Respond to this Topic
promontorium
promontorium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 22nd, 2004 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 7/22/04 08:23 PM, ChaosFoot wrote: Oh yeah the "heroic military guy shows compassion" type thing. Well think of this, when he ships out, he'll be subduing people who have done nothing wrong and be helping the agenda of a brutal presidency. (sry this is just my political side showing for a bit)

LOL! I am in the military too, but i didn't bring Tom a gift. Oh yeah and go to hell ChaosFoot, dick.

FireballX301
FireballX301
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 22nd, 2004 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Heh, Alien Hominid ROCKED. Too bad its only one stage for demo though...

And I found out today that Tom Fulp is not a demi-god, rather, he is another person, like most of society.

fatfukincanada
fatfukincanada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 12:34 AM Reply

AtSounds sweet! lol. i wish i was closer...i live in canada...damn! lol. oh well at least i got the website to visit. hope you guys have a good time and keep it real. post some pics!!! gotta see th set-up.

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Went to comic con today. Saw Tom Fulp. Played som Alien Hominid (Soviet Sickle map and the City.) I was quite impressed. There shipping toys soon , and also had some AH skate board decks. and a giant AH guy. The thing is, Tom is such a semi star there. Wish I had him autograph some random NG stiuff. Yes, that would be swell.

I suggest you Head out to Comic Con. I hear Synj is around. Haven't witnessed him though. But Tom was there.

-Seph In San

neveryoumind
neveryoumind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:15 AM Reply

ya well i would try to go there but i dont no where it is it sounds really awsome but...AH god its one of the best games i have played in a while...and i have played alot of games. man o man its so awsome. but naywho someone pls tell me where it.

TheSphincter
TheSphincter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:16 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:06 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote: Went to comic con today. Saw Tom Fulp. Played som Alien Hominid (Soviet Sickle map and the City.) I was quite impressed. There shipping toys soon , and also had some AH skate board decks. and a giant AH guy. The thing is, Tom is such a semi star there. Wish I had him autograph some random NG stiuff. Yes, that would be swell.

Cool, bad thing you couldn't get anything autographed. That would be pretty neat to have in a collection.

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 02:15 AM, neveryoumind wrote: ya well i would try to go there but i dont no where it is it sounds really awsome but...AH god its one of the best games i have played in a while...and i have played alot of games. man o man its so awsome. but naywho someone pls tell me where it.

Actually I going to get photography to share tomorrow. Hope fully Tom in all his glory and AH giving me the thumbs up, and the booth, just for the people who didn't go. And its Located in San Diego's Downtown convention center near the harbor.

And to the next repliar..

Maybe if i order a sticker or shirt it will get here in 2 days? :p

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:06 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote: Went to comic con today. Saw Tom Fulp. Played som Alien Hominid (Soviet Sickle map and the City.) I was quite impressed. There shipping toys soon , and also had some AH skate board decks. and a giant AH guy. The thing is, Tom is such a semi star there. Wish I had him autograph some random NG stiuff. Yes, that would be swell.

I suggest you Head out to Comic Con. I hear Synj is around. Haven't witnessed him though. But Tom was there.

-Seph In San

haha, shoot, i was there like 95% of the time so far! bummer!

i am glad some people are posting their impressions in the thread here so others can get actual witness views of the game! thanks for spreading the word guys!

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:57 AM Reply

So Dan, are you and Tom gonna be posting any pictures soon? I'm anxious to see some. :)

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:15 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 02:57 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: So Dan, are you and Tom gonna be posting any pictures soon? I'm anxious to see some. :)

i'm equally anxious to post them, however i have a horrible cellphone cam only and it would be anti-climatic for me to post images. i will see if i can get some of the guys to do that soon!

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:45 AM Reply

i am glad some people are posting their impressions in the thread here so others can get actual witness views of the game! thanks for spreading the word guys!

