00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Console Contest

9,361 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:07:48

The month is almost over - just two more days to deposit points and enter to win a console of your choice!

Everyone will have a fresh start in August. Remember, you can enter once per day by depositing your experience points! If you have any questions, please consult the contest page. If you still have questions, you are probably helpless. Sorry. :(

The coverage on Gamespot today has been really exciting. They placed Alien Hominid on their FRONT PAGE! Be sure to check out the Alien Hominid GameSpace, with a three page preview, pictures, and video from the game! All of the video footage turned out well, except for the PDA Game footage where you watch some guy die repeatedly. It would rock to see some four-player action (hint hint)!

We have also launched a new design for the Alien Hominid website! I was up until 4am working on this puppy the other night... Make that 7am if you put me back on EST! The new site is much more "personable", with less giant file downloads required for viewing.

It will be a while before we have a REAL on-line store, but in the meantime we set up a page to order AH merchandise to help fund the game. There are some Newgrounds shirts available as well - including the long-awaited black NG tank logo shirt! Grab 'em while you can!

I'm addicted to Proximity...

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:08:40

cool i hope i win

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:09:48

Sweet
And yeah, proximity is pretty cool. I could only beat it once, though.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:09:53

I probably wont win, I deposited my experiance like 2 times this whole month, it just gets boring after awhile, and un-important

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:11:16

Thats some amazing stuff. Hope somebody special wins the console prize.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:11:26

Oh, so I won?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:11:27

lolsome tom, lolsome.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:12:22

The console contest is a great idea!!
AH news sounds so great!! I bet it would rock!

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:13:01

That's great Tom!

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:18:47

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote:
and video from the game! All of the video footage turned out well, except for the PDA Game footage where you watch some guy die repeatedly.

It doesn't run on my computer and now I must kill someone.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:29:55

I hope you much luck with Alein Hominid, Tom. ;)

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:30:52

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote:
It would rock to see some four-player action (hint hint)!

I don't think we can see that on PS2, but I do know gamecube can see that, and I think xbox

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:46:17

what program did dan use to make the characters and sprites and such?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 02:51:17

Green NG shirt with a quality tank logo silk-screen!
Available in Men's S, M, L, XL, XXL

This looks so sexy...Must...BUY!

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 03:08:20

At 7/30/04 02:18 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: It doesn't run on my computer and now I must kill someone.

You can always kill yourself if you can't find somebody that wants to be killed

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 03:11:36

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: Alien Hominid

I have to say Tom I was skeptical before but then I saw the extremely large amount of fans that are backing this game up and all the features that AH will have well, if it plays as good as it sounds I am predicting great things for the behemoth.

The first thing that attracted me to AH is the side scrolling, then I read about the 200 1-4 player games..

/dies.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 03:38:50

cool beans, can i buy alien hominid for the ps2 now?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 03:52:25

Holy fuck... awesome. There's no doubt, in my mind, that I am buying this game. Good day, I SAID GOOD DAY. Just one question, did you get the UFO's concept and traction beam from perhaps another one of your games ;)? (I know it's generic, but hey!)

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 04:01:37

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: The month is almost over - just two more days to deposit points and enter to win a console of your choice!

Everyone will have a fresh start in August. Remember, you can enter once per day by depositing your experience points! If you have any questions, please consult the contest page. If you still have questions, you are probably helpless. Sorry. :(

I hope I win.....Probably won't, though....

The coverage on Gamespot today has been really exciting. They placed Alien Hominid on their FRONT PAGE! Be sure to check out the Alien Hominid GameSpace, with a three page preview, pictures, and video from the game! All of the video footage turned out well, except for the PDA Game footage where you watch some guy die repeatedly. It would rock to see some four-player action (hint hint)!

Drool.....
</orgasm>

We have also launched a new design for the Alien Hominid website! I was up until 4am working on this puppy the other night... Make that 7am if you put me back on EST! The new site is much more "personable", with less giant file downloads required for viewing.

I like the new layout, though I think the intro movie should have stayed...

Q: Will it be available in Europe, Asia and Canada?

Canada and Mexico fall under North America (muwahahahahaha!), so it will be available there. We have ambitions to release AH in as many countries as possible, although release in Europe and Asia is still pending. We will develop a PAL version, but need to find publishers who serve those areas.

Yay, PAL version!
Now release it in stores in Europe too plzktnx.

It will be a while before we have a REAL on-line store, but in the meantime we set up a page to order AH merchandise to help fund the game. There are some Newgrounds shirts available as well - including the long-awaited black NG tank logo shirt! Grab 'em while you can!

I might pick one of those up later....Maybe if AH doesn't come to stores in Europe, I'll order a T-shirt and some stickers together with the game.

I'm addicted to Proximity...

Me too.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 04:04:45

oh coolness! it would be great to own the xbox.. but the thing is.. there's going to be xbox squared and PS3 soon...

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 04:40:29

Aww another contest heh ok sounds cool, we gonna have thease every month now, cool cool...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 05:18:16

I hope that I win, but the odds of that happening are very slim.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 05:30:26

Gamespot only has it for PS2 and gamecube. Where's XBox? Anyway will it be releaesed anywhere like in Australia?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 05:35:58

You should make wallpapers/Screensavers and put them on the AH site, I'd love a desktop of Alien Hominid.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 06:20:31

of course we all know whos going to win *shifty eyes*
* slips Tom a $5, he declines
"ok so you want to play hardball"
*slips Tom a $20, he declines
"God Dammit!, heres my final offer"
*slips Tom $100, he declines
" I didnt want to have to go here but youve forced me to"
*flashes Tom a little skin, Toms face lights up like a candle
/ Tom now has the shifty eyes, hands -Mr_Reaper- an unlabeled brown package
*shifty eyes, slips the package into trenchcoat, and walks gallantly away from the scene

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 07:14:31

The site looks excellent, and the interview was funny i dunno why, but i couldnt stop laughing when Dan was looking up at the interviewer because of that damn 3ft Dan topic in general.

You must let the Europeans into buying your stuff on your site Tom, were a big market over here aswell, and im pretty sure in saying this, that iam not the only one wanting to buy some shirts from the Behemoth site. Cmon let us in :)

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 07:40:24

how will the winner be chosen?
rank ? seniority?

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 07:58:23

Well, IF I win, I would pick up 4 games and reserve the fifth for Alien Hominid :D Damn I really want to play that game, it's so cool!

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 08:13:32

it would be great if the winner of the contest got a free copy of the game.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 08:26:41

proximity is an addicting game.... any, lol the site looks nice, mine was complete flash also, until i actually put some effort into it and made it koolhahaha, this is NICE! lol