New Topic Respond to this Topic
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 27th, 2007 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 5/27/07 09:34 AM, Rbyers wrote: Becket is supposed to be out for maybe another 10 days, which sucks because the only three people on the injured list are pitchers, and obviously Lester won't be back for probably months. I dont really see the Yankees as a threat, because we're 6-2 with them. The Tribes are probably not as good, but have some better aspects. Hopefully we'll at least get 2 wins out of them

Actually... Beckett himself said that he plans to start on Tuesday against the Indians.. Apparently he's all ready to go.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 27th, 2007 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 5/26/07 05:49 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: We beat the Rangers like I expected. Meanwhile, the Angels topped the Yanks in the series opener as Clippard suffered his first defeat. As a result, ourt lead is back to 10.5 games. lol!

I'm confident that the Yanks can make strides back towards you, but the main question at the moment is how?

How can we overcome this without help from the Red Sox? We can't but you guys can sure help us ;)

How long will Uncle George go on without deciding to pull the trigger on Joe Torre? I don't want to see him go, but it's looking increasingly likely at present.

Don Mattingly?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 27th, 2007 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 5/27/07 10:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm confident that the Yanks can make strides back towards you, but the main question at the moment is how?

I'll tell you how you guys can't come back... By getting swept at home by Anaheim. I'm pretty sure that doesn't help. On a related note, the Red Sox sweeped the Rangers ^_^.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 28th, 2007 @ 05:36 AM Reply

At 5/27/07 10:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm confident that the Yanks can make strides back towards you, but the main question at the moment is how?
How can we overcome this without help from the Red Sox? We can't but you guys can sure help us ;)

That's exactly why I have not counted you guys out yet. But as long as we stay healthy, it will be finally our year to win the division. :) :P ;)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 28th, 2007 @ 05:44 AM Reply

Sorry for the double post, but lol @ Daaaaaaa Cubbies for dropping another 1 run game in heart breaking fashion. Gooch, you are still welcome if you want to be a winner and switch to my Red Sox Nation. :D

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 28th, 2007 @ 11:13 PM Reply

Guess what happened?

Red Sox won (again) and the Yankess lost.... Again!!

J-BYRD2
J-BYRD2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 29th, 2007 @ 01:28 AM Reply

braves topping the brewers 2-1 was nice, especially seeing andruw going the other way on his homer and chuck james getting a good performance.

brewers have been slipping a little lately, but so have the braves, and as soon as chipper gets back into the lineup they'll start catching the mets again

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 29th, 2007 @ 05:48 AM Reply

At 5/28/07 11:13 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Guess what happened?

Red Sox won (again) and the Yankess lost.... Again!!

Now we are leading them by 13.6 games. I have a feeling that Torrie's days as NYY's manager will soon come to a miserable end. :P :D

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 29th, 2007 @ 05:37 PM Reply

Strides? As in, oh, I dunno, NOT BEING BEHIND THE THREE WORST TEAMS IN THE DIVISION!?! I mean...BALTIMORE. Come on. Come on. They don't even have any pitching! Oooh, Steve Trachsel & Erik Bedard, oooh, I'm shaking in my boots over here.

And wtf, Toronto. TORONTO. The team with no closer, no ace, and a borderline below-average rotation is kicking us around. Dustin McGowan setting a career-high in Ks last night? Perhaps fluky, perhaps just the fact that our power hitters are complete tools and will swing away at anything that comes toward the plate (Giambi/A-Rod) or will stand there like an iceman and expect to walk every time up (Abreu).

Seriously, I could throw 30-mile-an-hour softball lobs at Abreu, and he still wouldn't budge from that stance with the ridiculous "hay guyz i has a bat & $16 million dollarz lol" grin on his smug face. Ugh.

