00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,010,888 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-08 03:03:26

Man, I havent played brawl in so long. It's too bad the online is so shitty.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-09 04:48:27

Harry Potter.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-09 07:20:23

At 12/9/10 04:48 AM, verycoolguy wrote: Harry Potter.

Hell no! lol

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-11 22:45:11

Went to a Barlw tourney for the first time in a year...I let a friend talk me into it. Weren't that many ppl and the best guy there was this good ass Fox player. I got 1st and won $42 despite using a classic controller pro I've had for like a week and still getting used to. Went straight Diddy except for one Luigi match in grand finals

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-11 23:11:10

At 12/11/10 10:45 PM, DeadManWalking wrote: Went to a Barlw tourney for the first time in a year...I let a friend talk me into it. Weren't that many ppl and the best guy there was this good ass Fox player.

You should've used Harry Potter.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2010-12-13 07:35:22

At 12/11/10 11:11 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 12/11/10 10:45 PM, DeadManWalking wrote: Went to a Barlw tourney for the first time in a year...I let a friend talk me into it. Weren't that many ppl and the best guy there was this good ass Fox player.
You should've used Harry Potter.

One guy counterpicked me with Master Chief. No joke.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-03 15:11:20

I'm sooo posting here.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-06 02:09:42

Oh my god every time I go back to this thread, so much nostalgia. I have Ramun on Steam though (I see you too cannot resist cheap indie games), as well as one more person, though I don't know exactly who it is. The rest of you should let me know if you have a steam account. I'm usually either Mattax or Mattnumbers, but my account name is Matt2358.

You know, it's almost been as long as the time between Melee's release and the announcement of Brawl.........

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-06 18:10:46

Goku and Superman should be in SSB4. There should be Soul Calibur characters in there too. I think Spongebob Squarepants should be in the game too. Krystal should be in the game and they should take out Falco. Sakurai should put himself in the game. A bunch of Disney characters like Scrooge McDuck and Chip & Dale should be in it. They should also put King Leonidas and his whole army of 300 Spartans in it. SSB4 must also have Chad Warden, because he knows how to fight with no deal-dough. Darth Vader makes an appropriate entrance in SSB4. A bunch of 4chan memes should be in it too. My sophomore year English teacher should be in the game too. Her final smash would be Class Detention.

Discuss.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-06 18:42:04

I think vcg should write a letter to Nintendo, if I were them I'd hire him on the spot.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-06 22:16:17

At 1/6/11 06:10 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Sakurai should put himself in the game.

Out of all those possibilities, this is probably the most likely.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-07 01:11:16

Is there any confirmation for any SSB4 coming up? Like, did anone say Nintendo was really planning on making a sequel?
I wish they did, adding more characters would be really nice!
You guys imagine Ryu and Ken in that game?
SSB4 would kick some fine ass if there is going to be any...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-07 12:20:59

At 1/6/11 02:09 AM, Matt2358 wrote: Oh my god every time I go back to this thread, so much nostalgia. I have Ramun on Steam though (I see you too cannot resist cheap indie games), as well as one more person, though I don't know exactly who it is. The rest of you should let me know if you have a steam account. I'm usually either Mattax or Mattnumbers, but my account name is Matt2358.

You know, it's almost been as long as the time between Melee's release and the announcement of Brawl.........

Same here, lot's of memories. Yeah, I'm a sucker for cheap games. On another note:

I think the future of SSB is to have more people per match(more than 4) and have DLC characters. Street Fighter is doing this, and I think it's the best way to motivate the company to make more characters. This is of course for the next console SSB, which will have to be on a new Nintendo system.

My prediction for the Next SSB is that it will be on the 3DS. The hardware on that thing could probably handle it. It won't trump brawl, but it should be a fun hand-held.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-07 14:58:41

I think the SSB Series rakes in too much money for Nintendo not to make another one, whether Sakarai will make it is questionable though as he said he wasn't going to make another and he didn't even plan on making Brawl. Then again game developers change their mind on shit like this all the time, so who knows.

Personally I'd rather he doesn't make it, although I won't be sad if he does I guess, he did a really good job on Melee.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-09 01:12:41

At 1/7/11 08:26 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I never owned Super Smash Brothers Original only played it once aren't there only 12 characters in it?

