00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD?

4,925 Views | 71 Replies

WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 01:17:16

I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
or because they feature the World Trade Center. Alot of hype has been going on recently over the Spiderman trailer. (If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you download it off the net) In the trailer, (which was pulled from theaters and caused "A Knights Tale" to be delayed on video because it featured the trailer) spidey catches a bunch of bank robbers flying in a helicopter into a huge net, which is hanging between the World Trade Center. Why did they take it out? No, not because anything happens to the WTC, simply because it is in the movie. The movie posters of both Spiderman and
another movie called Sidewalks of New York
have had both their posters recalled because they feature images of the WTC. (You can see them in the reflection of Spidey's eyes and as a backdrop in the other movie) Ben Stiller's new movie "Zoolander" had the twin towers digitally edited out. Now to me this is bullshit. Are we just supposed to forget they ever existed? Why don't
they just recall every movie a dead actor starred in? It'd be the same damn thing. Even radio stations have stopped playing certain songs just because they feature names similiar (but having nothing
at all to do with violence or terrorism) words in thier lyrics or titles. Examples: Learning to fly by the Foo Fighters; Speed Kills by Bush (it's named was changed). Hollywood and radio stations
are doing just what the terrorists wanted, making us change our way of living. I'm not talking about increased securities measures, but in more simplier things such as entertainment.
In my opinion it's all just stupid shit. I hope I explained this the best I could, I tried. What do you all think about this?

Now as for my site, I recently added a new movie to Newgrounds called "Yoshi's Island". Some of you
may remember the demo. It is complete and all deaths to Baby Mario are now ready for your viewing
pleasure. CHECK IT OUT Be sure to
check back later on it to see the RAZORIC.COM death. And what
will I be working on next? Well after seeing the funny-as-hell
"Jelly-Ol Skoo NES"
by EVILZUG it inspired me to do my
own VG music video. So I may be working on that next.

In closing I'd like to plug a few movies I really liked that I've seen recently.

Bad Influence

..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 01:32:51

I am very upset by the changes they are making to movies. Apparently, Syphon Filter is being recalled as well. I hate to be denied things because they may be deemed.... wait, they aren't even offensive, they are just a reminder of what happened. They are trying so hard to keep people of being reminded of the terrorist attack in media, but we can't get away from it on television. Let it go people can handle it.

I already have the Spider-Man trailer on my hard drive. I just wish I could get one of the movie posters...

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 01:37:38

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: ..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.

Don't forget all the wonderful Flash movies submitted by the Clock Crew! We're keeping Newgrounds alive, man!

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 01:41:36

Right on the the money, I couldn't have said it any better. You're absolutely right, there's way too much publc hype about this... it's almost like the Y2K all over again. People are buying oil lamps and gas masks. Soon enough there will be a "Surving Terrorist Attack Kit" and "Terrorists for Dummies" books. Corporation will make lots of money out of this situation. It just goes to show, North America is a screwed up place to live in these days.

The V_V

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 01:46:19

How typical.. Damned hypocrites... They made a Pearl harbor movie.. in 30 years or so, they'll shove a WTC thriller down our throats.

To all you mochachinno sipping flamers out there... kiss my ass.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 03:10:02

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote:

welcome to the present mr "two-weeks-ago"

it would have been in poor taste to release the spiderman movie now. that movie is screwed anyway, because people will associate it with WTC whether the buildings are in there or not.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 04:10:44

The reason they take out the WTC buildings is so people won't get distracted from the film. Zoolander's a comedy, and people see it to forget their problems for 2 hours. Then they see the WTC and they get saddened, or at least thoughtful in some way - and the scene is ruined. If the building's aren't there i won't think about them. I'm not playing siphon filter to get misty eyed and i'm not seeing spider man to mentally pay my respects to the dead. I'm trying to unwind.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 05:23:33

Well, if there's one thing I can say about you Americans, it's that you have a tendency towards sillyfuckedness. Some guy plays lawndarts with a paitr of jets and the WTC and suddenly just talking about the place is a no-no...

