Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 04:22 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
At 8/29/06 03:32 PM, -fremen13- wrote: Anyways, while I was looking I found this:

http://images.google..m/imgres?imgurl=http
Oooh, you found Google image search! Congradulations!
Lol, J/k :P

...thats mean.... *cries a little*

jk :P

It says here that Chow learned Kung-Fu from his father. I guess you were right in saying that most people think he learned Kung-Fu, and since most people think this, there must be some proof of such within his system, or otherwise they would just think it irrelevant.
I found a source that said the same thing but at the same time I don't see how it's possible having read a short history of him and his family (most notably his father). So the question is now: why would people say that Chow knew Kung Fu if he really didn't?

Thats a hard question...since hes dead, and these statements are rather old...

------------

I was looking for the difinition for "Kara-Ho" and found this, the link to the page is at the bottom of this post, the interview is four pages long, it's quite an interesting read even though the only part relavent to out discussion is at the bottom of page one.

thats interesting, since the word Kara means open or empty. Lets ask our Shihans if they know if they know a definition of the word Ho.

----------

CN: Professor Chow was also said to have been taught kung fu by his father, can you tell us about this?

EMPERADO: I'm not sure how much kung fu training Professor Chow had in his early years. When I knew him he would tell me of visions he had of his father and grandfather. In these visions they would reveal kung fu techniques to him.

CN: Visions?

EMPERADO: Yes, one particular time in about 1952 or 53 he told me that his grandfather had appeared to him in a dream. He said his grandfather showed him some techniques and told him that they were "Kara-Ho".

CN: What does "Kara-Ho" mean?

EMPERADO: Actually nothing. Karaho is a derogatory term in Spanish, but Chow never had a meaning for the word. He said Kara-Ho was what his grandfather told him to call the art. Before that, at different times he had called his school "Go Shin Jitsu Kai" or "Lighting Karate" or "Thunderbolt Karate".

...wow, what a coincidence...thats just really ironic.

I've heard of his art being called Go shin Jitsu Kai, but never as lightning or thunderbolt karate. We really are learning a lot because of these essays they made me write...

Is there proof of this interview being real and such? And is it from a reliable source?

Those are my first two reactions after reading this stuff...

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 04:32 PM, -fremen13- wrote: Thats a hard question...since hes dead, and these statements are rather old...

Indeed, though assuming the small part of the article that I posted is not a fallicy, I think it answers that question.

thats interesting, since the word Kara means open or empty. Lets ask our Shihans if they know if they know a definition of the word Ho.

That's not something my instructor would know, he's not into the history even as much as I am. At this point I think I know more about Kenpo history than he does but I'll ask him anyway, I don't see him till tomorrow so hopefully I'll remember.

Anyway, according to the article Chow never had a definition for Kara-Ho, so now I'm just getting confused. Mabye Chow didn't know what Kara meant? Of mabye it's a problem with translation? Or mabye something else???

What? You mean the part about Chow having thunderbolt is his arts name and me having never heard of that before? If so, then yes, quite a coincidence.

I've heard of his art being called Go shin Jitsu Kai, but never as lightning or thunderbolt karate. We really are learning a lot because of these essays they made me write...

I know, this is actually kinda fun :D

Is there proof of this interview being real and such? And is it from a reliable source?

I don't know, I gave you the link, it's the website of some karate school in Long Island. I guess we can say it's as reliable as any other source until proven otherwise?

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 04:57 PM Reply

So does finding an article in two places validate it?

Linky

If I find it anywhere else I let you know but spare you the link.

Sorry bout the double post.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 04:51 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
At 8/29/06 04:32 PM, -fremen13- wrote: thats interesting, since the word Kara means open or empty. Lets ask our Shihans if they know if they know a definition of the word Ho.
That's not something my instructor would know, he's not into the history even as much as I am. At this point I think I know more about Kenpo history than he does but I'll ask him anyway, I don't see him till tomorrow so hopefully I'll remember.

Anyway, according to the article Chow never had a definition for Kara-Ho, so now I'm just getting confused. Mabye Chow didn't know what Kara meant? Of mabye it's a problem with translation? Or mabye something else???

Yeah, I mean the translation problems between Japanese and Chinese never end, but Kara means Open or empty. Kara-te means literally open hand, or empty hand. Seeing that Chow was from Hawaii, but probably knew japan cuz he lived there for some years, he probably knows Japanese.

What? You mean the part about Chow having thunderbolt is his arts name and me having never heard of that before? If so, then yes, quite a coincidence.

Yes, that what I meant by ironic, and coincidence.

I know, this is actually kinda fun :D

This is getting fun.

