00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Find A Voice Actor Thread

30,703 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-26 05:36:34

I love this thread. I posted, and instantly got a few emails and D-Mac posted, I nearly have my full array of voice actors. :)

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-26 14:46:30

Ok, I need voices for a comedy movie I am doing, called metal gear solid 3: Spam Eater.
Here are the parts I need:

Snake- a deep, serious voice with an american accent. playing the metal gear solid games may help you understand what I am looking for.

Major Tom- a deep, serious, voice with a british accent.

Tuxedo monkey- a deep, agent smith type, voice.

Soldier- I don`t have many specific details on this voice, but this person must be willing to yell.

Monkey(s)- high pitched grunts and monkey noises, must sound cute.

Sokolov- a voice with a russian accent (I realize there are not many russians here, so I may need a very good voice actor for this part), must be willing to yell.

Gaurd#1- a fairly comical voice.

Gaurd#2- a serious voice.

Bunny- another voice that would just be a cute noise.

Also, in the blooper reel I may put an auditions for the parts bit, so if anyone is up to it they can do a sample for a character that they know they are not fit for, just for comedy.

Here are the ways to contact me-
E-mail- boxerlock@gmail.com
AIM- krosork
YIM- Boxer_lock@yahoo.com
MSN- boxer_lock@hotmail.com

I hope to be seeing some good voices from you guys, I may contact a few of you myself as I have been seeing some great samples lately.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-26 17:58:40

A radio station wanted me todo drop of my arnold shwarzenegger impresion if anyone needs one of those i can do it as well as thefollowing

Bill clinton
george w bush
jimmy stewart
a weird australian coke addict
Hans And/or frans (fromSNL)
mike tyson
rosie odeonell (even though i dont like to admit it)
AND MANY MANY MORE!!!!!1!!!!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-26 18:45:30

---- Project Lore ----

Skip down to the bottom if you want me to get to the point, but I think as a voice actor, you should know about the movie and what I'm trying to make...

Im beginning a new fantasy genre movie. As always I expect to make a series out of a movie, so pretend like I'm actually faithful to my projects, and expect to do lines for each episode (Not too much work for you though). Please, check out my movies, Syenika specifically, so you can see whether my movie will be worth your time.

The characters aren't too old, probably pubescent little teenagers :D, although they may not look so. Take a look at the characters (who have no names yet). They're not as young as they look, I was going for a chibi style, but I got carried away. But after awhile, they will grow, not too far beyond 16 and eventually they'll be fully grown like the knight on the left.

Now, the characters (from left to right, excluding the knight) are orc, human and elven.

Male - The orc - strong, spritual and mature for his age. I won't say he has to have a deep voice but he shouldn't sound too young. He'll have fun on occasions but when in dangerous areas he prefers to be alert.

"We should go through the other side of the mountain, I don't trust Dark elves"
"Bring bring an extra potion, this trail has Golems"
"*sigh* Well this dragon isn't too bright, it wants to sleep in the middle of the trail"

-------

Male - The human - Ambitious, curious and ignorant. This is the main character, he'll be at the front of the pack, but he usually takes advice from the orc. He has goals in the future. Just think of him as Ash from pokemon but... not stupid and flagrant. All I need is a good voice actor with a soft and innocent voice, nothing in particular.

"What does this bottle do?"
"This shield is too heavy, lets take another break."
"I'll be able to crush dragons with one slash if I keep practicing"

-------

Female - The elf - She can be described as the smart and unpredictable one. Her attitude is always positive, but not too perky. Faithful to stick with her other two friends and fight to the end with them. Basically the cool and calm headed one.

"Maybe if we rested here, it'll wake up and fly away in the morning"
"This town is beautiful, I wonder where the magic shoppe is..."

Their size might throw you off a bit, but keep in mind the series will take place over a few years. Its still in development, but knowing me, I'll make stuff up as I go along, like I did with Syenika.

Just a thought in the process of making the movie. I try to gather Ideas from all the MMORPGs out there, I'm not a big fan of DnD and all that geeky stuff, but Im gonna try to get it right, sorry if you disapprove as a voice actor.

Send samples of all or one of the lines from the character(s) that you are auditioning for, no preferences in particular for now, .wav or .mp3, either one.

send to:

Aim: Bluefllamez
E-mail: Bluefllamez@aol.com

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-26 21:25:33

Hey need a good male and female voice actor that can do multi voices and also help me out with this flash movie. Thanks

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-27 18:19:24

At 11/20/04 04:24 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote:
At 11/17/04 06:54 AM, gfoxclock wrote: What's with half the posts in this topic having "bump!" in them, eh? Maybe the news hasn't filtered as far as the remote island that is the Flash forum.... but "bump!" posts aren't a very good idea.
This thread is bumped often because sooooo many people who are unaware of it are constantly creating threads like, "Where on Earth can find voice actors?!!!" and "i want to voice in moives plz msg me on AIM".

