bro.

Hey, no problem. From a neutral point of view, it's actually something you can laugh about, but that's hardly ever the case for someone who's asking for advice. Making that step and getting jokes in return while you're hoping for something that will help (feeling helpless even) can make things worse. I believe that's a risk you shouldn't want to take. So I'm not offended or anything, I just want to make sure nobody else is.

BBS Signature
TheTrooper5
TheTrooper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 4/23/12 05:58 AM, Vincoid wrote:
At 4/22/12 09:03 PM, Glides wrote: Well, the intent was to actually make HIM laugh, but I guess it backfired. None of that was intended to be offensive, even if that's the way you took it. Sorry to offend, bro.
Hey, no problem. From a neutral point of view, it's actually something you can laugh about, but that's hardly ever the case for someone who's asking for advice. Making that step and getting jokes in return while you're hoping for something that will help (feeling helpless even) can make things worse. I believe that's a risk you shouldn't want to take. So I'm not offended or anything, I just want to make sure nobody else is.

I personally didn't find it offensive, I just thought it was a dick move. But yeah, even in an emotionally fraught state it's not the best thing to read, there's a time and a place for 'roasting'.

This is not said place.
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 12:39 AM Reply

I suppose I should bother you gents for a moment.

There's I girl I know whom I have feelings for. I met her a month ago and in my mind I refer to her as "The girl of my dreams".
I know she's what I am looking for, well one of the things I am looking for. But that's not the point. The point?

Well... Over the month We spend so much time together that I actually fallen for her. We fucked, shared moments with each other and had a ton of fun. She made my life from gloomy to "Melancholy Happiness" as I call it. 2 weeks into knowing her she breaks up with her boyfriend she was planning to do for a while. and a good week or 2 later ex-boyfriend becomes boyfriend again. I blam myself for not opening myself up to her I suppose. she's confused, and falls hard for people. I was also the same. but I only fallen for one person in my life and that's her. I guess I'm asking is there still a chance? Or maybe any opinions would be nice in this matter

anyother details and I'll happily give out

I guess if I were a year older I woulda been with her no porblem after she broke up with her bf is now bf again.(I'm jailbait to her)

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 4/24/12 12:39 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: I guess if I were a year older I woulda been with her no porblem after she broke up with her bf is now bf again.(I'm jailbait to her)

How old exactly is this girl? And how could your age possibly make a difference (unless she's a golddigger and he's a 89 year old millionair)?

Not that it really matters. All that matters is that you'd like another shot with "the girl of your dreams", who also happens to be the same girl that fucked you after she broke up with her boyfriend, only to start dating him again two weeks later. I'm guessing that didn't happen in the dream...

I don't believe you have a "chance" as far as I can tell. Sounds to me like she made use of your interest in her and then got back with what felt safe to her. I don't think she has any interest in you beyond that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like there's any chance.

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 4/24/12 12:55 PM, Vincoid wrote:
How old exactly is this girl? And how could your age possibly make a difference (unless she's a golddigger and he's a 89 year old millionair)?

I'm 17 and she's turning 21 this week.

I don't believe you have a "chance" as far as I can tell. Sounds to me like she made use of your interest in her and then got back with what felt safe to her. I don't think she has any interest in you beyond that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like there's any chance.

I see. thanks for the honest thoughts. i needed that.

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature
Jesse-Ray
Jesse-Ray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 4/24/12 12:39 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: I suppose I should bother you gents for a moment.

She's volatile and just wants to be admired. She sounds awful if she's willing to cheat and dart around relationships as if they're meaningless. Fuck if you want to but both you and her are the assholes in that situation. Also she's not your dream girl you're just deluded by a girl that puts out, which is fun but don't apply anything to it.

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 4/24/12 05:08 PM, Jesse-Ray wrote:
At 4/24/12 12:39 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: I suppose I should bother you gents for a moment.
She's volatile and just wants to be admired. She sounds awful if she's willing to cheat and dart around relationships as if they're meaningless. Fuck if you want to but both you and her are the assholes in that situation. Also she's not your dream girl you're just deluded by a girl that puts out, which is fun but don't apply anything to it.

Okay. then the best option would be to move on. keep her just as a friend and find someone else.
If i were to keep trying it'll just hurt myself and won't work out i suppose..... finding love is quite difficult. It's no rush as they say though.

