Tsuchiya
Tsuchiya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 2nd, 2006 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 2/2/06 02:24 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 2/2/06 12:02 AM, livewire1500 wrote: A lost club rule is to put a link to the club in your sig but not everyone does that. Wel hope you post here again.

i didnt know that was a rule, ill get right on that.

mono: i can understand what you mean by not wanting to teach, and i think you can understand why i would want to teach. oh, and my friend wants me to say that the homemade art is a combo of jeet kun do and aikido, and i guess he found what you said as a little disrespectful, though i know you didnt mean that so im tring to get him to see what you mean more, but its kinda hard. also, it is for swordmanship, and since no one goes around with swords i dont think it would be the most practical self defense art, but it really does help with getting people ready for a actual fight situation, since most of the art is taught through sparring, with little bits of strategy through into to it, it sounds like it wouldnt work to well, but if you get down the bit of strategy fairly well it starts to come naturally when you do the sparing (which is full speed full contact, and we quit when we get too hurt to fight on or too tired), but i guess you might be right about no one wanting to take a art they have never heard of before..

shin: i got a idea for the sig, we can put a japanese kanji for budo, which i think means just martial arts, but im not a kanji expert, i thought just having a symbol for martial art would be easier than something specific to each person. but if your gonna make multiple sigs, then a symbol per each area would be good too, like mono's rapier and katana making a X for one, a karate sign for another, a TKD for nother, and a ninjutus thing for another, just something simple that can be broadly shown through each art, and some non specific yin-yang or somthing for other arts that arnt represented, it doesnt need every single symbol for every single art on one does it?

Bi0Reaper
Bi0Reaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 2nd, 2006 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 1/18/06 11:22 PM, Monocrom wrote:
Sorry. Definitely your best bet would be to ask your Sifu about maintaining balance. Actually, if he doesn't mind, could you share that info with us?

The one about rice soup sounds very healthy!........ I know I could stand to lose a few inches off my waist. ;)

Hi, Its been a while, but I have been sick:( Anyway, the info for the kicks? If your kicking at waist level, for more power, balance, and other such stuff, when you kick, twist your upper body the opposite of the way your kicking. Try it, i'll bet you'll feel different :D And the rice soup recipe i have yet to get from him, but its more of an internal healthy. If it made you lose weight, I would have a Bruce Lee figure right now! :D So yeah, if you have any martial arts weight loss tips, i'd love to hear about them :) My flash maker got deleted, and my disk got sat on, so i'm screwed for that, sorry:( I could just post instructions or something for making nunchaku, but I am going to try and find a better method for putting the chain on, since i broke mine:( Anyway, I will check the posts later, happy training till then!

British Columbians: Speak out against the new meal tax or you'll be paying 7% tax on top of the 5% you already pay. http://www2.nomealtax.ca/

Semi-Shinro
Semi-Shinro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 2nd, 2006 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 2/2/06 03:54 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: Shin - Below is an example of what I meant about the somewhat universally accepted symbol of R.B.S.D.; but perhaps a better idea would be a Katana crossed with a Renaissance blade. Such as the one shown in this link - http://www.coldsteel.com/88sms.html Perhaps we could use the crossed swords on the extreme left-side of the new club Sig. Let me know what you think of that idea.

Hmmm... Interesting... That could be possible, but perhaps my little universal sig idea is a little far fetched. I don't mean that it'll be impossible to do, just a very time consuming task which we don't know who has the skill or patience to do it for us... I can attempt it, or perhaps, even ask one of the old club artists if they'd mind attempting it(Akula or Carmelhadinsaur for example). There is no guarantee though... Can you think of any alternate solutions?

At 2/2/06 08:15 PM, Tsuchiya wrote: shin: i got a idea for the sig, we can put a japanese kanji for budo, which i think means just martial arts, but im not a kanji expert, i thought just having a symbol for martial art would be easier than something specific to each person. but if your gonna make multiple sigs, then a symbol per each area would be good too, like mono's rapier and katana making a X for one, a karate sign for another, a TKD for nother, and a ninjutus thing for another, just something simple that can be broadly shown through each art, and some non specific yin-yang or somthing for other arts that arnt represented, it doesnt need every single symbol for every single art on one does it?

