New Topic Respond to this Topic
ColeAssman
ColeAssman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 17:10:45 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. EHas anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
or because they feature the World Trade Center. Alot of hype has been going on recently over the Spiderman trailer. (If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you download it off the net) In the trailer, (which was pulled from theaters and caused "A Knights Tale" to be delayed on video because it featured the trailer) spidey catches a bunch of bank robbers flying in a helicopter into a huge net, which is hanging between the World Trade Center. Why did they take it out? No, not because anything happens to the WTC, simply because it is in the movie. The movie posters of both Spiderman and
another movie called Sidewalks of New York
have had both their posters recalled because they feature images of the WTC. (You can see them in the reflection of Spidey's eyes and as a backdrop in the other movie) Ben Stiller's new movie "Zoolander" had the twin towers digitally edited out. Now to me this is bullshit. Are we just supposed to forget they ever existed? Why don't
they just recall every movie a dead actor starred in? It'd be the same damn thing.

I agree 100%

WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD?

FightingSeraph
FightingSeraph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 17:30:04 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote:

I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
or because they feature the World Trade Center. Alot of hype has been going on recently over the Spiderman trailer. (If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you download it off the net) In the trailer, (which was pulled from theaters and caused "A Knights Tale" to be delayed on video because it featured the trailer) spidey catches a bunch of bank robbers flying in a helicopter into a huge net, which is hanging between the World Trade Center. Why did they take it out? No, not because anything happens to the WTC, simply because it is in the movie. The movie posters of both Spiderman and
have had both their posters recalled because they feature images of the WTC. (You can see them in the reflection of Spidey's eyes and as a backdrop in the other movie) Ben Stiller's new movie "Zoolander" had the twin towers digitally edited out. Now to me this is bullshit. Are we just supposed to forget they ever existed? Why don't
they just recall every movie a dead actor starred in? It'd be the same damn thing. Even radio stations have stopped playing certain songs just because they feature names similiar (but having nothing
at all to do with violence or terrorism) words in thier lyrics or titles. Examples: Learning to fly by the Foo Fighters; Speed Kills by Bush (it's named was changed). Hollywood and radio stations
are doing just what the terrorists wanted, making us change our way of living. I'm not talking about increased securities measures, but in more simplier things such as entertainment.
In my opinion it's all just stupid shit. I hope I explained this the best I could, I tried. What do you all think about this?

Now as for my site, I recently added a new movie to Newgrounds called "Yoshi's Island". Some of you
may remember the demo. It is complete and all deaths to Baby Mario are now ready for your viewing
pleasure. CHECK IT OUT Be sure to
check back later on it to see the RAZORIC.COM death. And what
will I be working on next? Well after seeing the funny-as-hell
"Jelly-Ol Skoo NES" by EVILZUG it inspired me to do my
own VG music video. So I may be working on that next.

In closing I'd like to plug a few movies I really liked that I've seen recently.

Bad Influence

..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.

I agree With you,they are just a bunch of pussies who
are trying to screw us over.They need to Lighten up,
that's all they need to do.

I'm not impressed with the way things are going here.
Old Music|Artistic Progress|Current Music
MSN & Trillian: Ask first.

Ryan-Odell
Ryan-Odell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 17:41:01 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
they just recall every movie a dead actor starred in? It'd be the same damn thing. Even radio stations have stopped playing certain songs just because they feature names similiar (but having nothing
at all to do with violence or terrorism) words in thier lyrics or titles. Examples: Learning to fly by the Foo Fighters; Speed Kills by Bush (it's named was changed). Hollywood and radio stations
are doing just what the terrorists wanted, making us change our way of living. I'm not talking about increased securities measures, but in more simplier things such as entertainment.
In my opinion it's all just stupid shit. I hope I explained this the best I could, I tried. What do you all think about this?

Now as for my site, I recently added a new movie to Newgrounds called "Yoshi's Island". Some of you
may remember the demo. It is complete and all deaths to Baby Mario are now ready for your viewing

In closing I'd like to plug a few movies I really liked that I've seen recently.

Bad Influence

..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.

yes I can totaly agree with you man it's shitty as hell why they just can't make a friggen movie just because of the

ps. yoshi's island I had to whatch a few times to find out it was funny sorry about the review saying it was'nt entertainging cuz ya just have to whatch it more than once
c yall ;)

Axissillian
Axissillian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 18:09:35 Reply

What is even worse is that "Syphon Filter 3" the game I have waited for at least a year and half to come out has been "indefinetely postponed" due to WTC. WHAT THE PISS SUCKING UNCLE FUCK! I am sorry but the Mass Media has to realise Terrorists and the WTC inciddent exist and that hiding the fucking fact even more disrespectful than leaving it in could EVER be. Then again... they did postpone an Ah-nold movie so it can't all be bad

KDGE
KDGE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 18:45:27 Reply

I tottaly agree with your views on why they edit out simple shit like that. You have a very good point. I also agree that there are way too many shity Osma Bin Ladin movies.

Karl1569
Karl1569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 19:06:53 Reply

by all means this is bullshit. terroists want to take away our freedom, and they have done just that. so are they going to take it further and recall EVERY movie that has a wtc image in it? enough is enough. all the hightened security in airposts has done is make it EASIER for terroists to take over a plane. with not a single armed citizen, whats going to happen when a terrorist sneaks on? a fuckin walk in the park. now spider man (i movie i was highly looking forward too) is going to be banished. whats next, file a lawsuit on newgrounds for having the tributes to the wtc? we ARE giving the terroists what they wanted, and it needs to stop!!!!!!1

maxxamp
maxxamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 11:47:41 Reply

Knee-jerk reactions are a bitch.

Queen-Jenny
Queen-Jenny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 12:12:35 Reply

I think this is just some more bullshit to put up with. People should make such a big deal about trying to cover up what happened. SHIT HAPPENS!!!!! It's not like we're gonna forget that the WTC ever existed. If anything, I think they should keep all pics of the WTC in posters and movies to remind us of them.

Queen-Jenny
Queen-Jenny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 12:15:39 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:37 AM, RaspberryClock wrote:
At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: ..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.
Don't forget all the wonderful Flash movies submitted by the Clock Crew! We're keeping Newgrounds alive, man!

Uhhhhhhh clocks suck

K-psychotic
K-psychotic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 14:21:08 Reply

At 10/3/01 12:12 PM, Queen_Jenny wrote: I think this is just some more bullshit to put up with. People should make such a big deal about trying to cover up what happened. SHIT HAPPENS!!!!! It's not like we're gonna forget that the WTC ever existed. If anything, I think they should keep all pics of the WTC in posters and movies to remind us of them.

Yo I agree with you all the way. They digitally made a giant web in between WTC and a helicopter in it...now I don't think it's worth seeing. We should keep the WTC buildings in those movies as a reminder that we can endure the Greatest loss and still pull through, not label it as a catastraphy that should be forgotten. I WANTED TO SEE THAT DAMN PART IN THE MOVIE

johnboy123
johnboy123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 15:49:42 Reply

hey man this is bull shit we should remember the trad centers and shit i mean wtf why take it out its american history we made movie about fucking pearl harbor OOps go edit out the attack sceen there bad BULLSHIT

icy-mouse13
icy-mouse13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 16:41:01 Reply

Yeah, wtf is up with hollywood. I'm backing you up 100% all the way; this is exactly what the terrorists want us to do. I was very impressed with some of your points (why don't we remove posters with dead actors on them), and I'd just like to congratulate you on making a post that I'm sure affected many people. Continue with the great messages!

Malachi01
Malachi01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 16:50:44 Reply

I agree. That is bull honkey. These movies were made when the two towers were still in existence. Are we supposed to get rid of anymovie that is not up to date? Maybe we should get rid of all movies about the revolutionary war, because after all we aren't colonies of Great Britian right. Make sense? No? Then it must be the media.

KGBsuperspy
KGBsuperspy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 17:35:33 Reply

You are exactly right! This what the terrorists want. You don't fucking see Hollywood and TV stop playing movies/shows with people who are now dead, so wtf is the difference between a JFK movie or the Twin Towers? There is none, and changing our way of life and panicing about this shit is just what all terrorists the world over want. We can't let this happen. Did we forget Pearl Harbour? FUCK NO! REMEMBER PEARL HARBOUR, REMEMBER THE ALAMO AND REMEMBER THE MOTHER FUCKING WTC!!! Don't fuck with America.

