Be a Supporter!

Discussion of Current Events

  • 7,088 Views
  • 205 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Manga-Mix
Manga-Mix
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:45:04 Reply

All I really have to say is:

Make Love Not War.

Sounds like a good idea, no?

fourty
fourty
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:52:05 Reply

well i dont know what you think about this whole " ending of the east US on thursday". some big shot philosopher who lived a million years ago thinks he knwos whats goin on. i dont really care if its true or not, but what i do care about, is the fact that newgrounds has games where i can bash Bin Ladens balls with a bat. this is one of the many reasons why newgrounds is the best site on earth.
you can call me mean but when i saw all those rags dancing in the streets over the death and destruction on newyorks population, i wanted to just drop the bomb right there and now. but hey thats might be just me...

Discussion of Current Events

sic-maget
sic-maget
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 23:32:38 Reply

At 9/18/01 01:37 PM, K_psychotic wrote: ok ok ok everyone seems to be forgetting something.

Well, enlighten us, O omnipotent one.

15,000 people men, women, and children are dead.

Try 5,000. When making political commentary, such as this post, 'tis best not to exaggerate; doing so makes your statements seem less factual.

first of all there is no way in hell we will not let their lives go un-avenged.

Who said we were? Who in the fuck ever, EVER said, "well, they win. screw it, boys, let's go home." Jesus H. Christ, "avenging" their deaths doesn't mean we have to bomb the population of another nation to hell! It should more precisely mean finding the organization responsible, then bringing them to justice, where they'll most certainly feel the wrath of a pissed-off America through an overbearing Judicial system. (Oh, and by the way, you had a triple-negative in that statement[something I've never seen before], characterized by your usage of "no way," "will not," and "un-avenged" in the same sentence; essentially, you said, "We will most certainly let the lives lost go un-avenged.")

Secondly there are other terrorist organizations out there. It's a "war on terrorism" not just bin laden, he's our main focus right now but it won't end right there.

If this whole thing was all about a "war on terrorism," then we would never even consider bombing Afghanistan. True, Afghanistan has terrorist training camps in their borders; but that's not the fault of the civilians there! THE TALIBAN TOOK OVER THE COUNTRY IN 1997, AND THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TERRORISTS BEING THERE! The Afghanians didn't take a poll on whether or not they wanted religious psychotics training to kill others en masse in their backyards; they don't have any rights at all! Dammit, bombing Afghanistan would be like bombing a Japanese P.O.W. camp holding Americans in WW2. (On a similar note, if there were even ONE American in Afghanistan, we wouldn't want to bomb anyplace even bordering the country. However, since we know that isn't the case, we feel free to bomb away! Cause no other country's people matter to us!)

It's up to Afghanastan to either hand over bin laden (because we al know they can) or to keep him and have their country crushed.

Really? Wait… so we all KNOW they can simply hand over their leader, just like that? OK, then; send your mayor over to my state, or else I'll bomb yours. That sounds fair enough.
WELL? What's taking so long?

Now you really have to look at how weak minded they are if they do keep him. Osama convinced them that they could beat not only the U.S. but every alliance they have going with them. It's pretty much the world (excluding china japan india etc) vs. a middle-east country.

Wow, I never thought of that! Cause last I heard on the news, the Taliban is thought to have branches of supporters stemming all throughout the middle-east, in numerous countries besides Afghanistan. You see, Sir Simpleton, it's not even us versus a middle-east nation; it's us versus a middle-eastern religious CULT of sorts.
Besides, like I've said MANY times before, the Taliban aren't in Afghanistan on peaceful terms of ANY kind; they oppress those under their rule like white, American slave owners did in the 18- and 1900s. My point?: these Taliban assholes don’t HAVE to convince anyone about anything! Have you ever even TRIED looking beyond your own comfortable, little existence to realize that maybe, just maybe, not everyone lives in a country as tolerant as yours?

There was really only one man who worked for taliban who could even rival Osama but guess what....his ass was assassinated a week ago.

…Who the fuck’s that? I didn’t hear anything about Americans giving a shit about Afghanistan, the Taliban, or Osama Bin Laden UNTIL just last week!

So now here you have at it's more likely ww3 then the an operation "desert storm" except this time you finish the job.

A) Horrible grammar and spelling;
B) Your comparisons don’t make sense. You compare WW3 (a war that hasn’t even occurred yet) to Desert Storm (a fight that America wanted to get involved in, which ended years ago). How can you say that anything is more like something that DID happen, and less like something that HASN’T HAPPENED YET??? That statement completely breaches the basics of logic.

