• 771 Replies
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 09:02 AM

At 3/25/05 10:27 AM, Denjin_Zaboga wrote: I still have some issues of that comic. I still enjoy them too.

Really? Since there are four comics related to Pokemon.

The first one I ever read is drawn in a rather "Shojo" style.
The second one stars "Red" instead of "Ash" or "Satoshi".
The third and fourth ones are TV screenshots made into the form of a comic.

Next Release ETA: ?

Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 12:23 PM

At 3/25/05 11:39 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 3/25/05 09:50 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: What would you think I was one if you caught me in bed with your mamma?
As for you, couldn't you NOT flame others with empty threats?

I believe that you're Twenty-Eight years old, so please behave and respond to other's foolishness like one. Flaming back is not a good show of who's superior.

Sorry about that,that Count terd told me lo leave "But I am the one who created this thread" and called me a fag. The same thing happened to my "I love Hogwarts thread I posted last year as well but,. Im sorry if I offended anybody who is not with those rediculous flamers. I will try to keep my cool next time. Thanks for catching that for me.

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 12:37 PM

At 3/26/05 12:23 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Sorry about that,that Count terd told me lo leave "But I am the one who created this thread" and called me a fag. The same thing happened to my "I love Hogwarts thread I posted last year as well but,. Im sorry if I offended anybody who is not with those rediculous flamers. I will try to keep my cool next time. Thanks for catching that for me.

It's okay. What matters is that you don't overdo it.

By the way, have you read the comic I'm referring to? Even now, I find them quite interesting to read because of its "Target Audience" being somewhat older people (12+ I think) compared to the Cartoon (Which is geared towards 3+). But I found the Shojo style quite an interesting fit for such a series, as well as the jokes they use which are less on the "Kiddy" side. In the Japanese version, that Jungle-Boy actually oogled on Musashi's (Jessie) chest asking for milk... Whereas an envious Kojiro (James) was chasing her for some too... They changed it to "Pouch-ride" instead in the american release. As for what I mentioned about battles, Pokemon don't simply "Faint" when they are in a battle, but they are also in danger of dying very easily if the Trainer doesn't observe their Battler well.

Oh, and just curious... but who's that character in your profile? I think I saw her in a cartoon before...

eatingmeals
eatingmeals
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 01:13 PM

jesus christ . Pokemon fucking suck-

Flash-Cat
Flash-Cat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 01:24 PM

At 3/26/05 01:13 PM, eatingmeals wrote: jesus christ . Pokemon fucking suck-

NO shit

RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 26th, 2005 @ 10:17 PM

A reasoning on why you think that would certainly be in order. I think a lot of things suck but I don't go around ranting about them in one sentence posts like a noob.

Keep your ill opinions to yourself. Otherwise, it will only make me think less of you.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 06:33 AM

At 3/26/05 10:17 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote:
A reasoning on why you think that would certainly be in order. I think a lot of things suck but I don't go around ranting about them in one sentence posts like a noob.

Keep your ill opinions to yourself. Otherwise, it will only make me think less of you.

Thanks Neo_Pikachu. I really am getting fed up with those jerks, by the way, How would you like to join my new club? See clubs & crews list to find it, It should have my name in the title. I started it since this thread is just going to be overunned by these animals.

BBS Signature
Denjin-Zaboga
Denjin-Zaboga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 07:30 AM

At 3/26/05 09:02 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
Really? Since there are four comics related to Pokemon.

The first one I ever read is drawn in a rather "Shojo" style.
The second one stars "Red" instead of "Ash" or "Satoshi".
The third and fourth ones are TV screenshots made into the form of a comic.

I have the Dengeki Pikachu one you mentioned earlier. I have Vol. 2 part 1 and 2, Vol.3 part 2, and the one you mentioned earlier with the Charizard/Lizardon fight.

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 07:36 AM

Hey all this club is a flame battlefeild, there is a pokemon topic in the Clubs and crew why dont you talk there and let this fuckers flame themselves? Linkymon

BBS Signature
ZigZag
ZigZag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 09:49 AM

Pokemon Uncensored By: StrawberryClock

NintendoGirl489
NintendoGirl489
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 12:04 PM

I don't like pokemon. But, I don't think it's nice to call him gay just 'cause he likes pokemon. People are so mean...

