New Topic Respond to this Topic
thegreatmorph
thegreatmorph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 16:12:59 Reply

At 3/23/08 04:25 PM, Vincoid wrote: Amen on that.

I'm glad you agree..if only to some degree :D

Great. I can now easily come to the conclusion that you're no wussy.

LIAH! No but I really am.. I mean I couldn't..

Well, I'll save that for an update on how my life's going in a huge block of writing in the latter part of the post.

That's okay, everybody has his own view on what kind of relationship they want, and I don't think there is only one that's 'right'. Though there are some points I think need to be in every relationship in order to keep it healthy for both.

Yeah I'd definately have to agree with that. I also believe that equality in feelings have to be established. I don't think it works if one loves/likes the other more. I just feel that in those situations it can only end badly.

The real purpose of my questions were to see if you are a wussy or not, which I've just answered ;)

Well yeah, there's no doubting it.

So anyway, to that block of text I'm going to write now. If anyone remembers, I got drunk and slept with one of my ex's while beginning to date another girl unofficially. I have since broken it off with my ex, as I really do want things to work with becca, the other girl, even if it is going far more slowly than even I expect.

Well anyway, I got drunk once again (reckless youth, I know) and to my undying shame text every girl in my phone's memory asking for sex. For the most part this was ok, as many of the girls in my phone know that it sometimes happens when I get very drunk. But this time I remembered I had re-aquired my ex's number. So she goes insane and starts shouting about how I was using her for sex, which I'd only done once, because we were using each other.

So in the end after a mini rant about how I'm a prick that needs to be 'gatted' I apologize and delete her from my phone. I go home and deleted her myspace and blocked her both on my phone and on MSN.

So i suppose by asking everyone for sex I kinda repaired my situation with Becca. Although now I've well and truly burned my bridge with my Ex.

At least I'm not asking for any of your help this time though :D

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 16:25:03 Reply

At 3/29/08 04:12 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: If anyone remembers, I got drunk and slept with one of my ex's while beginning to date another girl unofficially.
Well anyway, I got drunk once again and to my undying shame text every girl in my phone's memory asking for sex. I remembered I had re-aquired my ex's number. So she goes insane and starts shouting about how I was using her for sex, which I'd done once, because we were using each other.

You should really stop getting drunk round about now... Or at least stop acting like an ass when you do..

BBS Signature
Noobhater626
Noobhater626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 16:46:48 Reply

Then perhaps I need to go into detail on our relationship. Last school year she was just an aquaintance, someone I knew. Over the summer we sparsely talked on aim. When school started we had some conversations face to face and over aim that led me to believe she liked me. She told me that she liked someone from another school named Danny, and about a month later she started going out with him. In a few weeks they had broken up.

After this she got extremely clingy to me, hugging me multiple times a day. After maybe two months of this I decided to take a shot in the dark and ask her out. Well not really. The day before one of my friends told her everything. The day I WAS going to ask her out nothing seemed awkward, I danced around it during the day asking if she was gonna say yes and if we were going to still be friends.

I officially asked her on the phone after school. She didnt want to hurt me, so she tried to avoid saying yes or no and ending up leading me on for about an hour before finally saying that she only liked me as a friend, and that she doesnt want the friendship to end. After this I felt like a total asshole because throughout the conversation I was coming onto her because it felt like we were going to be going out. About a month later she went out with Danny again, over which time I got over her.

Danny then came out of the closet, putting him out of the picture. Over all this me and her have become extremely good friends. Then yesterday, out of the blue, she asked me if I wanted to see a movie. I'm not entirely sure if she invited anyone else, but none of our friends were asked by her, she ended up going anyway, but after all this, I'm still not sure if she likes me or even if I should just remain friends with her. That's the full story, and I'm relatively clueless as to what to make of all this or what i should do.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 17:17:37 Reply

At 3/29/08 04:44 PM, StickyWicky wrote: It's not really Tilly that's an issue. It's just I don't know if Katiee will still like me by the time she's 'done with Alex', so to speak. It's really hard to get what I mean out. What I'm trying to say is, how do I tell if Katiee likes me more than her current bf, Alex? Are there ways to go about this, age olde secrets to find out anything?

