Be a Supporter!

Major Leauge Baseball

  • 214,631 Views
  • 9,880 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 7/14/04 01:45 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote: The mets can win, only if they can pass the NL then go face the Red Sox in the world series! They don't stand a chance!

If the Mets/Red Sox WS did happen, the Mets will win due to The Curse of Bambino!


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 02:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 7/14/04 01:45 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote: The mets can win, only if they can pass the NL then go face the Red Sox in the world series! They don't stand a chance!
If the Mets/Red Sox WS did happen, the Mets will win due to The Curse of Bambino!

No, they would lose because it is not 1986 and Bill Buckner is not on our team! lol.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 02:56 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
At 7/18/04 02:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
No, they would lose because it is not 1986 and Bill Buckner is not on our team! lol.

Watch as Garciapara lets one roll between his legs.


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 02:57 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
At 7/18/04 02:56 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
At 7/18/04 02:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
No, they would lose because it is not 1986 and Bill Buckner is not on our team! lol.
Watch as Garciapara lets one roll between his legs.

Or maybe Bill Mueller.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:02 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 7/18/04 02:57 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Watch as Garciapara lets one roll between his legs.
Or maybe Bill Mueller.

Or that traitor, Pokey Reese. Man he was such a good fit in Cincy. I'm sad he left. =(


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:07 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
At 7/18/04 03:02 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 7/18/04 02:57 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Watch as Garciapara lets one roll between his legs.
Or maybe Bill Mueller.
Or that traitor, Pokey Reese. Man he was such a good fit in Cincy. I'm sad he left. =(

If anyone it would be Bill Mueller. Remember, it is the curse of the B's.

<deleted>
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:14 PM Reply

Favorite team is phillies and favorite player is....... thome I guess.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:14 PM, -Towelie- wrote: Favorite team is phillies and favorite player is....... thome I guess.

Welcome. It was so funny when Thome left the Indians and went to Philly. All the people up in Cleveland were pitching and writing nasty things about him in the paper.

People up in Cleveland are assholes when It comes to sports.


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:16 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Welcome. It was so funny when Thome left the Indians and went to Philly. All the people up in Cleveland were pitching and writing nasty things about him in the paper.

People up in Cleveland are assholes when It comes to sports.

Clevelands teams all suck ass thats why. :)

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:13 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
If anyone it would be Bill Mueller. Remember, it is the curse of the killer B's.

Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Bagwell, Boggs, Boone, and [ insert name ]


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:18 PM, -Towelie- wrote: Clevelands teams all suck ass thats why. :)

How true. How very true.


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 03:44 PM Reply

If anyone is intereated:

www.baseball-reference.com

www.baseball-almanac.com


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 18th, 2004 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 03:44 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: If anyone is intereated:

www.baseball-reference.com

www.baseball-almanac.com

Awesome sites, thanx idiot finder. Great stuff.

This reminds me, how bout some trivia? Ask a question on Baseball, and if you get it right you can ask a question. It's good ol fun.

First Question. And an Easy one at that. What was the first Baseball team and when were they established?

You must have the Correct name and year. Good Luck ^^


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Anyone? At all? Come on, it's not THAT difficult, give it a shot.


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 01:10 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Anyone? At all? Come on, it's not THAT difficult, give it a shot.

Yea! Sox Split the series with the angels! Thank you Shilling! I wonder who our next opposition is?

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 01:21 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
At 7/19/04 01:10 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Anyone? At all? Come on, it's not THAT difficult, give it a shot.
Yea! Sox Split the series with the angels! Thank you Shilling! I wonder who our next opposition is?

Got an answer to the trivia Bibby? Wanna even try and guess?


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 01:23 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
At 7/19/04 01:21 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
At 7/19/04 01:10 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Anyone? At all? Come on, it's not THAT difficult, give it a shot.
Yea! Sox Split the series with the angels! Thank you Shilling! I wonder who our next opposition is?
Got an answer to the trivia Bibby? Wanna even try and guess?

What was the fuckin question red? lol. You act like I know what the fuck is going on! lol.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 7/18/04 09:48 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: First Question. And an Easy one at that. What was the first Baseball team and when were they established?

You must have the Correct name and year. Good Luck ^^

Go for it. And while you're at it, try to get a clue XD


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:06 PM Reply

Sometime around 1892 I believe. The team I can't Recall tho. Hmmmm... O well, I got close to the year.

Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Ok, In 1876 the two first teams were the Chicago White Stockings(lol, not much of a change) and the Boston Red Caps (Pretty Close). Kinda funny that the 2 sox would be the first ones. lol.

Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 02:11 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote: Ok, In 1876 the two first teams were the Chicago White Stockings(lol, not much of a change) and the Boston Red Caps (Pretty Close). Kinda funny that the 2 sox would be the first ones. lol.

Sorry for the triple, but the Braves were the Boston Red Caps, not the Sox. My bad.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:15 PM Reply

Correct year, wrong team.

The FIRST team established was none of those. You were close with one of them though. Try Again =P


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 02:15 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Correct year, wrong team.

The FIRST team established was none of those. You were close with one of them though. Try Again =P

1876, The Chicago White Stockings whom would later become The Chicago Cubs.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 02:30 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote:
The FIRST team established was none of those. You were close with one of them though. Try Again =P
1876, The Chicago White Stockings whom would later become The Chicago Cubs.

Nope. Wrong again my friend. Give up?


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 02:38 PM Reply

I read that the Montreal expos traded Carl everett to the Chicago white sox for minor league pitchers Jon rauch and Gary majewski.


BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 03:28 PM Reply

I never give up red!

1875, The Philly White Stockings.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 7/19/04 03:28 PM, Bibby_Ney wrote: I never give up red!

1875, The Philly White Stockings.

The Cincinnati Red Stockings ^^

At 7/19/04 02:38 PM, LordKooler wrote: I read that the Montreal expos traded Carl everett to the Chicago white sox for minor league pitchers Jon rauch and Gary majewski.

Yep. Nothing too intresting gonna happen by the deadline. Just as I predicted.


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Bibby-Ney
Bibby-Ney
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 03:58 PM Reply

The red stockings were a team that played in an AA leauge in 1882. The Philly White Stockings were a rpo team established in 1875. Tell me which one is right and were you found that info out!

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Hey I never noticed this club before mind if i hang around??

I love baseball and i love my Angels...

~X~


~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jul. 19th, 2004 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Welcom ~X~

Got a favorite player? And what's your favorite world series by the way?


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature