New Topic Respond to this Topic
AzureEric
AzureEric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 01:41 PM Reply

Opps! I'm so used to having to use the URL tags on AiB that I forgot I don't need them for newgrounds. Anyways, the links still work, so if I can't help you, I'm sure somebody can.

Truth
Truth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 3/3/09 09:10 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Where have you been my man? We've had... 4?5? tournies in the past? they've all quite competitive wifi. It's a shame, but it could be for the better.

The last tourney was fun for the most part besides the minor lag issue we had. and It's too bad we could never meet up on the same time for the team tourney.

Unfourtenetly we have some people here who take tournaments way too seriously, like its matter of Life or Death. Amazing how it's the same people who always talk about how much they've participated and appreciated other tournies, but it just so happens that the one they participate in this club is the one they find a deep revulsion for.

And then there's the complaining over the tournament rules... surprisingly this only happens after they've been eliminated.

not naming names
mrbobbyjoe
mrbobbyjoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 01:20 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Can Snake actually pick his own box up? I thought it was completely scripted, so it just disappeared when he got up if someone didn't pick it up off him.

If it is a viable strategy, then it would be pretty neat.

Supposedly, the player can choose when Snake removes the box. You can either let him sit there for the entire duration of the taunt, or you can end the taunt (pick the box up) early by pressing the taunt button again. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read that somewhere, so it might also help with the gimping.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Snake's box outprioritizes every recovery move that hits upward. How long does the box stay though? Does it only disappear when the box goes below the blast line, or does it vanish after a set amount of time like some projectiles?

Truth
Truth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 02:44 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote:
At 3/4/09 01:20 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Can Snake actually pick his own box up?
Supposedly, the player can choose when Snake removes the box.

Yes you can end the taunt early.

Here's another way to use the Box as a weapon. (Although the box doesn't do any damage here, and your opponent has to have an IQ of a rock to fall for this):

1. Place landmine while opponent is distracted.
2. Move away so that the landmine is between you and your opponent,
3. Get inside Box
4. Opponent sees his moment to strike and rushes towards you
5. *enemy steps on mine and explodes into oblivion*

Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 02:44 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: Supposedly, the player can choose when Snake removes the box. You can either let him sit there for the entire duration of the taunt, or you can end the taunt (pick the box up) early by pressing the taunt button again. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read that somewhere, so it might also help with the gimping.

Yeah, you can end it early. At least, I'm almost positive you can.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Snake's box outprioritizes every recovery move that hits upward. How long does the box stay though? Does it only disappear when the box goes below the blast line, or does it vanish after a set amount of time like some projectiles?

You mean dropping it off the edge??? I'll give it a shot today and get back to you. My brother will want to know, since he likes to use Snake.

DocSprite
DocSprite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 04:31 PM Reply

I hate the box as a taunt, because it takes up two very good taunt spots. I've never thought of it as an interception, though...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 03:44 PM, Truth wrote: Yes you can end the taunt early.

Sweet. When I get back home from Uni during Easter, I'm definitely going to have a go at this ^_^

Here's another way to use the Box as a weapon. (Although the box doesn't do any damage here, and your opponent has to have an IQ of a rock to fall for this):

1. Place landmine while opponent is distracted.
2. Move away so that the landmine is between you and your opponent,
3. Get inside Box
4. Opponent sees his moment to strike and rushes towards you
5. *enemy steps on mine and explodes into oblivion*

If you actually manage to get someone with this, I decree you have the right to immediately pause the game, and dance up and down like a madman, laughing in you opponents face consistently. You also can fart on them if you have one saved up :P.

immaturity FTW?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
DocSprite
DocSprite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM Reply

I second paradox's decree.

Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 07:02 PM, DocSprite wrote: I second paradox's decree.

I third that.

Underload
Underload
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 3/3/09 09:43 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: Hello gentlemen. I have started a project of mine called Project Box. The goal is to make Snake's Box a viable attack in Snake's metagame. The box has really high priority, so if you throw it off of the ledge while an opponent is trying to recover, they will be interrupted by the box and get gimped. Today, I PROVED that this actually works. While playing against Cool's Marth, the box his him out of his Up B and stage spiked him. What does this mean? Hopefully, a new way for Snake to comedically defeat his enemies.