America is an amazing country where anyone no matter race, religion, or creed have the chance to speak freely about their view points.

And yet the people of this great country feel the need to stereotype different ethic groups and label them with horridly offensive slurs, and promote idiocy, insecurity, and crippling co-dependence through pop culture; we have a government that lies to us “in order to protect us,” a fat-headed arrogance that we’re untouchable by any other international power, corrupted, biased police forces around the country, and because of the attack on the WTC/pentagon/airlines of the US, a deep-rooted yearning to bomb the shit out of a defenseless country (so as to extract sweet, sweet revenge) from sea to shining sea.
Yep; God Bless America. But I digress…
Yeah, we have freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc. Y’know what’s one freedom we don’t have, though? Freedom to play God. We have absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to take the lives of civilians. We’ve come a long way from the archaic ideal of “An Eye For An Eye.” Revenge shouldn’t be taken merely by matching the number of our lost countrymen to the number of people we kill! That’s nothing but simple, sick hatred.

If we don't attack and we don't fight then what are we? Cowards? Weak? Not american...who knows.

Oh, sorry, I keep forgetting; we Americans don’t measure our self-worth on the international playing field by our intelligence, our compassion, our empathy, our economic standpoint, our government’s competence, or our contributions to the research and development of the Free World. Nope; we measure it in how many innocent, colored fuckers we can blow away after we’ve been screwed over by a faceless enemy. Damn! Now why can I never remember that?

Stormwarden
Stormwarden
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 23:50:56 Reply

You're wrong, sic_maget. _I_ gave a damn about the Taliban. It was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance."
--Thomas Jefferson.

We weren't exactly vigilant when this happened! But I'm gonna carry on with my life. As for whoever said that the other guy who could rival Bin Laden was assassinated, get your facts straight!

The person assassinated was the leader of the Northern Alliance, who have been busting their asses trying to get rid of the Taliban! Here's some advice I gave Jack Chick a while back: Either get your facts right or don't put them up for the world to see!

Otherwise, you end up looking quite the fool!


life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

SadToth
SadToth
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 04:58:15 Reply

I remember of a country proud of its Justice. Every one is innocent till he has proven guilty.

Gone...

Even criminals can defend themselves and got the right to have a lawyer.

Gone...

I remember of a country who was so sure to win the Vietnam war, cause other countries could only be weaker.

Lost.

I remember of a country not even thinking terrorim can hit it, and acting like if no act can bring consequences.

They were wrong.

I don't recognize USA anymore. Or in fact, I see it's true face.
When you scratch a little the paint, you can see that USA are considered number one every where just because they say so and the rest of the world is stupid enough to believe it.
If you loose the war in Afghanistan (cause the russians are better ground troops, better special forces than you, and they didn't succeed), what will people think of America ? How many points will Wall Street loose ?
It's riskee, that's why your politic and military leaders aer planning and not just running in a trap.
Anyway your country has shown that it can regenerate from almost any bad thing and even earn money from it. Movies, T-Shirts, books. Hey, it's only a bad time, keep hoping, that's the thing you do the best.

sic-maget
sic-maget
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 05:06:38 Reply

Mazel tov, soulblade! I am appriciative that you were able to shed light upon what neither I nor my target, knew about this assasination! Also, I apologise for my presumptuous comment. Nevertheless, I still believe that an unfathomable majority of Americans truly posessed similar ideas concerning Afghanistan... of cousre, PRIOR to the attacks.
I would go into more detail, but I had done so earlier; then I managed to lose it all, like a bastard. So all in all, good job.

-sic_maget 4 LIFE...

Stormwarden
Stormwarden
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 05:35:54 Reply

At 9/19/01 05:06 AM, sic_maget wrote: Mazel tov, soulblade! I am appriciative that you were able to shed light upon what neither I nor my target, knew about this assasination! Also, I apologise for my presumptuous comment. Nevertheless, I still believe that an unfathomable majority of Americans truly posessed similar ideas concerning Afghanistan... of cousre, PRIOR to the attacks.
I would go into more detail, but I had done so earlier; then I managed to lose it all, like a bastard. So all in all, good job.

-sic_maget 4 LIFE...

You, good sir, have earned my respect. I was glad to point out what was going on. Do not worry, we all lose it once in a while. The first couple of hours, I would have loved to bomb Afghanistan, but I decided to learn more. Others would do well to do the same.