NrGeTiK
NrGeTiK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-03 18:07:30 Reply

WTF is up with this shit people have to leave the entertainment busniess out the this wtc crisses. Movies such as Big trouble have been delayed because of 9/11/01 the ending of Men in Black 2 has to be redone because i think it was will smith was fighting an alien on top of the World Trade Center.
the movie preview of spider man has been taken off the movie theaters. I only have a few things to say.
LEAVE HOLLYWOOD OUT OF THIS!

NatasIconoclast
NatasIconoclast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 06:27:23 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them

Bad Influence

NatasIconoclast
NatasIconoclast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 06:29:07 Reply

i like how my whole last message didnt show up but all shit i deleted came up instead.. kick ass

Queen-Jenny
Queen-Jenny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 09:54:16 Reply

At 10/3/01 02:21 PM, K_psychotic wrote:
At 10/3/01 12:12 PM, Queen_Jenny wrote: I think this is just some more bullshit to put up with. People should make such a big deal about trying to cover up what happened. SHIT HAPPENS!!!!! It's not like we're gonna forget that the WTC ever existed. If anything, I think they should keep all pics of the WTC in posters and movies to remind us of them.
Yo I agree with you all the way. They digitally made a giant web in between WTC and a helicopter in it...now I don't think it's worth seeing. We should keep the WTC buildings in those movies as a reminder that we can endure the Greatest loss and still pull through, not label it as a catastraphy that should be forgotten. I WANTED TO SEE THAT DAMN PART IN THE MOVIE

Me too!!!!!

NatasIconoclast
NatasIconoclast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 10:56:49 Reply

you know whats really funny is that osama keeps sporting those camofauge jackets.. theyre american field jackets.. ha ha, what a bitch

daripper
daripper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 11:58:52 Reply

poopoo? what would u do if some1 said they would give 2000 dollars to throw a brick off a building?

Jinmu
Jinmu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 13:43:45 Reply

Heard a very vicious rumour that one of the most waited games have been canned or held back. Yes I’m talking about Metal Gear Solid 2, that’s right. I heard Konami of the US has CANNED any thoughts of releasing this game in the US and beyond (mostly because Metal Gear destroys half of Manhattan). I just need to know if any one else has heard that…

Barnas
Barnas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 14:55:25 Reply

i agree its stupid, but i know someone who was in the twin towers and survived, and hes having fecking knightmares bout that shit! so these people dont need to be constantly remined of it.

ac2539
ac2539
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 22:21:44 Reply

I'd like it if they had them in the movies instead. Maybe they'll have them when the DVD comes out.

KaoticOutKast
KaoticOutKast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 22:34:39 Reply

yeah ok so is everyone happy now towel head camel loving bin Laden has got what he wanted ... whether any of us got the fucking balls to admitt it or not ... he wanted to distrupt our lives ... done ... he wanted to make americans feel unsafe in thier own country ... done ... and just like dude said ... here we go changing our ways actly all cowardly ... sorry if you dont agrees ... thats how i see it ... pull movies out the theatres cuz some sandy assed cum guzzlinn freak gets mad cuz he was a big fat fuckinn loser in 93 ... hehe im having fun now ... well we should all smoke some dope and relax the desert dwelling piece of shit is going to get just what he wants ... allah !!!!!!

KaoticOutKast
KaoticOutKast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-04 22:40:50 Reply

dude fuck cuzzing you out your so right ..

and by the way the only reason i am responding is too say that lttle cartoon of the guy pissing is fucking funny as bin Laden with his head shoved up his mothers ass

fantasticpants
fantasticpants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-05 02:02:20 Reply

I totally agree man! Im not a dude who doesnt care at all about other peoples feelings, but why are people going to such extreme measures? My deepest condolences go to all those affected by this peice-of-shit terrorist act. I think we should just go along with life just how it was. thats all i got to say,

-later

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-05 12:26:22 Reply

At 10/2/01 06:14 AM, YoinKFS wrote:

My mom's boss's daughter had a meeting on the day of that tragedy... and it was a morning meeting and when she was about to step inside the towers, an officer told her to leave... and she got pissed as to why... but then she finally realized them towers were going to calapse...

I guess the Falling Bodies and burning dibris , didn't give it away , huh?

Betty-Poop
Betty-Poop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-05 14:12:15 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote:

Even radio stations have stopped playing certain songs just because they feature names similiar (but having nothing

are doing just what the terrorists wanted, making us change our way of living.