Hmmm... Not a bad Idea, but then people may think we lean more to the oriental martial arts, which is not a message which I wish people to get. Hmmm... Your idea gave me gave me one though.

Perhaps we can ask members to request a sig from one of the sigmaker crews with the following:

*Insert username here*, Member of The Martial Arts Club
*Insert style name here*
*Insert official style symbol*
and leave the rest up to the requester and sigmaker.

What does everyone think of this idea?

It’d be nice if we could make 1 symbol to represent his club, but I have no idea on how to begin to make it… Does anyone have any ideas for this as well?

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 2nd, 2006 @ 11:06 PM Reply

At 2/2/06 08:15 PM, Tsuchiya wrote:

mono: i can understand what you mean by not wanting to teach, and i think you can understand why i would want to teach. oh, and my friend wants me to say that the homemade art is a combo of jeet kun do and aikido, and i guess he found what you said as a little disrespectful, though i know you didnt mean that so im tring to get him to see what you mean more, but its kinda hard. also, it is for swordmanship, and since no one goes around with swords i dont think it would be the most practical self defense art, but it really does help with getting people ready for a actual fight situation, since most of the art is taught through sparring, with little bits of strategy through into to it, it sounds like it wouldnt work to well, but if you get down the bit of strategy fairly well it starts to come naturally when you do the sparing (which is full speed full contact, and we quit when we get too hurt to fight on or too tired), but i guess you might be right about no one wanting to take a art they have never heard of before..

I can definitely understand why you want to teach! If a good friend asked me for self-defense instruction, I'd teach him. Thanks for understanding why I don't want to teach. I really don't want to deal with the AVERAGE person who takes R.B.S.D.; basically a macho jerk who won't pay attention to the legal aspect of using R.B.S.D. and will just keep on bugging me to show him the "killer moves." I'm also glad you understand that I was just being honest & realistic with your friend. No disrespect was intended. Considering that your friend's Art is a hybrid-system, he would definitely be better off at taking JKD, getting to instructor-level, and then introducing his hybrid Art. (I say JKD because of that particular Art's history. It's instructors are generaly more open to the concept of new hybrid Arts, being introduced)........... If he just tries to enter the Martial Arts community as an instructor of this hybrid Art, no one will take him seriously! Nothing personal, ANYONE trying to do the same thing would get the same type of un-welcomed reception! If you explain it to him that way, perhaps he will understand what I mean. The preparedness for actual situations and the full-contact sparring are definitely good signs! Swordsmanship is only practical in a home-defense setting, in places where legally owning a firearm is forbidden; like NYC........ As for putting a link to the club in my Sig, I don't like clicking on blind links. I believe a lot of NG users feel that way too. I do however make sure to promote the club in my posts, usually on the General forum, whenever I encounter a user talking about a martial arts or self-defense related question. (I currently have Denvish's level-calculator in my Sig, but it's just there for my own personal reference).

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 2nd, 2006 @ 11:34 PM Reply

Sorry for the double-post......... To: BIOReaper - Hey, welcome back! Thanks for the info on kicking. Yes, I'm still interested in that soup recipe. Sorry to hear about your nunchaku, flash-maker and disk! (Damn, that sucks). As for losing weight, I usually just walk up & down Manhattan Island; at least 80 blocks. Do that several times, you WILL see results! ........... To: Shin - I'm starting to believe that a universal Sig, for the club, will be very difficult; but not impossible. No offense Shin, but the only club member who's artistic skill I am aware of is -Akula's-. I must admit to being very impressed with his skills! ........... As for an alternate solution? I think you came up with the best one, further down your last post; when you responded to what Tsuchiya posted. Let me know which of the 2 ideas you decide to settle on.

