New Topic Respond to this Topic
Wiihead
Wiihead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 02:14:47 Reply

You know what be awkward if Capt. Olimar's smash would be better than half of the characters, that s just a hyptohesis. But I doubt that could ever happen.....or could it.

Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 02:22:58 Reply

At 1/9/08 05:30 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: If you are thinking that OLIMAR will be a clone of POKEMON TRAINER, you are either trolling, or a total idiot...

I don't mean like a TOTAL clones, like Cpt. Falcon/Ganon, just in how they use other people as their attacks.

At 1/9/08 08:16 PM, Loney03DK wrote: and the Pikmin ruin his coolness. >:( )

What coolness? Haha. XP

Final vote: Olimar as a char.
Good idea: 0
Bad idea: 1

Hmm, Snake's Final Smash. That's kinda interesting, nothing to complain about there. That sounds like fun throwing grenades everywhere. I'm enjoying how they're starting to think out of the box dimensional-wise. With this, and the Nintnedog blocking the way, it's cool to see what they're doing.

Reaperyami
Reaperyami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 07:03:22 Reply

Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Ha, snake's final smash looks awsome, I'm so doing my Arnold impression when my friends are around! Also Snake's Final smash on my Birthday FTW!!!

Get to the Choppa!!!
Loney03DK
Loney03DK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 07:43:18 Reply

At 1/9/08 08:22 PM, Matt2358 wrote:
At 1/9/08 08:16 PM, Loney03DK wrote:
Speaking of Up B's, what do you figure Olimar's will be? (I am never calling him "Pikmin & Olima-"... I almost said it... anyway I'm never calling him "P&O" because his rightfull name is Captain Olimar, and the Pikmin ruin his coolness. >:( )
What could he possible do for all his attacks without Pikmen? That would take away the point of even having him in brawl! Olimar without Pikmin is just a random guy in a spacesuit. By the way, I doubt that his name will be Pikmin and Olimar, I think that he was just describing what the character was. It will probably be shortened to Olimar.

LOL, I meant how the Pikmin follow him around. If he could do all his moves by plucking them out first.... hmm that'd be laggy... wait a second now that I think about it, it's not that gay after all. :D I like Captain Olimar now.

I also like Sanke's FS! I wonder if you'll be able to point if you're using the Wiimote and Nunchuck...

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 08:00:37 Reply

Finally, Snake's final smash, not bad.
I wanted to know for the longest time.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Zieker17
Zieker17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:41:01 Reply

At 1/9/08 08:19 PM, Machop90 wrote: I wonder what Captain Olimar's Final Smash will be?

My top choices would be...

1- A rain of pikpik carrots, (cuz "pikmin" are grown and pulled from the ground) fall from the sky and do like 125%-150% damage to everyone on the map cept Olimar.

2- One of those ostrich necked bird's comes center stage and nips in random directions, knocking out anyone who gets bit.

3- THe most realistic... Olimar call's his ship from space, and as it comes down, it begins to break apart and all the pieces of his ship crash onto the field causing damage and knocking players out.

That or he summons like 400 pikmin to embed all the players and beat the crap out of them with thier leaf-headed fury.

Gamertag on XBL- Darth Erasn
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code- 2921-8748-0710
Just message me if you add me to either and i'll get back to ya ^^

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:42:29 Reply

It said Olimar need the Pikmins to do his final smash, so it mist be entirely related to them...

Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:54:01 Reply

Snake FS.......impressive,

Captain Olimar announced as character......shocking,

Look on peoples faces when CO was announced.......Priceless XD

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
greyshadowskyknight
greyshadowskyknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 13:26:54 Reply

about time snake rains some pain!
teach all those punk smash noobs a lesson!
or some crazy vet goes...crazy!

Lloyd Irving: Anata no ketsu wa kusa da oyobi ore wa shibakariki da!

(Your ass is grass, and I'm the lawnmower!)

AlexJS
AlexJS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 15:32:29 Reply

At 1/10/08 02:26 PM, Grammer wrote: I'm worried that it might be possible for Olimar to lose his Pikmin, making him vulnerable. If so, I would certainly hope it would be difficult to separate them, unlike the Ice Climbers who I make a sport out of separating.

It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background, so I'd say you can attack them to get rid of them, unless Olimar has some decent strong standard attacks. I'd say there's a way to lose them, since you'll probably only be allowed 5, but unless we have more info on Olimar's specific attacks, it's hard to say what's what.

Anyway, Snake's Final Smash might be a wee bit broken. That depends on the attack power, knockback, and blast radius of the grenades. I think it'd be good if they KO at about, what? 80%?

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member
PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature
AlexJS
AlexJS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 15:56:11 Reply

At 1/10/08 03:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background....

Wait, Corneria has no background, so where will Pokemon Trainer stand?

BBS Signature
Loney03DK
Loney03DK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:08:33 Reply

At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 1/10/08 03:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background....

I'm thinking on the Ship, still, but a few steps back...