I have friends who are from Arabia and other places, and should any hatemongereres decide to pick a fight, they shall mess with me as well...


life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Chaotic-Jelly
Chaotic-Jelly
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 09:00:26 Reply

You are all fucking stupid. Damn Yanks.

mimizan
mimizan
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 10:05:14 Reply

Tamim Ansary is right.

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 11:12:56 Reply

The terrorists who committed this atrocity deserve to die, as does the country that accepts them.

When we are refering to "innocent," we are refering to those tons of people in that country who don't accept the terrorist actions. No one is saying that supporters of terrorism are innocent.

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 11:24:01 Reply

At 9/17/01 08:45 PM, Cyprus wrote: Alright, I am already aware I am going to sound like I am a young punk that has no idea what I am talking about but listen. I seriously want to bomb the hell out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran. The whole world is now against them and did you see the people CHEERING when they heard that innocent Americans were killed? 1,000's of men, women and children killed and they are CHEERING! Why the FUCK! should be show them any mercy? They are born to die, they are born to kill the U.S they recruit the poor kids of the country and train them for 9 years to HATE us. By time they are 8 they could kill you and spit on your body. Don't give them the chance. We have 3 days untill we go to war unless Afghanistan turns Bin Ladin over which we all know wont happen. And IF they do there are about 100 other people that will take his place. Turn the place into a big crater and make it a tourist trap. Personally, I would be the first to cheer when we bomb them. I'm tired of America never fighting back. It is OUR time. They started something they can't finish and they WILL pay.
-Cyprus

That is a small image of the whole country. I don't think anyone would mind if those children would die. It is the other innocent lives, the people who are not cheering. The people who are probably crying to themselves, praying to their God that we don't bomb them, because they had nothing to do with it! They didn't kill, they don't support terrorism. They are the ones that don't deserve to die.

Yes, some innocent MAY have to die, but we should try to avoid it if we can. Bombing a whole entire country is in no way trying to avoid innocent deaths.

TheProblem
TheProblem
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 11:30:49 Reply

I dont know if my message will be read being that im like posting this at like #130 or so... but anyways id like to say that this whole new war on terrorism isnt new. ever sence the first terrorist attacks, we've been fighting them. We look and search and read and study all these diffrent groups constantly, its accually what an entire wing of the FBI does, so bush declareing war on terrorism is accualy a post to get more publicity, and i wish more people understood that. understood that he not only is in fact torn apart as any other human is about the crashes, but is also trying to get as much out of it as he can.
Another thing is that I would like to thank everyone in new york who is helping out, for helping out. I saw on the news the other day that a 1st grade (?) class made the firemen and police officers and everyone whos searching peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and notes to them, I personally was touched by this remark and id like to say thank you.

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 11:44:38 Reply

At 9/18/01 01:48 PM, punkjunk wrote: Nuke the mother fucker

Why don't we nuke YOU, mother fucker?

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 11:50:33 Reply

I just got done reading this webpage:
http://www.somethingawful.com/archives/news-archive-13-9-2001.htm

Someone posted this link on the first page of this post, and it's really hilarious!

This is a review I wrote for a movie that was very controversial for the time. I have been thinking this ever since tuesday:

Anyone out there thinking to yourself, "How could you make this at a time like this?" Well guess what, that's hypocracy! If you're going to trash America, do it! Don't be all hardcore Anarchy one minute and then the next cry about being offensive when we actually need our government's help!
Now don't get me wrong, that's a real tragedy what happened yesterday. I don't think that our government is exactly idealistic, but it works, and we are pretty well off. And realize how much anarchy would suck, and how much it does suck for those countries who currently have it.
This movie is funny nonetheless though, not because it's anti-america, but just because it's senseless violence, and that's what NG is all about.

Here's the link to that movie: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/frames.php?id=30648

Stormwarden
Stormwarden
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 13:52:38 Reply

Anarchy has been tried, with no success. I wouldn't recommend it. As for the innocent bystanders, some will die. It's a given in any war. But we can minimize the losses...


life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

johnnyp
johnnyp
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 15:04:01 Reply

Afghanastan is not the enemy. Don't worry about bombing it. Bin Laden is the true problem. Before everyone starts thinking of ground troops, think of money. Bin Laden could not train, equip, transport, arm,communicate with, or support his cells without his money. Find his funds, eliminate them, and he is just another sheepherder with a chip on his shoulder.

