00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WannabePyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Find A Voice Actor Thread

30,665 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-09 10:52:46

Sure I'd love to do that! One thing...I'm not a professional actress yet although I would like to be :[ Where did you get the idea that I was?

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-09 12:28:07

Hey, I just finished putting together a demo reel. I hope you guys like it.

http://www.hostinganime.com/iscabibble/Shannon_DemoReel.zip

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-09 13:43:11

At 2/9/05 10:52 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: Sure I'd love to do that! One thing...I'm not a professional actress yet although I would like to be :[ Where did you get the idea that I was?

He probably thinks you play the girl in Inuyasha, lol. Still, your so good it sounds like your a profesional!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-09 18:41:34

Hey, I'm putting my hat back into the ring.

After the authors of all the movies I've done voices for decided not to make the movies... i'll become available again. Any way.

I can do SO MANY DIFFERENT VOICES is scary. some examples

Dr. Nick (simpsons)
Pilsbury doughboy
scooby doo
homsar (homestar runner)
coach Z(homestar runner)

Just a slew I can think of off the top my head, and of course those are existing characters, I can mix the different properties of different voices to match your character, just send me an email. If anybody is interested. Also you can take a look at my site.

http://www.geocities.com/gltovar@sbcglobal.net

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-09 20:57:26

you sure sound like a professional voice actress. i clicked on a link in your profile and it said you were a voice actress for some anime series. or didi you just dub them because they weren't available over here? anyways, I'm looking forward to working wih you.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 00:13:00

ya, she is good. If you wanna here more of her work, click below.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=216933
She did this flash with me.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 00:18:30

Oh man, this thread is still around, wow thats awsome. This is a really cool thread and I think I would like to participate. I have only voice acted in my own works, none of which I have submitted due to incomplecity. So I dont have a sample as of right now, but I will upload one shortly and since I am an attention whore I will be happy to take up almost any job!

Male, Age 15, Medium to high pitch voice. No accent, but I can fake one.... poorly.

Contact me at ThatCanadianGuy89@hotmail.com

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 00:19:30

Oh yeah sorry to double post but.... as I said... Attention whore.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 01:00:30

I can do a lot of voices, including

Zorak from SGC2C
Beavis
Butt-Head
Brak
Taco-Man

i just like doing wacky voices, so if you need my assistance, e-mail me. mailto:cyberen_broyoshi@yahoo.com

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all.- JM Keynes

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 01:57:32

At 2/9/05 08:57 PM, twilight_venom wrote: you sure sound like a professional voice actress. i clicked on a link in your profile and it said you were a voice actress for some anime series. or didi you just dub them because they weren't available over here? anyways, I'm looking forward to working wih you.

If you're referring to me, all of those anime series I was in were just fandubs, where people who are anime fans and/or amateur voice actors take a series and dub over the voices. Occasionally they will do series that have only been done in Japanese so far but sometimes I make Inu fandubs and try to sound like the English Kagome.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/217892

Something I was in that a friend made, check it out.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 01:59:50

At 2/10/05 12:19 AM, -CyberPunk- wrote: Oh yeah sorry to double post but.... as I said... Attention whore.

Just some advice..you might get a bigger response if you posted up some kind of demo or resume.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-10 02:55:50

I find it easier just to email people making requests. You can have all the demos you want, but you gotta have someone hear it first to make it count! :-)

That said, my sig is lonely because nobody ever clicks on the samplers. *sniffs* Poor, lonely, sad samplers....

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-20 06:52:14

At 2/10/05 02:55 AM, Omahdon wrote: That said, my sig is lonely because nobody ever clicks on the samplers. *sniffs* Poor, lonely, sad samplers....

Nya..same here.
WHICH IS ABOUT TO CHANGE!

New Demo - http://www.geocities.com/akanechan/animedemo.mp3

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-24 15:28:15

Ok, here is mine. If you need a voice actor and I'm not working on my own at the time I'll help ya out. www.users.muohio.edu/cliftojd/compiledclip.mp3 U can get me one AIM or by email, AIM is ironsite101

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-02-24 15:32:57

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Darn it, sorry for the double-post, I'll use the flashing gif thing. you can find my voice sample right above this post.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-02 18:33:52

I need a voice actor for an intro im doing for my site. But i am also checking for voices for other animations im doing.

For the intro i would like (il try to explain the best way i can):
A voice like the one here at the beginning when he says future animators of the future.
I would also like to hear other voices thanx in advance. Oh yeah my email is logana8@hotmail.com .

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-03 03:55:35

hey i need 3 Voices, Goku, Piccolo (about 11 years old) And an evil character.

Lines to say Goku: I'll Kill You!!!!!
Piccolo: Hey whats that sound:::::: And:::::::: Cool
Evil Character: I cant die this easy

Yes please help out as my voice is LAME!!! Thanks
BTW:::For the voices u dotn ahve to SOUND anything LIKE goku just a superhero, (same as others)

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-03 03:56:53

Sorry, make sure you send tryouts to Lotus_max1991@hotmail.com Or just post it here!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-03 05:45:47

I need someone who can do the LAW AND ORDER intro voice; Send your tryouts to PelvicThrusters@gmail.com Cheers

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-03 10:19:21

Hi. My name is Jason Brannon, the main person behind Bentframe Comedy and Bent TV and I have written and voiced several Flash Animations w/ Thomas Lee and Sam T - such as Star Wars Gansgta Rap, The Chipmunkz etc. I can do tons and tons of voices - to see an example of my voice work - watch any of the films on this Atomfilms page (I did 95% of all the voices

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/spotlight/collections/benttv/

I basically am trying to recruit one or more quality flash animators. My main animator, Thomas Lee, is very busy getting his masters. I will provide high quality, original audio (which I believe many quality animators are lacking). I am basically trying to make some more content to finish a DVD of a Pilot Episode called Bent TV that I will distribute to the Networks in hopes to land a series (Cartoon Network, Comedy Central etc.) I also have an outlet for some of my work at Atomfilms and they pay for any stuff they license - although I must say upfront that some of my concern is not with money as much as it is with making this pilot epsiode for TV and getting the idea out there - some of my ideas are to edgy for them but I think they would do very well - one being a cartoon I have been wanting to make for years: The Retarded Rapper. If you are a good animator in need of some original, high quality content and audio and are interested please email me JasonSBrannon@Yahoo.com and tell me your skills, ideas, and try and provide links to your work. In additon to original stuff, I'd like to do a Star Wars Lost Scenes spoof - I can do about 10 SW impersonations. If you have talent - email me please - please at least be a good animator if you contact me - I like to produce quality Flash Content.

Jason Brannon
Bentframe Comedy / Bent TV

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-06 13:31:32

i tried the other forums, but that didnt work, so now i try here

i urgently need one or two male voice actors for my upcoming resident evil spoof
the main voice needed is for Carlos (outta resident evil 3) and for barry (i think hes in 1)
if you are interested please email me or respond below
a preview of the artwork + animation can be found here
www.freewebs.com/flashhounds/temp.htm
this preview is part of 6 sketches, there is no sound and nothing really happens, but i cant fully animate it until i have all the v/a
cheers

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-06 21:49:53

Hey Im doing an animation like salad fingers kind of. I need a good voice..i dont need words i need it too sound like your lips are sown shut. Thanks

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-06 21:59:27

At 3/6/05 09:49 PM, XxjuggaloxX wrote: Hey Im doing an animation like salad fingers kind of. I need a good voice..i dont need words i need it too sound like your lips are sown shut. Thanks

Someone directed you to this thread but you'd prob do better in the VA club thread,
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=207423&page=29

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-08 17:13:13

hey triple arrow i need your voice acting skills.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-16 15:52:33

I'm on the making of a flash movie so...

Movie Name: Wake Up In Limbo
Description: It's a comedy about my avatar character. More info here.
Characters:

-JacKThERiPPeR (TAKEN)
He has just a badass voice with echo and stuff.

-Ripperguard #1
Barbarian-like voice.

-Ripperguard #2
A voice like the Skeletor's one.

-Ripperguard #3
Voice like Strong Mad.

-Succubus #1 (MUST BE FEMALE)
Just a female voice.

-Succubus #2 (MUST BE FEMALE)
Again, a female voice, but different from the other one.

-Troll
A mix between a lamer and a troll.

-Lammer Death Knight
A mix between a 1337man and a Warcraft III Death Knight.

-Sauron (RESERVED FOR LegendaryFrog AND COMPANY)
The typical voice of Sauron from One Ring to Rule Them All series.

-Wayne the Goblin (RESERVED FOR LegendaryFrog AND COMPANY)
The typical voice of Wayne from One Ring to Rule Them All series.

-Krinkels' Madness Guy
I just need a scream from the mix of the voice of Strong Mad and a nerd.

-Multiple Ripperguards:
From multiple barbarian-like voices. Must have it's doubling effect. Get Goldwave.

How to contact me: Via this post (where the script is) or via MSN or AIM.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-16 18:27:04

JtR666, I posted about this in the other VA thread. Please email with details.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-18 00:34:42

i need people who are good at voicing Invader Zim characters. the Dib and Computer voices have been taken care of. Anything else, as far as i know, is fair game. We really need Zim and GIR right now. remember:

GIR is done by a man. the original recordings are much lower in pitch, so dont strain your vocal cords. so you must be a man who sounds like Rikki Simons when you do it.

ZIM must also be done by a man.

please contact the people at IZFAS if you got the stuff. you may need your own free space or at least ask someone else to host your voice bytes. good luck to you all!

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all.- JM Keynes

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-18 02:02:03

I remember auditioning on the IZFAS forums. Nobody cared. That hurt. A lot. Better luck to other people auditioning, though! You'll probably need it. Phew. Like breaking ice in sub-zero temperatures with a toothpick....

Anyway.... *goes into recording mode* If you're looking for voice actors, there's the Newgrounds' Voice Acting Club. There's also a roster of all its members, if you want to try handpicking your VA people. Hope this helps!

[This cut-n-paste message has been brought to you by the Newgrounds' Voice Acting Club, with help from sponsors like Communist Chew: For the little red revolutionary inside all of us. And posters like you.]

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-18 02:12:05

is there a way to search for voice actors based on what they can imitate?

And sorry you got hurt, i don't even remember what you auditioned for.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2005-03-18 02:17:52

sorry for the double-posting. doesn't seem like anyone there can do any invader zim voices (and the only mention is from a girl who thinks they don't pitch up GIR's voice). I guess i did just search through it using the "Find (on this page)" function but to no avail. i won't give up though!