Tsuchiya
Tsuchiya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 12:11 AM Reply

i like shins second idea, though if we do that we should probably warn the SSM or whoever that the whole club is gonna be asking for one, to give him time to prepare or just be ready for it, it could be a little overwhelming to him if like 7 or so people ask for sigs all at once.

mono: ive been hsowing my friend the club and what everyone (by that i mean you and shin) has to say on it, and i havent shown him your most recent post, ill wait till tommorrow to do that, im sure he'll be pleased though, he wants to take a art at the community colledge where he lives anyway and they teach JKD there so he cant get too mad at what youve said. i managed to get him to calm down before anyway, so he'll have to be pleased with what you said. ive also tried getting him to join the club but he hasnt even made a account on newgrounds yet and i dont think he will. thanks again

blamurai
blamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 01:36 AM Reply

Yo homies what's shakin' lol Just got on duty, I'll be on all night, SO any bodyh here besides Faces andMono I don't know? Mono, thanx for the concern about corrections... butat the same time.. they make decent money, and all the places by me are considered, STATE JOBS... and with state jobs come State Benifits, hell just starting out a third shift is $17, and after a year a minimum dollar raise, and hell
that is good enuff for me and considering the stories I have heard from my fiance's dad, they could use someone with my experience in controling holds and shit, and what not that it took nine guys with batons to control a guy who was 165 and '5 "3 I was like wow, and said something to make martial arts ound superior like "you don't need to hit anybody to make them behave, just bend their arm the right way lol and as to your post with the coldsteel link you should see the tactical tanto Ka-bar has

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and FUCK the prom queen!
OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 02:49 AM Reply

To: Tsuchiya - I too am starting to feel that Shin's 2nd idea is probably best. But I'm not quite willing to completely give up on the concept of a universal club Sig pic. However, I do agree that the entire club going into the SSMR all at once = Bad idea! I guess we can decide later on which of us goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc......... I'm always happy to help out, whenever I can. I'm sure that your friend will understand what I meant, when he sees my previous post. I'm glad you were able to calm him down. (Sadly, even in the real world lately, people keep misunderstanding what I mean). I can understand if your friend isn't into NG. But the accounts are free, and it's an open-club. Let him know he can stop by anytime he wants to.......... To: blamurai - Well, if it's State Jobs in your area, that's definitely a plus to consider! I can guarantee that your job would be treated as a joke, in NYC! Good to hear that things are different where you work. But don't make the mistake of underestimating someone who's small! People who are mentally-ill can be unbelievably violent and immune to pain. I recently ran across a true story of a 5-foot homeless lady who savagely, with only her bare-hands, attacked policemen before, during, and after being arrested. One of the cops broke his baton across her face! She STILL kept coming! She even picked up the broken piece of the baton, and stabbed another officer in the leg with the splintered end! Just because someone looks frail & helpless, don't ever underestimate them bro! .......... But I have seen the tanto knife you're talking about. It does look good! But I honestly prefer Stainless steel over Carbon steel.

blamurai
blamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 04:51 AM Reply

Iam sorry to be asking but what exactly was shins Idea inthe first place

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 05:19 AM Reply

At 2/3/06 04:51 AM, blamurai wrote: Iam sorry to be asking but what exactly was shins Idea inthe first place

Creating a universal Sig that all the members of the club could wear. (Very difficult, but not completely impossible)......... 2nd idea is, we all get individual new Sigs emphasising our Art and having "NG Martial Arts club" in all of those Sigs. (Also difficult, but not as much as trying to incorporate all of our styles into one Sig).

blamurai
blamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 2/3/06 05:19 AM, Monocrom wrote:
At 2/3/06 04:51 AM, blamurai wrote: Iam sorry to be asking but what exactly was shins Idea inthe first place
Creating a universal Sig that all the members of the club could wear. (Very difficult, but not completely impossible)......... 2nd idea is, we all get individual new Sigs emphasising our Art and having "NG Martial Arts club" in all of those Sigs. (Also difficult, but not as much as trying to incorporate all of our styles into one Sig).

that would not be bad,hell I all ready have an Idea if we could get some one to do itm, I would ask for the south Korean Flag but hyped up a little with a stylish um-yang like Shin's, that would be the Background to rep where my art is from, And my name would be in the center in white syle kanji, and undeneath it would be my rank and the Saying "PIL SEUNG" Certain victory through Strenght and Courage in a smaller text it would be a great format for everbody flag to rep the style, name rank and a saying all with a link to this club nestled inside..?
Whaddaya think not a bad basic format right, just have to find a sig maker who will do it

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

blamurai
blamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 05:53 AM Reply

Okay, on closer inspection... Shin's sig would not be bad for a Background and then if we listed our name discipline, rank in kick ass kanji based text and a logo like ... IDk an um yang: Red over blue yin yang and in front of it says NG Martial Arts Club? sorry for the 2x er

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 02:51 PM Reply

To: blamurai - Your idea sounds good, if it is decided that we go with Shin's 2nd idea for multiple club Sigs. But Shin already posted that he doesn't want other NG users to get the impression that we ONLY emphasis the Oriental Martial Arts. However, your idea got me thinking that it would be best if all of us could agree on one particular font; if we go with the multiple Sig idea............ To: Shin - I did come up with an idea for making 1 symbol to represent this club. How about something abstract? (That way we avoid the problem of one symbol that will be all-inclusive of the styles which ALL of the club members study). One possibility is to go into the SSMR, let those artists know that we would like an abstract symbol for the club, and ask if one of them could create an abstract symbol based on an emphasis of Martial Arts & Self-Defense. What do you think?

Semi-Shinro
Semi-Shinro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Wow... We got ideaz!!!!1!

Ok, how about we test some of these ideas and see what the results are.

To Mono and Blamurai: Your ideas' about about the Club logo sound pretty good, especially the abstract logo idea. How about we ask SSMR, politely, to give it a shot. We don't need it in a hurry, so just ask them to give it a shot when they have the time to. Depending on how well the logo design goes, we'll figure out what to do about the sigs from there.

To BIOReaper: Sorry to here about the disk and the flash... I was looking forward to watching it, but it's still good to have you back. I, myself, have been trying to design a good pair of kamas, but using AutoCAD is a little bit harder than I remember it being. It's amazing what one can make with the resources around one's own home.

To Everyone: How is everyone's training going? Have any interesting events happened or have you learned anything useful? I'm stuck doing P.F.T.'s (physical fitness tests) for the next couple days, so all I'll be learning is how fast my reaction time is on my techniques and how many pushups, sit-ups, punches, and kicks I can do in a certain amount of time. I admit it's interesting to know, but I'd rather be trying new techniques and self-defense situations.

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 05:04 PM Reply

To: Shin - Glad to see that you like my idea for an abstract club symbol. One question though; do you want me to ask the SSMR to do it, or will you be handling that. Normaly, I'd have no problem making a request at the SSMR. But -Akula- only very recently made my current Sig. I don't think it would be appropriate to make another request so soon. If you do want me to handle it, I feel it would be appropriate for me to wait one more week before asking that club's members. Also, it might be a good idea if we could decide on how big the symbol should be, how many pixels, before making the request. Let me know your thoughts on this.......... As for training, mine has slowed down a bit. It's been awhile since I've been able to add something new to my bag; as far as R.B.S.D. is concerned. But I am excited about the arrival of a new book to my personal library. (It's actually been a few years since I've added a significant piece to my collection). It's called, "The Martial Arts of Renaissance Europe" by: Sydney Anglo. It is THE book on the subject. If you just want to read it, your best bet for finding a copy is a University library! It deals more with historical perspective, but there should be some references to actual techniques & tactics, in the book. It should be here in a couple of days! ............ Also, I'm working on a self-defense situation that the club members could discuss. I just need some time to finalize the details.

BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 2/3/06 04:31 PM, Semi-Shinro wrote: To Everyone: How is everyone's training going? Have any interesting events happened or have you learned anything useful? I'm stuck doing P.F.T.'s (physical fitness tests) for the next couple days, so all I'll be learning is how fast my reaction time is on my techniques and how many pushups, sit-ups, punches, and kicks I can do in a certain amount of time. I admit it's interesting to know, but I'd rather be trying new techniques and self-defense situations.

Yeah, tests are a pain in the ass, but, they've gotta be done. As one of my masters used to say, no good knowledge is ever earned easily. For instance, wanna learn how to block a certain attack? Gotta learn it and do it a thousand times before it becomes a reflex. Nothing worth having in this world is ever easy to get, like a million dollars, or friendship, or sex...scratch that last one.

Tsuchiya
Tsuchiya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 08:19 PM Reply

i just found out about a documentary is being made about ninjutsu, this is all ive found though, but it looks credible but i cant find any official site or anything for it either, you guys be the judge ninjutsu shinobis : 34th generation of the wind the old guy in their is Soke masaaki Hatsumi, and if you look closely you can see he has shuko on his hands which are traditional weapons that is taught in ninjutsu.

thats mostly what i wanted to say, because training in ninjutsu is almost the same (he shows us a technique and some variations on it, then we practice them and make up our own variations). i have another class in about an hour and a half, and i wanted to wait till then might i might go out tonight and might not get a chance to post till tommorrow. and does anyone have any advice for holding back long hair? i have little ties to hold most of it back, but my bangs arnt long enough to reach the ties, so i dont know what to do, i could tuck them behind my ear and hope they dont fall out, but i get thrown around alot and we do dodge rolls, so thye will probably fall out, any advice though? its not too important, i got the rest of my hair tied up (so no more landing on it and tearing some out, which ive done) it would just be nice if one of you could tell me how to keep my bangs out of my eyes..

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 08:52 PM Reply

To: Lundi - Actually, it's easy to make a millyion bucks. Here's what I learned from the Security Guard industry in NYC : 1) Open up an office. 2) Advertise for Security Guards. 3) Find clients who you can fool into thinking that your services will actually be useful. 4) Pay your Guards shitty wages! 5) Tell them to basically stand around and be human-scarecrows with eyes. 6) Emphasis to them to make sure things go smoothly, everyday, even if there's actually a problem! 7) Sit back as you collect your cut from the work your Guards are doing. (Like a legal version of being a Pimp)........... You think I'm joking! The owner & president of the last Security company I worked for, he used to send EVERY guard a picture of himself & his happy family; at Christmas time! No, not as PART of the guards' Christmas bonus; that was our ENTIRE bonus!! (And what really pisses me off is that he probably thinks of himself as a decent human-being; instead of an out-of-touch-with-reality snob)! ............ I could easily have a million dollars; but then DSM would actually be correct when he acussed me of being an Ass! .............. To: Tsuchiya - Thanks for the link, but the video kept constantly pausing on its own. Sorry, but I can't offer ant advice on holding back long hair. (I usually wear mine short). If it really becomes a problem, shave it off! (Just kidding! But I guess it is one EXTREME option).

BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 2/3/06 08:52 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: Lundi - Actually, it's easy to make a millyion bucks. Here's what I learned from the Security Guard industry in NYC : 1) Open up an office. 2) Advertise for Security Guards. 3) Find clients who you can fool into thinking that your services will actually be useful. 4) Pay your Guards shitty wages! 5) Tell them to basically stand around and be human-scarecrows with eyes. 6) Emphasis to them to make sure things go smoothly, everyday, even if there's actually a problem! 7) Sit back as you collect your cut from the work your Guards are doing. (Like a legal version of being a Pimp)........... You think I'm joking! The owner & president of the last Security company I worked for, he used to send EVERY guard a picture of himself & his happy family; at Christmas time! No, not as PART of the guards' Christmas bonus; that was our ENTIRE bonus!! (And what really pisses me off is that he probably thinks of himself as a decent human-being; instead of an out-of-touch-with-reality snob)! ............ I could easily have a million dollars; but then DSM would actually be correct when he acussed me of being an Ass! ..............

Well, if you tried that, besides DSM being right in calling you an ass, you'd have to compete with a shitload of other Security Guard services, and you can't make your guards supremely cheap, that's illegal because it can create a monopoly. There are many, many more complications in running a Security Gurad service and actually make money off of it than that. Sure, written down it seems simple, but not many people can actually pull it off.

dsmking
dsmking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Teaching is not for everyone Only few people can do it, and only few want to do it. It depends on the person entirely. Myself I live for teaching. It is a major part i am. Now some people i teach may not be good at it but that does not mean i teach them anyless. It is something you definitely only do if you can do it.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club
And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature
Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 2/3/06 08:56 PM, BigLundi wrote:

Well, if you tried that, besides DSM being right in calling you an ass, you'd have to compete with a shitload of other Security Guard services, and you can't make your guards supremely cheap, that's illegal because it can create a monopoly. There are many, many more complications in running a Security Gurad service and actually make money off of it than that. Sure, written down it seems simple, but not many people can actually pull it off.