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Okay. then the best option would be to move on. keep her just as a friend and find someone else.
If i were to keep trying it'll just hurt myself and won't work out i suppose..... finding love is quite difficult. It's no rush as they say though.

More than difficult, almost impossible. But if you're up to it, keep trying your best.

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 4/26/12 11:11 PM, RandomRoarness wrote:
At 4/24/12 05:08 PM, Jesse-Ray wrote:

I say unfriend that whore, if she can cheat on someone she shouldn't be a friend because she's going to be a pretty shitty friend if she doesn't change her whorish ways.

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 11:35 PM, nakedxbabe wrote: I say unfriend that whore, if she can cheat on someone she shouldn't be a friend because she's going to be a pretty shitty friend if she doesn't change her whorish ways.

I don't really agree. You can be great friends with someone who cheats on their partner. It doesn't necessarilly mean they can't be loyal to you, or that you agree with what they're doing.
As for this particular situation, I hardly think she made him believe there was anything there to begin with. Had she led him on to believe there was a future between them, then she'd be a deceiving bitch and unworthy of being a friend.

BBS Signature
twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM Reply

Hey everybody. This looks like its going to be a long one.

So I wrote here last saying I was having problems trying to get somebody to like me back. Well things have changed now and I am going out with somebody else who is just incredible. This wonderful and incredible girl broke up with her boyfriend at the time because he was a dick and no longer loved him. Instead she was having feelings for me since I invited her to a music festival with me.

Now everything has been running smoothly and there has been no troubles, since Friday night. I have been on extra strong pain medication because I messed up my shoulder, resulting in surgery two weeks ago. I said something that she disliked and I was to out of it to realize. I had to go back through the messages the next day to realize I had screwed up.

I was speaking to my girlfriend and my Nan at the time. And my nan asked for some pictures of me and my new girlfriend. But I forgot to mention all of that and instead just asked for pics if her. Now I didn't mean this at all, this was entirely by mistake because I as on such strong pain medication.

I tried to speak to her yesterday and it was like speaking to a wall. If she would reply it was short and blunt. So I decided that if I was to make things better, I should probably try and see her. Because it seemed more likely in my head that she would want to hear the truth in person.

So I went in and saw her today and I spoke with her for at least two hours, though she told me that I should probably leave with in the first 30 minutes. I told her that I realized that I screwed up and what I was meant to say didn't come out at all. It was my fault yes, I don't need to be told that, but it was all an mistake, a mis communication if you will.

Now I thought the best way for us to get over it would be to see her face to face and try to resolve the situation as soon as possible. If her or I left it, it would have just festered and added more salt to the wound.

So my question is. Where should I go from here? She told me that she still loves me, she is just really angry and is confused about something. It doesn't really help when she isn't sure what she is confused about. From what I have gathered I have decided that I should probably try and stay back for a little while, so she can decide what to do. Because at the moment I have no power at all.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me out.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Relationship Crew Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

Best relationship advice for those who don't have a girlfriend but are currently looking for one: stop giving a fuck.

I had to take quite a few rejections to understand that concept. Now my mind is free and I have been a lot more productive with my hobbies than before.

I will only go after a girl if I can tell 100% that she is into me and that she's waiting for me in her room.

lel

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 1st, 2012 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 4/29/12 02:20 AM, twistex wrote: So my question is. Where should I go from here? She told me that she still loves me, she is just really angry and is confused about something. It doesn't really help when she isn't sure what she is confused about. From what I have gathered I have decided that I should probably try and stay back for a little while, so she can decide what to do. Because at the moment I have no power at all.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me out.

Give it time. It's probably nothing that's bothering her, just some lingering frustration over what you've said to her. Those frustrations never go away quickly, especially when she's had time to replay it over and over again in her head before you realized what you did.

Try to move on with her. Get her to do fun stuff again with you. It'll all be good again soon.

BBS Signature
twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Relationship Crew May. 1st, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

Give it time. It's probably nothing that's bothering her, just some lingering frustration over what you've said to her. Those frustrations never go away quickly, especially when she's had time to replay it over and over again in her head before you realized what you did.

Try to move on with her. Get her to do fun stuff again with you. It'll all be good again soon.

Thank you for the help.

Yeah I thought so. I have been give her as much space as possible because I knew she was still angry. But of an night time I do try and start a conversation with her. But I "think" after the better half of a week I think she has had some time to relax, calm down and decide what she wants to do from here.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 06:52 PM, twistex wrote: Thank you for the help.

