New Topic Respond to this Topic
Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:41:26 Reply

long story short, I reformatted my C: drive and re-installed windows XP. I put in my dell resource CD to reinstall my drivers (audio/ video/ modem/ etc) and it says they have all been detected.

SO WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, PLAY MUSIC, OR WATCH VIDEO? ANSWER ME THAT? HEY BILL GATES, DO YOUR DRIVERS WORK? CAUSE MINE SURE DON'T!

seriously, any suggestions for this bullshit? I can't roll back the drivers because there are no previous versions. The system can't find anywhere to update them from... and apparently the ones from the CD are just magical make-believe drivers

BBS Signature
bluntedboy
bluntedboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:45:30 Reply

At 8/15/04 06:41 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote: long story short, I reformatted my C: drive and re-installed windows XP. I put in my dell resource CD to reinstall my drivers (audio/ video/ modem/ etc) and it says they have all been detected.

SO WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, PLAY MUSIC, OR WATCH VIDEO? ANSWER ME THAT? HEY BILL GATES, DO YOUR DRIVERS WORK? CAUSE MINE SURE DON'T!

seriously, any suggestions for this bullshit? I can't roll back the drivers because there are no previous versions. The system can't find anywhere to update them from... and apparently the ones from the CD are just magical make-believe drivers

I have run into the same problem on Dell computers before. You will need to go to Microsoft's website and download Service Pack 1. Once you install that, you should be able to connect to the internet, etc.

Better yet forget Service Pack 1, get SP2, although I am not 100% sure if you can go right from XP to SP2 without installing SP1 first.

I hope you have a fast connection, the file is 134MB.
Burn to a CD and install on the computer that you just reformatted.

Hope this helps!

xcrime-cyber
xcrime-cyber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:47:18 Reply

goat microsucks!

Spirus
Spirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:48:30 Reply

At 8/15/04 06:45 PM, bluntedboy wrote:

I have run into the same problem on Dell computers before. You will need to go to Microsoft's website and download Service Pack 1. Once you install that, you should be able to connect to the internet, etc.

Well that should be hard seeing as he can't access the internet.

Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:53:36 Reply

the xp reinstallation cd I have is entitled "Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Including Service Pack 1"

and after reading the service pack release notes, I was informed that it is automatically installed along with XP >: (

hmm.

right now I'm on my old computer. our house is 56k anyway... no fast connections here : (

BBS Signature
bluntedboy
bluntedboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 18:54:26 Reply

At 8/15/04 06:48 PM, ___ wrote:

Well that should be hard seeing as he can't access the internet.

Well obviously he has access to the internet, how else did he post his message? Most people have more than one computer.

bluntedboy
bluntedboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 19:00:04 Reply

At 8/15/04 06:53 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote:
the xp reinstallation cd I have is entitled "Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Including Service Pack 1"

and after reading the service pack release notes, I was informed that it is automatically installed along with XP >: (

hmm.

right now I'm on my old computer. our house is 56k anyway... no fast connections here : (

Wow, that's going to bug me now.
I just also realized that you reformatted, so everything was from scratch.
The problem I described was from reinstalling WindowsXP on a volume that had the SP1a installed. A reformat would not cause this issue to surface.

I'm looking in to the problem right now.

Since you are on dialup, did you check:
Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager
to make sure there are no hardware conflicts?
Hopefully the modem is there and working fine.

A-Plain-Name
A-Plain-Name
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to fucking windows xp 2004-08-15 19:01:31 Reply

here is a picture of that basterd

fucking windows xp

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature