00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,001,169 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 17:21:06

At 11/3/08 05:11 PM, Crink wrote: But Crink shall still partake in the tourney.

be Poke Trainer.... HE'S 3 people in 1!

Loogiesquared's Tetris-Loving Alt.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 17:33:59

Re:Super Secret Advice

At 11/3/08 5:28 PM, Truth wrote:
At 11/3/08 5:20 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Spill it.
What's this super secret advice?
try really hard

Bull-fucking-shit.
I'm out.
My naivety caused me to be duped badly.
But could it have been helped? With a name like Truth, what else to do but trust him?
I'm out, again. No Skye for the Nov. Tourney.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 19:19:58

Now hold on a second knux, that advice is golden!
I do have other advice to give you that I guarantee will help you make it into the second round. But I can't promise you that you'll win 1st place in the tournament, unless you take my first advice at heart.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 19:29:58

I already try really hard.
Thats like saying the secret to doing perfect math is 2 plus 2 equals 4.
Dispite the fact that you're doing trig.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 19:35:53

At 11/3/08 07:29 PM, knuxrouge wrote: I already try really hard.
Thats like saying the secret to doing perfect math is 2 plus 2 equals 4.
Dispite the fact that you're doing trig.

Ok, i got another idea.
tell me all the people currently in the tourney who you can never win against

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 19:47:10

Cool and GZ.
Namely Cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 20:34:06

Why's it seem like everyone has a ton of trouble with cool now? I remember that during the summer, at least a couple of people here could (at least somewhat) evenly match him, but now it seems like he's dominating the entire crew, no questions asked. What the hell happened to make him so good/everyone else so bad?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 20:35:00

At 11/3/08 07:47 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Cool and GZ.
Namely Cool.

Only 2 people? Since we start the tournament with a round robin and then move on to an elimination round, there is a possibly you might not play them. Meaning someone else has to knock them out of the tourney first.
ill knock out cool, you knock out Gra- uhh I mean Crink, yeah just knock out Crink

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 20:36:43

At 11/3/08 08:34 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: Why's it seem like everyone has a ton of trouble with cool now? I remember that during the summer, at least a couple of people here could (at least somewhat) evenly match him, but now it seems like he's dominating the entire crew, no questions asked. What the hell happened to make him so good/everyone else so bad?

Me too. People COULD take him on. I wasn't too far from him in our summer tourney matches. I actually surprised myself with how close I was.

Now he's too good. He needs to take a couple weeks off the game. It's bloody murder.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 20:47:11

Guys... Underload and Crink mainly.

no main=no pain. You don't HAVE to have a main. That leaves to more unpredictableness, if you know what I mean. Just chill.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 21:04:31

What the hell guys?
Can't let is go?
Didn't know that I'm that much loved. Seriously.
Fuck...

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 21:10:56

At 11/3/08 08:36 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Now he's too good. He needs to take a couple weeks off the game. It's bloody murder.

I'm hoping to knock out cool in the elimination round. I don't know his weakness, and he probably knows mine, but I'm still hoping!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 21:46:19

I'm in, but dammit I don't like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 21:50:58

At 11/3/08 09:46 PM, knuxrouge wrote: I'm in, but dammit I don't like it.

YAY!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 21:52:04

At 11/3/08 09:50 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 11/3/08 09:46 PM, knuxrouge wrote: I'm in, but dammit I don't like it.
YAY!!

*stands up clapping*

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:07:36

At 11/3/08 07:47 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Cool and GZ.
Namely Cool.

I've got an idea... just as they're about to pwn you... PULL OUT THEIR CONTROLLER!! Mwahah-- oh yeah that's right, wireless and online... well I got nuthin'

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:11:04

At 11/3/08 10:07 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: I've got an idea... just as they're about to pwn you... PULL OUT THEIR CONTROLLER!! Mwahah-- oh yeah that's right, wireless and online... well I got nuthin'

Not funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:27:00

At 11/3/08 10:11 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Not funny.

Come on Knux, lighten up a bit! It's only a friendly tournament anyway, so there's nothing to lose here, and if you do get beaten, you can always learn from it. Yesterday, even though I got beaten into seven shades of shit by you and AzN, it was still fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:37:21

At 11/3/08 04:05 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Exactly. At one point I considered Grade-Zero and Cool equals, if not GZ better than cool. But cool keeps getting better.

He beats up everyone with their own main, he gets better and better. While we, are getting better too yes, but Cool is getting more and more out of our league.