Talk to her. Simple conversation is indeed an age old trick.

Because I want us to spontaniously start dating, but I'm just worried about whether that will happen or not. I don't even know what I'm trying to ask here, am I just scared of relationships? I've never really had one D:

Well, firstly take your friend Alex into account. Taken women are a no go. You cant set out to break up a relationship (how would you like it if someone did it to you).

Really, just talk to Katiee and see if she really does like you. If not then theres nothing to be done. If so... well.. we can see when you know. For now just straight out ask her.

BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 17:25:57 Reply

At 3/29/08 04:46 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: Some stuff about the past.

I see. Forget this. Its gone and it sounds like it has little impact on you now.

:Then yesterday, out of the blue, she asked me if I wanted to see a movie. I'm not entirely sure if she invited anyone else, but none of our friends were asked by her, she ended up going anyway, but after all this, I'm still not sure if she likes me or even if I should just remain friends with her. That's the full story, and I'm relatively clueless as to what to make of all this or what i should do.

This isnt much of a question. I mean, it sounds like you know really what you want to do and are seeking re-assurence (of course I am probably wrong but it seems that way).

Do you want to be friends with her?

Theres not much to make of it to be honest. She want to meet up with you so let her do so, see if she has anything to say and what her intentions are and see how it goes from there. For now, who is to say whether she was after a friend or something more.

So yeah. Meet up with her. Arrange something explaining that you couldnt make the film but you can see her now. Try and have a laugh and fun and forget everything that ever happened between you in the past.

BBS Signature
Noobhater626
Noobhater626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 17:52:18 Reply

I will hang out with her. I called her, and we have plans to go to Dave & Busters tommorow. As for going out with her, I guess I counted my eggs before they hatched, because it turns out she went with a bunch of friends from out of school, but the fact that she invited me says that she thinks of me as a good friend. And I'm happy with that. Oh well. Since I came here, I guess I'll come back and help you guys out when I can. :D

CoryLehan
CoryLehan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 17:56:33 Reply

At 3/29/08 05:25 PM, CTM222 wrote:
At 3/29/08 04:46 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: Some stuff about the past.
Do you want to be friends with her?

I think that's a good question. It sounds like you sort of went "Oh, we aren't together? Okay then I guess I'll talk to you in a few months," and then completely forget about her. So you liked her enough to be bf/gf, but not to be a friend? Sounds kind of weird to me.

I think you should just be friends with her, go to the movies again, and if she wants to go further it'll probably be obvious. If she doesn't, then you'll be friends anyway. :)

At 3/29/08 11:52 AM, Manananas wrote: Tough situation, it's rather sad actually :( Try keep in touch with her through the internet. Get Skype and you can even talk to her.

You just answered a question asked over three months ago...

Just pointing that out... :)

Got relationship questions or problems? Ask the Relationship Crew.

BBS Signature
Noobhater626
Noobhater626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:06:23 Reply

I think that's a good question. It sounds like you sort of went "Oh, we aren't together? Okay then I guess I'll talk to you in a few months," and then completely forget about her. So you liked her enough to be bf/gf, but not to be a friend? Sounds kind of weird to me.

No, along the way we developed an amazing friendship, I'm her best guy friend, that's part of the reason she got clingy to me during that part of our relationship.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:11:57 Reply

At 3/29/08 06:06 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: No, along the way we developed an amazing friendship, I'm her best guy friend, that's part of the reason she got clingy to me during that part of our relationship.

So.. Are you still looking for a relationship with her or do you just want to be friends?

BBS Signature
Noobhater626
Noobhater626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:21:26 Reply

I do want to be friends with her. My situation has changed as this day went on. What I once thought was a date turned out to just be a movie with some of her friends. I don't really know if there's a romantic future for us, but she has always been an awesome friend.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:26:45 Reply

At 3/29/08 06:21 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: I do want to be friends with her. My situation has changed as this day went on. What I once thought was a date turned out to just be a movie with some of her friends. I don't really know if there's a romantic future for us, but she has always been an awesome friend.

Hmm.. Its just odd you posting this in a relationship crew unless you wanted a romantic future. Its nice that you think she is an awesome firend. Mny people have feelings for someone but couldnt cope with having them as a friend.