Because the bullpen with guys throwing their best stuff (Okajima wut?), a lights-out closer who can take over the game (Papelbon who? wut?), and a guy who will return to leaving hitters with a .120 or so average the first time around once Jon Lester gets back into the rotation (Julian Tavarez where? who? wut?) will suddenly and inexplicably falter, and at the same time, the bullpen consisting of a guy who couldn't make it in a division considered the weakest in baseball for most of his time there (Vizcaino), a submariner who would have more success selling Rogaine then throwing at major-league hitters at this point in his career (Mike Myers), a guy who can't throw anymore at all and is only in the league now because he's a lefty (Ron Villone), and a guy who's getting paid $5.25 million to throw really fast and look intimidating on the mound, but can't get an out, has an ERA of nearly 6.00, and has walked more than he's struck out (Farnsworth). Oh, and who can forget our future bullpen staple, the most expensive Single-A pitcher in the history of the game, Kei Igawa ($46 million?! Why, we'll take it! What a steal, great job there Cashman!)

And would you believe we're paying our bullpen $21.25 million to play this bad?

Someone, for the good of the fans, bring back Gene Michael.

Don Mattingly?

Don Mattingly will become our manager because he's willing to take it in the ass from Steinbrenner, to be as frank as possible. It's quite obvious that Joe Girardi would be the FAR superior choice, but because he's able to undermine owners by showing them bluntly what they're doing wrong (Jeffery Loria, I'm talking to you, dickweed), he won't get hired, because Big Stein wants the final word, always.

At 5/26/07 07:33 PM, seventy-one wrote: Wilson Betemit and other crapzorbs/busts at the plate.

How is Betemit crappy or a bust? I mean, he gets only sporadic playing time, so you can't expect amazing stuff from him all the time when he barely gets in games...

Meanwhile, guys like Wilson Valdez, James Loney, and Larry Bigbie are wallowing in AAA Las Vegas. These are guys who it at, or near .400 with their stint with the Dodgers this year, whether at Spring Training or during the season. Wilson Betemit has only been good off the bench.
Juan Pierre has been a bust (you could bring up Loney, Bigbie or Kemp to back him up).

lmfao, you expected Juan Pierre to be good?

By all accounts, Juan Pierre is the epitome of, at best, an average, mediocre ballplayer. He's not suited for the leadoff spot AT ALL. This is a guy with a .256 career EqA, and a guy that has about 270 walks in 4300 career plate appearances. Just because he can run shouldn't negate the fact that its damn near impossible to expect him to get on often. My favorite line of how Pierre plays has to come from FJM:

In 180 AB he has walked 8 times and has a .307 OBP, good for a rock-liquid 140th in MLB. And he's a leadoff/2-hole hitter. He is one of the worst people in the league at not making outs, and the Dodgers give him the maximum possible number of out-making opportunities a player can have. Trying to score runs with Juan Pierre as your leadoff hitter is like trying to suture a wound in a moving car. You might still be successful -- but why make it so hard on yourself?

Juan Pierre: slightly below average in all phases of the game.

At 5/29/07 05:48 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Now we are leading them by 13.6 games. I have a feeling that Torrie's days as NYY's manager will soon come to a miserable end. :P :D

Before I rant, let me say this: Torre's*

Anyway, I really detest it when you use NYY instead of Yankees. Can you not spell Yankees or something? Would you prefer me to spell it out for you?

Y-A-N-K-E-E-S, Yankees.

Seriously, I don't think it's that much to ask that you don't abbreviate with NYY every. freaking. time.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 29th, 2007 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Well isn't that my luck.

The day I call out Juan Pierre for being the most overpaid, mediocre, average center-fielder in the game today, he sets a career-high with four (count 'em, four) extra base hits and an RBI. Now, granted, it was against the worst team in the entire league, and against a pitcher who has made five starts since 2004, but still.

