Respond to this Topic
DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 20:43:26 Reply

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Discussion of Current Events

sic-maget
sic-maget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 21:46:39 Reply

At 9/20/01 08:43 PM, DUDE4U wrote:

(well, essencially, a bunch of crap)

Awww, how cute! The pissant lil' punk has an OPINION! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... isn't he precious??? And look; he made four separate entries because he had SO MANY flags that he wanted to share with us! And he didn't even say a single coherent thing in any one of them! How ADORABLE!

I won't dedicate any more of my time to defaming this freak, so I'll leave the rest of you with this final thought:
READ DUDE4U's REVIEWS, AND TAKE NOTE ON THE THINGS NOT TO DO WHEN WRITING A POST!

stephygee
stephygee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-21 01:04:55 Reply

I recently read your article from Mir Tamim Ansary, and although his points are well taken, I cannot support passivism and patience as the appropriate course of action. I am sure Ansary is sincere. I am sure he is likely a good person who fears war. I am also sure that he still loves his country, Afghanistan, and those suffering there. However, I am equally sure that he does not love this country and what it stands for in the way that we must -- fear of Osama, fear of war, fear of loss cannot and should not be used to stop action against a crime which cannot go unpunished. The thought of allowing these crimes to go unpunished is repugnant not for revenge or mere retalliation but because not taking action would kill far more than the thousands we have already lost -- it would kill something far more precious, America.

I, like most of my fellow Americans, have long sympathized with the plight of a down-trodden and broken people in the Middle East. This is why our country continues to send peace corp workers, Red Cross, and over hundred's of millions of dollars in aid to those people. Hate, guilt by association and anhilation of an entire country and people would not be a path that I, nor anyone that I know would choose. However, I also believe that crimes as heinous as those committed on my fellow countrymen must be punished. This does not mean that citizens of countries in the Middle East should be punished unilatterally, but it also does not mean that I would send more money, more aid, and continue on a path of good faith waiting for those that would harm me and that which I love to strike again.

Certainly Mr. Tamim Ansary states that he also believes those actions should not go unpunished, yet the remainder of his article describes the American people as ready to bomb orphans, anxious to anhilate a civilization, and prepared to start World War. I have a nineteen year old brother who just joined the army, I have beautiful children who I hope never to have to explain why those they know may not ever return to us. However, I have another fear that is much greater than war, or the loss of loved ones, or even of world war -- that what has become a way of life in the Middle East will become a way of life here.

Fear is a horrible thing wripping away everything that is wonderful and beautiful in life. We Americans come from a strong stock: made stronger by the obstacles each generation and each ethnicity has overcome. Bound not by race, religion, or geography -- we are made one by our common belief that we control our future, our success, and our country. My grandfather of German decent fought a war against his own home land because what was dear to him was the freedom to choose his own life, to control his own destiny, and to make a better life -- America. It was not a war he wanted to fight; he never discussed it with us. But it was his gift to me, to my children, and to all other Americans. I will sit passively by and allow a gift bought with so dear a price to be taken from me by terrorists or fear.

I know that hatred and desperation can overcome a people that are poor and down-trodden and how appealing a message of domination and blame can be -- this is why so many joined the Nazi cause. However, I also know that even if you are crippled, poor, hungry, and beaten down, taking the path of least resistance and waiting for someone else to rescue you is also not the only, or best course of action. Yes, Afghanistan is being ruled by the Taliban; yes, the government was purchased with Osama's money; and, yes, they are a poor people with little means to defend themselves. But if they would be free, they must take action and surely if we Americans are to remain free we too must take action.

This will not be pleasant. We will likely lose much of what is dear to us: our privacy, convenience, and perhaps even our dear soldiers. Although I do not want a war or to see any more innocent people die, I want even less for my children
to grow up in a country any less beautiful and powerful than the idea of America. If we would be free, if we would continue to be America, we must stop those that would destroy us. And we must stop them because if we do not, no one else will -- not even those people whom they have enslaved in Afghanistan.

At 9/17/01 11:06 AM, TomFulp wrote: My main reason for posting this was, what does it make you think? Does it change your view of Afghanistan? Does it change your feelings towards what must be done to end this conflict?
PheeniX19
PheeniX19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-21 13:00:45 Reply

After reading that letter from the Afghan reporter, it makes me kinda change my outlook on their country as a whole, but it doesnt change my view of what has to be done. We have been forced into war, and there's no way we can catch this sunuvabitch without ground troups. Many of our lives will be lost, theres no question. But that is that the price of defending our freedom. Afghan innocents will be killed yes, but look at their lives, their living conditions. Turn Afgahnistan into a parking lot? We'd be doing them a favor, A MASS MERCY KILLING.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-21 21:59:25 Reply

At 9/20/01 09:46 PM, sic_maget wrote:
At 9/20/01 08:43 PM, DUDE4U wrote:
(well, essencially, a bunch of crap)

Awww, how cute! The pissant lil' punk has an OPINION! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... isn't he precious??? And look; he made four separate entries because he had SO MANY flags that he wanted to share with us! And he didn't even say a single coherent thing in any one of them! How ADORABLE!

I won't dedicate any more of my time to defaming this freak, so I'll leave the rest of you with this final thought:
READ DUDE4U's REVIEWS, AND TAKE NOTE ON THE THINGS NOT TO DO WHEN WRITING A POST!

Oh yeah you wrote the best review ever dumbass. what did your mom help you with that. boy you lucky as fuck on i'm on this side of the fuckin US or i would come monkey stomp you stupid hawaiian ass. boy you got the fuckin nerve to diss me. boy you don't even know me. yeah right you are weird. i think we need to blow your ass up with Bin Laden. like i said you's lucky i wasn't in the armed forces or i'd come drop a bomb on your stupid ass. don't even try right something about this. FUCK OFF!!!!!!! DUMBASS!!!!

For every one out there. listening to this jackass will get messed up in the head. if i were you i would tell him how much of an asshole this bitch is. peace out my people

dropkick34
dropkick34
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-22 03:12:27 Reply

Let's see. First of all, I like how you ended with "Peace to the People" when obviously you are a very violently disturbed individual. Personally I hope you never, ever have anything to do with our National Security. And I've noticed that it's much easier for DUDE4U and a lot of other people to encourage war when they can't possibly go and fight. Many of my friends are in the Armed Forces right now, and many of them are not encouraging the war. I think it's sad and cowardly how outwardly violent you have to be to try to get your "point" across Dude4U. The answer is not blind attacks and more hatred, we will find peace through justice. Justice must be done, but on the people or groups responsible. Grow up, Dude4U.

At 9/21/01 09:59 PM, DUDE4U wrote:
Oh yeah you wrote the best review ever dumbass. what did your mom help you with that. boy you lucky as fuck on i'm on this side of the fuckin US or i would come monkey stomp you stupid hawaiian ass. boy you got the fuckin nerve to diss me. boy you don't even know me. yeah right you are weird. i think we need to blow your ass up with Bin Laden. like i said you's lucky i wasn't in the armed forces or i'd come drop a bomb on your stupid ass. don't even try right something about this. FUCK OFF!!!!!!! DUMBASS!!!!

For every one out there. listening to this jackass will get messed up in the head. if i were you i would tell him how much of an asshole this bitch is. peace out my people
Blazeff9
Blazeff9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-22 16:36:07 Reply

I think instaid of bombing afghanistan we should just drop shiloads of rubbish on them and use them as a refuse dump. that would seiriously piss them off

chillin2long
chillin2long
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-23 03:09:52 Reply

This man has greatly enlightened me. I recently looked over some tapes about the Persian gulf. I will try and enlighten others with what I have learned.

Jenn
Jenn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-23 11:46:40 Reply

My mother just told me she's thinking of buying all of us gas masks. I guess that's our reality now. Scary shit.

alias11436
alias11436
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-23 18:30:17 Reply

Don't forget that America's "people" (as an example: Timothy McVeigh) have killed innocent civilians before. How about we kill off every Aryan-looking American? Or all Americans in general! Come on, Americans, this is a time for us to unite and kill each other.

