00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Assassin Update

21,024 Views | 165 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 03:02:11

Yo Tom! Please bring back the flash where you kill Dave Matthews with Broli.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 03:53:04

additional levels and updated profile layout would be huge updates.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 03:55:35

yes, when i first came to newgrounds a long time ago it was because of assain, that was along time ago, i'm glad you are giving it a remake. tnx.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 03:58:11

i like the new look and feel

Assassin Update

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 04:12:15

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

Of course. Assasin is an important part of NG History. You gotta keep it!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 04:14:58

Restoring Assassin back to a position of prominence would do Newgrounds a great service. Original NG content is greatly missed and I must say there's nothing like some good old fashioned senseless violence, especially when celebrities are involved!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 04:18:29

At 8/24/04 03:58 AM, helldemon666 wrote: i like the new look and feel

Post by you: 2

fuck off

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 04:47:51

tom this is stickdude111 talkin to ya and im gona buy ur alien hominid game wen it comes out but u should try to bring it back but with the assasin guy in some or all of the games so hell hav a bigger part in the assasin role.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 05:10:37

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: Holy crap... I made over 20 Flash games dedicated solely to killing celebrities and other assorted pop-icons! Talk about MEAN!

Pussy.

I like that the site's older, deeper pages are getting updated. The black background is kinda lonely.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 05:24:36

wtf is assassin?

seriously ive never looked on anything other than the portal or the bbs

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 05:43:26

Bring the New Order Bloodbath music back to the site and it will be a beauty.

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 05:44:18

not bad, i wouldnt mind seeing new assassin flashes

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 05:47:47

At 8/24/04 04:18 AM, PENETRATINGonDOPE wrote:
At 8/24/04 03:58 AM, helldemon666 wrote: i like the new look and feel
Post by you: 2

fuck off

Excuse me, but I don't think Tom said "You are only allowed to post in this thread is you have more than 2 posts". He asked for everyone's opinion. In other words, shut up.

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 06:03:02

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

Absolutely. Assassin was what brought me to the site in the first place.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 06:12:52

Yo you need to put back the assassin song back! Thats what got me pumped up ready to kill some celebrities every time i went in there now its alil boring... if not boring, then something else, it feels like somethings missing, and i know what it is so try to put back the animation of the guy shooting the animal or if not that the music.

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 06:13:42

It is a relic, but it should be ressurected and revered. If it wasn't for assassin, NG wouldn't be what it is today (a 400mbps behemoth of a website, which attracts the cream of the flash artists)

That cool piece of music which used to be on the front page of assassin rocked. Maybe a new animation is needed for the page, but bring back the music.

Other than that, you've done a great job

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 06:15:45

Pimp is back...

just had to say it, since the kid rarely post.... the 2 highest up rarely post... its funny.

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 06:25:42

yeah bring back assasain, but i think we need more advanced games, like side scrollers or something, i recon you should get stamper to work his magic, then get jose ortiz to draw and animate shot gun man.

but anyway assasain was the reason i came to newgrounds in the first place, it was when i was 8 years old i think, my friends were talking about how you got to kill pokemon and other celebrities.

oh and one more thing, you should have an NG classic day, when you upload the index file off what newgrounds used to look like, with that song and the navigation that had red boxes with the words in them, it probally looked different then that before i came to NG and other people would like it if it was like it was before i came, oh well. blah

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 07:07:16

I would like that guy on the Assassin page to come back he was kool. And everything else looks good.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 07:13:26

I still visit assassin.
I used to love that place, though... arnold schwartzneggar dancing around in a tutu... XD

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 07:26:49

I think you should have some background information on the assassin page so when new people come across it they can learn about what assassin did for NG. =)

Oh and bring back the music. Thats what made that page stand out! >=(

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 07:40:00

At 8/24/04 05:47 AM, Carmilla wrote: Excuse me, but I don't think Tom said "You are only allowed to post in this thread is you have more than 2 posts". He asked for everyone's opinion. In other words, shut up.

yur still ugly i see

change yur face bitch

¦o)

ps women shud be seen not heard, or in yur case neither

die

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 07:49:28

Meh. I liked it better before. Maybe have stamper touch it up a bit?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 08:11:08

At 8/23/04 11:45 PM, shazzam wrote: How about bringing back the frontpage song?

That song kicked ass.

I completely agree. I used to bob my head all day to that.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 08:20:21

Wasn't the front page song by called "Hive" or was it by a band called "Hive"?

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 09:00:31

Tom you should revive Assassin that was one of the first things a friend should me on the site I have been here along time ever since it used to be the king of NG after all Tom It good still make droves of new fans think of that.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 09:21:43

But what about the dude in the long red coat with the shot gun killing the pink thing I like to have that back.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 09:27:30

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I decided to give it a face-lift! It isn't much... I re-categorized all the content, put it on a single page, simplified the layout as much as possible, and tried to link directly to Assassin missions rather than collection pages.

You did a good job of making the layout simpler and easier to
navigate, but i already miss the guy with the shotgun.

What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

I've mixed feelings about this; on the one hand, it's strangely
gratifying to play a flash game that creams a celebrity, but on
the other hand, it's kinda boring to have a truckload of games
that all essentially do the same thing.

"They are an inquisitive race, always anxious to pry into other mens' lives, but never ready to correct their own." -Augustine of Hippo

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 09:55:37

I just thought you'd like to know, here in the UK, I was reading a magazine called 'It's on the Net' or some such title. Anyway, its a big list of good websites, all catagorised and each has a sentance writen about it.

Obviously I looked for Newgrounds in there, and found it. But it was in the 'Weird' section, and it only gave a direct link to the assassin page! No mention of the rest of the site, just how it was fun to kill celebrities.

Tom

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 10:35:01

It looks a little dull.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature