00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DragonBall Z fans......

673 Views | 20 Replies

DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 18:31:23

Me and two other people have started up a Dragonball Z site for DBZ fans.
here is the url, click it to go there :)

http://www.dbuk.f2s.com

It has:
Techniques list
Episode Summary
Character Bios'
Topsites(Displays your rank on it)
Message Board
Automatic Fan art section
Automatic Fan fiction section
Images upload section(DBZ only)
Games section
Midi's section(includes DBZ Dress up Goku)
Screensaver - Dress up Goku(right click to exit)

and thats about it :)

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 19:07:55

Well, I'll say its definitely a site of good quality. The family tree you rendered was original and well done. I liked it! Keep it up.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 19:41:09

At 10/4/01 06:31 PM, EviLDoG wrote: Me and two other people have started up a Dragonball Z site for DBZ fans.
here is the url, click it to go there :)

http://www.dbuk.f2s.com

It has:
Techniques list
Episode Summary
Character Bios'
Topsites(Displays your rank on it)
Message Board
Automatic Fan art section
Automatic Fan fiction section
Images upload section(DBZ only)
Games section
Midi's section(includes DBZ Dress up Goku)
Screensaver - Dress up Goku(right click to exit)

and thats about it :)

Silly you, who in the world would like Dragonball?

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 19:47:16

Well.. I happen to be an avid fan of the anime, granted, only in its un-edited original version. If you should happen to question my taste in animation genres, please do so in an educated manner.

Or, I could stoop down to your level: you dirty little c*m bag, c*ck s*cking, little bitch you.. Whichever way is fine by me... 4 letter words tend to come more fluently to mind.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 19:52:03

At 10/4/01 07:47 PM, MajinSoldier wrote:

Well.. I happen to be an avid fan of the anime, granted, only in its un-edited original version. If you should happen to question my taste in animation genres, please do so in an educated manner.

Or, I could stoop down to your level: you dirty little c*m bag, c*ck s*cking, little bitch you.. Whichever way is fine by me... 4 letter words tend to come more fluently to mind.

My level? I was only asking if anyone likes it. No self respecting anime fan I know likes that repetitive dribble. But to each his own.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 22:10:56

At 10/4/01 07:52 PM, whiteguyz wrote: My level? I was only asking if anyone likes it. No self respecting anime fan I know likes that repetitive dribble. But to each his own.

I like the storyline in DBZ :)

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 22:52:52

At 10/4/01 07:52 PM, whiteguyz wrote: No self respecting anime fan I know likes that repetitive dribble.

I've been into anime since around the time you would have been about 10 or 11. I've seen numerous shows and read lots of manga. I really like Dragonball be it dubbed, subbed, or manga.

So, what does that make me?

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 22:58:14

At 10/4/01 10:52 PM, fourchinnigan wrote:
At 10/4/01 07:52 PM, whiteguyz wrote: No self respecting anime fan I know likes that repetitive dribble.
I've been into anime since around the time you would have been about 10 or 11. I've seen numerous shows and read lots of manga. I really like Dragonball be it dubbed, subbed, or manga.

So, what does that make me?

Hmm....

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 23:07:09

DBZ drinks diahrrea.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-04 23:18:50

At 10/4/01 07:52 PM, whiteguyz wrote:
My level? I was only asking if anyone likes it. No self respecting anime fan I know likes that repetitive dribble. But to each his own.

I think it's pretty decent, good points and bad points. When it's bad and repetitive, it IS bad and repetitive, but it can be good for some dumb fun. I am a big toriyama fan...if you want to know why read some of his manga, like COWA, which you can find translated at www.toriyamaworld.com

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 00:56:34

The storyline behind DB is simplistic, I won't shy from admitting it. I'm drawn to the fact that DB is based in a universe unhindered by limitation. I'll also admit that it's an anime which evokes a less developed spectrum of emotion, though powerful nonetheless.. Anyway, I won't sink into a pit of detail. I'd rather have you aware that DB, DBZ (and yes, I purposely ommited GT.. for obvious reasons), are series with a cult following around the world.. And yes, an important portion of the fan base is an adult one. Sheer thousands of people can't all be wrong.. well.. unless you bring back the holocaust... Eh... Shaddup, I made my point.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 10:13:31

At 10/5/01 12:56 AM, MajinSoldier wrote: His views on the storyline of DBZ

What DBZ is mainly, is someone will try to take over the universe and he is much stronger than the Z warriors. But somehow, through a transformation, or some great move which they took an episode to charge up, they can beat these evil people that are trying to take of the universe.