I don't know, I gave you the link, it's the website of some karate school in Long Island. I guess we can say it's as reliable as any other source until proven otherwise?

true, its not like my sites are infinetely dependable.

Oh yeah, one more thing:

1000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 04:57 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote: So does finding an article in two places validate it?

Linky

If I find it anywhere else I let you know but spare you the link.

Sorry bout the double post.

thats fine, I guess it seems pretty valid, but we must also raise the example of all of those photoshopped pictures all over the internet. Once one guy has it on a website, ten others can't resist putting it up also.

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 04:59 PM, -fremen13- wrote: Yeah, I mean the translation problems between Japanese and Chinese never end, but Kara means Open or empty. Kara-te means literally open hand, or empty hand. Seeing that Chow was from Hawaii, but probably knew japan cuz he lived there for some years, he probably knows Japanese.

Yes, but more searching resulted in this:

link

And this:

link

Oh yeah, one more thing:

1000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY, CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!
*has little party in head then goes back to researching*

At 8/29/06 05:00 PM, -fremen13- wrote: thats fine, I guess it seems pretty valid, but we must also raise the example of all of those photoshopped pictures all over the internet. Once one guy has it on a website, ten others can't resist putting it up also.

Good point, so I guess it really doesn't validate it that much, but if something was known to be a blatent lie then other sites probably wouldn't be so eager to display them.

ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Dang it, links don't work.

I found an english to Japanese online translator, I'll just post the results:

Kara:

Results for 'Kara'
Japanese English
kara shell, husk, hull, chaff
kara emptiness
kara from, out of, through, by, at, since, because

Ho:

Results for 'Ho'
Japanese English
ho crawl, creep
ho ear (of plant), head (of plant)
ho shop, store
ho a step, a stride
ho guarantee
ho sail

Now I'll go look for a Chinese to English translator just in case.

Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 05:19 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote: Dang it, links don't work.

I found an english to Japanese online translator, I'll just post the results:

Some of those look iffy, but suitable enough.

Now I'll go look for a Chinese to English translator just in case.

Don't even try it. All of this is in Japanese, and not Chinese, even though he calls it his Chinese kara-ho school (/style).

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 05:14 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
At 8/29/06 05:00 PM, -fremen13- wrote: thats fine, I guess it seems pretty valid, but we must also raise the example of all of those photoshopped pictures all over the internet. Once one guy has it on a website, ten others can't resist putting it up also.
Good point, so I guess it really doesn't validate it that much, but if something was known to be a blatent lie then other sites probably wouldn't be so eager to display them.

Sorry about double post but I could bring up the exact same point you are with the evidence of whether he learned Kung-Fu from his Dad or not.

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 06:47 PM, -fremen13- wrote: Sorry about double post but I could bring up the exact same point you are with the evidence of whether he learned Kung-Fu from his Dad or not.

HOW DARE YOU USE MY LOGIC AGAINST ME!!!
Why I aught to post a link to meat spin and tell you it's something else!

lol

Yeah okay, good point.

Yeah, I looked for a little bit for any Chinese translation but came up with nothing...

Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 06:53 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
At 8/29/06 06:47 PM, -fremen13- wrote: Sorry about double post but I could bring up the exact same point you are with the evidence of whether he learned Kung-Fu from his Dad or not.
HOW DARE YOU USE MY LOGIC AGAINST ME!!!
Why I aught to post a link to meat spin and tell you it's something else!
lol
Yeah okay, good point.

....scary

Yeah, I looked for a little bit for any Chinese translation but came up with nothing...

All of these words are japanese since Mitose was Japanese.

Have you noticed that we basically own this whole entire page in posts?

I wonder what DSM will say next about these posts.

quick recap of DSMs rants:

1) Mono's Books
2) Fremen's Encyclopedia

lol, jk DSM, you know we don't mind ....

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Satanic-Samurai
Satanic-Samurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Wow..you guys have been busy. We have an entire page of nothing but Fremen and Thunder's posts so I figured I would stop the post pattern you guys have going.

Since Kenpo isnt my thing and I dont know shit about it I dont have much to add to your conversation. But something Thunder wrote caught my attention. You said that this master was a "half breed" so traditionally he wouldnt be taught Kung Fu. In that time teaching women martial arts was more taboo than teaching half breed men. Especially in Asian countries. The woman that came up with Wing Chun wasnt only female, but she was a servent for a wealthy family. For her to learn MA or to teach it would be very unheard of during her time. What Im getting at is that tradition can, and has been broken many times. It could be possible that this guy was taught kung fu, but since he is dead and there isnt much proof its just speculation.