Yeah I thought so. I have been give her as much space as possible because I knew she was still angry. But of an night time I do try and start a conversation with her. But I "think" after the better half of a week I think she has had some time to relax, calm down and decide what she wants to do from here.

True, but you'll have to be with her physically. She'll forgive and forget eventually since that it is what time will do. However, being around her to prove it was a one time thing and you plan on keeping it like that will make it happen sooner. Not only that, it might make her completely forget about it having happened.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Kay, so there's been a lot of things going on for me in the last couple days.

I haven't really been trying to get a girlfriend lately because I'm just going to go off to college in a few months. Various reasons. I went to prom with a bunch of friends this Saturday. Anyways, there was a girl there that I "dated" in 7th grade. We didn't really know each other that well. I just started talking to her again last year, and we became friends again a bit more recently. For some reason, that day she showed a pretty strong interest in me even though she hadn't before.

I asked her to dance later that night, the first time she got nervous when I placed my hand on her hip (?) and just sort of stopped. A while later, after I danced with another girl she got obviously jealous and then actually danced with me. When her friends left, she asked if I could give her a ride home so that she could stay longer and I said yes. I ended up hanging out with her the rest of the night and she got more comfortable around me as time went on. We ended up making out afterwards right before I took her home.

At that point I assumed that we were dating. Stupid I guess, since we didn't actually talk about it. But since it was the first time that she had even kissed a guy I just assumed that she wouldn't want to get that close to me unless she wanted to be in a relationship. The next day I just chatted with her on Facebook for a bit and then gave her my phone number, cause I wanted to talk to her in person later. She texted me the day after that and we talked for a while.

Finally, today, I talked to her in person and asked her if she wanted to start dating, she said yes. However, she's been acting... differently around me since then. She hasn't been acting the same as when we were friends. I want her to be comfortable around me but she keeps saying that she has social anxiety or that she doesn't get out a lot. What, if anything can I do to change that attitude? Or is just up to her?

I know that the relationship just started but it's already worrying me a bit for some reason.

twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Relationship Crew May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

True, but you'll have to be with her physically. She'll forgive and forget eventually since that it is what time will do. However, being around her to prove it was a one time thing and you plan on keeping it like that will make it happen sooner. Not only that, it might make her completely forget about it having happened.

That does make sense. Never really looked at it that way. Well I did til Monday and she wouldn't even look at me let alone speak to me. So I thought if I was away from her for a little while she could clear her head and decide what she wants to do from there.

But not being there and trying to prove my point doesn't make "me" feel any better. It just gets me more anxious and worried about what "could" happen.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 5/1/12 10:25 PM, bgraybr wrote: Finally, today, I talked to her in person and asked her if she wanted to start dating, she said yes. However, she's been acting... differently around me since then. She hasn't been acting the same as when we were friends. I want her to be comfortable around me but she keeps saying that she has social anxiety or that she doesn't get out a lot. What, if anything can I do to change that attitude? Or is just up to her?

I know that the relationship just started but it's already worrying me a bit for some reason.

It's perfectly normal for her to behave like this. Relationships create a whole lot of expectation and it can be hard for some people to get used/adjust to that. Seeing as she's never kissed a guy before you I'm assuming she's never been in a serious relationship before, so all she has to compare your relationship with (and the expectations that she has, plus the idea she has of what others expect from her) are stories from other people/movies/songs/etc.
She'll need time to get used to it, get comfortable with it and adjust to you. You'll have to find your way in the relationship as well. Most important thing to do is to keep talking about it. Make sure you know what's bothering her and help her get past it either by pointing out that her logic is flawed (girls are mostly emotional, rarely logical so it's not uncommon for her to be upset about things that aren't actually going on), or by solving the problem.
If you don't talk about it she'll keep thinking about what she's feeling and it'll become worse and worse in her mind untill it can't be fixed anymore. Instead, find out what it is when you can still easily fix it. Don't fix her problems for her though, only provide the answers with which she can solve them herself.

It's also perfectly normal that you're worrying. We all do it once we find something we care about and don't want to lose. Don't let it get in the way of enjoying what you have though. It's a shame if you lose what you have simply because you fear losing it.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew May. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:03 PM Reply

I'll make this quick, especially since I know this probably happens to a lot of people.