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 10:51:06

Not bad, but all in all its just another DB site that'll float on the web.... planetnamek.com used to be awesome before bandwidth got the better of them, now half of their stuff has gone, movies, manga etc.. All gone. Just be warned of that. If anything try and get some clips/manga up. I know most DB sites just end up dead as the webmaster can't be assed to do anymore. Just keep it ALIVE!

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 11:59:21

At 10/5/01 10:13 AM, EviLDoG wrote: What DBZ is mainly, is someone will try to take over the universe and he is much stronger than the Z warriors. But somehow, through a transformation, or some great move which they took an episode to charge up, they can beat these evil people that are trying to take of the universe.

To a degree this is true (but only for DBZ not DB).
It is a soap opera of sorts.
The part that really drives the show although is the convoluted relationships between characters and the dynamic development of these characters. I agree that at times, I wish things would be less drug out; but overall I think it is done well. When Vegeta and Goku finally battle it out during the Buu saga after 200+ episodes of brewing spite, it is great...not just for the action, but the dialogue and emotional drive. Watching Piccolo change from a villain into Gohan's surrogate father was also great and not something you see in a lot of other places. The torment in Vegeta is enough reason to watch. All around, most characters are likeable and well-developed. This isn't true for many other shows. You see many sides of everyone and the lines of good and evil are blurred instead of a simplistic black-and-white. The good & bad thing about DBZ is that you can't watch it a few times. You have to see it numerous times and learn the backstory. Otherwise, it comes across as very empty and useless.

I think DBZ is a lot deeper than bloated power levels and ultraviolence. If you don't see that, then you may be missing out on a damn good series.

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 13:18:30

At 10/5/01 11:59 AM, fourchinnigan wrote:
The part that really drives the show although is the convoluted relationships between characters and the dynamic development of these characters. I agree that at times, I wish things would be less drug out; but overall I think it is done well. When Vegeta and Goku finally battle it out during the Buu saga after 200+ episodes of brewing spite, it is great...not just for the action, but the dialogue and emotional drive. Watching Piccolo change from a villain into Gohan's surrogate father was also great and not something you see in a lot of other places. The torment in Vegeta is enough reason to watch. All around, most characters are likeable and well-developed. This isn't true for many other shows. You see many sides of everyone and the lines of good and evil are blurred instead of a simplistic black-and-white. The good & bad thing about DBZ is that you can't watch it a few times. You have to see it numerous times and learn the backstory. Otherwise, it comes across as very empty and useless.

I think DBZ is a lot deeper than bloated power levels and ultraviolence. If you don't see that, then you may be missing out on a damn good series.

Wonderfully articulated. I agree whole heartedly.

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 16:55:48

At 10/5/01 11:59 AM, fourchinnigan wrote: I think DBZ is a lot deeper than bloated power levels and ultraviolence. If you don't see that, then you may be missing out on a damn good series.

I agree.

My DBUK has had some downtime for a while, it hasn't been offline for more than 5 minutes since it started, you can still go to the Forums!

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-05 23:25:34

Damn NG is under a heavy load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-06 05:48:25

At 10/5/01 11:25 PM, EviLDoG wrote:
Damn NG is under a heavy load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itwas my bdayparty today, so im sorta tipsy, but im gonna say dbz introduced me to anime. now that i have the certain taste, i can see that it is repetitive dribble, although the fights can still be sorta cool. all im saying, you can watch some WAY better stuff.:D

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-06 15:25:15

At 10/6/01 05:48 AM, whiteguyz wrote: all im saying, you can watch some WAY better stuff.:D

happy birthday and is that better stuff pron?

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-07 03:58:45

At 10/6/01 03:25 PM, EviLDoG wrote:
At 10/6/01 05:48 AM, whiteguyz wrote: all im saying, you can watch some WAY better stuff.:D
happy birthday and is that better stuff pron?

pr0n is always better. Hentai is uber-lame though. But as I sortof tried to say, DB was one of the first animes I got into, and liked it. As it grew into Z, it just got so lame to me, having fucking hundreds and hundreds of episodes, that are like 17 minutes long, and progressing the storyline even slower. But lets just drop it yea? Because Love Hina = 1337 !

DragonBall Z fans......

Response to DragonBall Z fans...... 2001-10-07 04:19:37

At 10/7/01 03:58 AM, whiteguyz wrote: But lets just drop it yea? Because Love Hina = 1337 !

I WILL NOT argue with you there... I just watched the last three episodes of Love Hina again today with my brother and goddammit if I didn't have tears in my eyes at the end of the X-Mas Special, even though I had already seen it once already.

And this man does NOT cry EVER... except at the end of Ah! My Goddess, but that wasn't tears man, I just had blurry eyes at the end.

But I couldn't help myself with Love Hina man. That series is just too fucking good. Not to mention goddamn hilarious to boot.