Iceman-of-doom
Iceman-of-doom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-03-31 20:24:37 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:13 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 3/31/05 01:40 PM, Iceman_of_doom wrote: although I wasn't around. I'd have to say that any one of the Yankees-Brooklyn Dodgers WS would've been the best.
1947?

I'm not sure which one would've been the best. There were 6 total with the Yanks winning 5 of them. I believe that the heated rivalry b/t these two clubs would've made for a rather exciting WS. I also believe that quite a few of their World Serieses(?) went into game 7 (or the last possible match)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 03:41:27 Reply

At 3/31/05 08:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Also don't forget there's a chance that steroids user may get in. WTF?

Even if Barry bonds does make it past Aaron's record, if he's a steriod user, he should be made an example of.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey News #StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 04:21:27 Reply

At 4/1/05 03:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: Even if Barry bonds does make it past Aaron's record, if he's a steriod user, he should be made an example of.

I can only hope they make an example out of Bonds. Aaron but his very LIFE on the line to break that record. He risked everything to go out during a time where blacks were still not entirely accepted into the game. He went out despite recieveing numerous death threats in the mail.

For a black man , ...no, for ANY man to break his record because of the use of steroids is nothing short of spitting in the mans face.

I hate you Bonds. I'm not sure when you started, but it's become obvious you've been using something. You were great all on your own, destined to make the Hall without any help. How could you? You make me sick. You have no redeming value to me or true baseball fans anymore.

Kill yourself and save one of us the trouble >: (

</end>

Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
krowdick
krowdick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 11:44:50 Reply

Cool baseball man, my team the Chicago Cubs my player Aramis Ramirez whats up frOM THE NORTH SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 16:30:00 Reply

At 4/1/05 04:21 AM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
I hate you Bonds. I'm not sure when you started, but it's become obvious you've been using something. You were great all on your own, destined to make the Hall without any help. How could you? You make me sick. You have no redeming value to me or true baseball fans anymore.

Somewhere in 2000.

Please subscribe "As the old saying goes...what was it again?" .·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 20:25:06 Reply

Quiz:

Who won the first 7 pitching Gold Gloves?

Please subscribe "As the old saying goes...what was it again?" .·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Iceman-of-doom
Iceman-of-doom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 21:04:39 Reply

Jim Kaat?

Iceman-of-doom
Iceman-of-doom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 21:06:22 Reply

At 4/1/05 08:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Quiz:

Jim Kaat?

sorry for the double post

krowdick
krowdick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 21:10:12 Reply

willie mays

Blah

phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-01 21:31:22 Reply

At 4/1/05 08:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Quiz:

That would be Bobby Shantz, but he won 8. His first four were from '57-'60 with the Yanks, and his second 4 were from '61-64 with the Cards.

Oh by the way, Hello all, I would like to join this fine establisment if you guys don't mind.
I went through some of the previous first posts of those in this club and it seems that most stated their favorite teams, so I will do the same and mention the Phillies as that team, even though they suck and I have no faith in them until they get rid of Ed Wade.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 00:05:20 Reply

At 4/1/05 09:31 PM, phileeguy wrote: That would be Bobby Shantz, but he won 8. His first four were from '57-'60 with the Yanks, and his second 4 were from '61-64 with the Cards.

*sniff* That was beautiful. Another guru like meself?

Oh by the way, Hello all, I would like to join this fine establisment if you guys don't mind.

Welcome to le club. Glad to have another fan on board.

I went through some of the previous first posts of those in this club and it seems that most stated their favorite teams, so I will do the same and mention the Phillies as that team, even though they suck and I have no faith in them until they get rid of Ed Wade.

Ed Wade....Damn, it still boggles the mind how, despite the fact that he's a failure and his hated by Philly fans nation-wide, he manages to hold onto that job. And whats worse is that there aren't any signs of him going just yet.

BBS Signature
phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 00:15:50 Reply

At 4/2/05 12:05 AM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Ed Wade....Damn, it still boggles the mind how, despite the fact that he's a failure and his hated by Philly fans nation-wide, he manages to hold onto that job. And whats worse is that there aren't any signs of him going just yet.