You're pretty much screwed if the girl you've got feelings for A. doesn't think of you anything beyond some guy she can casually chat with and B. has a boyfriend already, who is perfectly capable of beating you into dust at any second.

It sucks because I can't get this chick out of my head. This has happened before, and I'm hoping these feelings go away soon. But what should I do until then? Or what should I do if it never goes away?

Yeah, Vincoid, I'm the ass who sucks at giving relationship advice.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 11:03 PM, Glides wrote: You're pretty much screwed if the girl you've got feelings for A. doesn't think of you anything beyond some guy she can casually chat with and B. has a boyfriend already, who is perfectly capable of beating you into dust at any second.

True, though I guess A is pretty much the reason you're safe from B, so that's something positive...

It sucks because I can't get this chick out of my head. This has happened before, and I'm hoping these feelings go away soon. But what should I do until then? Or what should I do if it never goes away?

What did you do last time, and did it go away? What you can do is go live the life you normally live. Assuming you're not obsessing about her all day, that should keep you pretty busy with anything but her. When you do think of her or some feelings arise that are connected with her, reason with them and tell yourself it's not a possibility and there's no need to feel this way.
You can also actively go out to find someone else who's just as/even more interesting than her and could be interested in you as well. I'd say that's a better waste of your energy were it to fail than thinking of an impossible outcome the entire time. It also has the advantage of getting you out there, training yourself to be more social with people whom you've never spoken to before, developing your character (which is an essential and extremely rewarding part of life).

The other day I read this in one of my books; "This life I'm living, it's not a rehearsal, it's not practice, this is the real deal. This is the only chance I'll ever get". What do you want out of life? What are you doing to get it? Do you know how to get it? If not, what are you doing to get the knowledge or skill to get what you want? Are you devoting time out of each day to get closer to your goals?

Live life actively, not on auto-pilot. Think. Act. Achieve. Grow.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew May. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

True, though I guess A is pretty much the reason you're safe from B, so that's something positive...

Good point.

What did you do last time, and did it go away? What you can do is go live the life you normally live. Assuming you're not obsessing about her all day, that should keep you pretty busy with anything but her. When you do think of her or some feelings arise that are connected with her, reason with them and tell yourself it's not a possibility and there's no need to feel this way.

No, thankfully for me and my psyche I'm not the sort who obsesses about anything like that. I do think about her sometimes, but it's really more of something casual she might have said to me or just an image of her in my head. So, nothing weird, pinky promise. And I understand completely that I have no chance with her. She has no interest in me at all, and besides that, she's out of my league. I may be a cynic, but I'm not stupid (I hope)

You can also actively go out to find someone else who's just as/even more interesting than her and could be interested in you as well. I'd say that's a better waste of your energy were it to fail than thinking of an impossible outcome the entire time. It also has the advantage of getting you out there, training yourself to be more social with people whom you've never spoken to before, developing your character (which is an essential and extremely rewarding part of life).

When that girl pops up, then we'll see. For now, I'm gonna focus on falling out of love with this girl.

The other day I read this in one of my books; "This life I'm living, it's not a rehearsal, it's not practice, this is the real deal. This is the only chance I'll ever get". What do you want out of life? What are you doing to get it? Do you know how to get it? If not, what are you doing to get the knowledge or skill to get what you want? Are you devoting time out of each day to get closer to your goals?

Well, I'm not a Hindu, so I'm not reincarnating when I die. Nice quote, but this is women we're talking about, logic and sense do not apply to wooing them.

Live life actively, not on auto-pilot. Think. Act. Achieve. Grow.

You know, just a thought, but you should do this sort of thing professionally. Self-help and all. You certainly got the right attitude for it.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 5/3/12 10:25 PM, Glides wrote:

When that girl pops up, then we'll see. For now, I'm gonna focus on falling out of love with this girl.

Sure, but here's why I said it; you're not going to fall out of love doing nothing. When you lose yourself in something else completely, it replaces all the unneccessary stuff. By affirming that your feelings for her are pointless, they will be removed once you're doing something that will make better use of that energy.
Below I'll explain why character development is such a useful way of doing so.

Well, I'm not a Hindu, so I'm not reincarnating when I die. Nice quote, but this is women we're talking about, logic and sense do not apply to wooing them.