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 05:56:52

No shit
I tottally agree with you and have been saying that forever. People are acting so stupid where I live they closed the mall. Its screwed up my family's resturant,cause no one comes in... I just can't wait to hear what people are buying from the army surplus come on if one lady bought 10 thousand dollars worth of stuff for y2k how much are they gonna spend now? i'm not trying to be mean but all those people who keep doing peace demonsration need to shut the hell up, I mean look where its gotten us more and more attacks are happening, if we don't do something now we might they never stop. And Did anyone notice that those freaking reporters kept saying where the president was at the exact moment they might as well shot him themsevles

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 06:14:27

Dude, i agree that they shouldn't take out those world trade center towers and shit... because sooner or later i myself will forget all about those buildings. But maybe it's for the families that had their loved ones die in that building....

My mom's boss's daughter had a meeting on the day of that tragedy... and it was a morning meeting and when she was about to step inside the towers, an officer told her to leave... and she got pissed as to why... but then she finally realized them towers were going to calapse... Oh well, i don't even know this person... it was just something my mom's boss told my family about. BUT, for those that survived... wouldn't they wanna know what they survived from?
-YoinK

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 06:57:24

Guys- it's simply -respect- for the deceased, to help friends and family from suddenly remembering about the atrocity.
It is a major issue- the massive amount of changes to huge amounts of media, but I reckon it's necessary.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 08:44:30

You missed the most important Hollywood delay rsdig.

THEY DELAYED JOHN WOO'S WINDTALKERS!

Aaargh. The movie is delayed until next summer because the freakin WTC jargon is all over the news and getting in the way of their advertising. Which I actually do agree with. Why don't we just have a WTC/Bin Laden/war channel or something?

As for WTC flash, I'm at the point now that if I see the word "war," "Bin," or "WTC" in your movie, you get an X. I hate to do that, but this has been milked far too much.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 08:52:45

It's really too soon to tell anything. Everyone is still reacting from the shock.
Sure it seems like they want to forget it because it happened such a short time ago,
most people are trying to be convinced to move onward. Besides it's quite depressing to see
manhattan now, without the two towers in the middle of every shot, of every t.v. show when new york
city is in lights. It looks empty. Holly wood is trying to make money, not feed off of what happened, and send people who experienced losses
crying out of a movie theatre. I'm surprised they don't feature lady liberty. Is she not more well know and loved? =)

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 09:05:08

At Clear Channel's web site a week or two ago, a press released was posted that said the list of songs supposedly banned by their member stations is false. I do believe I have heard some of the songs on that list on my favorite local oldies station, Cool 107.

And of course on another local station whose URL escapes me, I've heard a healthy (almost UN-healthy) dose of God Bless The USA; I love the song but 10-15 times in a row is not good for ANY song.

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote: I'm not a very good journalist-type writer, so I'll try to say this as best I can. Has anyone seen all the changes that have been going on in Hollywood lately because of the terrorist attacks? Movies are being cancelled because they have terroristic themes in them
or because they feature the World Trade Center. Alot of hype has been going on recently over the Spiderman trailer. (If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you download it off the net) In the trailer, (which was pulled from theaters and caused "A Knights Tale" to be delayed on video because it featured the trailer) spidey catches a bunch of bank robbers flying in a helicopter into a huge net, which is hanging between the World Trade Center. Why did they take it out? No, not because anything happens to the WTC, simply because it is in the movie. The movie posters of both Spiderman and
another movie called Sidewalks of New York
have had both their posters recalled because they feature images of the WTC. (You can see them in the reflection of Spidey's eyes and as a backdrop in the other movie) Ben Stiller's new movie "Zoolander" had the twin towers digitally edited out. Now to me this is bullshit. Are we just supposed to forget they ever existed? Why don't
they just recall every movie a dead actor starred in? It'd be the same damn thing. Even radio stations have stopped playing certain songs just because they feature names similiar (but having nothing
at all to do with violence or terrorism) words in thier lyrics or titles. Examples: Learning to fly by the Foo Fighters; Speed Kills by Bush (it's named was changed). Hollywood and radio stations
are doing just what the terrorists wanted, making us change our way of living. I'm not talking about increased securities measures, but in more simplier things such as entertainment.
In my opinion it's all just stupid shit. I hope I explained this the best I could, I tried. What do you all think about this?

