00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

999,975 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 09:39:33

At 11/19/07 08:51 AM, Truth wrote:
When Brawl comes out, we divide up this crew to four evenly quadrants.

I play a mean Peach >:3

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 10:36:10

At 11/19/07 08:51 AM, Truth wrote: When Brawl comes out, we divide up this crew to four evenly quadrants.
Then we battle each other in 2 vs. 2 matches depending on whoever is online. All matches will be ranked and we will keep track of wins and losses on here.

How about we keep the records in an Alt NG account.
I said something about this in my userpage, go see.
We can make the account for those who will keep the records, PM the passwords to 5 people in was team to keep the records with an oath to tell the truth, how about it?

At 11/19/07 09:39 AM, Jigen wrote: I play a mean Peach >:3

Do you play on in Brawl?

At 11/19/07 10:30 AM, CarmiIIa wrote: awesome idea, can i join this club/crew? Im very good with Peach too, but i dont have so much time to play.

Well, come back with 50+ posts and we'll talk.
This is to prove that you are not just another noob and we do this to all users whose post count is under 50.
When you do come back, tell us:
Favorite Character
Best Character(if different from your favorite)
Least liked/worst Character
Favorite Stage
Personal achievements
Your opinon on Brawl.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 10:48:37

LOL this is off topic but......... wonder twin powers activate!!!!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

GT: Kernel Hefty

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 11:52:57

At 11/18/07 10:38 AM, life wrote:
At 11/18/07 10:34 AM, knuxrouge wrote:

Say I never played Super Mario Galaxy, tell me about it.
It's lush. The FPS is amazing. The graphics are colorful and it looks like a 360 game. The gravity is insane. It's constant fun. There's no filler, just constant fun. It's huge, it's massive. It reminds me of Mario 64 in so many ways. I'll probably make a blog post about it. If you look on any of the gaming sites you'll see it has the highest scores that are even over turning Zelaa OoT. Just get it if you didn't already.

I really like Galaxy, but I can't put it on the same level as mario 64 :(
The castle from 64 beats the shit out of the 'hub world' or whatever from galaxy. And although I like the later levels in galaxy, the whole game has a linear feel to it... When you choose a star, you have to get that star. The level forces you too. This happened in mario 64 sometimes, but for the most part you could just start a level, and run around and find stuff. Here you're kind of limited to what planets you can blast to

Also, knux, advising people to come back with at least 50 posts isn't really necessary. If someone is talking about smash, and speaking in clear english, they're already better than the average bbs user.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 13:47:36

At 11/19/07 08:51 AM, Truth wrote:
At 11/19/07 08:32 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: As we guessed the ice climbers final smash is a huge ice thingy...
It's good that their special differs from other characters in the game.

Any other opinions, recommendations on the Clan Wars idea below?

When Brawl comes out, we divide up this crew to four evenly quadrants.
Then we battle each other in 2 vs. 2 matches depending on whoever is online. All matches will be ranked and we will keep track of wins and losses on here.

hmm....i like it....We Need like a smash championship to compete for...and a smash team one too!
can i be a team captain?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 14:35:44

At 11/19/07 10:36 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
We can make the account for those who will keep the records, PM the passwords to 5 people in was team to keep the records with an oath to tell the truth, how about it?

Or I could ask Lotus to put it up the Clan War teams on his alt account. If thats not possible or in some way inconvenient, we make our own account specifically for Brawl tournaments.

At 11/19/07 01:47 PM, Ryno91461 wrote:
hmm....i like it....We Need like a smash championship to compete for...and a smash team one too!
can i be a team captain?

We previously did talk about a 1vs1 tournament to happen in the future. That will be totally separate, and I think AlexJS found a way to see who will verse who.
And its way to early to pick team captions and stuff like that, I just wanted to know if you guys like the idea.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 14:46:48

At 11/19/07 02:35 PM, Truth wrote:
At 11/19/07 10:36 AM, knuxrouge wrote: How about we keep the records in an Alt NG account.
Or I could ask Lotus to put it up the Clan War teams on his alt account. If thats not possible or in some way inconvenient, we make our own account specifically for Brawl tournaments.

Thats what the account is for of course, to help the crew in any and all activities! :D

Truth, I have PMed you the password for the account, use it wisely! ;)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 15:22:04

At 11/19/07 02:35 PM, Truth wrote: We previously did talk about a 1vs1 tournament to happen in the future. That will be totally separate, and I think AlexJS found a way to see who will verse who.

Yeah, I have it all set up to pair up people randomly.
However, honesty becomes an issue. If it becomes a real problem, I've had an idea for some time now.