K-psychotic
K-psychotic
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 16:48:06 Reply

well sic magnet if you would like to critisize me in every way possible and about my country then go right the motha fuck ahead. While you're at it critisize my race, black, religion, jewish, and my views...wait you already did that. If you didn't notice you are suppose to comment on the fact that millions could die because of random attacks and instead you had to turn around and run your mouth about the person who made a lil sense. Why? cuz you know it all right? You're the almighty master with all the answers...guess what. Get off your high fucking horse and stick to the topic

K-psychotic
K-psychotic
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 16:52:44 Reply

At 9/19/01 03:04 PM, johnnyp wrote: think of money. Bin Laden could not train, equip, transport, arm,communicate with, or support his cells without his money. Find his funds, eliminate them, and he is just another sheepherder with a chip on his shoulder.

see the problem is the CIA and FBI have been looking for the roots of where the money comes from for 10 years. 10 YEARS, never knew they were on his ass for so long. But its like money laundry, except this goes through a shit load more. Oh ya sic_magnet kiss my black jewish ass the only reason you even decided to comment on it was because other then the error in death tole (thank god) I made some sense and so did a lot of other people. Stick to the damn topic

Kadaichi
Kadaichi
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 17:17:20 Reply

This is only directed to the people insisting that America goes to war, and I don't mean to upset or insult anyone.

I just wanted to ask if many people were eager for revenge after the Oklahoma City bombings. An American planned that, remember? But did anyone want to nuke America to get rid of all the other crazies who might be living there, getting ready for another attack? No. Everyone was mad at the Timothy McFaye guy, and that was that.

It's a slightly different situation, of course, but it sort of puts things in perspective.

Guy who planned attack = bad

Guy's countrymen = not necessarily bad

All I'm saying is that people should think about what war really means before they go encouraging it.

May all those who died on September 11, 2001 rest peacefully. Do not disrespect them by pouring more blood over their memories. Do not make them a symbol of more hate.

sic-maget
sic-maget
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 20:17:28 Reply

At 9/19/01 04:48 PM, K_psychotic wrote: well sic magnet if you would like to critisize me in every way possible and about my country then go right the motha fuck ahead. While you're at it critisize my race, black, religion, jewish, and my views...wait you already did that. If you didn't notice you are suppose to comment on the fact that millions could die because of random attacks and instead you had to turn around and run your mouth about the person who made a lil sense. Why? cuz you know it all right? You're the almighty master with all the answers...guess what. Get off your high fucking horse and stick to the topic

Wow, there is so much I could say to that; unfortunately, (as is the sad case of many) I will be repeating many things I've said earlier; points I've made before. As unlikely as it may seem, I truly don’t go out of my way to insult you. I know that I often come off as condescending, but that's because I just feel so strongly about my own opinions. I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTENT of making a mockery of anyone whose views differ from mine, nor am I attempting to be “the almighty master with all the answers.” I understand that this topic is highly emotionally-driven, as it involves the deaths of several thousand Americans. However, I completely disagree with the aspect of bombing ANY country, (especially the big target, Afghanistan) because the logic is full of considerable potholes. To express my discontent on NG over these issues… well, quite simply, I write! So really, just hear me out this once, and FULLY and HEARTILY consider what I say; it will be then and only then that I’ll let you make judgments without my commentary.
First off, my guess is that I completely lost any chance of you listening to me when I made that rather pessimistic comment concerning the United States. For starters, I’m a born-in US citizen; I have not lived anywhere else my entire life. For this, I am thankful. I have received an education, family, and good friends throughout the years, and I am now attending a University. It is partially from this education of mine (and more so from intent discussion with friends) that I have gained many ideas over time. One of them particularly stands true in all respects of life. “In reality, nothing is perfect.” People, products, opinions, methods, even far greater things such as Corporate America, religion, and the government; NONE of these are unblemished, nor do any of them lack room for improvement. In my statement, I was merely pointing out some of the more prominent cons of the USA in the present day. I believe every last opinion listed, and thus, do not regret having said any of them. If you see it differently than I do, then that’s your take on it; I can’t influence you too far beyond that. BUT, I really don’t get where the offer to personally criticize you came from. How could I even ATTEMPT to speculate about what kind of person you are, if the only things I know about you were in your initial response to the post? I spoke out about my thoughts on America; let’s just leave the racial/ethnic slurs where they belong: not here. Sound good?
Next up; you claim that, instead of focusing on the problem, I had “turned around and ran my mouth about the person who made a lil sense.” Partially true; I did unintentionally rag on you a bit. Nevertheless, this statement absolutely convinces me that you didn’t read a THING I had written. I made a great deal of commentary pertaining to the subject at hand! Why the fuck do you think I wrote anything in the first place? To friggin’ mock you? Might I quote a bit?…

