Be a Supporter!
BaldGuyWithaHat
BaldGuyWithaHat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 12:26 AM Reply

Im sick of hearing about X-box. It sounds like a crappy system made by a rich money hungrey company. And living by Microsoft doesnt help...All I hear is

"GameCube, PS2, HAHA, ThOSE SUCK!!"

"Im getting an X-box, it rules"

"X-box forever"

"X-box discs have bigger holes in the middle for me to insert my large dick into and masturbate"

And the list goes on...

I think PS2 is better, Gamecube to. So many kids I know have parents who work at Mircosoft, and the games they are looking forward to sound really crappy. Like wrestling games. I hate those games....You can buy one every 5 years and they will be the same! god damnit, there was one good one though...

Anyways, why do you people like X-box sooo much? I saw another anti-x-box topic I think...

And not many people sound like they are going for Game Cube??? Im a PS2er. Gamecube sounds cool, but the games are my type...Nintendo is by me to! But its just a small office building, its mostly Japan.

Ok im talking to much about how x-box (and all of you who like it) suck.

Bucephalus
Bucephalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 12:26 AM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote: iCrap

Gamecube preorders are selling out faster than XBox preorders across the board, even with more units available, so I wouldn't worry much about people only caring about XBox.

The slow/crappy kiosks arent' helping much either, but they'll probably getting playable versions of actual games pretty soon...

PS: Get ready for TFX to assrape you. Me too probably, for that preorder statement. It's true though, from everything I've heard.

whiteguyz
whiteguyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 01:45 AM Reply

I just got the new EGM and they split right down the middle on which to buy. So in the end, it'll just be a matter of taste which you pick. I'm picking up my GC at launch. Probably pick up a X-Box this spring or summer.

x-box x-box x-box

olskoo
olskoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 01:52 AM Reply

they thrust their fists against the posts and still insist they see the ghosts

all will be revealed in November.

xvllvx
xvllvx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 03:58 AM Reply

OK, I've seen the X-Box in person and in action, played 3 of it's launch games and.... IT FUCKING SUCKS! I'm sticking with my PS2 and my newly acquired Dreamcast!

Oh, BTW, the Dreamcast Control Pad and the X-Box one are almost identical, and guess what.... they both SUCK.

Unkn0wn1
Unkn0wn1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 12:26 AM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote: Im sick of hearing about X-box. It sounds like a crappy system made by a rich money hungrey company. And living by Microsoft doesnt help...All I hear is

"X-box forever"

"X-box discs have bigger holes in the middle for me to insert my large dick into and masturbate"

And the list goes on...

I think PS2 is better, Gamecube to. So many kids I know have parents who work at Mircosoft, and the games they are looking forward to sound really crappy. Like wrestling games. I hate those games....You can buy one every 5 years and they will be the same! god damnit, there was one good one though...

Anyways, why do you people like X-box sooo much? I saw another anti-x-box topic I think...

And not many people sound like they are going for Game Cube??? Im a PS2er. Gamecube sounds cool, but the games are my type...Nintendo is by me to! But its just a small office building, its mostly Japan.

SONY, SONY, SONY all the way for me. Always has been. Nintendo is good too. I will never lower myself to a mini compact comp like Xbox. Ever since they made us aware of it, I have read crap on it. And in the end...it will crash sooner or later...like a reg. old PC can. Because that's all it is...spare pc parts...(geesh! If I had a nickle every time I had to say this...)

TFX
TFX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 08:00 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 04:39 AM, TheUnknown1 wrote:
SONY, SONY, SONY all the way for me. Always has been. Nintendo is good too. I will never lower myself to a mini compact comp like Xbox. Ever since they made us aware of it, I have read crap on it. And in the end...it will crash sooner or later...like a reg. old PC can. Because that's all it is...spare pc parts...(geesh! If I had a nickle every time I had to say this...)

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! PS2 is a computer, also, Gamecube is a computer, also. Xbox is no more of a 'PC' than PS2 or Gamecube is. It is not running windows, it will not have Office, it will not have web browsing, it does not have USB expansions, AOL, or upgradable capacities. It is a CONSOLE. Not a PC. But since you know nothing about Xbox, I figure I'd expect a comment like that from someone. Each component in the Xbox (while it sounds it's pulled off the shelf) is specially modified and form-fitted into the Xbox's architecture.

Geez, quit mouthing off if you don't know anything about it.

xvllvx, I'm curious as to how you played 3 launch titles since only 3 are finished as of this point (Halo, Fuzion Frenzy, and NASCAR Heat) and everything else is either a demo or an unfinished build.

Ok, here's why I want an Xbox.

1. The best of both worlds: PC gaming and console gaming. Console games have been little or nothing more than just kinda mindless jumping or shooting. Or racing. With the Xbox hard disk, we get to try out new gameplay that has previous never been experience effectively on a console. Some of the most innovative games that slightly more sophisticated gameplay are PC.

2. The hard drive. None of this crap with having to keep chucking money at memory cards. I know a guy who has a PS2 at work and says he's bought 6 memory cards (i.e. $210) for his PS2 to put his saves on. Not only could people save that to their hard drive on Xbox, but what would you want? 6 memory cards or 4+ games? I don't know about you guys, but I'd take the games.

Plus, this hard drive allows for larger levels (imagine that instead of having 30 or so courses in a snowboarding game where you just the walls of the course with jumps that get boring and monotonous after a while, how about having entire mountains in which to snowboard?) and less rigid save points (save in-game, destroy a level and still be able to save then come back and the level's still destroyed).

PS2 is really just the PSX with DVD playback and is faster. Except the PS2 effectively makes all games on it look like mud. Did I mention the PS2 DVD player SUCKS? My parents have a 3-year old DVD player and it works a lot better than the PS2's.

3. Superior specs due to PC architecture. While PS2 has this wonderful Emotion Engine that's really fast and can do a lot of things at once, the PS2 as a whole is not a very efficient design, therefore, the PS2 is STILL $300 here in the States and will be until next year. Because Xbox uses a PC architecture, they can modify some stuff (making it much more efficient) and then have faster components because they cost less than components of other consoles. Come November 15th, you'll be able to spend the same amount to get a console with superior specs, a lot of stuff Sony makes you pay for as add-ons for PS2 are already built-in and (where it counts) a much better DVD player. Gee, and you don't have to keep spending money on memory cards, either. Which one truly is the better hardware for the same price? Geee, I think that's Xbox.

Games you can argue about forever as it's all in one's personal tastes.

But those are my reasons.

LordAba
LordAba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 08:38 AM Reply

Who gives a fuck? It's just a stupid console...

What may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side.

BBS Signature
toma
toma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 08:46 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 12:26 AM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote: Im sick of hearing about X-box. It sounds like a crappy system made by a rich money hungrey company. And living by Microsoft doesnt help...All I hear is

"X-box forever"

And the list goes on...

i'm getting a gamecube to match my gba

ShockAndTerror
ShockAndTerror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 12:26 AM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote: crap...

THEN! We all know that X-BOX sucks...it's only a fuckin way to fuckin make money. Maybe Ps2 is better, but not fuckin much. I have got tha normal playstation that's quite cool...but nothing fuckin compares to tha PC! Guys over there! If you fuckin have a great audio card, a fuckin video card, and a nice monitor, you can fuckin enjoy all this fuckin games! EXCEPT wrestling games that i fuckin hate. They are so fuckin boring! So! Probably you say "Fuck off, you asshole."...well..i'm free to say what tha fuck i want! So...IS BETTER BUYIN' PC GAMES! THEY RULE! Bye

x-box x-box x-box

bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 08:00 AM, TFX wrote: Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! PS2 is a computer, also, Gamecube is a computer, also. Xbox is no more of a 'PC' than PS2 or Gamecube is. It is not running windows, it will not have Office, it will not have web browsing, it does not have USB expansions, AOL, or upgradable capacities. It is a CONSOLE. Not a PC. But since you know nothing about Xbox, I figure I'd expect a comment like that from someone. Each component in the Xbox (while it sounds it's pulled off the shelf) is specially modified and form-fitted into the Xbox's architecture.

a "xbox" stamp does not qualify as a modification.

Geez, quit mouthing off if you don't know anything about it.

i was trying to think of something funny, but it's 7:43 in the morning.

xvllvx, I'm curious as to how you played 3 launch titles since only 3 are finished as of this point (Halo, Fuzion Frenzy, and NASCAR Heat) and everything else is either a demo or an unfinished build.

<hick>alright, notin beats nascar!</hick>

1. The best of both worlds: PC gaming and console gaming. Console games have been little or nothing more than just kinda mindless jumping or shooting. Or racing. With the Xbox hard disk, we get to try out new gameplay that has previous never been experience effectively on a console. Some of the most innovative games that slightly more sophisticated gameplay are PC.

"Geez, quit mouthing off if you don't know anything about it." - tfx(hehe) driver, final fantasy, mario,... hmm. mindless shooting and jumping? sorry i'm not as sophistomacated as you are, with computer dowacky

2. The hard drive. None of this crap with having to keep chucking money at memory cards. I know a guy who has a PS2 at work and says he's bought 6 memory cards (i.e. $210) for his PS2 to put his saves on. Not only could people save that to their hard drive on Xbox, but what would you want? 6 memory cards or 4+ games? I don't know about you guys, but I'd take the games.