And its way to early to pick team captions and stuff like that, I just wanted to know if you guys like the idea.

It is... doesn't hurt to think ahead, though.

At 11/19/07 02:46 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Truth, I have PMed you the password for the account, use it wisely! ;)

Can't give it out to too many people, then it might as well be a wiki. =3

As for today's update, it was a bit better than most. We had no word on the Ice Climbers Final Smash, and it looks interesting, if not a bit over the top.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 15:37:37

At 11/19/07 03:22 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 11/19/07 02:35 PM, Truth wrote: We previously did talk about a 1vs1 tournament to happen in the future. That will be totally separate, and I think AlexJS found a way to see who will verse who.
Yeah, I have it all set up to pair up people randomly.
However, honesty becomes an issue. If it becomes a real problem, I've had an idea for some time now.

That's why usually the Host of a online Tournament never competes himself. The job of the Host is to set up everything and keep track of wins and losses.
I got question for you though, when we do have our tournament possibly next year, are we only going to have people in this crew only, or all of newgrounds?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 15:46:10

At 11/19/07 03:37 PM, Truth wrote: That's why usually the Host of a online Tournament never competes himself. The job of the Host is to set up everything and keep track of wins and losses.

Yeah, but the SSBC account can be used to say who's won a match. Then when a round is complete, I'll just change the leaderboard.

I got question for you though, when we do have our tournament possibly next year, are we only going to have people in this crew only, or all of newgrounds?

All of NG? Hell no. Too many people involved. Only SSBC members. Any NG user can become a member, and it's a bit too much to have people barging in here demanding a place in the tournament. I say we just limit it to SSBC members. That way, we can have manageable tourneys, no larger than 64 users.

However, with regional differences, we may have to settle for a NA and Eur. champions.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 15:49:15

Wow, this is not a bad update! I was expecting something like a Polar Bear army or something. But a giant Ice Berg is cool!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 16:19:38

tournament? Count me in!!

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 16:34:42

At 11/19/07 04:19 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: tournament? Count me in!!

Sure, and welcome back.

But like I said, region become an issue. If you live in China (I'm not mistaken, am I?), you'll be limited to fighting other users near you, or maybe Europe. Maybe getting a wired connection would solve the problem.

But it'd be a good idea to try the system out a bit before going to tournaments.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 16:55:05

At 11/19/07 04:34 PM, AlexJS wrote:
Sure, and welcome back.

But like I said, region become an issue. If you live in China (I'm not mistaken, am I?), you'll be limited to fighting other users near you, or maybe Europe. Maybe getting a wired connection would solve the problem.

But it'd be a good idea to try the system out a bit before going to tournaments.

nah dude, I live down in Texas. I'm pretty sure it'll work out. <need more text, too much quote/>

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 16:58:17

Even though it didn't end the drought, I liked today's update, Ice Climbers look alot better in Brawl, just like Bowser (Who I already have on my team).

(Oh, and that 3-4 3rd Party character thing is from like a year ago! There was some interview with Sakurai and he said that, along with the conditions... I'm sure you'll find the article if you Google it)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 18:02:48

I expected nothing less from ice climbers, but aren't the final smashes a little unbalanced?

fox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ice climber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peach

And thats not in terms of how cool they are or anything, but of how powerful they are.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 18:03:03

At 11/19/07 05:02 PM, Bonehimer wrote:
At 11/19/07 10:48 AM, shadowchicken wrote: LOL this is off topic but......... wonder twin powers activate!!!!
oh god i lold

Me too. That was hilarious.

I think this'll be another automatic final smash.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 18:17:53

The ice climber final smash looks great! It will be better on stock then on time though , because when people slide off the sides it will just count as an SD.

Foxes final smash isnt supposed to be that good actually, compared to what iv heard at least. bowsers is supposed to be broken though

also I bet anything marios new costume is his flying mario costume from galaxy.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 18:35:15

At 11/19/07 06:17 PM, Matt2358 wrote: The ice climber final smash looks great! It will be better on stock then on time though , because when people slide off the sides it will just count as an SD.

Not really, the ice damages other players.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 18:52:40

At 11/19/07 06:03 PM, KerfuffleMach2 wrote:
At 11/19/07 05:02 PM, Bonehimer wrote:
At 11/19/07 10:48 AM, shadowchicken wrote: LOL this is off topic but......... wonder twin powers activate!!!!
oh god i lold
Me too. That was hilarious.

I think this'll be another automatic final smash.

Uh, actually they're all... umm... "choosable". You just hit the Special Attack button without hitting a direction.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 19:15:03

Isn't it going to be ironic when we use the IC final smash on the summit! Your already on a glacier! Its even the same shape just it has platforms and its less pointy.

Also, the ice climbers are a great character, you just need to know how to use them.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 19:34:06

one good thing about the final smash for Ice climbers it that it has a low chance of missing especially in a small stage. the final smashes of Fox,Link,Bowser,pick one, have a chance of missing or being easily dodged.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 19:55:55

At 11/19/07 10:36 AM, knuxrouge wrote:

We previously did talk about a 1vs1 tournament to happen in the future. That will be totally separate, and I think AlexJS found a way to see who will verse who.

hey, made web site for super smash bros brawl you could out it there if you want just ask well set something up ican make a whole new page for just that.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 20:38:33

Epic "I'm back with a venegance" post. Beware Dark-Heart.

At 11/18/07 12:39 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: 2. On the Sonic profile, it does indeed say that he was the most anticipated 3rd party character.

Yeah, so? I could've figured that out easily. Has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

4. You really don't understand how little fans he has compared to Sonic, do you? Evil counterparts =/= bigger fanbase.

You say he has small fans, then counter by saying that evil ppl have bigger fanbase? Check your info there.

Again, I hate to be rude. Just pointing out some facts. I just hope that this doesn't spawn into some giant flame war (or even a little flame war).

No, I have nothing against you.

At 11/18/07 01:05 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: I'm gonna lay out why Shadow is much less than likely to be playable.
Shadow's not the main character. Many hardcore Sonic (refering to the series, not the character) think that Shadow has a poorly planned out personality.

Poorly planned out? He's an evil Sonic, what else would there be to it???

He uses guns. And vehicles.

IN THAT ONE GAME!!!

He's wouldn'tbe able to do things like chaos spear or whatever with ot an emerald or Super/Hyper form.

So? Give him one. You always have one in the other games.

At 11/18/07 01:13 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: Also, Rocker23220, you're kinda pissing me off acting like Shad/s fricken' lawer.

Okay, now I got something against you. Lawyer? Honestly, I'm not a lawyer, I'm just standing up for myself. Aren't fans allowed to do that?

Shadow is always changing. Has he been the same way in all of the games hees been in?

He was only different for that one game. What is it with you people, and stereotyping characters you don't like? He only used the guns in that one game. You look at every OTHER sonic game out there, and he is the same throughout.

At 11/18/07 07:44 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Yeah, I see ALOT of people using that, it'll be like the tea bagging thing on Halo and Gears of War. Almost everyone who plays Link will be using it.

Haha. Good times. You can teabag on GoW? Sweet.

NO! NO OTHER SONIC CHARACTERS WILL BE PLAYABLE!!! Again, only 3-4 3rd parties are getting in including Sonic and Snake, that leaves 1 or 2 more 3rd party slots, so they wouldn't waste one on another Sonic character!

WHO ELSE IS THERE LEFT?!?!? And apparently I missed something, so where did you all see the whole "certain amount of slots" idea? Was it on the Dojo? I thought our motto was "If it ain't on the Dojo, don't believe it"?

Its been all the talk since Sonic was announced. Shadow is NOT the most popular, Sonic is. Ever since the Shadow the Hedgehog was released, he's had a steady fanbase. Sonic is and has always been the most favored character.

Well, DUH!!! As much as a Sonic fan as I am, you think I wouldn't know that?

I can easily tell here that you are a Shadow fan.

Nah, really? Lol. When did you figure that out?

At 11/18/07 01:13 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: A rant on Rocker.
Chill out. Rocker is intitled to his opinion just as we are. If he honestly feels that Shadow has a chance then he has every right to express that right, what you just said is what people call "Flame bait". We were having an honest (semi)mature debate on Shadow's chances, there was no need to say that especially seeing how he hasn't replied yet.

Thank you. At least SOMEONE'S not ganging up on me.

At 11/18/07 09:13 AM, acidcrash3 wrote: I really hope ganon comes back though am i the only one that will be mad if they scrap him.

1.) He is coming back.
2.) You're not the only one. I'd be angry too.

At 11/18/07 02:48 PM, Jackotrades wrote: We have been going at this for days, it is obvious that Birdo is going to be in brawl, we need another yoshi character.

WTF?!?!?!? WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!?!?
What the hell would she do?? All she does is shoot eggs.

At 11/18/07 03:31 PM, Guitardude wrote: Requirements for joining are strong feelings toward Shadow and.or Knuckles, and a reasonable amount of arguing.

hahahahaha, nice. That made me laugh. I needed one of those after all this *above* $#!t.

Ice Climbers Final Smash....boring.

At 11/19/07 02:44 AM, gameboyplayer wrote: You make good points about that. Wouldn't the ice just melt in Norfair and where in the hell is ice going to appear out of nowhere in space?