“…‘avenging’ their deaths doesn't mean we have to bomb the population of another nation to hell! It should more precisely mean finding the organization responsible, then bringing them to justice, where they'll most certainly feel the wrath of a pissed-off America through an overbearing Judicial system…”

“THE TALIBAN TOOK OVER THE COUNTRY IN 1997, AND THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TERRORISTS BEING THERE(NOT THE AFGHANS)!…”

“...last I heard on the news, the Taliban is thought to have branches of supporters stemming all throughout the middle-east, in numerous countries besides Afghanistan...it's not even us versus a middle-east nation; it's us versus a middle-eastern religious CULT of sorts…”

I’ve collected many facts about the Taliban in the past week, so that I could formulate a rational opinion on our next course of action. You can read any of my other entries on the same subject, as well; they also contain several good pointers.
...And are they wrong? Did I make ONE false statement or exaggerated claim? If so, then by all means, let me know; it’s not fair for me to continue to spread around rumors that’ll influence other peoples’ opinions. However, if you realize that all of my writings are FACT, or at least haven’t heard anything otherwise on the same topic, then it just might be wise to consider my point of view.
Any thoughts? If so, feel free to respond!

-sic_maget 4 LIFE…

Discussion of Current Events

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 20:24:38 Reply

i say every one who lost a love one get to hit bin laden when we find the asshole. he will die. Hopefully the people who lost loved ones will deal with there lost. i'm so sorry for them.

dick-tater
dick-tater
  • Member since: May. 31, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 23:04:42 Reply

i say fuck it go in with ground troops and kill as many as possible. as soon as i can i'm signing up and i want to go to afghanistan and boot some dunecoons all over the sand if it means i die so be it, it was for a good cause, the revenge of all americans.

JeremyFox-Hounder
JeremyFox-Hounder
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-19 23:13:25 Reply

The man makes some interesting point; I also think it is a waste to send multi-million dollar missiles into ten dollar tents. I think the Pakistani president said it best “The USA isn’t at war against Islam or those of Muslim faith, but against those who commit terrorist actions and supply safe haven to terrorist. And in this action they have our full support.”
We must be careful in our attack; I don’t think we need to be bombing all these places into dust, we need to get help from all the countries we can and have them remove the terrorists from the country. This won’t always work of course –buts its better then sending our troops and such into harms way.

Better yet, we should just hire this guy:

Discussion of Current Events

SupaReaper
SupaReaper
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 00:55:12 Reply

At 9/17/01 08:45 PM, Cyprus wrote: Alright, I am already aware I am going to sound like I am a young punk that has no idea what I am talking about but listen. I seriously want to bomb the hell out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran. The whole world is now against them and did you see the people CHEERING when they heard that innocent Americans were killed? 1,000's of men, women and children killed and they are CHEERING! Why the FUCK! should be show them any mercy? They are born to die, they are born to kill the U.S they recruit the poor kids of the country and train them for 9 years to HATE us. By time they are 8 they could kill you and spit on your body. Don't give them the chance. We have 3 days untill we go to war unless Afghanistan turns Bin Ladin over which we all know wont happen. And IF they do there are about 100 other people that will take his place. Turn the place into a big crater and make it a tourist trap. Personally, I would be the first to cheer when we bomb them. I'm tired of America never fighting back. It is OUR time. They started something they can't finish and they WILL pay.
-Cyprus

Hell, Why stop there inner city gangs are terroists, and if its that area of the world you have a problem with, why not neutron bomb the area? Thats the ticket kill all those people over there, but don't destroy the oil or any of the structures. Take down the sign that says Mohammed's rug shop and put up Smith and Jones Rug shop. Pure genecide. Just think what Hitler could have done with one of those neutron bombs!

Point being its Bin Laden and his people not these countries. The ones that harbor him I think should be turned into a big piece of glass, but not the innocent.

Discussion of Current Events

icy-mouse13
icy-mouse13
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 12:16:07 Reply

I couldn't agree with you more. The Taliban and bitch Laying are plagues to human society.