At 9/17/01 12:27 PM, SK wrote: Lets talk about innocent lives you stupid afgan. Your "people" killed many innocent people in the WTC and Pentagon not to mention other who died when the building fell on them. We will fuck all those afgans there. Hell well be doing them a favor, ending them of there misery. They want to fuck with us, they think they know bad, huh, their a fucking choir boy compared to us, a choir boy!

nomisdp
nomisdp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 08:00:52 Reply

am I the only one who thinks that its extremely hypocritical of america to go on about this war on terrorism when they have been funding the IRA for years? I think the amount of idiots posting their blind over patriotic crap on here is also scary.

Nomis

REDmadhatter
REDmadhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 12:00:52 Reply

Who is the real enemy?
Illerate, uneducated, dogmatized
poor people from the middle east?
Or rich corporate and government
officials that gave Bin Laden Millions
to fight the Soviets. Sure, he is our
buddy when he is fighting commies, not
he turned on us! Surprise!

Think about this:

Instances of the U.S. dropping bombs
since World War II:

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Congo 1964
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1984
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991-99
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999

NONE of these bombings have led to a "democratic" government even though this was more often than not the reason given for the aggression.

Peace, Trotsky, and Buddha.

REDmadhatter

svn11
svn11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 16:44:03 Reply

Of course, most of you spouting "kill all the arabs" aren't even eligible for a potential draft - and not even mature enough to know what killing actually entails. Put you guys in a war and you'd start crying for mommy.

So true, so true

these idiots don't fucking realize that they think they are being such patriots while they use the cause of "Justice" and "Retribution" to perpetrate the same kind of evil that the terrorists did..

"IT'S OK FOR US TO DID IT BECAUSE SOMEONE DID IT TO US FIRST.. AND THEY DIDN'T CARE WHO THEY HIT.. SO WE SHOULDN'T EITHER"

Uhh how the FUCK does that make our country righteous??? READ THE FUCKING MESSAGE.. IT IS THE SAME THING THE TERRORISTS DID TO US. WE NEED TO GET THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE.. AND THAT'S IT.. you dumb fuckers.
NOT NUKE ALL THE ARABS, NOT NUKE THE TOWELHEADS.. NOT NUKE THE MUSLIMS.. .. not NUKE ANYONE you fucking gimps.. because Nuking just doesn't affect the people who did this to us.

With that philosophy.. if we do that to them, then someone should do the same to us AGAIN.. since we will be attacking innocents over there... And they would be JUSTIFIED in killing innocents over here, because we killed innocents over there..you fucking morons. an endless cycle with meglomanic rednecks like you fueling the fire from both sides.

(regardless if you think you are safe in our country just because we are a world power.. you need to see the flaws in your thinking)

svn11
svn11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 19:04:38 Reply

Alias: DUDE4U
Web: none
AIM: UsexyBisNitch

Habitat: Goose Creek,SC
Job: Teenager

Your such a fucking patriot.
BE PROUD AMERICAN! BE PROUD!.. what the fuck is wrong with you. Innocent people do not have to die for our country to exact retribution.

Hello, that is why the fuck we live in a DEMOCRACY, where you are INNOCENT until proven GUILTY.. you dumbfuck.

So maybe you should just think about that before you go about claiming to be a patriot (you know a patriot is someone who stands up for and *believes in* the IDEALS their country represents).. "KILLING ALL THOSE MUTHAFUCKAS!" .. is not what America represents (just because we have the power to do so doesn't mean JACK shit fool)..

America represents the right to have a trial.. the right to be punished only AFTER you have been proven guilty. We do not represent what amounts to a lynch mob you dumbfuck.

You make us sound like stupid fucking rednecks when you type this shit on the net.. man no wonder other people in foreign countries believe americans are stupid.. people like you prove them right.

dieneddie
dieneddie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 21:03:11 Reply

thankyou for posting this information, I had no idea of the status of Afgan's and the Talibhan...I see that it's not as easy as going in there all guns firing and shit.
We must be tactile, but ultra strong and forceful, we got 2 show these fukkas...when it comes down 2 it we can kick motherfucking ASS !!!