Sesshoumaru-Sama
Sesshoumaru-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 12:08 PM

At 3/28/05 12:04 PM, NintendoGirl489 wrote: People are so mean...

To prove your point, SHUT THE FUCK UP n00b!

tydiggy
tydiggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 12:12 PM

At 3/26/05 10:17 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote:
At 3/26/05 01:13 PM, eatingmeals wrote:

owned

pokemon fans only

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 12:55 PM

I actually played the game till I was 13, I have Red, Silver and Sapphire(which was actually a waste of money, I've played it for only 5 hours). I have to admit, their is nothing wrong with the games, accept, you can't expect me to buy 15 different pokemon games, I mean: Red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, crystal, ruby, sapphire, Emerald, Pinball, the card game, Pokemon stadium 1 and 2, Pokemon snap, Pokemon Colloseum were you have to collect 350 of those things.
I've also watched some of the episodes, cause I was curious, but they are all the same. They're all like : OMG Team Rocket has taken Pickachu (again!), man those are the worst series I've ever seen. I also never bought any of those trading cards, cause I think they are really a waste of money.
My opinion is: Pokemon was pretty funny 5 years ago, but it's getting really old now and they should come up with something new.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
retiredhater
retiredhater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM

At 8/14/04 09:35 PM, Nazz_6000 wrote: thers not to many pokemon fans on ng but there is a few.
the one who finds a picture of my favrite pokemon wins.
its just for fun.

you still enjoy watching that show? and you're how old?

SkyCube
SkyCube
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 01:39 PM

At 3/24/05 05:29 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Tanooki_John's response"

I think your too late to tell me to get my facts straight cause they already are.

Not the're not. You were saying he was a retard, that is not true. Yes he is a dumbarse, but not retarded. Real retarded people cannot help the way they are and do not deserve to be mocked.

And why bother to interfer with me cussin out this Pink_Beer punk for tellin him what a dunbass he is anyway?

Yes, he is a dumbarse, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of you accusing him of avoiding facts when you were doing the same.

Do you have anything else better to do than stalking me?

No. *waits for tanooki_john to take this seriously*

P.S. countpoopoo is not as noob, he has way more posts than you do. (and before you mention experience points, they mean nothing on the forums)

poop007
poop007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 01:41 PM

no this is a pokemon

pokemon fans only

SHIT-TANK
SHIT-TANK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 03:51 PM

this is a funny one

pokemon fans only

rawr

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 05:25 PM

At 3/28/05 09:49 AM, Labrador wrote: Pokemon Uncensored By: StrawberryClock

Strawberry clock? I dont know what HE is thinking about? I dont care about that! As for pokemon hentai, I think thats a step too far. Your just like Shit_Tank, trying to show yourself as avbadass. <sighs> It's too bad you had to end up as one of those iddiots.

pokemon fans only

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 05:31 PM

At 3/28/05 01:39 PM, SkyCube wrote:

I think your too late to tell me to get my facts straight cause they already are.
Not the're not. You were saying he was a retard, that is not true. Yes he is a dumbarse, but not retarded. Real retarded people cannot help the way they are and do not deserve to be mocked.

He is indeed a dumbarse and a retard. You are just avoiding facts as usual.

And why bother to interfer with me cussin out this Pink_Beer punk for tellin him what a dunbass he is anyway?
Yes, he is a dumbarse, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of you accusing him of avoiding facts when you were doing the same.

Yeah right.

Do you have anything else better to do than stalking me?
No. *waits for tanooki_john to take this seriously* countpoopoo is not as noob, he has way more posts than you do. (and before you mention experience points, they mean nothing on the forums)

I dont care about post counts. Worring about post counts are for true nOObs. Yes I think you do enjoy stalking me. Yes Count poopoo is indeed a nOOb and just as thickheaded as you are. I like my stats such as exp. points post counts and reviews just the way they are and am happy about it.

pokemon fans only

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 05:37 PM

At 3/28/05 03:56 PM, Pink_beer wrote: Well considering Pokemons target audience is the area of 6-10 (the age where children believe anything), you must be really fucked up if you really 28. I'm not generally flaming pokemon, but there must be something "dislodged" in your brain somewhere, but it seems you dont realise. This "obsession" with pokemon will waste your life away in to nothingness, unless it already has.

