At 3/21/08 05:06 AM, dreaming-loudly wrote:
At 3/21/08 04:56 AM, Skat0r wrote:
I'm not IN a relationship, but anyways...Just try and talk to her like you would to anyone else , try practicing in the mirror or try psyching yourself up before you see her at school/work/uni/ etc . Don't rehearse it too much but just to the point where you feel confident . I can't word it very well but this article and many more on that site can really help you
There is this girl in my school, that I have a class with.
She's nice and all, and...I like her.
But the thing is, I get nervous whenever I talk to her.
I want to get to know her better, but it's kind of hard because when we talk I get excited,
and then I have shorter breath, and stuff.
Taking deep breaths isn't helping much.
I was thinking if there are ways to make myself more confident.
Can anybody help me there?
Trust me man, most of the stuff on that site sucks. Some things there are correct, but there are too many things that are the exact opposite of what you should do. Not to mention that the ones that are correct don't really help anyway since there's hardly any explanation.
Seriously, I'll just show you some of these things:
- It's all about confidence! Maintain the attitude that she is lucky that you like her and if she doesn't see that there are plenty of girls that will. If you are not that confident or too shy, you should work on this dilemma.
He starts off right, though he gives no solution at all as to solve your insecurities.
- Say her eyes, hair is beautiful, but don't use a pick up line. The eyes are the most effective.
Dude what? Never compliment a girl on her physical appearance untill you're in a relationship with her. It's ok to compliment a girl on anything else, as long as you don't say it only to get something in return. Only say it when you really mean it and it's something that you find attracting about her.
- Whatever you do don't look at her breasts while talking to her, just don't look at them at all. Try to look at her straight in the eye and no where below the neck.
I agree on this. Though not always. You'll find that some girls/women walk/dress in some kind of way that really makes you notice their breasts. In those cases, I'd just watch. And if she'd ask what I'm watching at, I'd have to be brutally honest :P
- Tell them that you like talking to them. This makes them happy, and if they say the same thing to you, you're "in"!
What a dipshit. You're "in", that's the most retarded thing ever. This guy really needs to learn stuff about girls.
- Hint: NEVER say to a girl that she is hot,it might make her very uncomfortable, say she is pretty instead.
Partially agree. Instead of saying she's pretty, say she thinks you're hot and she wants you.
- Never ask a girl for her number until she is ready to give it to you.
And how do you know when she's ready? Is she going to say to you that she's ready, or will she hold up a sign? What a dipshit, again. Ask a girl for her number after you've talked to her for a few minutes and you'd like to talk to her again. It's as simple as that.
I think that's enough for now since I could probably go on for ages about how far off this stuff is.
As for your confidence issues Skat0r, you have to keep in mind that it's not a big deal. There are millions of women on this planet, and not getting what you want from this girl doesn't mean the end of the world.
You should read my post at the bottom of THIS page. If you've got any questions or issues after that, just ask.