You are absolutely correct -- they're taking this PC business way too far. I can't believe they would change the title of "Speed Kills" in the wake of this disaster! For the obvious reasons, it is clear to me that the song "Speed Kills" is about just that -- SPEED, dope, shit, crank, meth -- and how it turns you into a freaky asshole (speed kills your presence of mind) and makes you treat your family and friends like shit (the things we do to the people that we love).

Yeah, I know what he means. My interpretation may be off, but I know what *I* heard in the song -- and the title "Speed Kills" is totally appropriate.

They certainly screwed up one hell of a public service announcement.

MaddJoka
MaddJoka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-06 03:32:14 Reply

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
or because they feature the World Trade Center.

Yeah, but people are stupid. Some folks out there might take offense to the mere presence of the WTC on a movie poster, and think that, although it would be physically impossible, the movie makers are trying to take pictures of the WTC for their movie to cash in on what happened.

I forget who said it, but someone around here basically said that America has an attitude like, "Something bad happened, so nobody's allowed to say or do anything that hurts someone's feelings." The producers did what they did partly because they're stupid, like not mentioning the name of a dead person is pointless and superstitious. But they also did it with public sentiment in mind. I'm sure they'll edit the scene to show some Wall Street buildings or the Lincoln Tunnel or something. (Sorry if my geography sucks, I haven't been to NY in a decade or so.)

Trask
Trask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-06 05:30:32 Reply

At 10/2/01 11:04 AM, DumbWizard wrote: First of all, to all the peace-nik pussies out there: Shut up. You have a right to your opinion and a right to spread it around, but you're DEAD FUCKING WRONG. I don't think we should cancel movies or in any other way deny the existence of the events of September 11. We've all seen what denial does on a personal level. Addicts destroy themselves because they wallow in denial of their addiction. Putting this country in denial will only allow the problem to grow (like an addiction) to a point where we cannot stop it. We should continue forward with our way of life and Osama be damned.
Now, back to you peacenik pussies. Sending food and flowers or whatever bullshit you want to Afghanistan is not going to make these extremists like us. These people are 1) jealous of our prosperity and stability, 2) looking for a scapegoat for their country's problems, 3) irrational religious fanatics who interpret the Quran to mean whatever they want, 4) in a country where there are millions of dispossessed people looking for something to either improve the situation for themselves or their familiy or to end their misery and allow them to go to paradise. Unfortunately, until Afghanistan reaches some sort of political stability, the poor will continue to flock to religious radicals like Osama bin Laden. These radicals are not going to allow their minions, the mesmerized masses, to see or hear anything which would contradict their own message-- that the U.S. is evil. Why would they want to undermine their own power? These men are powermongers, pure and simple. Any aid packages would go into their already deep pockets (eventually funding yet another terrorist attack on the U.S.). Think about it-- the Taliban leaders all appear well-fed, well-clothed, healthy and taken care of while the large majority of Afghanis starve and rot in a situation that is not even good enough to call poverty. Any attempts we make to "help" the average Afghani will be denounced by the zealots as us trying to convert people away from the true path of Allah.
The only way we can truly hope to stop these monsters is to destroy the head and heart of their organization. I don't ever recall seeing Osama or one of his lieutenants strapping a bomb to their chest or hijacking a jet to crash into a building. That is because these people are cowards and do not believe in their own message. I personally support any method that truly stops the menace of terrorism. Unfortunately, I am afraid that some innocent people will die, but, UNLIKE THE TERRORISTS WHO SINGLED OUT INNOCENT AMERICANS FOR MASS-MURDER, we should, and I hope will, limit our targets to those of military and national security value. The very existence of these monsters is a danger we cannot allow to stand.

-------------------------------------------------------
Scapegoat???? SCAPE GOAT????
Hello people! the usa has been finding scapegoats to justify military spending for years!!!
BTW actually bombing afganistan is a totally shit idea:
1.The actions were probably not commited by the afganistan govermant
2.It would make you no better than the terrorists, you would kill 1000s of innocents.
3.It would sow the seeds of hate
4. The sanctions on iraq are already starving tens of thousends of children so you need to sort that out first
5.George dubaya Bush will push the button and and make the world the subject of weapons test. M.A.D. (mutually assured destruction)

so think before you post or bomb please.
aid does need to be sent to afganistan of thousends of innocent people will die.
I am from the uk so mabey i dont know as much about the actual bombing as i should. but my political veiws are sound.

Trask