That's not completely true. While most women might not show any forms of logic or reasoning, what they find attractive is male qualities. Those qualities are controlled by you, and you're a logical being.
Most men spend go through life thinking they need the perfect thing to say to a woman, or that it's luck, or random. What few men realize is that women respond to certain traits, and traits can be learned, trained and mastered.
For instance: confidence. Confidence can be achieved by anyone in any situation. The more fears you conquer, the more skills you learn, the more confident you'll be. Confidence is the most important factor in attracting a woman. High standard women (the ones who have a lot of traits men desire) are rarely attracted to a man with low self-esteem. If you've ever wondered how a butt-ugly guy scored an A+ chick, it's confidence. (in some cases you might think status or money, but those come from confidence as well).

That's why I never tell guys what to tell a girl (expect in extremely specific situation), but rather what they need to change about themselves in order to become naturally attractive to women. Which doesn't mean you're born with the skills to woo them, but that you'll master the skills by yourself, making them a habit.

You know, just a thought, but you should do this sort of thing professionally. Self-help and all. You certainly got the right attitude for it.

Thanks, I'm working on it ;)

-----------------------------------------------

At 5/3/12 10:37 PM, LaForge wrote:

i have a total inability to trust all human beings on earth. i'm suspicious of even my closest friends. suspicious that they think of me poorly, don't care about me and are only friendly with me to lure me in and talk about me behind my back.

You should be suspicious of that way of thinking. What has it ever brought you in life? What evidence do you have? What possible motivation could someone have to act friendly to you only to talk shit about you behind your back?

even if i cannot overcome my paranoia, how can i at least start a conversation with this person when and if i see her again? keep in mind that i've gone over this scenario a bazillion times in my head and in every simulation i cannot overcome my fear, so "suck it up" will not cut it.

Sorry to tell you this, but that's exactly what you'll need to do. There is no other way of overcoming your fears. If there's be an easy way, there would be no reason to fear in the first place. That's why overcoming your fears is so hard and rewarding. It makes sure that people who are strong enough, disciplined enough, get more out of life because they face their fears, risk it all and grow in life.
Also, we fear what we do not know, what we're not used to. By surrounding ourselves with that which we fear, we experience that it's actually not what we thought it would be, get used to it and master it.
The same goes for thinking someone will betray you. You can make sure you never have to fear it will happen by not engaging a relationship in the first place. You won't be betrayed, but you won't be able to enjoy the other person being in your life either. You'll never be able to be with anyone. I'm guessing that feeling sucks more than trying.

Mostly, I think you need to start questioning yourself and the way you think. As one of my best friends has said perfectly: "When all that ever happens to you is shit, you need to realize that the only constant factor in all of it is you"
You problem is with your thinking. There is not a shred of evidence that anything you've ever thought is true. You can't read minds, you've never asked someone wether they think about you in that way or not so you don't have any evidence to support your ideas.

Stop trying to control the outcome of your desires. We as humans are so obsessed with being in control, we often forget that there are two people in play when it comes to relationships, and you can't decide what will happen nor control what the other says or thinks. You've thought of a bazillion ways? Let me asure you that if you go up to her next time you see her and start talking to her, it will be nothing like any of those ways. That's because in your mind, the possible outcome is always affected by your fear. In reality, she's not aware of that fear, so it won't influence her.

Next time you see her, stop with whatever you're doing (immediately, no thinking about it first!), go up to her and say; "Hey my name is .... "
After she's told you her name (ask for it if she doesn't give it right away), say; "(insert name), I must admit, I've seen you around and there's something intruiging about you, something that makes me keep looking at you. I've decided today is the day I try to find out what it is."
You can let her respond to that or you can simply follow it up with a question about what she's up to. You can throw in a joke if you want, ease things up a bit.

Read this a couple of times, adjust it a bit so that it'll be more like you and then do it. Don't think about it, don't think about any possible outcome, just do it and see what happens. Don't be afraid that you won't know what to say. Your unconscious mind will kick in once you let go of trying to control the situation and it will tell you what to say. It's actually quite easy since you don't know anything about her, you can ask whatever you want to.
One note, don't change anything about the tone of the conversation. As you can see, everything is decisive. There is no hesitation, no apologies for talking to her, no shame for having watched her before nor for wanting to get to know her. What you do is for a reason, so there's no room nor reason for insecurity. The outcome is an adventure, not a life or death situation.

Do you refuse to read the ending of a book because you fear what might happen, or do you keep reading because you have to know? Why not apply this same way of thinking to life itself? To your own story?