Oh I would say 98% of Phillies fans want him gone and the other 2% aren't big enough fans to know who he is or what he has done (more like not done).

But this season will make or break him. If the Phils don't reach the playoffs, which would make it 12 straight years, the feeling is that he would most likely go. Wade was on board for the past 6 or 7.

The hypothetical debate/poll right now in Philly is "Would we rather have the Phillies make the Playoffs this year, which would guarantee at least 2 more seasons for Wade, or not want them to make it to the post season, which would most likely be Wade's demise." I, along with most other fans, would rather have the latter happen.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 00:25:59 Reply

At 4/2/05 12:15 AM, phileeguy wrote: But this season will make or break him. If the Phils don't reach the playoffs, which would make it 12 straight years, the feeling is that he would most likely go. Wade was on board for the past 6 or 7.

Yeah, It's been a tough ride for them. There have been a few years in which I felt they had all the tools needed to at LEAST make the playoffs. You can't blame it all on the GM because of the way management dropped the ball. But I do agree with the fact that Wade is one of the worst GM's out there.

The hypothetical debate/poll right now in Philly is "Would we rather have the Phillies make the Playoffs this year, which would guarantee at least 2 more seasons for Wade, or not want them to make it to the post season, which would most likely be Wade's demise." I, along with most other fans, would rather have the latter happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing them win this year and knock the Braves out from the top. But I don't think they have what it takes this year. They'll be okay, but not anywhere good enough to take the division

BBS Signature
tehsporkinator
tehsporkinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 00:28:04 Reply

Hey all im a fellow baseball fan my favorite baseball team is the atlanta braves with marcus giles as my favorite player . braves in the world series '05

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 00:40:44 Reply

At 4/2/05 12:28 AM, tehsporkinator wrote: Hey all im a fellow baseball fan my favorite baseball team is the atlanta braves with marcus giles as my favorite player . braves in the world series '05

Welcome aboard. The Braces look good, but I doubt they will win the series. Heck, they might not even win the division. They have to watch out for them Nationals you know...

A bit of humor there.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 18:55:22 Reply

2) How many no-hitters was Paige said to have thrown in the Negro Leagues?

3) Who is the first manager to win both AL and NL pennant( excluding the WS )?

4) Whom does NY Post and Daily News refers to when on front and back page read " BLAUCH-HEAD!!!" and " BRAIN-LAUCH!!! "?

BBS Signature
phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-02 19:17:55 Reply

At 4/2/05 06:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: 4) Whom does NY Post and Daily News refers to when on front and back page read " BLAUCH-HEAD!!!" and " BRAIN-LAUCH!!! "?

The spelling gives that one away. Only one player I have known with that name spelling, Chuck Knoblauch.

The incident that generated those reports was in the Yanks-Indians postseason series about 7 years ago when he dropped the ball and argued. Indians scored on the play. I found a video of it, and it still is rather funny.

Video.

I'm stumped on the other 2, I'll hafta google 'em ;)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-03 15:35:15 Reply

Okay, the season starts tonight, with a HUGE bang. Yanks- Red Sox, in the Bronx

Obviously, I believe the Yanks will win, with the Big Unit taking the mound versus David Wells.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey News #StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-03 17:38:21 Reply

At 4/3/05 03:35 PM, Coop83 wrote: Okay, the season starts tonight, with a HUGE bang. Yanks- Red Sox, in the Bronx

Yep. There aren't too many games in the AL which will intrigue me this season as I am a NL guy, but this is definately one of them. I'll be taping this one as I will go and see Sin City tonight.

Obviously, I believe the Yanks will win, with the Big Unit taking the mound versus David Wells.

Yeah I've also got my money on the Yanks, I just think Johnson aged as a pitcher better than Wells. But I see the Sox winning the second in this series and the third being a toss-up. I honestly can't fathom a sweep by either team.

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-03 19:56:07 Reply

At 4/3/05 05:38 PM, phileeguy wrote:
At 4/3/05 03:35 PM, Coop83 wrote: Okay, the season starts tonight, with a HUGE bang. Yanks- Red Sox, in the Bronx

Oh baby, can't miss this!

Yeah I've also got my money on the Yanks, I just think Johnson aged as a pitcher better than Wells. But I see the Sox winning the second in this series and the third being a toss-up. I honestly can't fathom a sweep by either team.

Wells can't hold a candle to Johnson in many respects, but they're both good enough pitchers to shut down the opposing offense. The victory is going to spawn from whomever's offense can get in and how good their timing is. Not to mention the managment game. Wells will shutdown after a handful of innings, so they got to know when to pull him and go to that bullpen.

I'm gonna give it to the Bo Sox though. Not just because I despise the Yanks, but because I believe they have the best chance to win.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-04 19:01:41 Reply

9-2 Yanke!!! W00T!!!

BBS Signature
The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-04 19:04:45 Reply

At 4/4/05 07:01 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: 9-2 Yanke!!! W00T!!!

>: ( Don't remind me.

The rest of the majors opened the season today. Alot of decent performances coming in. A few disappointments, but all in all.....we still got a night of baseball left to go :O

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-05 06:30:28 Reply

After nearly all teams have played their first game, Dimitri Young has the major league lead, with 3 home runs. I watched the video highlights on mlb.com and they all looked pretty nice.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-05 20:39:27 Reply

4-3, though Mo doesn't look good today, at least we won. Hopefully he'll come around.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-06 11:04:51 Reply

At 4/5/05 08:39 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: 4-3, though Mo doesn't look good today, at least we won. Hopefully he'll come around.

It's early days. He'll get over his anti-Red Sox feelings soon enough. They just have a run of good luck against him at the moment.

Yankees for the sweep tonight? Tim Wakefield, the knuckleballer, against Mike 'The Moose' Mussina.

I think the moose will pitch strongly for about six innings, followed by a decent showing from the bullpen. I'm expecting A-rod and Giambi to get their offensive shows going today.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-06 20:35:27 Reply

At 4/6/05 11:04 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/5/05 08:39 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: 4-3, though Mo doesn't look good today, at least we won. Hopefully he'll come around.
It's early days. He'll get over his anti-Red Sox feelings soon enough. They just have a run of good luck against him at the moment.

Moose pitched well but Mo lost control of his fast ball and his cutter didn't work right for some reason. Hadn't seen him pitched that wildly since 1997. Hopefully a save against the Oreos will help cure it.

BBS Signature
Iceman-of-doom
Iceman-of-doom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-06 20:59:30 Reply

How 'bout them Cubbies!!! 16-5 opening day against D'backs. Setting new opening day franchise record from runs scored breaking the 15 runs set...last year against the Mets. Can we expect to see 17 next year? Only time will tell.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-07 09:30:08 Reply

At 4/6/05 08:59 PM, Iceman_of_doom wrote: How 'bout them Cubbies!!! 16-5 opening day against D'backs. Setting new opening day franchise record from runs scored breaking the 15 runs set...last year against the Mets. Can we expect to see 17 next year? Only time will tell.

That's the thing about baseball, you expect something to happen and someone springs a surprise somewhere along the line.

Damn Red Sox.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-07 21:21:02 Reply

bump.

BBS Signature
phileeguy
phileeguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Major Leauge Baseball 2005-04-07 23:33:19 Reply

I don't know what you guys have been hearing about bullpens around the league, but I never listen to the analysts, especially now. The local sports guys around here kept proclaiming that the Phils had one of the better bullpens in the league *cough*bullshit*cough*. I'm glad I usually don't listen to these guys and form my own opinions, and that is the Phillies have one of the worst bullpens in the league, save for their closer, Wagner, and a good younger kid, Ryan Madson.

I'm goin on this rant because the bullpen blew the Phils last 2 games, and the main culprit is Tim Worrel. In his games against the Expos (that's right, I hate the Nationals as a team name, what if they went to the AL?) he's already given up 5 runs in 2 1/3 innings, making his ERA near 20. He blew the lead today and last night as well incurring the loss.

Oddly enough, these so called experts said that the starters for the Phillies could be a flaw, yet so far they are 1-0 with 2 no decisions. But I expect that to change as the back end of the rotation takes on the Cards tomorrow and Saturday.

Oh well, it's still early yet.
</rant>