It's not that I can't beat him, it's just that I can't win at tourneys. I won't say I'm about his equal, but as I use more characters, I feel myself improve. I am keeping up with him in my own way by using many characters, instead of mastering just one, because for some reason, after playing Brawl with Ike for a while, I reach a stagnation point where I can't improve with Ike...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:52:40

At 11/3/08 10:37 PM, Grade-Zero wrote:
At 11/3/08 04:05 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Exactly. At one point I considered Grade-Zero and Cool equals, if not GZ better than cool. But cool keeps getting better.

He beats up everyone with their own main, he gets better and better. While we, are getting better too yes, but Cool is getting more and more out of our league.
It's not that I can't beat him, it's just that I can't win at tourneys. I won't say I'm about his equal, but as I use more characters, I feel myself improve. I am keeping up with him in my own way by using many characters, instead of mastering just one, because for some reason, after playing Brawl with Ike for a while, I reach a stagnation point where I can't improve with Ike...

Never said you couldn't beat him. Although I do think he beat you worse this summer tourney than the last. But it was 5 out of 7, not out of 3 or whatever.

Cool can use many characters.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 22:55:28

At 11/3/08 10:52 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Never said you couldn't beat him. Although I do think he beat you worse this summer tourney than the last. But it was 5 out of 7, not out of 3 or whatever.

Cool can use many characters.

He used Falco against my Ike. Falco vs. Ike is rape, especially when the person playing Ike rarely beats even mediocre Falcos with Ikes. However, I have also mastered more characters to increase my odds of winning. I even managed to beat his Falco two weeks ago. (Not with Ike, of course.)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:11:55

At 11/3/08 10:55 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: He used Falco against my Ike. Falco vs. Ike is rape,

Well, it's still not as bad as Falco vs Link matchup. I've managed to chaingrab Link right to the edge of Smashville, spike and edgegrab in one combo, without getting hit ONCE... so, at least with Ike you have a slightly better chance- just don't get grabbed.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:15:35

At 11/3/08 11:11 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 11/3/08 10:55 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: He used Falco against my Ike. Falco vs. Ike is rape,
Well, it's still not as bad as Falco vs Link matchup. I've managed to chaingrab Link right to the edge of Smashville, spike and edgegrab in one combo, without getting hit ONCE... so, at least with Ike you have a slightly better chance- just don't get grabbed.

It's still pretty bad, though. Plus, saying don't get grabbed by Falco is like saying don't get hit by MK's Dsmash.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:17:48

At 11/3/08 11:15 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: It's still pretty bad, though. Plus, saying don't get grabbed by Falco is like saying don't get hit by MK's Dsmash.

Fair point. The only one I really have trouble against as Falco is Meta-Knight (doesn't everyone?) and Fox.
The only danger with Fox is that it's bloody easy to chaingrab him too, just it's harder to spike him effectively, and he's much faster than Falco, plus his reflector can reflect blaster shots.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:28:59

In speaking of Fox, I really need to train more with him. Its like Fox has some reall awesomeness hidden in, but I can't get to it.
It comes out from time to time, with amazing results, but I can't harness it at will.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:29:48

At 11/3/08 11:17 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Fair point. The only one I really have trouble against as Falco is Meta-Knight (doesn't everyone?) and Fox.
The only danger with Fox is that it's bloody easy to chaingrab him too, just it's harder to spike him effectively, and he's much faster than Falco, plus his reflector can reflect blaster shots.

I use Marth, Mario, Wario, and Kirby against Falco because they can actually get out of the chaingrab fairly easily, and I'm good with them. And am I the only person that doesn't have any problems with MK?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:43:48

I'd like to join this tourney as well if it hasn't started. My friend code is currently on my blog, and I do hope to find some one as good as me.

Seriously, I need a guy I can train on and get better from.

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:46:09

Oh, and sorry for double posting, but dont try contacting me on Newgrounds, hardly ever on the computer lol. Though I will try to check on it once or twice.

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-03 23:46:19

At 11/3/08 11:43 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: I'd like to join this tourney as well if it hasn't started. My friend code is currently on my blog,

Hey, I got an Idea, why don't you post it here!

and I do hope to find some one as good as me.

You'll get that and more.

Seriously, I need a guy I can train on and get better from.

Welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-11-04 01:22:15

At 11/3/08 11:29 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: I use Marth, Mario, Wario, and Kirby against Falco because they can actually get out of the chaingrab fairly easily, and I'm good with them. And am I the only person that doesn't have any problems with MK?

They are good counters actually, and Mario can gimp Falco's recoveries really easily with the cape... the number of times CPU Mario's have gotten me like that... >:(
And as for MK... yeah, you probably are. Though I think Ike has a better time against him than most, providing you can space yourself well.

BBS Signature