Coraxus
Coraxus
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 13:02:47 Reply

When I first saw the news on 9/11/01, I thought my world changed forever. My sister's friend "SWORE" that he was watching some action movie, why, because no one would believe that would ever happen, but it did. When they revealed the "prime suspect's" photo, I immediately thought of Nostradamus. Even though I don't know if his predictions are true or not, this is something that can't be comfirmed or denied.

I believe that ignorance has plague America over the years and has obscured our vision on how we see the world today, or most of it. I get the impression that America is blaming nations and groups of people blindly who had nothing to do with the attack, most of them anyways.

From the letter that was displayed, I am incline to agree, even though it explains one side of a story from an Afghani-American. I myself got no grudge against Afghanistan. Those who attacked us comes from a group, an organization, or a faction, whatever, that deals in the "Terror of Innocence", it is not an entire nation at all.

They actually want to wage a real war against the U.S. not for political reason, but to hurt and scare people in the name of Terrorism. President Bush and other officials say that these attacks were cowardly in many ways. Are they? Or did they coordinated the most ingenious plan of assault ever in the history of the world since the attack on Pearle Harbor?

Think about it, the U.S. has always been the super power because of our mighty military force for decades, but even we cannot be a match against the whole world. In a one to one fight, this terrorist faction, despite its capable military force, could not assault directly at America, maybe not even touch U.S. soil with a 1000 mile pole. So they figure out a way to hurt us, to cause enough damage, a message saying "We can hurt you just as you are able to hurt others on their own grounds!"

The terrorists plan to use our weakness to destroy us. They want to turn our ignorance against us by having us attack Afghanistan civilians and other innocent people who had nothing to do with the attacks. They want us to use our most advance military war machines to pound the hell out of the countries that have already acheived armagedic stage, just to stir up debris and rubbles while killing the innocents at the same time.

Look back at 9/11/01, did the terrorists use any of their own military equipment to pull of this operation? NO! All they ever used was our OWN resources, from using American company airlines to using simple, stabbing weapons. The only thing they used was NOT American made was their body, and their skills. If the U.S. military starts to retaliate in a large scale assault without knowing the consequences, in a way, the terrorist will manage to succeed in using OUR military war machines against us, without lifting a god damn finger. So in the end they will say to America "Ha, you are just as monsterous as we are. You are no longer civilized anymore, abandon your so-call freedom and democracy, you failed and we won!"

The sad truth to this is that the U.S. has become already a monster in the past. Look at the war at Vietnam, even though our marines could not distinguish civilians and soldiers, there were massive executions on the innocents that were obvious not involved in the war. How do I know? Because I watched the program on the History Channel and they were interviewing the very vetrans of that war, and some paid the price for the slaughtering.

Years ago, the CIA trained an honorable man to become a highly skilled agent. Appently, he became corrupted and usuper control over Panama. Manuel Noriega became a dictator with an iron fist. Finally, theres the subject that Tom Fulp brings up the possibility that the Taliban was trained and funded by the U.S. to overthrow Russia's occupation, but to attack the U.S. as well. The difference between atrocities that the U.S. created over the years and the recent terrorist attacks is that the casualties that Americans made were sometimes the innocents, but their targets and intension were focused on criminals, and bad guys. The terrorist on 9/11/01were deliberately on innocent civilians.

We must look into the past and learn our mistakes to avoid more of them in the near future. If you really want to hurt those bastards, using brute force will only make it worse if your path is not clear. You have to become the enemy from within.

In other words, infiltrate the terrorist's network and turn it against THEM, and finally to have their organization COLLAPSE on them harder than when the WTC towers collapse on us! Just as the British infiltrated the Nazi spy network in WWII by using the enigma machines against the Nazis, we must apply the same concept. This is a concept I saw on the movie "Enemy of the State".

Sorry If this opinion of my was too long. I had to get it out of my mind or I'd go crazy. It's like writing an essay or something.


Only I can make blue whales cry.

NukeDukem
NukeDukem
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 13:38:26 Reply

We want 5000+ DEAD in Afghanistan!
Eye for an eye!
Give 'em Hell, Harry!

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 20:36:02 Reply

there is no sense to turn it into a parking lot. they can't afford cars the stupid dumbasses. well anyway. let's kill em

Discussion of Current Events

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 20:38:15 Reply

kill all of them. don't let one stand. kill the ones that are innocent too. don't care if they have feelings. blow the fuckers up. go michael!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion of Current Events

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-20 20:40:29 Reply

i say we find bin laden then we just let him sit out side the white house in front of every one then just let him starve to death. i say wee need to torture him the best way we know how to do.

Discussion of Current Events