Keep in mind that most arts claim to be the very first and the origin of all other arts and they have a million different versions of their history. Since we dont live in their time and its very doubtful that anyone here witnessed their art in the making its going to be very hard to prove up the true origin and history. I can sit here all day long and tell you about the different versions Hapkido history has, but that would be time wasted.

Fremen did an excellent job on his essay, he told the version of the history that he believes.

DSM-

Who said that their art was the best for self defense? I dont remember anyone saying that but if they did please correct me.

ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 06:58 PM, -fremen13- wrote: All of these words are japanese since Mitose was Japanese.

Yeah, probably, I just thought I'd try Chinese seeing as though we are talking about Chinese Kenpo, and as I posted before Chow named his style Kara-Ho to make sure that eceryone knew it was a Chinese art and not American. But I'll have double check that piece of information.

Have you noticed that we basically own this whole entire page in posts?

24 out of 27 of the posts on this page so far (including this one) have been made by either you or I.

I wonder what DSM will say next about these posts.

quick recap of DSMs rants:

1) Mono's Books
2) Fremen's Encyclopedia

lol, jk DSM, you know we don't mind ....

lol, I just can't wait to hear all the comments about how everyone gave up on reading anything on this page after the first few posts we made, except Mono, he'll read them all.
But just the thought makes me smile like this :D

InumaAsahiDe
InumaAsahiDe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 08:38 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote:

In that time teaching women martial arts was more taboo than teaching half breed men. Especially in Asian countries.

I don't want to sound mean or anything but you are somewhat wrong. It was actually only taboo to teach women certain arts, Kenpo and kendo as the two major. But in all truthfullness women and the martial arts was more prodomanat than you think before and during the time period we have been discussing, or fremen and Thunder have anyway.

Take Japan for example. Priestess had to learn how to fight to some degree. They were to protect their temple after all so they were taught an art that pertained to them. It was simpley know as the Miko form which is the Japanese weird for Preistess. So in that respect women were allowed to train, although their form is not reconized as being a Martial Art. So in that aspect you are right, they did no martial arts but they did learn to fight.

ThunderboltLegion
ThunderboltLegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 8/29/06 08:38 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote: But something Thunder wrote caught my attention. You said that this master was a "half breed" so traditionally he wouldnt be taught Kung Fu. In that time teaching women martial arts was more taboo than teaching half breed men. Especially in Asian countries.

I don't dispute that but that doesn't mean that William Chow was likely to have been taught Kung Fu regardless.

Keep in mind that most arts claim to be the very first and the origin of all other arts and they have a million different versions of their history. Since we dont live in their time and its very doubtful that anyone here witnessed their art in the making its going to be very hard to prove up the true origin and history.

No doubt, but when we have access to facts that could at least lead to educated guesses then there's no reason to accept a version that may not be true.

I can sit here all day long and tell you about the different versions Hapkido history has, but that would be time wasted.

No, that would be interesting!

dsmking
dsmking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 29th, 2006 @ 11:38 PM Reply

Yo fremen this question is mainly directed towards you since i know you are in love with Parker.

One of his forms(which is my favorite kempo forms) is called Chiparoori(or something like that) which translates into "Enemy invasion causing formal bloodshed". Is that the correct spelling or am i wrong.

And you guys know me to well. YOu fucking posted novels. It hurts to read your random stupid ass post. Joking.

And people have put down the traditional arts as a self defense satanic but they dont say it sucks. Just not practical.

TWO MORE THINGS!!!!

One relates to martial arts one not so but still does.

1. Another forum i go to is run by a martial artist and he is currently working on links quest for ass 3. If you seen the first 2 they are awesome if not WATCH THEM!!!!

Anyways there is a martial arts usergroup there so if you want to join it please do. I am in charge of it but its really just so he doesnt have to worry about it. But if you want to join the forum and then PM once you do. Here is the link. Blue wolf studios

Also this has kinda been buggin me lately. It seems to me as days go buy the arts are dying. every day another school sells out and every day people put up with it. Some of us go to a school for years and then it changes to what you dont think the school should be and you put up with it due to the fact you are loyal to your school.

But in 5 to 10 years this is what i see happening. All martial arts schools will be the same. Sold out and no longer any true to their styles. Now dont get me wrong there will be a few but the arts are dying. Even in the homelands of their arts they are being sold out.

A student at my TKD school was telling me that even in Korea the schools are selling out as well. I just can't stand that this is happening. I mean soon a school will be run by a person who was decieved in what their art really is.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club
And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature
Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 30th, 2006 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 8/29/06 08:43 PM, ThunderboltLegion wrote: lol, I just can't wait to hear all the comments about how everyone gave up on reading anything on this page after the first few posts we made, except Mono, he'll read them all.