Now as for my site, I recently added a new movie to Newgrounds called "Yoshi's Island". Some of you
may remember the demo. It is complete and all deaths to Baby Mario are now ready for your viewing
pleasure. CHECK IT OUT Be sure to
check back later on it to see the RAZORIC.COM death. And what
will I be working on next? Well after seeing the funny-as-hell
"Jelly-Ol Skoo NES" by EVILZUG it inspired me to do my
own VG music video. So I may be working on that next.

In closing I'd like to plug a few movies I really liked that I've seen recently.

Bad Influence

..uhhh that's about it since we've been flooded with shitty WTC and Osama Bin Laden movies. So....peace out.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 09:31:22

At 10/2/01 01:17 AM, rsdig wrote:

Bingo! I agree 100%! I think the government should tell Hollywood not to change anything, because by changing things we are giving into the Terrorist. Should we be ashamed of our WTC towers??? Hell no! Put them in the movies! I can't think of a better way to pay tribute to them. For us to take them out of movies is a horrible injustice! Why don't we tear down the Alamo? Many lives were lost there. We can't just go forgetting about our landmarks because people died. If I worked in the WTC and died there, I wouldn't want people to forget about the WTC.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 09:32:30

I agree. You guys are taking your measures way too seriously.

And i saw that Bad Influence video by Rob. It's cool hehe.

And i do agree with the shitty WTC and Bin Laden movies.

NOw go ahead cuss me out America.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 09:58:33

A friend of mine had $20,000 Can invested in the Spiderman, MIB2 and a Bruce Willis movie as well as other movies. With the holding and re-touching of the pictures (MIB and Spiderman due out 2002), he lost $18,000. That's right, EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! He has $2000 of the origional $20,000. Now he has to get a student loan in order to pay his college tuition, because these investments were supposed to pay for it.

Just a little story to show how fucking stupid this all is. After all, didn't the X Files movie have the Oklahoma City Bombing in it? It didn't call it that of course, but not many people cared.

I've been waiting forever for MIB2, as well as Spiderman. The postponement is fucking weak. I know people were killed, but does the rest of North America have to suffer?

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 10:01:12

Well, your right. They're trying to make us forget about it! God what happens 20 years from now and children see those movie and then you tell them the story. They just wont believe you. Why dont they just keep 'em in the movies. Its a "somewhat" histroy reflection to children (lol) But the people at Hollywood are just stupid! the attack was on the wtc and NOT on the friggen movie theatre. Why do they give a crap about they're security? It was an attack on the world trade center. So what . Screw the celebs. I mean 1 just died a few months ago well, no body was sad... Well maybe they're family was but you get the idea. Those people at hollywood lost touch with the average man. KEEP THE IMAGES OF THE WTC IN YOU FRIGGEN OGRES!

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 10:50:43

I think it's all just ridiculous. Who fucking cares if the World Trade Center is in a movie? As long as it doesn't involve blowing it up I'm ok with it. They're behaving like the people who want students to have school uniforms. People need to stop being so sensitive about everything.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 11:04:03