Yep. Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Samus, Fox, and Pikachu were the first eight that you started out with and you could unlock Ness, Captain Falcon, Jiggly Puff, and Luigi by doing certain things with the single player campaign and the "Break the targets" challenges.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-09 03:38:07

Sakurai should also put in a ton of Pokemon, like Gengar, Tyranitar, Infernape, Machamp, Dragonite, Heracross, Scizor, Garchomp, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Dodrio, Honchkrow, Rhydon, Arcanine, Toxicroak, Alakazam, Azumarill, Blastoise, Electivire, Empoleon, Exeggutor, Magmortar, Marowak, Persian, Poliwrath, Primeape, Kabutops, Rampardos, Raticate, Roserade, Slaking, Slowbro, Slowking, Steelix, Swampert, Ursaring, Weavile, Xatu, and Zangoose.
I'd like to see Woody and Buzz in SSB4 too. I think some wrestlers can be okay, like Hulk Hogan, the Giant, the Undertaker, etc. He should also put in the entire rosters of BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and the Street Fighter games. Dora the Explorer and Boots should be playable, as well as many characters from Sesame Street, like Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, Elmo, Katy Perry, the Count, Linda the mute woman, and Mr. Snuffelupagus. Justin Bieber should be in the game to show that Sakurai is the master troll. I think Niko Bellic and John Marston should be in it. Ronald McDonald, the Colonel, Wendy, and the Hamburglar make good fighters. John Stewart and Stephen Colbert should represent Comedy Central in the game. All superheroes from Marvel and DC comics should be in it. Sakurai should also make "dark" versions of every character.
Would anyone else think it would be a good idea to put in religious figures? like Jesus Christ and Buddha?
In case we might not be satisfied enough, Sakurai should top it off with a feature to create custom characters.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-09 21:06:46

Ness was the last one you unlocked iirc, although he didn't have to be, he was just the hardest. The other one was either Luigi or Captain Falcon because Jigglypuff was really easy to unlock.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-10 06:56:10

I would really enjoy it if Shadow Mario and Krystal were put into this game.
I just really hope Nintendo isn't dropping SSB. They said it might be a possibility.

Thank you. And good-bye.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-15 18:44:53

So like, after a long time being dead here in the threads, I'll try to come back. We should all seriously visit the chat and do our little tournaments. Yeah?

Dark Souls consumed my life.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-16 20:22:00

Yes let's do that.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-16 21:30:10

Yes, we have a chat.
http://xat.com/ssbc_ng

This chat is the reason why this thread does not have +1500 pages.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-16 23:29:00

If they make another SSB then their top priority should be online matchmaking that doesn't suck. No damn friend codes, better servers, and more With Anyone options than just 2 minute FFAs.
Oh and tripping needs to go.
I swear if another SSB comes out and they leave in tripping I'd be half-tempted to boycott it.
Problem is they keep trying to turn SSB and even Mario Kart into more subtle versions of Mario Party with all the luck factors that do more to enrage than entertain.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-17 00:10:20

They should also remove infinite airdodges. Put some hitstun back in, and a cooler looking menu like the ones in 64 and Melee. All those characters I mentioned in the page before wouldn't hurt.
It should also have PS4 graphics since it should be released in the next generation of consoles. They should make the hitboxes perfectly accurate. They should also have a real arcade adventure mode, like the one in Melee, not that boring and bland and repetitive Subspace with a plot that matches a low rate fanfiction. They should also nerf the items and stage hazards...

I don't think Snake will return to SSB4, but Sonic still has a good chance of staying.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-01-26 06:19:02

OMFG IT'S SONIC!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-02-02 13:56:24

I want them to fix CF and fix Falco's Dtilt and reflector (make it into a shine) and I'll be happy.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-03-01 15:39:12

I'm going to necro-post in this.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-03-01 20:11:49

At 2/2/11 01:56 PM, EnjoiLove wrote: I want them to fix CF

Only way to do that is to add hitstun to the game.

and fix Falco's Dtilt and reflector (make it into a shine) and I'll be happy.

That won't happen. Sakurai changed it for the sake of reducing clones.

They need an adventure mode like the one in Melee. If they make the items less broken and the stage hazards less ridiculous, then casual play would at least be playable.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-03-09 15:20:19

Three years of Brawl?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-03-23 21:09:13

I wish I had more time for this thread, but I'll see if I can come back more often.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-03-25 04:09:33

K you fuckers.

This Sunday. We're all meeting. We are going to meet at my time since I said so. 12p.m. West Coast time. I'm going to host a tourney for the sake of LOL. I have Tio so it should be fun. We'll do double elimination. Winner will have the biggest penis in the crew and is the most try hard in wifi. Oh K? K.