And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

AlexJS
AlexJS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:18:32 Reply

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote:
At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote: Wait, Corneria has no background, so where will Pokemon Trainer stand?
I'm thinking on the Ship, still, but a few steps back...

That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.

And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

Does this mean 2 Final Smashes? I don't think Shiek would use Light Arrows. Speaking of which, Light Arrows don't sound all that effective.

BBS Signature
StickReaper
StickReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:41:55 Reply

I always thought that Snake's FS would be some sort of airstrike. I guess I was almost right.

I had a signature once, but it bit me and ran away.

Sparkpro
Sparkpro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:56:28 Reply

At 1/10/08 04:18 PM, AlexJS wrote: That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.

In one of the pictures of Brinstar Pokemon Trainer can be seen on a platform in the background, so I guess he will have custom platforms for certain levels.

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

Rocker23220
Rocker23220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 17:45:55 Reply

At 1/10/08 04:56 PM, Sparkpro wrote:
At 1/10/08 04:18 PM, AlexJS wrote: That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.
In one of the pictures of Brinstar Pokemon Trainer can be seen on a platform in the background, so I guess he will have custom platforms for certain levels.

Hahaha, I've got it. He's gonna be jumping from one roof to the next, like a super ninja. XP

At 1/10/08 07:03 AM, Reaperyami wrote: Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Ha, snake's final smash looks awsome, I'm so doing my Arnold impression when my friends are around! Also Snake's Final smash on my Birthday FTW!!!
Get to the Choppa!!!

Haha. Nice.

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

Sweet. So she WILL be a transformation of Zelda. Well, it appears, in that case, that Zelda has the same exact moveset. Light arrows...I wonder how they're gonna fit that in. Lotus is gonna freak when he sees this. I wonder how Sheik is gonna look.

shadowchicken
shadowchicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 18:33:29 Reply

ok dont be mad at me for asking but what do u think blaze from sonic rush was in brawl and what do u think her moove set would be cause i only got one idea for a move Forward+B=flame rush

GT: Kernel Hefty

Matt2358
Matt2358
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 18:49:38 Reply

At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote:

Thats what I was thinking when they announce frigate Orpheon. what does he do when it flips?

I actually think it looks kinda underpowered. couldn't you just go to the left of the screen were he cant see? and it would suck on big stages.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544
Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:39:45 Reply

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: Brawl Central

Snake and Sonic Officially Confirmed as Hidden Characters

...Dammit

Matt2358
Matt2358
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:42:01 Reply

At 1/10/08 07:39 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: Brawl Central
Snake and Sonic Officially Confirmed as Hidden Characters

...Dammit

I was pretty sure they were going to be secret anyways. Its kinda obvious since you saw Mario meet up with sonic.

verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:44:31 Reply

At 1/10/08 07:42 PM, Matt2358 wrote: I was pretty sure they were going to be secret anyways. Its kinda obvious since you saw Mario meet up with sonic.

It sucks because Sakurai is revealing the secrets of the game before it even comes out. It just wouldn't be as special if we unlock them.

pvt-blasto
pvt-blasto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:46:05 Reply

hey, i wanted to share something with everyone, sort of a nice little gifty to make everyone look forward even more to the next super smash bros. game...

heres the good news, im taking requests!

i want to see the character that everyone would like to be drawn in ink style...

also, im not just copying the main picture of the characters from the super smash bros. site... i will be using un-obvious but neat poses for each character... i hope to eventually do them all, but for now, what char should i do next???

ps: i did olimar first obviously because he was just announced, and also because hes my favorite :3

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

BBS Signature
Loney03DK
Loney03DK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:51:09 Reply

At 1/10/08 07:46 PM, pvt-blasto wrote: heres the good news, im taking requests!
i hope to eventually do them all, but for now, what char should i do next???

Here's a challenge: do a Mii. XD Or Tom Nook. ;)

Wiihead
Wiihead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 21:39:31 Reply

I'm so ready to brawl it's me killing me to wait any longer til it releases!!!!!

Matt2358
Matt2358
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 23:46:29 Reply

I'm not gonna be here from the time it releases in japan until I get or accidentally know all of the characters.

Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:30:58 Reply

Olimar and his pikmin are a very interesting addition but I think as a character he's simply too randomized to be consistently good : /

BBS Signature
Dark-Heart
Dark-Heart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:32:51 Reply

After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.

TimB
TimB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:36:37 Reply

Anyone know when SSBB will be released in Europe? Can't wait for it!

Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:48:31 Reply

At 1/11/08 02:32 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.

tier lists are based on gameplay, so we can't really guess anything about tiers yet : )

BBS Signature
Dark-Heart
Dark-Heart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:56:32 Reply

At 1/11/08 02:48 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 1/11/08 02:32 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.
tier lists are based on gameplay, so we can't really guess anything about tiers yet : )

To correct myself, he seems high tier.

I've always had a knack for playing high tier characters well. And Roy. By well, I mean without the use of advanced techniques like wavedashing. If you throw that catorgory in, I'm horrible at the game.