First of all, to all the peace-nik pussies out there: Shut up. You have a right to your opinion and a right to spread it around, but you're DEAD FUCKING WRONG. I don't think we should cancel movies or in any other way deny the existence of the events of September 11. We've all seen what denial does on a personal level. Addicts destroy themselves because they wallow in denial of their addiction. Putting this country in denial will only allow the problem to grow (like an addiction) to a point where we cannot stop it. We should continue forward with our way of life and Osama be damned.
Now, back to you peacenik pussies. Sending food and flowers or whatever bullshit you want to Afghanistan is not going to make these extremists like us. These people are 1) jealous of our prosperity and stability, 2) looking for a scapegoat for their country's problems, 3) irrational religious fanatics who interpret the Quran to mean whatever they want, 4) in a country where there are millions of dispossessed people looking for something to either improve the situation for themselves or their familiy or to end their misery and allow them to go to paradise. Unfortunately, until Afghanistan reaches some sort of political stability, the poor will continue to flock to religious radicals like Osama bin Laden. These radicals are not going to allow their minions, the mesmerized masses, to see or hear anything which would contradict their own message-- that the U.S. is evil. Why would they want to undermine their own power? These men are powermongers, pure and simple. Any aid packages would go into their already deep pockets (eventually funding yet another terrorist attack on the U.S.). Think about it-- the Taliban leaders all appear well-fed, well-clothed, healthy and taken care of while the large majority of Afghanis starve and rot in a situation that is not even good enough to call poverty. Any attempts we make to "help" the average Afghani will be denounced by the zealots as us trying to convert people away from the true path of Allah.
The only way we can truly hope to stop these monsters is to destroy the head and heart of their organization. I don't ever recall seeing Osama or one of his lieutenants strapping a bomb to their chest or hijacking a jet to crash into a building. That is because these people are cowards and do not believe in their own message. I personally support any method that truly stops the menace of terrorism. Unfortunately, I am afraid that some innocent people will die, but, UNLIKE THE TERRORISTS WHO SINGLED OUT INNOCENT AMERICANS FOR MASS-MURDER, we should, and I hope will, limit our targets to those of military and national security value. The very existence of these monsters is a danger we cannot allow to stand.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 13:07:28

100% right on, we cant just ignore whats happend, you have to push on. What about films that were released already with the WTC that people have watched and enjoyed, probably not even noticing the WTC in them, should we stop selling/showing them too????? I think what some people were saying about rushing out and buying stuff is right, except its decent movies we need to grab before they're all re-called!

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 13:37:04

to me that's bull crap

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 14:05:02

Really? I think anyone who has an opinion should post it in full, not simply say that he disagrees with it and end his message. I for one completely agree with (Smart)Wizard. I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

At 10/2/01 01:37 PM, fire wrote: to me that's bull crap

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:09:17

randy i think hallwood is dumb for doing this what the fuck are they so what if a movie shows the wtc or terroism i don't care hollywood are a bunch of basards!:(

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:32:09

For a couple of weeks after, in the UK Channel 4 didn't show an episode of Futurama. I don't know why, maybe it had someone dying or something. guess what they put on instead? Friends! 'Cos that has no references to NY city, eh?

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:33:13

hollywood is a bunch of soft bitches. the rest of america is beginning to follow suit. all bush is saying is a load of shit. we don't have the balls to attack anyone, we made to many laws to prevent it. we'eve made 3 ultimatums, and haven't followed up on any of them. i hope there's something going on, or the back of fucking extremist muslims is gonna keep walking all over us and pissing on our flag. fuck hollywood, people can't hide in a veil of euphemistic language and the like for their entire lives. i know its tough, i lost a few good friends myself, but i don't try to forget it. things like this aren't to be forgotten, ever.

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:41:26

I agree....even bush told every1 to let life go on cos they didnt want the terrorists to think they disturbed or pissed america off(i live in ireland but newgrounds is a universal sign of sensless violence)And i really like comics and i wanna see the spider man movie and they cut it off?!**cough**assholes**cough**

Johnny

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:43:03

I agree....even bush told every1 to let life go on cos they didnt want the terrorists to think they disturbed or pissed america off(i live in ireland but newgrounds is a universal sign of sensless violence)And i really like comics and i wanna see the spider man movie and they cut it off?!**cough**assholes**cough**
Oh btw i gotta questiion whats better?
Xiao Xiao3
OR
Xiao Xiao4

Johnny

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:43:34

I agree with what you said. Hollywood and all the radio stations and the corporate world are overreacting. The terrorists are getting exactly what they wanted. They did this because they didn't agree with the way we are living our lives. They are getting the real America to change. They friggin took my favorite scene out of Spiderman, cause after seeing that trailer I went nuts and wanted to see it. They are taking cool songs off the radio, and by doing this, it's letting the terrorists win. What you posted on Newgrounds was well said (or typed...hehehe), and that bastard Osama will DIE!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot... check out the movie Taliban Twister! It rocks! Peace out!

Response to WTF IS UP WITH HOLLYWOOD? 2001-10-02 16:58:01

one more...Max Payne almost got withdrawn, but it was already out