I will totally help you with this, GZ. *shakes hand*

I'm not going to chat much, but I'm always going to have a tab open to this thread. I've decided it's time to bring the SSBC back to it's glory days (aka. the days before I joined!)

Peace, brahs.

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC - 5413-2791-7953

Da Smash. | Youtube Channel

BBS Signature
ikool
ikool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 3/3/09 09:43 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: Hello gentlemen. I have started a project of mine called Project Box. The goal is to make Snake's Box a viable attack in Snake's metagame. The box has really high priority, so if you throw it off of the ledge while an opponent is trying to recover, they will be interrupted by the box and get gimped. Today, I PROVED that this actually works. While playing against Cool's Marth, the box his him out of his Up B and stage spiked him. What does this mean? Hopefully, a new way for Snake to comedically defeat his enemies.

I can help too! I will be an experimental hamster to test out some techniques in battle if you wanna test em. Plus, im kinda easier to beat so pulling off your test will be easier if you wanna try it in real battle.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 02:12 PM, Truth wrote:
not naming names

Can't be me, I didn't participate in the last tourney, because I predicted the very thing that happened.

At 3/4/09 10:57 PM, Underload wrote: I'm not going to chat much, but I'm always going to have a tab open to this thread. I've decided it's time to bring the SSBC back to it's glory days (aka. the days before I joined!)

I will totally help you with this UL *shakes hand*

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 12:13 AM Reply

I'll get on it, sir. My brother wanted to have a go at some Brawl anyways, so maybe I can get some videographic evidence to follow along with it..

Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 3/5/09 12:13 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: I'll get on it, sir. My brother wanted to have a go at some Brawl anyways, so maybe I can get some videographic evidence to follow along with it..

BTW, the old encryptor page we used to have to change the .bin files is down. Do we know of any other way of converting files, (mostly video files) so we can use them somewhere???

And I'm not exactly sure what to look for when doing the box recovery thing, but I noticed it stopped a couple people, but it didn't stop others.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 3/5/09 12:48 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: BTW, the old encryptor page we used to have to change the .bin files is down. Do we know of any other way of converting files, (mostly video files) so we can use them somewhere???

I didn't think there was a converter for the Brawl video files, since the way Brawl saves them isn't actually video, but is similar to how Vector graphics programs save images- as a series of actions that the characters do that are then decoded by Brawl into (what seems like) video.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 3/5/09 02:49 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: I didn't think there was a converter for the Brawl video files, since the way Brawl saves them isn't actually video, but is similar to how Vector graphics programs save images- as a series of actions that the characters do that are then decoded by Brawl into (what seems like) video.

Oh...umm....okay then.
Well then how do all the people on Youtube get their videos up there?

I've found one of the best uses for the box drop is against Snake's Up-B recovery. It practically stops you in your tracks if the box falls on you.

kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 03:19 AM Reply

At 3/4/09 10:57 PM, Underload wrote:
I'm not going to chat much, but I'm always going to have a tab open to this thread. I've decided it's time to bring the SSBC back to it's glory days (aka. the days before I joined!)

Peace, brahs.

Oh boy. Accusing me of killing the thread with my chat. then making forums on the aib group. You weren't even there during the "glory days" or whatever you want to refer to them as.

@Rocker: you get a capture card, gamebridge, or video camera. It's the only way.

I think the box can work really well on tether recoveries. But they're easy to gimp in the first place.

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 08:56 AM Reply

I just connected my wii to wifi! Played a few games with jab. Really laggy, but I think it's possible to play some aussies or japs. So, what do ya say Karl? Get on chat? Let's have some matches!

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
AzureEric
AzureEric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 10:14 AM Reply

Well, the box has no effect against Toon Link, he can shoot a projectile at it, and even if he does get hit by it, he can still recover.