WTF?! Crap! ....... I've become predictable! :O

Yes I read the whole thing!! LOL !

....... And you and fr13 have short memories. I don't know what Ho would mean in the world of Kenpo, but I already told you guys (very recently) about Ho-Jitsu.

Translation: Jitsu = Way of the / Ho = Gun.

With regards to schools that begin to teach their students about weapons techniques, it's not just the techniques that are important. Instructors must be able to instill the proper mind-set to those students when learning weapons techniques........ especially when it comes to knives & guns.

You brought up this topic right before you and Thunder hijacked the entire page. LOL !
Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 30th, 2006 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 8/30/06 11:25 AM, Monocrom wrote:
Translation: Jitsu = Way of the / Ho = Gun.

Oh yeah....So Kara-Ho means "empty gun"? I'm sure thats not what Chow had in mind...

To: fr13-

With regards to schools that begin to teach their students about weapons techniques, it's not just the techniques that are important. Instructors must be able to instill the proper mind-set to those students when learning weapons techniques........ especially when it comes to knives & guns.

You brought up this topic right before you and Thunder hijacked the entire page. LOL !

Yeah, that what I meant, the whole midset of that. My shihan had to talk about this to some of the newer blackbelts. I really hope most other schools help put the student in a different mindset like we do, because its so important...

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Satanic-Samurai
Satanic-Samurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 12:12 AM Reply

Hey guys. Just dropping in real quick to ask a question.

Im familiar with Korean terminology and a few other languages, but not Chinese. I havent done too much in Chinese arts. So could one of our Chinese practioners tell me what the traditional name of your place of study is? Korean its dojang, Japanese its Dojo, what the fuck is it in Chinese? This has been bothering me to the point of insanity since my friend brought it up today.

I might know the answer to my question already, or I might be clueless, but its just not coming to me right now. Someone help me out.

InumaAsahiDe
InumaAsahiDe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 12:28 AM Reply

At 8/29/06 11:38 PM, dsmking wrote:
Also this has kinda been buggin me lately. It seems to me as days go buy the arts are dying. every day another school sells out and every day people put up with it. Some of us go to a school for years and then it changes to what you dont think the school should be and you put up with it due to the fact you are loyal to your school.

But in 5 to 10 years this is what i see happening. All martial arts schools will be the same. Sold out and no longer any true to their styles. Now dont get me wrong there will be a few but the arts are dying. Even in the homelands of their arts they are being sold out.

A student at my TKD school was telling me that even in Korea the schools are selling out as well. I just can't stand that this is happening. I mean soon a school will be run by a person who was decieved in what their art really is.

it is very true DMS, schools are losing there value because people no longer want the martial arts, they instead want entertainment, they want to be Jackie Chan (Not that he is a bad Martial Artist but he focuses more on tricks these past few years), the people today want to be Chuck Norris and he himself has told me that he would rather them want to be like their home sensi. Not his words exactly but thats what he said.

They also want to be Roland Osborn, the Go-To warrior, but what they don't realize that although this people are cool martial artist they all were at one time simple martial artist who later took their art into the world to spread the word. Unfortunantly they too had to bend to the masses and by bending they lost their artform. but it is still their, we just have to find the one who will bring it back. A Martial Arts Massia so to speak.

Flying-J
Flying-J
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 01:09 AM Reply

Hey guys just for the my sake...lets go over how each of you defines selling out.

Often times I see people saying that schools have sold out when some of things they are doing just make good business sense. An example being picking up kids from school.

Whats wrong with it? How exactly is it selling out in anyway?

If the child is going to go to class that day at 4:30 and they get out of school at 3:00 it does make some sensei to pick them up. That way the parent is not inconvienced when they get home at 4, get little Jimmy ready for karate and rush out the door at 4:15.

Now dont get me wrong I dont believe that Martial arts is babysitting and that schools should. However, if it makes good business sense and you keep students...its a smart move.

Satanic-Samurai
Satanic-Samurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 02:02 AM Reply

At 8/31/06 01:09 AM, Flying_J wrote: Hey guys just for the my sake...lets go over how each of you defines selling out.

Often times I see people saying that schools have sold out when some of things they are doing just make good business sense. An example being picking up kids from school.

If the child is going to go to class that day at 4:30 and they get out of school at 3:00 it does make some sensei to pick them up. That way the parent is not inconvienced when they get home at 4, get little Jimmy ready for karate and rush out the door at 4:15.