And I see my rousing roast of the Yankees really did help, eh? This time it's Shawn Marcum holding us to 2 hits. Two hits on a payroll of nearly $200 million. That's $100 million per hit. I'm sure Big Stein will be elated after tonight, especially on that fantastic play where they let Aaron Hill steal home. >__<

And how about that Prince Fielder? Showing off some of his dad's genes there in Milwaukee, now he has seventeen homers on the year, and it's only May. At this rate he's up for a good fifty or so dingers.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 05:39 AM Reply

Buddhist, you still have one last option --- Roger Clement. I heard that he was going to pitch next Monday. But hey, you guys are 14.5 games back now. More importantly, your team is losing in every possible way. A. Hill stole HOME against you yesterday and Pettitte lost again despite pitching well. (wtf) Now can the Rocket save the season for you? I doubt it unless we are down due to injures. Oh, by the way, that's what Schilling said of Roger Clement pitching for your NYY: "We (BoSox) do not NEED him." :P

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 05:45 AM Reply

lol @ Buddhist for being so panic. Head up, it is not over YET.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 5/29/07 05:48 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Now we are leading them by 13.6 games. I have a feeling that Torrie's days as NYY's manager will soon come to a miserable end. :P :D

Well, even if they do, it could well be what we need. I can rest assured that he's a more successful manager than you've had for almost 100 years :P

We've just got to start doing the small things right and when we get Clemens and Hughes pitching for us, we can make inroads into that lead.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 10:42 AM Reply

I think I speak for everyone when I say.... Who the fuck is Roger Clement?

The guy's the best pitcher of our generation, at least get his name right.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 5/30/07 10:42 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I think I speak for everyone when I say.... Who the fuck is Roger Clement?

Is he some relation of Versus network's Hockey analyst, Bill Clement?

Oh, You mean William Roger 'Rocket' Clemens?

Kept me guessing for a moment there :P

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 5/30/07 03:09 PM, Coop83 wrote: Is he some relation of Versus network's Hockey analyst, Bill Clement?

No, he's related to another pitcher....Matt Clement.

Kept me guessing for a moment there :P

It just annoys me, its like the thing about always callling the Yankees the NYY... Its not that difficult to you, learn people's (or teams) names.

And the Braves managed to take two out of three games from the Brewers... The Braves needed that because they've been struggling. Tim Hudson pitched another good game allowing 2 runs in 7 innings. And Prince Fielder hit his 17th homer of the season which was the only highlight for Milwaukee.

Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 5/30/07 10:42 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I think I speak for everyone when I say.... Who the fuck is Roger Clement?

Dude is the worst baseball fan I've ever heard of.

Roger Clement, wtf.

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 30th, 2007 @ 06:39 PM Reply

Seriously, what's wrong with the NL ballot?
New York is doing some ballot stuffing. How is Jose Valentin 4th? And, although I think he is an All-Star, Jose Reyes is getting twice as many votes as JJ Hardy.

But the thing that is really ticking me off is that Paul Lo Duca is in the lead for catcher voting. And the greatest catcher in Major League Baseball, yes I said it and I'll say it again, the greatest catcher in Major League Baseball right now, this season, Russell Martin is a lowly 4th in NL voting.

A lot of these guys are ahead based only on name. Guys like Albert Pujols for example.

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 12:18 AM Reply

Why is it that when A.I. demands a trade everyone is on his side, but when Kobe says he wants to be traded he's a horrible player?

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:18 AM, seventy-one wrote: Why is it that when A.I. demands a trade everyone is on his side, but when Kobe says he wants to be traded he's a horrible player?

Wrong thread, whatever. It'd be easier if we just had a Sports Forum.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:18 AM, seventy-one wrote: Why is it that when A.I. demands a trade everyone is on his side, but when Kobe says he wants to be traded he's a horrible player?

Because AI is a better all-around player than Kobe. AI can steal bases, while Kobe hits a ton of Homers and drives in the runs, but to fails to win (or even reach) the World Series.... And I think you posted in the wrong topic.

Red Sox lost and the Yanks lost. Now I'm going to kick back and wait for DoD to talk about what a waste of money Dice-K has been.

Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 12:49 AM Reply

^Yankees won, sweet cheeks.

lol Dice-K. Nice ERA, champ.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:49 AM, Buddhist wrote: ^Yankees won, sweet cheeks.

My bad... I'm used to seeing then losing, so its their fault.

lol.... nice ERA, Carl Pavano... Oh wait.

phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 03:12 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:49 AM, Buddhist wrote: lol Dice-K. Nice ERA, champ.

I wonder if after his outing he decided to sleep on the dugout floor. Ya know, his teammates should remove their shoes when they enter the dugout.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 05:42 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:49 AM, Buddhist wrote: ^Yankees won, sweet cheeks.

Rofl, Dice-K certainly pitches like a 103 million dollars man. No wonder why EVERYONE says that Theo is a genius. Awesome work... I will be fine if Dice-K wins more than 15 games in the end of the regular season. I do not give a damn about his ERA as long as he wins twice as often as he loses. Oh, by the way, how about Igawa? Feel sorry for your 46 million dollars already? ;)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:51 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 5/31/07 12:49 AM, Buddhist wrote:
lol.... nice ERA, Carl Pavano... Oh wait.

Not to mention that the Yankees are still down by 13.5 games. :P

BBS Signature
seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:45 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Because AI is a better all-around player than Kobe. AI can steal bases, while Kobe hits a ton of Homers and drives in the runs, but to fails to win (or even reach) the World Series....

Nah, Kobe's more physical, he'll lay down that drag bunt, he'd sacrifice his body for a fly ball. AI only gets dirty when AI wants to get dirty.
Oh, and AI misses batting practice.

And I think you posted in the wrong topic.

Thanks for rubbing it in. Geez, its not like I said that in a post right after that or anything...

Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 5/31/07 12:51 AM, pepeatumi wrote: lol.... nice ERA, Carl Pavano... Oh wait.

lol.... nice ERA, Matt Clement... Oh wait.

At 5/31/07 06:37 PM, seventy-one wrote: Oh, and AI misses batting practice.

Kobe rapes the bat boy.

also, lol Giambi. Looks like Cashman is gonna regret not trading that big oaf now.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jason Giambi will be sidelined at least three weeks and possibly far longer after tearing tissue in his left foot while rounding the bases on a home run.

The latest setback in a tumultuous season for the New York Yankees designated hitter occurred Tuesday night in Toronto. Giambi was examined in New York on Thursday by Dr. William Hamilton and will be placed on the disabled list before Friday's game at Boston.

"I'd say it's a severe injury," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said.

While the best-case scenario likely would have Giambi returning in three to six weeks, Cashman couldn't rule out that Giambi could miss the remainder of the season.

Oh, and lol, Phil Hughes.

RHP Phil Hughes has a grade three ankle sprain and won't resume pitching off a mound for four to six weeks, Cashman said.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball May. 31st, 2007 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 5/31/07 09:46 PM, Buddhist wrote: lol.... nice ERA, Matt Clement... Oh wait.

lol... nice ERA,.. Ok. you win this round.

At 5/31/07 06:37 PM, seventy-one wrote:
Kobe rapes the bat boy.

Once again, you win!

also, lol Giambi. Looks like Cashman is gonna regret not trading that big oaf now.

He wasn't doing anything anyways... So its not that big of a loss.

Oh, and lol, Phil Hughes.

You can put in on the boarrrrrrd, yes!

At least the Pistons are winning by 5 >_>

seventy-one
seventy-one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball Jun. 1st, 2007 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 5/31/07 09:46 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 5/31/07 06:37 PM, seventy-one wrote: Oh, and AI misses batting practice.
Kobe rapes the bat boy.

*had an affair with the bat boy (bat girl).

Anyways, Larry Bigbie using the escape clause in his contract to leave L.A., or should I say, to leave Las Vegas. Yes, the man who batted .400 in Spring Training, and .348 with 34 RBIs in AAA was never called up to big leagues, and now is leaving. I can't say how pissed I am at management in Los Angeles, is this a disease that spans across all L.A. sports teams?