Truth
Truth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 11:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
not naming names
Can't be me,

I wasn't referring to you,
Although you did manage to bring that 10-page Drama-Queen Saga into the crew. I'm not entirely sure what started it all... something about landmines, metrosexuals and/or spamming. All I know is that I must have somehow beaten you in dramatic fashion causing the episode to come to an end.

good times, good times
Nikenick
Nikenick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 08:56 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I just connected my wii to wifi! Played a few games with jab. Really laggy, but I think it's possible to play some aussies or japs. So, what do ya say Karl? Get on chat? Let's have some matches!

You probably wont have THAT much lag with me, I think that Europe is a bit closer to Indonesia then America.

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..
Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638
Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature
Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 12:23 PM, Truth wrote: I wasn't referring to you,
Although you did manage to bring that 10-page Drama-Queen Saga into the crew. I'm not entirely sure what started it all... something about landmines, metrosexuals and/or spamming. All I know is that I must have somehow beaten you in dramatic fashion causing the episode to come to an end.

10-page-Drama-Queen Saga??? What did I miss while I was gone??

Yeah, I've noticed a couple of people whose recoveries aren't affected by the box.
I don't have any special equipment, and the screen on my camera is broken, so maybe I'll see if I can use my laptop cam to record some (hopefully decent) quality.

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 12:48 PM, Nikenick wrote:
At 3/5/09 08:56 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
You probably wont have THAT much lag with me, I think that Europe is a bit closer to Indonesia then America.

My crude map begs to differ.

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

hey

BBS Signature
Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 02:20 PM Reply

Anybody on America's West Coast that would like to fight? I'd probably get less lag that way, haha

Guitardude
Guitardude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 01:42 PM, Crink wrote:
At 3/5/09 12:48 PM, Nikenick wrote:
At 3/5/09 08:56 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
My crude map begs to differ.

I love crink.

At 3/5/09 02:20 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: Anybody on America's West Coast that would like to fight? I'd probably get less lag that way, haha

I'm down, just hit me up in the chat when you wanna play.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature
mrbobbyjoe
mrbobbyjoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 10:14 AM, AzureEric wrote: Well, the box has no effect against Toon Link, he can shoot a projectile at it,

Not true. The box blocks projectiles (I think), then bounces back downward. Besides, TL has no projectiles that he can shoot upwards, except his bomb if he can possibly pull one out in time.

and even if he does get hit by it, he can still recover.

Again, this wouldn't work. You'd just continuously recover INTO the box, which stops you and knocks you downward. And from what I've heard so far, the box won't disappear until it goes below the blast line (KO area), so you're either going to get dragged down with it or recover away from the box AND the stage. It's especially effective on TL's recovery, since it's one of those recoveries that have "blind spots" from above.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 12:23 PM, Truth wrote:
At 3/4/09 11:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
not naming names
Can't be me,
I wasn't referring to you,

You think?

Although you did manage to bring that 10-page Drama-Queen Saga into the crew.

I wasn't alone in it, although I supplied an ounce of gas, Underload actually lit the fire, and over a misunderstanding no less.
When you're attacked, you get defensive.
Not entirely my fault, you even contributed.

I'm not entirely sure what started it all... something about landmines, metrosexuals and/or spamming.

It started with my rant on spam, which in hindsight--considering that other rants on spam has emerged since then--is justified.

All I know is that I must have somehow beaten you in dramatic fashion causing the episode to come to an end.

Old man Truth and his stories.
Quite ironic how your name is Truth and what you said is a complete lie.
Get your old skill back so I can crush you with no johns.

good times, good times

Keep Dreaming Captain.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Underload
Underload
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 5th, 2009 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 3/5/09 03:19 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 3/4/09 10:57 PM, Underload wrote:
SSBC back to it's glory days (aka. the days before I joined!)
You weren't even there during the "glory days" or whatever you want to refer to them as.

lollackofreadingbyanasianisthatevenpossi ble?

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC - 5413-2791-7953

Da Smash. | Youtube Channel

BBS Signature
PurplePirate33
PurplePirate33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 12:07 AM Reply

Can I join this?

AzureEric
AzureEric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 3/6/09 12:07 AM, PurplePirate33 wrote: Can I join this?

lol, butt pirate :p

But I'm an Azure(Blue) Rogue which is also a form of pirate :b