Haha, that's a funny idea.

Count me in for this here tourney.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 20:43:54

Isn't the reason why no one wants shawdow and there not going to put shawdow in there obvious?!?!?!?! ARE YOU IMBICLES?!?!?! Its obviously due to the fact shawdow is black. = P

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 20:58:35

At 11/19/07 07:55 PM, fox4729 wrote: hey, made web site for super smash bros brawl you could out it there if you want just ask well set something up ican make a whole new page for just that.

Don't think it's a good idea to move to a new site altogether.

At 11/19/07 08:43 PM, smc316 wrote: Isn't the reason why no one wants shawdow and there not going to put shawdow in there obvious?!?!?!?! ARE YOU IMBICLES?!?!?! Its obviously due to the fact shawdow is black. = P

OH SNAP, racial slur. =3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 21:11:28

At 11/19/07 08:43 PM, smc316 wrote: Isn't the reason why no one wants shawdow and there not going to put shawdow in there obvious?!?!?!?! ARE YOU IMBICLES?!?!?! Its obviously due to the fact shawdow is black. = P

Ha! Anyways, I just realized something awesome. If you did use the IC final smash on norfair it would make the "capsule" too small to enter. Then, since the IC has a high up-b, they could avoid the lava wave altogether! Awesome strategy - by Dark-heart

Rocker, using guns in one game still doesn't change the fact that he used them. also, on StH for the 360, he still uses vehicles. I didn't say anything like "guns! No!" Well, I did. But vehicles like his ... yeah. and the second game, people really did die. Sorry if I offended you. T_T He would be cool as an assist trophy. Chaos Blast/spear/control. Yup. Snake got his own, you can bet your ass that Sonic will get Shadow. Don't be afraid. Embrace it!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 21:15:16

At 11/19/07 09:11 PM, Dark-Heart wrote: Ha! Anyways, I just realized something awesome. If you did use the IC final smash on norfair it would make the "capsule" too small to enter. Then, since the IC has a high up-b, they could avoid the lava wave altogether! Awesome strategy - by Dark-heart

But wait, how do you know that their UpSp goes high enough? And how do you know the iceburg appears where you want it? It seems to be in a set location. If it appears under you, it's a great recovery. =3

Snake got his own, you can bet your ass that Sonic will get Shadow. Don't be afraid. Embrace it!

I don't doubt it. Shadow, Tail, and Knuckles could appear as Assist Trophies, it's just a matter of what they'll do.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 21:48:46

At 11/19/07 11:52 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 11/18/07 10:38 AM, life wrote:
At 11/18/07 10:34 AM, knuxrouge wrote:

Say I never played Super Mario Galaxy, tell me about it.
It's lush. The FPS is amazing. The graphics are colorful and it looks like a 360 game. The gravity is insane. It's constant fun. There's no filler, just constant fun. It's huge, it's massive. It reminds me of Mario 64 in so many ways. I'll probably make a blog post about it. If you look on any of the gaming sites you'll see it has the highest scores that are even over turning Zelaa OoT. Just get it if you didn't already.
I really like Galaxy, but I can't put it on the same level as mario 64 :(
The castle from 64 beats the shit out of the 'hub world' or whatever from galaxy. And although I like the later levels in galaxy, the whole game has a linear feel to it... When you choose a star, you have to get that star. The level forces you too. This happened in mario 64 sometimes, but for the most part you could just start a level, and run around and find stuff. Here you're kind of limited to what planets you can blast to

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but galaxy is still amazing in its own way.

Also, knux, advising people to come back with at least 50 posts isn't really necessary. If someone is talking about smash, and speaking in clear english, they're already better than the average bbs user.

Did anyone else notice this guys name is carmilla? What a poser. :0

I was looking at this update and I have to just hope that you can bust apart that iceberg. Nothing would be cooler than just being able to carve a big hole in it it ricochet people off of. I can only imagine how crazy this mess is going to be. Ice Climbers were my favorite gimmick player and this just makes them all the more appealing.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 22:05:55

At 11/19/07 09:48 PM, life wrote: I was looking at this update and I have to just hope that you can bust apart that iceberg. Nothing would be cooler than just being able to carve a big hole in it it ricochet people off of. I can only imagine how crazy this mess is going to be. Ice Climbers were my favorite gimmick player and this just makes them all the more appealing.

"Ice doesn't just make the available ledges smaller and more slippery, but it also damages your opponents"

That looks like it'll prevent you from attacking it. It'll probably just melt away. Although breaking it to pieces sounds fun, but don't you think it might glitch the already destructible stages?

BBS Signature