Wow really. Hold up your Badge like a flag next time so i know its you, allowing me to grace your presents and ultimately end up shaking your hand. We can share war stories and eat krumpets, and talk about how gross the Cafe express pizza tastes. yes, it would be delightfull no?

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:50 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 03:45 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote:

Wow really. Hold up your Badge like a flag next time so i know its you, allowing me to grace your presents and ultimately end up shaking your hand. We can share war stories and eat krumpets, and talk about how gross the Cafe express pizza tastes. yes, it would be delightfull no?

indeed, old chap, indeed. my badge is on my shorts, just um look for short guy with glasses and a wristband. asking for dan always works too! you might've missed me because i was playing the game alongside a lot of people today. if all else fails buy some figurines and they will make me come over and sign it with tom!

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:58 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 03:50 AM, DanPaladin wrote:
At 7/23/04 03:45 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote:

indeed, old chap, indeed. my badge is on my shorts, just um look for short guy with glasses and a wristband. asking for dan always works too! you might've missed me because i was playing the game alongside a lot of people today. if all else fails buy some figurines and they will make me come over and sign it with tom!

Ask for dan, Dan the man, or others work too right? I didnt know they sold toys in that booth,I heard some worker talking about toys... but i didnt know they sold em! Wow, gotta bring my wallet tomorrow. Is it possible I can purchase a deck? I was ready to spray paint my old one as a tribute and have you sign it. heh.

joberbichler
joberbichler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:01 AM Reply

WHEN THE HELL IS THE DAMN GAME COMING OUT?!! Don't give ME the cold shoulder! ANSWER ME DAMN YOU! ANSWER ME! That's right! I've got knives in my kitchen too, bitch!

Jokes! Like I said in another post, I cannot be there...because I live in Australia...and I'm 15...and I want to see some pictures DAMMIT!!!

pythagoras
pythagoras
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:21 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 03:58 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote: Ask for dan, Dan the man, or others work too right? I didnt know they sold toys in that booth,I heard some worker talking about toys... but i didnt know they sold em!

Forget that, we want to know what the game is like! ;D

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:53 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 04:21 AM, pythagoras- wrote:
At 7/23/04 03:58 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote: Ask for dan, Dan the man, or others work too right? I didnt know they sold toys in that booth,I heard some worker talking about toys... but i didnt know they sold em!
Forget that, we want to know what the game is like! ;D

It's a semi-acid trip Metal Slug ;).

I was impressed by the "Soviet's and Sickles" (lack of a better name) map.

The map had so much s**t going it was boggling my fragile mind. Enemy Communists (in the infamous red, of course. ;) ) were popping from the ground, jumping from off the screen, Shooting me and running around that it was hurting my mind (in a good way). But it hurt my fist when i punched my self for missing the smallest microscopic green bullet.

Later I enjoyed two player co-op on a city map (downtown destruction) (use my ma names :P) . Little did i know until now, it was Dan i was playing with (HOLY$#!7).

You can Drive cars, jump on the roofs (Like the Newgrounds version) bite off heads, ROLL to dodge bullets, Throw 'nades, dig into the ground, and use new insane weapons. Like the Ken punch (or something). Most of the maps were flavored with humourus jokes (which I enjoyed). And now the children feed you weapon power ups (No, you can't frag em. I wish ;D).

I really cant say much, considering i write retarded. But you gotta play it your self. Which i hope you do. F*ck i sound like a commercial.

joberbichler
joberbichler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:28 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 04:53 AM, Sephirothfinalfant7 wrote:
It's a semi-acid trip Metal Slug ;).

This is what I was expecting due to the gameplay of the "Internet Flash Demo" and Synj's/Dan's CRAZY animation style! If I annoyed people with my earlier post then, soz...uh...sorry!

EvlKriket
EvlKriket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:00 AM Reply

i heart san diego :(

DysLexic0n3
DysLexic0n3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 7/23/04 08:00 AM, EvlKriket wrote: i heart san diego :(

Haha, Right next to the convention center 3 blocks down is a major ghetto where the less fortunate reside. Today, I saw a crack head dealing to two lesbian dyke hookers as a homeless man vomited into a shoe. But to paint bright paintings you must use dark colors?

gearhead91889
gearhead91889
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 09:19 AM Reply

kool i'll try and make it.

HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:50 AM Reply

Are you guys doing any advertising outside of the internet and Comic-Con? Like tv, print, or old-school radio.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
ToasterStrudel
ToasterStrudel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Can't make it to Comic-Con cause i live in VA, But I can't wait for the game to come out! Does anyone know if it's coming out for Xbox?

Pilot-Doofy
Pilot-Doofy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 7/22/04 01:31 PM, Morextremist wrote: tom should also make the alien hominid movie.

lol j00 g0t j00r tittie gr@bb3d in j00r pr0fil3 pixtur3!

Bertuzzi44
Bertuzzi44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 04:53 AM, DysLexic0n3 wrote: I really cant say much, considering i write retarded. But you gotta play it your self. Which i hope you do. F*ck i sound like a commercial.

What console was it on? The Gamecube?

Psycho-Nuts
Psycho-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 08:13 AM, DysLexic0n3 wrote:
At 7/23/04 08:00 AM, EvlKriket wrote: i heart san diego :(
Haha, Right next to the convention center 3 blocks down is a major ghetto where the less fortunate reside. Today, I saw a crack head dealing to two lesbian dyke hookers as a homeless man vomited into a shoe. But to paint bright paintings you must use dark colors?

Lol. If I want to see that I'll just go down to the train station where all the hookers and drug dealers are. I saw them boiling shit on a spoon. What fun herion is. Man drugs are stupid. Waste of money and life. Just stay up all night and get crazy. That works sometimes. If I was there right now I would not leave Tom's booth. I would stay there untill closing then attempt to follow him to a bar or something where we would knock back a few drinks and what not. Then again Kevin J Anderson will be there and his SW books kick ass so yay. Maybe he would be right next to Tom so I can avoid the trouble. And Dan for the love of god, post what consols it will be for so everyone will stop asking. Last I heard it was PS2 and Gamecube.

craze3
craze3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I live in the bay area, but im in fallbrook right now and ill be able to come to comic-con. IM SO HAPPY!!! But i know that alot of you cant go but you want to, so im willing to offer you this:

*A video greeting from tom fulp to you.
*Tom Fulp's Autograph
*And a random souvenier from comic-con.

That's right one of you lucky ducks can win it all! All you gotta do is click zome here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=152344

(yes i said zome. so wat?)

scottmale24
scottmale24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 7/22/04 12:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: Despite being only a taste of what the actual even will be like, tonight was a lot of fun! We had a constant flow of visitors playing Alien Hominid on the consoles, and sold some figurines and t-shirts.

The highlight of tonight was being visited by a fan who has followed the site since 1999. He is shipping out to Iraq soon, and brought me a military desert hat as a gift! That had to be one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me!

Free Hat! Free Hat! Free Hat!
i don't know how long i've been following the site. i became a member in 2001. the farthest back i can remember was when the site navigation bar was black and the icons were yellow and pixel-y.... that make any sense?
anyway, have fun at your convention.

Art thread // Epic Quest! // Webcomic
Sig art by Kosmikophobia

BBS Signature
Cinderblock
Cinderblock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 09:54 PM Reply

How i wish be on The Comic-Con

But to go i don't have to Go To San Diego area.

I have to take an Airplane and then go To San Diego.

What a BaD Luck i have.

Comic-Con News!!!

Wandering-Warrior
Wandering-Warrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 10:26 PM Reply

thinks to himself [i wish i could get his autograph....sell it on ebay] lol

False tooth fell out. Kissing ended.

FireballX301
FireballX301
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Comic-Con News!!! Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 11:05 PM Reply

I GOT MY AUTOGRAPHED SHIRT!!!!!!!

http://img78.photobucket.com/a...&current=comiccon2_034.jpg <---me next to Tom Fulp