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew May. 4th, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 5/2/12 01:18 AM, Vincoid wrote: Make sure you know what's bothering her and help her get past it either by pointing out that her logic is flawed (girls are mostly emotional, rarely logical so it's not uncommon for her to be upset about things that aren't actually going on), or by solving the problem.
If you don't talk about it she'll keep thinking about what she's feeling and it'll become worse and worse in her mind untill it can't be fixed anymore. Instead, find out what it is when you can still easily fix it. Don't fix her problems for her though, only provide the answers with which she can solve them herself.

Well speaking of getting upset over nothing...

Today everything seemed to be going normally. I had a short conversation with her at the beginning of the day and asked her if she could hang out on Friday or Saturday. She just gave an ambiguous answer, I think it was "I'm not sure". Since I didn't have much time I just told her that she could call me later. Later, I talked to a close friend of mine that also happens to be friends with her... she asked me how things were going and I brought it up. It was bothering me that she acts so... uncertain about everything. My friend said that I should just pick a time because she "doesn't know what she wants". I'm not sure what to make of that comment lol.

This afternoon she made a generic Facebook post that said something like "I'm so frustrated!". I texted her to ask if she was okay. She didn't reply until an hour later, and said "I don't know" (how helpful). I asked why and she said that she wasn't sure if she wanted to discuss it right now. So I said "Okay. If it keeps bothering you don't be afraid to ask me for help". To which she replied "it's just stuff". I also had to tell her that I would be out of town this weekend (something came up last minute) and wouldn't see her until Sunday afternoon at the latest. Her response was simply "Oh, okay" which really kinda makes me feel like shit because it sounds like she doesn't even care at all... but anyways, after that I couldn't think of anything to say so I just said "Goodnight" and "I hope you feel better soon". She said "goodnight, sorry". So I told her that there was nothing to be sorry about, not to worry, etc. She sent me another "Oh, okay", then the conversation ended.

I'm a bit nervous about the fact that she wouldn't tell me what was bothering her. I didn't pry because I thought it would be overbearing and that perhaps what she was upset about wasn't even related to me. She's going on a trip to Six Flags tomorrow and I think she's worrying about it (yeah...). When we talked the other day she mentioned the trip and said that she hadn't ever been anywhere like that and wasn't sure if she would have fun, or know anyone there. I tried my best to reassure her but apparently she said the same stuff to at least one other person lol, our mutual friend.

So... yeah.

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew May. 4th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 5/4/12 12:08 AM, bgraybr wrote: My friend said that I should just pick a time because she "doesn't know what she wants". I'm not sure what to make of that comment lol.

Probably doesn't mean much other than that she can't make up her mind. Whatever it means though, be more specific with her. If you ask her to hang out with you, ask her for a specific time, not a day.

Her response was simply "Oh, okay" which really kinda makes me feel like shit because it sounds like she doesn't even care at all... but anyways, after that I couldn't think of anything to say so I just said "Goodnight" and "I hope you feel better soon". She said "goodnight, sorry". So I told her that there was nothing to be sorry about, not to worry, etc. She sent me another "Oh, okay", then the conversation ended.

Be honest with her. Tell her what you think of the way she treats you. It might be that she's not feeling great, but it's simply disrespectful and selfish to treat you like that when all you want is for her to feel better. There's no reason for you to tolerate such behaviour.
Plus, if you tell her that, you'll notice soon enough wether she cares or not. If she does, she'll be more open with you about what's bothering her and she won't send dismissive texts like that again. If she still keeps doing what she does now, you know enough. Don't put up with such self centered behaviour. The earth rotates around the sun, not her.

I'm a bit nervous about the fact that she wouldn't tell me what was bothering her. I didn't pry because I thought it would be overbearing and that perhaps what she was upset about wasn't even related to me.

Wether it's related or not is not important. You're in a relationship with her, if you want her to feel better, you'll have to find out what's bothering her and provide help and advice whenever you can. Either don't care at all or be there completely for her. Asking her if she's okay and then ignoring her after a dismissive text simply shows you're not interested enough either. Commit to helping her.

Remember though, it's give and take within a relationship. If all she ever does is take when it suits her and never gives, it's not worth it. It's disrespectful towards yourself to accept such a situation.
Turn things around, be there for her, show her how it's done. If she doesn't respond to that, there's no reason to continue.

BBS Signature