Good luck with the future with this girl :)

There should really be a general problems crew.. This crew is popular enough and relationships arent the only thing that causes troubles in life..

BBS Signature
Black-Lightning
Black-Lightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:30:35 Reply

At 3/29/08 06:21 PM, Noobhater626 wrote: I do want to be friends with her. My situation has changed as this day went on. What I once thought was a date turned out to just be a movie with some of her friends. I don't really know if there's a romantic future for us, but she has always been an awesome friend.

This may sound super fucking dumb, but in American Pie 2 or something like that, the guy said to his ex "I'd rather be friends with you than not have you in my life at all!" If you think it's just friends, so be it. Look at it that way and find another person to be with you.
Think about this. I was super good friends with my ex before we started dating. Now look, she doesn't even talk to me! There are so many downfalls to being in a relationship with a good friend. Always think if it's worth the risk, dude...

Noobhater626
Noobhater626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:36:41 Reply

I don't know. I have this wierd issue of having to talk to other people just to end up solving my problems myself. I came here, and now I feel oblidged to stay here, so I'll help out where I can.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-29 18:45:08 Reply

There are many ways of looking at situations. You can look at it in the most basic form of positive and negative outputs.. So, you look to see whether the positive outputs out weigh the negative.

You can look at the past as the most important part of your life as it shaped who you are... Or the least important as its gone already..

B-L its your call man, you can think of life as a series of risks, a path or whatever. But whatever happened with Ember has gone and you are stronger because of it even if you dont feel it right now..

I tend to live for the present and forget the past and future.. Its more fun.

BBS Signature
Black-Lightning
Black-Lightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 00:39:40 Reply

At 3/29/08 06:45 PM, CTM222 wrote: I tend to live for the present and forget the past and future.. Its more fun.

I'm just warning him. I'm warning everyone. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have never dated Ember. I really liked talking to her about stupid things and flirting. It's shitty when they don't even look at you anymore.

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 05:43:16 Reply

You guys know you can make new friends right?

And I don't think there is more risk in making a good friend a girlfriend than making a new found girl into a girlfriend. The only difference is that you skipped the friendship part in the second situation, which makes it seem like less lost.

I think the biggest problem here is that people expect everything to stay the same when they're good friends and go into a relationship. Whatever it is, the relationship didn't end because you were friends first, it's because it didn't work out (and you might not like this idea, but it's usually the guy's fault). It's just that the easiest thing to blame it on is your friendship.

Morph: stop drinking. What has it ever done for you that's actually positive? Just stop ;)

Noobhater: don't start thinking. It's when you start to think about these things and expect stuff to happen when they go wrong and create the opposite. You're more likely to achieve your goals when you don't make a big deal out of them.

CTM: great advice overall ;)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 08:07:46 Reply

At 3/30/08 05:43 AM, Vincoid wrote: CTM: great advice overall ;)

Thank you very much :) Its a shame you dont post here so often now..

BBS Signature
Black-Lightning
Black-Lightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 12:20:13 Reply

At 3/30/08 08:07 AM, CTM222 wrote: Thank you very much :) Its a shame you dont post here so often now..

Yeah! Where you been dude?

Anyways, I feel really good today. Partially because of the 'All your base are belong to us' song. It's super good and happy. But, I feel as though I should start talking to girls, but here in lies the problem. I don't want to date any of my friends. Not because I don't wanna ruin a friendship possibly, but because I'm not attracted to them. I kinda like this one girl, I'm not sure if it's just my feelings confused again, but I'm not really sure how I should go and talk to her. Suggestions? I have her in my Algebra I class and that's it.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 16:55:08 Reply

At 3/30/08 12:20 PM, Black-Lightning wrote: I kinda like this one girl, I'm not sure if it's just my feelings confused again, but I'm not really sure how I should go and talk to her. Suggestions? I have her in my Algebra I class and that's it.

If you want to talk to her, you know that you jst have to get the confidence to go and do it. Anything common between you? Even if it has to be algebra.. Maybe help each other. Get to know her and see what happens from there..

And the thing about your friends is totally understandable.

BBS Signature
Sistine1408
Sistine1408
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 18:14:58 Reply

I feel like a stalker.

No, not because of anything I've done IRL.

I just pop in here every other day or so and read all the new posts...just for the fuck of it.

But I sort of feel like I'm the wiser for it.

I guess lurking really does help, even in this kinda thing.

Current Status: Unbanned
Writer's Club, for all your literacy needs
Fourth Perspective, a wonderful site for your writing.

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 18:53:57 Reply

At 3/30/08 06:14 PM, Sistine1408 wrote: I just pop in here every other day or so and read all the new posts...just for the fuck of it.
But I sort of feel like I'm the wiser for it.

Haha. Thats ok.
Its not exactly private is it.

Glad the advice is helping you...

...Sort of

BBS Signature
Swordstick76
Swordstick76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 19:00:03 Reply

lol,

aah, you guys are funny... :)

CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 19:16:04 Reply

At 3/30/08 07:00 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: lol,

aah, you guys are funny... :)

Who is??

Sarcasm??

BBS Signature
thegreatmorph
thegreatmorph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-30 21:53:27 Reply

At 3/29/08 04:25 PM, CTM222 wrote: You should really stop getting drunk round about now... Or at least stop acting like an ass when you do..

Well, I'd like to, but I enjoy drinking, although recently I've regretted every time I drank. But I suppose mainly it's because I am an utter ass when drunk.

So yeah, point well made. I'll try.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature
sweet-tooth-pico-fan
sweet-tooth-pico-fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 01:25:47 Reply

At 3/30/08 09:53 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: Well, I'd like to, but I enjoy drinking, although recently I've regretted every time I drank. But I suppose mainly it's because I am an utter ass when drunk.

So yeah, point well made. I'll try.

Just ask me. Drunk equals bad. >:(

"The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of." --Blaise Pascal
Relationship crew. Go there. Do it. Now.
request-a-ban

Black-Lightning
Black-Lightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 02:55:50 Reply

At 3/31/08 01:25 AM, sweet-tooth-pico-fan wrote: Just ask me. Drunk equals bad. >:(

It is bad. I always did things I regretted, which is 10% of the reason why I stopped.

Gorillazrock
Gorillazrock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 11:10:09 Reply

At 3/29/08 05:17 PM, CTM222 wrote:
Well, firstly take your friend Alex into account. Taken women are a no go. You cant set out to break up a relationship (how would you like it if someone did it to you).

Damn, this reminds me of a problem that happened about 3 months ago where someone had to choose between a friend and a girl. Anyway, it kinda depends on how Alex views your relationship with her (now he's roped into this).

I had a situation similar to this about 2 years ago. I started going out with a girl, but i kinda knew that she liked this other guy (even though he didn't give much attention to her). I made efforts, but i kinda knew that she was going to go with him eventually.

If you think that Alex kinda knows that she likes you, then this is THE ONLY EXCEPTION to the "no taken women" rule. He knew when he started out that if you two had a chance to hook up, you probably would.

Also, what ya guys think of the new sig? (promoting my podcast...)

Relationship Crew
NG Radio podcast Club
Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 11:45:59 Reply

At 3/30/08 08:07 AM, CTM222 wrote:
At 3/30/08 05:43 AM, Vincoid wrote: CTM: great advice overall ;)
Thank you very much :) Its a shame you dont post here so often now..

I know, but I've been quite busy with animating lately. That wouldn't keep me from posting but I'm mainly animating on paper now so I'm not that much on my comp anymore.
I think I'll post more often again in a week or so.

Great to see you're doing better lately B-L ;)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 16:20:59 Reply

At 3/31/08 11:45 AM, Vincoid wrote: I know, but I've been quite busy with animating lately. That wouldn't keep me from posting but I'm mainly animating on paper now so I'm not that much on my comp anymore.
I think I'll post more often again in a week or so.

Ahh ok :)

Good luck with the animating and see you on here soon!

BBS Signature
CoryLehan
CoryLehan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-31 20:22:43 Reply

At 3/31/08 11:10 AM, Gorillazrock wrote: Also, what ya guys think of the new sig? (promoting my podcast...)

Awesome!

Also, I didn't think it was possible for someone to not play Megaman...
Really weird.

Got relationship questions or problems? Ask the Relationship Crew.

BBS Signature