I didn't say there was anything wrong with bumping a thread.

If you noticed, I was referring to SAYING "bump!" while bumping a thread.

People get banned for posting just "bump!" in a post. Most people who post "bump!" in here then go on to talk about something ontopic, so that's okay... but it's just better not to be in the habit of saying "bump!" at all, capisce?

Just trying to provide some helpful, constructive, ban-preventative advice to teh friends of Edwyn in here.

At 11/22/04 03:49 AM, Omahdon wrote:
At 11/17/04 06:54 AM, gfoxclock wrote: THIS REMOTE JUNGLE ISLAND... TRAPPED... OUT OF TIME... scares and confuses me. :::flees:::
Ah, Greg. Still as disturbing pedantic and overly focused on small details as ever! Somewhat comforting but at the same time, very odd indeed.

Again, what I said to that other guy. Posts consisting of only "bump!" = ban-fodder, just like "LOCK!" and "WADEPLZBAN!" and so forth, so it's better not to say it, even if you go on to provide ample reason(s) for your bump. These aren't "small details," they're helpful tips for not getting banned, as delivered by one of the 27 mods of NG. :::tips cap:::

And, bump. Post your requests for voice actors here!

Grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, you ignored the rest of my post. I'm hurt. To the core. ;_;

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-28 09:44:30

I just don't want to see anymore, 'I need a VA' thread.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-29 05:21:52

Here's a couple try-outs for your movie, Insignia.

Young Orc Demo 1
Young Orc Demo 2 (Slightly British-ized)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-29 06:09:26

hey i need someone who can voice act the GDI voice from command and conquer tiberian sun... the one who says "construction complete" and "building"... i'd get it from C&c itself but i also need other stuff said...

if you can do this please contact me

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-30 07:59:47

Made up a new sampler for those willing to take time to listen.... Only it's not so much a sampler as it is a trailer for a Metal Gear Solid game that never got made:

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~omahdon/AVA/zip/edwyn_samp1104.mp3

Enjoy!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-30 09:39:39

Hello people!

I'm looking for some voice actors for my upcoming SPRITE MOVIE based on Legend of Zelda. I don't want to give too much away, but it follows the aftermath of "Link to the Past" for the SNES. The story goes pretty deep, touching on various themes such as war, friendship, betrayal, and romance.
Yes, it is a mostly "serious" movie.

I'm not going to be picky at all. If you think you've got what it takes, then you're more or less in... I really need all the help I can get. These are some of the spots I need at the moment. More to come later as the movie develops.

-Link
-Zelda
-Hyrule Soldier(s)
-Hyrule Soldier General/Commander
-SkullMage (an enemy character, "evil wizard type character")
-Sahasrahla, Descendent of the Seven Wise Men ("old man who imparts wisdom type character")

Much more to come. If you think your voice fits any of the parts listed above, please reply here or send me a E-Mail at hoorai86@hotmail.com

*Note: If I don't get ALL the parts I need, then I will just have to make do without the voices.

I have big hopes for this project.. here's to what will hopefully become a highly successful flash movie. *raises glass* ^_^

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-30 12:28:02

Hey all Jat here and I am currently looking for voice actors too. My current project is entitled Dominant Species and it is an original series based off the book I wrote as a kid. It is about the mass extinction that occured millions ago and asks the question what if? What if this extinction never occured, how would we be living life now a days? It is high action packed and the animation so far kiks ass...

I need alot of voice actors to fill the roles so just post up here if u want in or if u have any questions or comments. You can also check me out on AIM at XGNU87X or emails me at ELMACHOBUROCHO@YAHOO.COM

Thanks again,

-J

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-11-30 20:16:42

Hey, if anyone is looking for a voice actor, I can give it a shot. I speak english with a english accent and can imitate a number of accents, including scotish, french, russian, german and irish. I cannot, howver, imitate american accents. I also speak portuguese (on the unlike chance someone needs a portuguese speaker). You can contact me at "vertigo200voice@yahoo.com". I can also e-mail samples of my recordings.

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-01 00:12:19

Glad everyone is using this thread. If anyone else needs me for a voice acting job, feel free to E-mail me at SeiyruRenaih. I have a bunch going, so I may not get to you immediately.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-01 04:08:03

At 11/29/04 05:21 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote: Here's a couple try-outs for your movie, Insignia.

Young Orc Demo 1
Young Orc Demo 2 (Slightly British-ized)

*sigh*
I'm never going to be able to hear your voice without thinking of Silent.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-05 09:21:36

Bumping this thread again, because so many "i need voice actor!" threads are popping up all at the same time.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-05 16:11:20

Of course i didn't look far enough before i made another thread of looking for some voice actors for my project, so sorry bout that.. I'll just paste here from what i wrote there..

Well to put it simply i'm looking for some voice acting help for a claymation movie called "The Claytrix" It will be quite similiar to the animatrix, by means of having different scenes from different stories. Most will be comical parodies while others will be serious tributes to the trilogy that is the matrix. It will be an interesting project, because most effects taken from the movie can be easily reproduced in flash but not with clay. If anyone has a talent for mimicing or imitating voices from any of the three movies or would just like to be a voice extra for a small role, all help will be appreciated.. Characters that will be used are Neo,trinity,morpheus, Merovingian, persephone, Mouse, Cypher, Agent smith.. etc.. etc.. smaller roles like the Maitre d', trix rabbit various people and many more.. If your interested email me with an Mp3 attachment of the character you can do subject line "Claytrix voice acting" send to chr0n0s@nycap.rr.com...... thanks everyone for there time reading or even considering to help..

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-05 16:58:01

Hey everyone. I too, like many here, am a voice actor. I've been doing it for a little now and it's great. I see that a lot of people are looking for some VOs for their movies and I thought I could possibly help. If you are interested you can check out jonathanwagner.voice123.com, there you can listen to my demo and read up on the voices I can do. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to have one demo up and that demo is more a wacky one then a more serious one. If anyone needs a "serious" demo please EMAIL me or IM me, my info is in my profile. Thanks a lot!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-05 21:49:25

Well i asked for help but i also feel i would like to help out as well.. I can do a wide variety of voices if anyone needs them. I don't have a demo up as of yet but i can do different accents from different parts of the world such as australian, british, irish, and so forth.. I can imitate a "surfer" pretty well or in other words mr k reeves in bill and teds excellent adventure... hope soon i will have a demo up but i'm always willing to help fellow artists with their projects..

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-06 08:04:25

Daxe, your project really interests me.
I'll be e-mailing you my tryout lines for Neo, Morpheous, and Smith right away! =)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-09 22:41:45

yeh i need a Voice Actor some one who can do a kind of a serious 16 yeard old guy....

just add me on msn with shazwoogle@gmail.com
or e-mail me to find out more

ok

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-09 23:16:27

I was going to let D-Mac do this role, but I think I'll find another VA for it.
I need a slightly British sounding male voice, slightly grainy, and very stern and sure of himself. He's arrogant, sarcastic, and smug. He isn't mean to be wholey despisable though, he's also got to be 'cool', in a way.
You'd be doing one whole line (at the very end) in TSO1, but would have a much larger role in TSO2, and would feature in TSO3, and have a line or two in PTSO1,2, and 3.
That's alot of TSOs, so you'd have to be dedicated, and highly skilled.
Email me at:

j_bannister@jgih.com

ASAP.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-09 23:35:39

grrr i need people add me ASAP

shazwoogle@gmail.com
on msn

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-09 23:36:42

You've said it once, don't spam.
Just wait, it takes a few days to get contacted.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-10 21:38:18

This was all the way down on the third page :S

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-11 01:05:47

J, ya found a voice actor for the 'British-sounding male' yet? =P

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-11 01:11:34

Nope :P
I might have to go with you, it's just I didn't want to load you down with to many lines in TSO2. About sixty percent of all conversing will be spoken by either this character (that reminds me, he needs a name) and Silent. Combined with the length of time it might take to record, and the risk of people recognizing that two of the central characters are the same person in reality, I wasn't sure if I should use you.
But, if you think you can make sure you voice is different enough, and handle the lines (which you probably can, you were the first to have your lines in for TSO), then record a few demos, I'll be happy to hear them.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-11 17:09:05

J. Empires, I'll send you a couple demos for "Mr. Nameless" =P
But first I'll need you to send me at least two lines of what I should record.
An age range for said character would also be helpful to me. =)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-11 17:14:33

I need a slightly British sounding male voice, slightly grainy, and very stern and sure of himself. He's arrogant, sarcastic, and smug.

Heh. Just use that, that way I've got the same lines from everyone trying to play him.
He's anywhere from 30-40, but feel free to experiment with him a bit.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-12-12 08:38:54

Hey. I'm in need of voice actors for the sequal of this game.

What I'll need is a slightly arabic sounding voice. Keep in mind, your character will die... the only character that doesn't is the main character, and he's silent... anyway, heres the script:

characters:

Advisor/"boss": This is the guy who hired you to kill the Sultan in the previous game. This character will need an arabic accent(spelled?).

Austrailian guy: Not sure if this character will be in the final cut of the game or not, but I think I have a place for him...(will need austrailian accent, duh...)

As you can see, there aren't many characters, as this is a fast paced game, and will not have many cutscenes... On to the script:

Advisor/"boss": "What the hell is that thing!"

Advisor/"boss": "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Scene 2
Austrailian Guy: "Hey Mate! Mate! Yeah you! Up here! I need some assistance! I'm stuck up here and I have a feeling those things are gonna come back! Help me! Just set those blocks in their right place, and a lever should appear!"

Austrailian Guy: "Hurry! They're coming!"

Austrailian Guy: "Did you set them in they're place yet?!"

By the way, all of the lines should be in seperate audio files, if thats not a problem... :) thanks!