8MB Custom Memory Card
Xbox
Not Yet Available -- Pre-order now! Our Price: $29.99
holy shit, $5 less than a ps2 memory card. but notice how the controller is $5 more than ps2. and what the hell is an xbox memory unit, cause that's $35. both the memory card and unit go in the back of the controller, and that sucks ass. and i have enough money to buy both memory card and game. see tfx, there's a thing called a job...

Plus, this hard drive allows for larger levels (imagine that instead of having 30 or so courses in a snowboarding game where you just the walls of the course with jumps that get boring and monotonous after a while, how about having entire mountains in which to snowboard?) and less rigid save points (save in-game, destroy a level and still be able to save then come back and the level's still destroyed).

the ps2 computer entertainment system will have a 40gb hard drive next year, and broadband sometime late november. and wow, not having to beat the same thing twice after i saved? i've never heard of that, even though it's in every game i've played on ps2.

PS2 is really just the PSX with DVD playback and is faster. Except the PS2 effectively makes all games on it look like mud. Did I mention the PS2 DVD player SUCKS? My parents have a 3-year old DVD player and it works a lot better than the PS2's.

sounds like the statement of a 12 year old. resorting to saying "did i mention it sucks." and if you buy a ps2 dvd remote, you can get an upgrade for smooth fast forward and rewind. plus, both foward and backward slow motion. and many other features of the standard dvd player.

3. Superior specs due to PC architecture. While PS2 has this wonderful Emotion Engine that's really fast and can do a lot of things at once, the PS2 as a whole is not a very efficient design, therefore, the PS2 is STILL $300 here in the States and will be until next year. Because Xbox uses a PC architecture, they can modify some stuff (making it much more efficient) and then have faster components because they cost less than components of other consoles. Come November 15th, you'll be able to spend the same amount to get a console with superior specs, a lot of stuff Sony makes you pay for as add-ons for PS2 are already built-in and (where it counts) a much better DVD player. Gee, and you don't have to keep spending money on memory cards, either. Which one truly is the better hardware for the same price? Geee, I think that's Xbox.

the parts cost less because they have people making them for 10 cents an hour. and the last thing we need is for big bad billy gates to get richer. and so you're saying that you are gonna lug around your xbox if you have a really cool save? at least you'll get a workout carrying 20lbs around with you.

Games you can argue about forever as it's all in one's personal tastes.

ture, i'll agree with that... cacahead.

But those are my reasons.

not very good ones, ah?

x-box x-box x-box

toma
toma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 09:30 AM, bigbadron wrote: the parts cost less because they have people making them for 10 cents an hour. and the last thing we need is for big bad billy gates to get richer. and so you're saying that you are gonna lug around your xbox if you have a really cool save? at least you'll get a workout carrying 20lbs around with you.

i like how microsoft talks about "made in north america" as if using mexico for cheap labor makes everything so much better than having it made in asia

arrogancy
arrogancy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 09:48 AM Reply

Uh...I fail to see how console games have just been "mindless jumping and shooting," when compared to P.C. games. The only P.C. genres that are basically nonexsistant on consoles are Flight Simulators (woopiedoo), boring D&D type RPGs (if that floats your boat), and massive multiplyaer FPS.

Those types of games technically take no more "mind" than a console RPG, strategy, or Puzzle game. Hell, even a survival horror game. The part of your mind that is exercised depends on the type of game (memory/reaction/knowledge/problem solving), but console systems have titles that encompass all of that.

6 memory cards? Eh? There aren't even enough good games on PS2 to warrant that many saves. Unless you're weird, I see no reason to keep saves for games that you'll never play again.

The PS2 DVD player's only problem is that it cannot play digital sound. And how is a PS2 a "faster" PSX? It's a completely different system with more poly processing power, effects, etc. The PS2 has a distinct advantage over XBox because it has better Japanese licenses.

Hardware has never mattered in the same generation. Sega CD and Turbo Duo were more powerful than SNES. Saturn was more powerful than Playstation, etc. etc. etc.

Specs don't mean crap.

fourchinnigan
fourchinnigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Filmmaker
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 10/25/01 12:26 AM, BaldGuyWithaHat wrote: "X-box discs have bigger holes in the middle for me to insert my large dick into and masturbate"

I never really gave a shit about the X-Box, but this comment has me thinking about getting one. Next, all I need is a large dick.

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to x-box x-box x-box Oct. 25th, 2001 @ 11:43 AM Reply

I never really gave a shit about the X-Box, but this comment has me thinking about getting one. Next, all I need is a large dick.

TFX, what video game consoles have you owned before X-Box? No lying :(