You're right about the competition. But if I Low-ball every other company, I'd get clients easily. By cheap, I meant paying the guards about a buck over minimum wage. Actually, in NYC anyway, it's really not that complicated to run a Security company. Once you factor in the cost of a state license, rent for the office, office supplies, and uniforms for your guards; the rest is really not that difficult to pull off! ........ But you're right about not many people being able to pull it off. You need Greed, a lack of a Conscience, and it helps if you sell your soul to the Devil; that way it won't keep reminding you of what a rich piece of human-garbage you've turned into! (Believe it or not, it really IS that easy; well in NYC anyway).

dsmking
dsmking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 3rd, 2006 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 2/3/06 08:56 PM, BigLundi wrote:
Well, if you tried that, besides DSM being right in calling you an ass,

Up TOP!!!!!

you'd have to compete with a shitload of other Security Guard services, and you can't make your guards supremely cheap, that's illegal because it can create a monopoly.

:and proves the whole ass thing

:There are many, many more complications in running a Security Gurad service and actually make money off of it than that. Sure, written down it seems simple, but not many people can actually pull it off.

This is true. Most things do seem simple when written down. You would also have to find people willing to work for that cheap.

Man did i get my ass kicked last night. Damn. Once again it was sparring and its usually not that bad. But last night i crossed bent knees with someone(you have any idea what that feels like, shins are common but knees), and then got kicked in that same knee several times. It was funny when i walked around today. Sometimes i would be just fine then others i would be limping. It was hilarious, but very painful.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club
And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature
Tsuchiya
Tsuchiya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 01:45 AM Reply

i was doing my ninjutsu lesson today, and the guy that teaches kung fu also takes it, he was helping everyone else do the techniques. (we've gone back to doing real basic stuff like kicking and punch and really easy teachniues, our teacher wants us to be absolutely ready for the seminar coming up in may, and has been neglecting teaching us basic stuff, assuming we all just know it already) but we were doing this fairly simple teachnique which usually involved a hit to the neck/chest, as i means to knock your opponent off balance, my partner and I were doing it kind of pushing each other, and the kung fu comes and shows us some footwork stuff and how to put our bodys into the blow, and dam there was a huge diffrence, he would hit us the way he wanted us too and we would almost fly back at least ten feet, im not kidding in the least, he just made it look so simple. i tried to help my partner get what we were doing, but it was kinda hard, i guess i have a ways to go before i become a good instructor.

there is a Escrima seminar tommorrow, i would really like to go but i think ill miss it since it costs $40 and i dont think my parents want to pay for it, and i just spent the last of my money. ill need to save up if i want to go to the ninjutsu seminar anyway.

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 02:05 AM Reply

At 2/4/06 01:45 AM, Tsuchiya wrote:

there is a Escrima seminar tommorrow, i would really like to go but i think ill miss it since it costs $40 and i dont think my parents want to pay for it, and i just spent the last of my money. ill need to save up if i want to go to the ninjutsu seminar anyway.

Escrima is definitely good if you want to learn stick-fighting. But sometimes you have to prioritize. As for getting to the level where you'd make a good teacher, just stick with it. Your determination and hard-work WILL pay off. It'll just take some time. And it's not just about knowing all the techniques and how to execute them perfectly. It takes patience, understanding, and a willingness to put up with a lot of stupid questions. (Like I said, considering the average person who takes R.B.S.D., I'm surprised at the number of experienced individuals willing to teach it! Those instructors have the patience & understanding of a Saint)! ............ BTW, you never mentioned if your friend with the Hybrid Art saw my last post, or if he hopefully understood the message I was trying to get across. Did things work out, or is he still a bit upset?