GODBLESS THE CIVIL UNION !!!
(the united states of europe+ the united states of america+ the united states of the soviet + the asian alliance)
Davie Scott-23 UK

dieneddie
dieneddie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-24 21:33:51 Reply

I don't like it when you get some people posting stories on message boards with half-truths and lies...these so-called intellectuals..thinking they know all the shit about wars, funding, conspiracy, hidden agendas and skeletons in the white houses closet.
Fuck that shit mate..I'm not a clever cunt, but I know one thing...how the fuck are we gonna beat this evil if we are divided, we need 2 UNITE against a common cause 'EVIL'..."yeah..but who's decides whats evil"(voice of some deep thinking fuck up...who smokes too much pot and has had 2 many trips...ultra-sensitive analyst of all things).
FUCK MY ASS BITCH!...we all know what evil is!..we know good and we're all born with it blue printed in our motherfucking conscience.

Anyway..listen up...don't let your opinions be swayed by bitches wearing caps with the words "unite" on them....
Listen 2 me... we have 2 be strong and heed our lessons of past, the good have a problem with killing, that is why it is hard 4 us 2 challenge this evil.... but we must stand strong and UNITE !!!

FUCK ALL THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES>>ITS SIMPLIST EXPLANATION IS USUALLY THE RIGHT ONE>>>LAY OFF YOUR FUCKING DOPE AND U MIGHT SEE THIS>>>
*Never trust a HIPPY!!*

GODBLESS AMERICA AND THE ALLIES
_________
Davie from UK 23 £££ ****=====
****=====
=========

REDmadhatter
REDmadhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 01:19:04 Reply

Fuck that nationalist bullshit! It's crap like this that instigated Hitler's war on the Jews. I got news for you -- human is human,
be it American or Afghanistan, Canadian or Mexican. We don't need that nationalistic labeling to seperate us.
Religion is no good either! It was 'gods words' that these fanatics from Afghanistan are following.
There is no god. Face up! Accept it. Atleast, if there is a 'god' it isn't a perfect one! I believe in
humans, not gods. The problem of terrorism is a human problem, not some super-natural religous bullshit.

Screw the war machine that is capitalism.

Peace.

REDmadhatter

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 01:45:17 Reply

Your such a fucking patriot.
BE PROUD AMERICAN! BE PROUD!.. what the fuck is wrong with you. Innocent people do not have to die for our country to exact retribution.

Hello, that is why the fuck we live in a DEMOCRACY, where you are INNOCENT until proven GUILTY.. you dumbfuck.

So maybe you should just think about that before you go about claiming to be a patriot (you know a patriot is someone who stands up for and *believes in* the IDEALS their country represents).. "KILLING ALL THOSE MUTHAFUCKAS!" .. is not what America represents (just because we have the power to do so doesn't mean JACK shit fool)..

America represents the right to have a trial.. the right to be punished only AFTER you have been proven guilty. We do not represent what amounts to a lynch mob you dumbfuck.

You make us sound like stupid fucking rednecks when you type this shit on the net.. man no wonder other people in foreign countries believe americans are stupid.. people like you prove them right.

Dumbass they done found Bin Laden guilty you stupid jackass. what about you! U don't even know me and you gonna say some stupid shit at me. Boy u got fuckin nerve. I ain't waste my time on someone like you stupid ass. oh another thing. whats with the word dumbfuck. Is that all you know. I mean really. No wonder people think its easy to bomb us because they got people like your stupid ass out there. got fuck off!!!!!!!!!!1

svn11
svn11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 03:19:13 Reply

Dumbass they done found Bin Laden guilty you stupid jackass. what about you! U don't even know me and you gonna say some stupid shit at me. Boy u got fuckin nerve. I ain't waste my time on someone like you stupid ass. oh another thing. whats with the word dumbfuck. Is that all you know. I mean really. No wonder people think its easy to bomb us because they got people like your stupid ass out there. got fuck off!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh they did? dear me did I miss the fucking TRIAL?

oh wait.. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE YET YOU STUPID FUCK.

You know.. since you know so fucking much and all.. in order to prove someone guilty.. at least in this country, you first have to have a trial....
Last I heard, the Taliban "supposedly" doesn't even know where he is.. kinda hard to have a trial if you don't have that person there to defend themself isn't it?

God damn son.. before you open that stupid mouth again, get some sense.

I don't know you? your ignorance is overwhelmingly apparent in your posts.. that's enough to know for me.

You disappoint me as a fellow American.
I am not the reason they think its "so easy to bomb" us.. neither are people like me...
It's pissants like you who go off half cocked, without knowing SHIT or giving a shit about the people they want to "BLOW THE FUCK OUT OF" ... they simple go on the grounds that they are all evil.

wow.. did you ever stop to think, that is EXACTLY what the terrorists think? All of us Americans are evil.. even the civilians?

Yeah.. we want to be just like them you stupid redneck child. FUCK THEM RAGHEADS! FUCK EM ALL!.. you idiot.

nomisdp
nomisdp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 08:05:26 Reply

would you please SHUT THE HELL UP! and stay in school it may put some sense into your thick head. and teach you how to spell.

dieneddie
dieneddie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 09:03:57 Reply

Religion is no good either! It was 'gods words' that these fanatics from Afghanistan are following.

by REDMADHATTER

What the fuck are you talking about ?....the fanatics from Afghanistan are following 'gods words'....
BULL SHIT..they are following their own altered version that Osama has interpreted for them, coz most of them can't read !!!....I know religion..I've read religion...I can say I have read and understood alot of the BIBLE and have read alot of the Quaran and you know what they both tell the same histories and hold the same principles true.

Muslims from around the world have said that they are not a part of the Talibhan and are disgusted with the things they do.
The Muslim faith is good for people, as is the christian faith as they teach good ethics, morals and a basis for a good life.
If you take the time to interprete the bible a little...you'd realise that it is not 2 blame, but men are.....MEN CAUSE WARS NOT RELIGION>>>THE BIBLE/QUARAN DOES NOT SAY KILL YOUR BROTHER AND START A WAR BECAUSE HE IS OF ANOTHER RELIGION

Thankyou
Davie UK

REDmadhatter
REDmadhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 10:10:47 Reply

I apologize, I was frustrated and writing my own bullshit instead of logic.
You are right, the Taliban altered the true Islamic words. All I am saying is
war won't solve this. We had no business as Americans helping them
fight the Stalinist Russians. ISOLATIONISM IS BETTER THEN IMPERIALISM!
I am an American, and I think what happened was horricly disasterous. But I don't think
stoned dudes from SCOTLAND have a say in AMERICAN issues.
I suggest everyone read this: http://www.newyouth.com/archives/usa/first_21st_war.asp

REDmadhatter
REDmadhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 10:18:35 Reply

.....and my hat is cool! I got it from:
www.uniteunion.org

Mikolie
Mikolie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 10:51:40 Reply

Thanks for the posted message
that message taught me more than the last two weeks of news

bila
bila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 13:34:25 Reply

I am slightly confused by the idea that the Talasban is telling all Muslims to be prepared to kill all non-muslims in a holy war, yet we are hearing that we shouldn't fear American Muslims .
I'm wondering if I should also not expect all American Nazis to be evil because Hitler was a bastard?

bila
bila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 13:42:59 Reply

At 9/23/01 06:30 PM, alias11436 wrote: Don't forget that America's "people" (as an example: Timothy McVeigh) have killed innocent civilians before. How about we kill off every Aryan-looking American? Or all Americans in general! Come on, Americans, this is a time for us to unite and kill each other.
At 9/17/01 12:27 PM, SK wrote: Lets talk about innocent lives you stupid afgan. Your "people" killed many innocent people in the WTC and Pentagon not to mention other who died when the building fell on them. We will fuck all those afgans there. Hell well be doing them a favor, ending them of there misery. They want to fuck with us, they think they know bad, huh, their a fucking choir boy compared to us, a choir boy!

YES!! How about we use McVeigh AS AN EXAMPLE! HE IS FUCKING DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! JUST LIKE BIN LADIN SHOULD BE!!! and every camel fucking gun waving follower of Osima!!

USE McVeigh as an example, YOU DUMB SHIP, and example of Osamas' fate !!!!!!!!!!!!

Leeman
Leeman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 20:06:27 Reply

I am very compelled by this letter sent to Newgrounds and, like before, fully agree. Bombing Afganistan to the ground would only sink us to the Taliban group's level. And also, as said on this article, is putting us right into the probability of WW3. That's the last thing I want to have to suffer. Do we really have to suffer the loss of even MORE lives? No. We simply can't. This already happened before for WW2, can we or can we not learn from our mistakes? Bin Laden is a mastermind of mass perportion and wants a war to happen. He has taken many lives, but we are not checkmate yet.

God bless y'all
£33man

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 21:51:20 Reply

I found this lil bit of info. about the WTC.

In the late 1950s, lower manhattan was a low rent district teeming with pet shops, electronics stores, auto parts stores, and other small businesses. In 1960, David Rockefeller, chairman of the chase Manhattan Bank, proposed building a skyscraper to help revitalize the neighborhood. In 1962, the Port Authority of New York signed on to the project, and made plans to build a single office complex that would serve the needs of the "world trade community"--importers, exporters, shippers, international bankers, and government trade agencies.
Numerous designs were considered, including building one massive 150-story building, or three or four buildings 50 or 60 stories tall. The single building idea was rejected as being too tall; the multiple buildings were nixed out of fear that they would look lik a "housing project." Finall, the architects decided on two massive towers that at 1,368 nad 1,362 feet tall would be scarcely more than 100 feet taller than the Empire State Building, at the time, still the tallest building in the world.
The two towers, nicknamed "David" and "Nelson" after the Rockefeller brothers, opened in 1972 and 1973... and were met with almost universal scorn. As George Douglas puts it,
The massive towers seem entirely out of scale with the tapering tip of lower Manhattan, rising abruptly into the sky like two upended florist's boxes.... They remind one of a pair of giant's legs threatening to tip the whole island on its end, perhaps sinking everything into the sea. The effect on New York's graceful skyline has the mostly been annoying and mockin.

The buildings weren't just ugly, they were also money losers for years, and they failed to revitalize lower Manhattan. They dumped so much office space onto the market at once that there wasn't any incentive to build any more, and the 9-to-5 workers who overcrowded the area during the day evacuated at night, leaving the neighborhood a ghost town.

Just some info. i thought people would like to know about the tallest buildings in the world or should i say was the tallest buildings in the world.

fourty
fourty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-25 22:13:50 Reply

dude im tellin u. afgan and pakatahn r both to blame. everyone thinks they r sooooo inocent. ther a bunch of pussys who deiced to bitch us up and right after doin that they decided they wnated to be are friends agian when they found out that we were pissed and we were reday to fuckin kill any rag head we saw. sooo i hate it when everyone says " OH DONT BLAME AFLGAN, OR PAKASTAN, BLAME LADIN" i am blaming laden, but the site of seein those fuckers dancina round in the street over our destruction?? fuck them!! if only anoen knew how badly i wnated to beat the livin shit outta all those people. BUT JUST LIKE I SAID once they found out that we were pissed they wanna be our friends again. sorry guys I AINT FALLIN FOR THERE SHIT!!! BOMB THE HELL OUTTA EM!

svn11
svn11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-26 00:43:10 Reply

At 9/25/01 10:13 PM, fourty wrote: dude im tellin u. afgan and pakatahn r both to blame. everyone thinks they r sooooo inocent. ther a bunch of pussys who deiced to bitch us up and right after doin that they decided they wnated to be are friends agian when they found out that we were pissed and we were reday to fuckin kill any rag head we saw. sooo i hate it when everyone says " OH DONT BLAME AFLGAN, OR PAKASTAN, BLAME LADIN" i am blaming laden, but the site of seein those fuckers dancina round in the street over our destruction?? fuck them!! if only anoen knew how badly i wnated to beat the livin shit outta all those people. BUT JUST LIKE I SAID once they found out that we were pissed they wanna be our friends again. sorry guys I AINT FALLIN FOR THERE SHIT!!! BOMB THE HELL OUTTA EM!

Yawn.. Yeah BOMB THE HELL OUT OF THEM!!!!.. uh.. this has been said before, but what if it was a "Timothy Mcveigh" and some of his buddies.. who did something like this to a foriegn country and could really fuck us up... then their media gets some footage of all his family members dancing around his hometown at the great thing that he did.. Does this mean ALL americans are responsible? Does that mean the should BOMB THE FUCK OUT OF US???

No get some fucking common sense... of course its not just "Bin Laden".. but not everyone over there feels that america is the great evil.. and not everyone over there is guilty... get your head out of your ass.