Kthnx.

If thats what you think, YOU must be messed up! NOT ME! Being a pokemon fan over 13 and up to even over 21+ dosent make anyone what you concider fucked up. Nothing is wrong with my brain at all. Being an adult pokemon fan dosent make you as an immature adult or someone who knows nothing about sex at all. If you dont like this topic, go bitch it somewhere else and not here.

pokemon fans only

BBS Signature
ZigZag
ZigZag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 05:47 PM

Don't mess up with my sig fucker!!!
Is 100,000 more cooler than yours!

pokemon fans only

Killha
Killha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 07:06 PM

You must really like him if you're bothering him every single mofuckin day!
Goddamn!!!!

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 07:11 PM

John, you're getting out of hand with the pictures now. I wasn't wanting to tell you, but with those sort of pictures you're uploading, you're making the problem worse.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 07:27 PM

That is one of my favourite flashes ever.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
ZigZag
ZigZag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 08:19 PM

At 3/28/05 07:27 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
That is one of my favourite flashes ever.

Lol! What pokemon do at night, that ash and brock pic was
gross

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 08:20 PM

At 3/28/05 08:19 PM, Labrador wrote: gross

Homophobic = homosexual.

Long story short, I'll get the lube! ;)

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
ZigZag
ZigZag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 09:57 PM

At 3/28/05 08:20 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 3/28/05 08:19 PM, Labrador wrote: gross

ZeroAsALimit = homosexual. (no offense man)

Long story short, I'll get the lube! ;)
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 09:58 PM

At 3/28/05 09:57 PM, Labrador wrote: ZeroAsALimit = homosexual. (no offense man)

None taken. But I DO love the cock. Like a rabid hyenia.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to pokemon fans only Mar. 28th, 2005 @ 11:41 PM

At 3/28/05 03:56 PM, Pink_beer wrote: Well considering Pokemons target audience is the area of 6-10 (the age where children believe anything), you must be really fucked up if you really 28. I'm not generally flaming pokemon, but there must be something "dislodged" in your brain somewhere, but it seems you dont realise. This "obsession" with pokemon will waste your life away in to nothingness, unless it already has.

There's a very clear line between someone who likes the Games (Known as Gamers) and someone who likes literally everything related to it (Fanboy/Fangirl).

Gamers play the game "Pocket Monsters" for the gameplay experience by building teams, forming strategies and challenging other people with teams they have worked on with hopes that things would work their favour. Even now I still find it a fun game.

The only thing outside the Games which I enjoy is the original "Dengeki" series, where no edits have been made by Viz which aims at a target audience of 12 to 14 due to its mild violence and humour geared at a more mature audience compared to the TV series obviously. And being an Artist as a hobby, I particularily enjoy the art style this artist uses for this comic.

But here's the part which made it all go wrong; Marketing. When the games became a Smash hit, Nintendo decided to milk the cash cows to their limit. And as a result, Pokemon started appearing on Lunch Boxes, Posters, Action Figures, Plastic Models, the infamous TCG, etc...

And then there's the TV show as well, where 4Kids and KidsWB were responsible for this screw-up like many dubs before and after it. As many of you might be able to guess, Cut Episodes (Such as the one with the Revolver slinging Warden, the one where Kojiro inflates his... er... fakes, etc...), cut scenes (Ones which may be too violent for kids below 12, the occasional slapping performed by Kasumi, etc...). As a result, they changed the once-high potential TV Make of the games into what resembles any generic stupid Kids' Cartoon.

Anyway, back to the issue between Gamers and Fanboys/Fangirls...

The Gamers like it only for the games, but the Fanboys/Fangirls are the ones who go far enough to start little clubs about the most rediculous things about it. But as most people know, Fanboys/Fangirls are the cause of making any series infamous for outsiders of the trade, which is a shame really, because they prevent potential gamers from playing the games in the first place.

What do others think about this?