blamurai
blamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 07:20 AM Reply

what shaking gent's? honestly I am sad to say I haven't trainede in a year I have practiced to keep sharp, but I have not learned anything new, this is in part due to my master, before I would have loyally followed hime into the depths of hell for a fight, but some shit went sour, and ...well i will say this. I payed a large sum of money, for tuition to become an instructor and in hopes of one day owning opperating my own school... However he did not keep his end of the bargain and taught me nothing ,and then cut my pay and then cut my hours, on top of that he had not taugh me anything new in almost a year. not only that, (mono helped me on this one) At one point in time in october his step son who had come to be the head instructor to the school pulled an attitude thing and said "run the School with out me !" right in front of the students, which I qucikly contained the sitch... answering a few questions here and there, not to mention it was the same week as the students were promoting so I had to organize everything and then catch up to his classes, and then my 2 other classes and then get the black belts ready also, and under all this my master came to the school .. once or twice cuz of a back injury I sustained. So I decided when my "freind" came back I was fed up with the shit cuz he had pulled this before, it wasn't so much that I was eating breathing and shitting teaching I loved that I was passing on my knowledge. But it was that he came back so easily with the lamest ass excuse and then I find out that in April he was promoted to 3rd dan black belt ... what complete bull shit ... and after my promotion was suspended after I had gotten proper clearance for a family event If i hadn't left I would be promoting this spring.. however one of my other instructor friends , who had been also screwed over by my former master has asked me to come and train with him free of charge, and to tel ya the truth he is aa hell of a guy, helped me prepare for my first real brick break... at one point I was one of the top martial artists in my area. in some way I don't know if I will ever get back, i would love to but thre is a nasty taste in my mouth right now... but I feel the art calling me tugging at my soul it's who i have become. any body check out my sig ,not the pic the signature text... shin it could very well be the unofficial motto of the club?

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 04:14 PM Reply

To: blamurai - Damn bro, I didn't know the situation was THAT bad! So you basically ran the school, while the Master Instructor sat on his ass and counted his $$$! And, he only bothered to teach when you became injured?! That's not the type of behavior you'd expect from someone claiming to be a Master Instructor. I'm not saying he's not an instructor; but to reach true Master-level requires a rock-hard dedication to your Art and your students. (Sounds like that guy labeled himself as a "Master").......... Good to here that there's someone willing to work with you on continuing your training. You shouldn't let what happened at your old school stop you from continuing with martial arts. Trust me on this one. I've dealt with a lot of instructors who turned out to be nothing more than con-artists or arm-chair warriors. Then you get the type who actually know the Art that they're teaching, but they just want your $$$ for very little effort, on their part! Then there's some of your fellow students who are only taking an Art to boost the size of their penis. I know it can get ridiculously frustrating; but if it's really what you want to do, I say stick with it......... I'm honestly impressed by how you, basically, ran that school all by yourself! You might not be at Master-level yet, but you obvious have more than alittle experience when it comes to teaching! Way to go, bro!

Morgan
Morgan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 06:45 PM Reply

I do karate and have been doing it for about 4years.

Im going for a brown belt on may.
Im enjoying it, and its good excersise.

Over 4hours is spent on it every week.

This is my Signature. Signature it is.

megaarnold
megaarnold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 06:56 PM Reply

i do tae kwon doe. i've been doin it for almost a year and a half. my teachers are really good. i am a senior green belt.
the leveles go white yellow senior yellow green senior green blue senior blue brown senior brown red senior red then black. does anyone else system go like that?

TheFaces
TheFaces
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Both members that just posted, you are welcome here. Stick around for awhile and you will probablly learn quite abit about martial arts... and if I feel like it cars.

But aarnold I think it was. I can't think of any other arts besides TKD that the belts go like that off of the top of my head. And I have studied quite a few martial arts.

Monocrom
Monocrom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Martial Arts Club Feb. 4th, 2006 @ 09:10 PM Reply

I would also like to welcome the 2 new individuals who posted at the top of this page. And I too hope that you guys stick around. We mostly discuss martial arts and self-defense related topics & questions. Feel free to ask if you have any questions related to martial arts or self defense.