Now dont get me wrong I dont believe that Martial arts is babysitting and that schools should. However, if it makes good business sense and you keep students...its a smart move.

Yeah...hun...I hate to do this, but I have to. You said sensei instead of sense again. I am laughing at you...I really am.

The problem with pick up services is that it acts as an after school day care program for parents to pawn their kids off at. Personally, I think there are a few things wrong with this, but I would much rather have my children (if I had any) go to an after school MA program than I would an after school day care center filled with supposed child care certified employees that could abuse my kids. At least an MA program will do my kids some good and I'll probably know the people there. Im not saying that martial artists are less likely to play dress up with little Timmy than other people, we know this is not the case after seeing the Jon Boyd incident.

As far as martial art schools selling out- This is something that is happening a lot lately. Times are tough and the economy isnt so great, when has it ever been, so people have to do what they can do make it in the world. And sometimes this means selling out and coming up with new selling features. I was discussing this with my new Hapkido family this past weekend. There are TKD school in our area that offer TKD, in really big letters, and then they offer JKD, and Kali, and Hapkido, and Kung fu. All of these in increasingly small letters. TKD grabs their attention because everyone knows what it is, and then they go down the line of martial arts until you find the one that catches your interest and you sign up.

There are people out there that need self defense and are trying to find it, but thats going to be hard when all you can find are gymnastic schools that say martial art on the sign. Martial arts should stick to their roots somewhat. Evolution can either make, or break an art.

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 8/31/06 12:28 AM, InumaAsahiDe wrote: Unfortunantly they too had to bend to the masses and by bending they lost their artform.

Chuck Norris was once asked what he thought about using kicks in a real-world self defense situation. He responded that he felt it was a bad idea. When the interviewer asked him how he could possibly say that when he himself used spin-kicks in his show "Walker, Texas Ranger," Norris replied that he used them because "That's what my fans expect to see."

Now here's a man who understands how the entertainment business works. Jackie Chan has the same understanding. The masses want to see the fancy shit! Either give it to them, or kiss your career good-bye!

Also, I learned a few years ago how Jackie Chan was trained. It would easily fall under the heading of Child Abuse. Yeah, he's a great martial artist; but he went through some sick shit!

CannibalCorpseFreak
CannibalCorpseFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 12:48 PM Reply

So what did I miss during my 3-day ban? I'm itching (not literally) to find out.

Seahawks are NFL champs, baby. WHOO!
Soldier for the NG Mafia | Read my News Posts, and for the love of randomness, leave a comment.
XBL Gamertag: TwistedLeopard

BBS Signature
Sk8erGirl14
Sk8erGirl14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 8/31/06 01:09 AM, Flying_J wrote:

that sounds very creepy to me... O.o? I dont think I would like such a thing, if I had kids, my day would never be too busy to spend time with them and pick them up from school...but that's just me...

selling out to me would be all the following :
1) Advancing students when they do not meet requirements to advance, but they pay the testing fees...

2) Pressuring students to buy things when you dont necessarily need them...

3) Pressuring students to recruit new students without any kind of reward...

4) Quality of instruction decreases with the number of students...(varies depending on instructor)

these things would qualify someone "selling out" to me...

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god
Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature
Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I agree with Redfox, but you would have to have multiple things on that list to sell out to me....

Mono: what exactly did Jackie Chan go through?

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Pidgeonjohn
Pidgeonjohn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 03:07 PM Reply

hi there, i was just wondering if you wouldnt mind a new member? I've been doing karate for just over a year now, and i thought it would be cool to talk to other martial artists

Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 8/31/06 03:07 PM, Pidgeonjohn wrote: hi there, i was just wondering if you wouldnt mind a new member? I've been doing karate for just over a year now, and i thought it would be cool to talk to other martial artists

Any new member is welcome here.

Tell us more about your Karate School.

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature
Pidgeonjohn
Pidgeonjohn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 03:15 PM Reply

well, its not really a school, so much as a club, but its pretty good, over the past year i havent really trained a huge amount, like 2 hours a week, but ive just started training a lot more, like 10 hours a week, plus home training. my sensei is an alright guy i guess, but a lot of the sempais are a bit young. but im not complaining

Fremen
Fremen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Aug. 31st, 2006 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 8/31/06 03:15 PM, Pidgeonjohn wrote: well, its not really a school, so much as a club, but its pretty good, over the past year i havent really trained a huge amount, like 2 hours a week, but ive just started training a lot more, like 10 hours a week, plus home training. my sensei is an alright guy i guess, but a lot of the sempais are a bit young. but im not complaining

What belt are you?

NGMAC
NG Naruto RP Crew
PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature