00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Discussion of Current Events

16,096 Views | 193 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 13:50:51

I can totally understand where your comming from, but you say that we would kill inocent people? well weren't all the thousands of ppl killed in the pentagon and wtc and bistandards innocent? I think that we have to do something because if we let ben laden get away with this other nations will think that we are a bunch of "push overs", no pun intended, so therefore we have got to retaliate.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 14:38:04

Dear Tom,
I am a 23 year old ex New Yorker currently situated up in Boston. I suppose you have heard of some of the horrible things several uncaring
people have posted as comments. I know you consider yourself neutral but I am saddened and offended by some comments made by a certain Isaiah (who made
the Boy & his Blob animation) and other cold hearted people. He made comments to one of the Tributes that made me tear up in anger. Yesterday I had to console a friend after the funeral of one of the Pilots who died in the attack. The pilot was a friend of hers. I also saw a friend yesterday who had lost 6 friends in the World Trade Center. I'm sorry if I got angry but the idea that someone could be so ridiculously cruel makes me seeth. I am a tired human being who would like at least a slap on the wrist given to Isaiah to show that those kinds of comments will at least be reprimanded.

Sincerely,

Morbidiqua

P.S. Yes I'm a chick... :)

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 15:03:13

i was longing to hear another side to the story its interesting to finally hear something from the other side cause lets face it the controlled media like radiio television and newspapers are only ever gonna release small very generalised opinions. In view of what is going on is afghanistan i think we should be providing support to these people turn them into our allies then we have a country of spies allowing us to track down the taliban and Osama using only a fraction of the firepower and man power available.
of course this would be dangerous and take time, which is why its easier to shoot blind at targets and hope to hit the right one. carpet bombing would grant us even more enemies and is much more cowardly.
what we must do is stop the needless violence erupting around this event. today on the news i heard about 2 men who were targeting a 19 year old asian girl with baseball bats in order to seek redemption, how cowardly pathetic and wrong is that? these men by acting like this take on the mentality of the taliban and its extremist followers.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:00:42

i say we kill the mother fuckers. i say we turn them into another dessert. i hope we do something soon because people here are going crazy.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:03:44

Everyone who wants to declare war on afghanistan should think of their younger brother or sister, their child or their parents. Then they should imagine that person severely burnt or disabled. This is what it is like for the people of Afghanistan, and if war brakes out between Islam and the west, it will happen to us.

It is the Taliban that are at fault. People should remember that killing innocent people, killing women children or the elderly, or attacking without violent provocation is stictly forbidden by the Qu'ran. The Taliban and Bin Laden are simply a bunch of psychos that are abusing a religion for their own gain. what gain? Bin Laden is thought to have made billions on the stock exchange through 'predicting' the tragedy...

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:08:25

lets all end this in a peaceful manner i'm canadain we will fight this together

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:14:28

At 9/18/01 02:38 PM, morbidiqua wrote: Dear Tom,
I am a 23 year old ex New Yorker currently situated up in Boston. I suppose you have heard of some of the horrible things several uncaring
people have posted as comments. I know you consider yourself neutral but I am saddened and offended by some comments made by a certain Isaiah (who made
the Boy & his Blob animation) and other cold hearted people. He made comments to one of the Tributes that made me tear up in anger. Yesterday I had to console a friend after the funeral of one of the Pilots who died in the attack. The pilot was a friend of hers. I also saw a friend yesterday who had lost 6 friends in the World Trade Center. I'm sorry if I got angry but the idea that someone could be so ridiculously cruel makes me seeth. I am a tired human being who would like at least a slap on the wrist given to Isaiah to show that those kinds of comments will at least be reprimanded.

Sincerely,

Morbidiqua

P.S. Yes I'm a chick... :)

The whole point of the internet (and freedom of speech), is that you can say whaever the hell you want. I saw some of Isiah's comments and they were pretty shitty things to say in a time like this, but I think it would be kind of hypocritical of Tom to "reprimand" Isiah for this while absolutely nothing has been done about the biggest arsehole of them all -strawberry clock. But let's forget about him, he's had his 5 minutes of fame.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:18:41

We don't have to kill any more innocent people. NONE of the population of afghanistan actually supports the taliban. Also most of the population of afghanistan dosen't have any means of finding out about the world trade center being hit by a jet. They have no radio, no TV, not even newspapers. So they don't know. Since they have nothing to lose, they would probably side with the west.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 16:56:49

The US has some of the best technology in the world
they can be pinpoint the location of a nickle lying wedged between the buttcheeks of a angry arab.
The NATO alliance has the best special forces in the world, they are like a crossover between a ninja and McGuyver.
Yet they have to bomb the entire country to get a single bearded freak.
Excuse me, but that dosen't make much sense

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 17:13:36

This has been a big debate on the BBS since the day the towers fell. As I have said before, at first I was happy to see people coming together...but soon I was sickened as many people decided to give in to the basest of instincts and scapegoat a race of people in a sad attempt to appease their anger. All the time these people do not realize that they are emulating the man that they most despise.

In response to the comment that news anchors often turn into babbling idiots when without a teleprompter, I wholeheartedly agree. I watch the anchors at my station do this daily.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 17:19:24

HEy Arrogancy, I never said anything about nukes. Sure a few Cruise missles and some artillery but where did I say nukes? Don't think I did.

Im more concerned with the economy as of this moment, supposedly we're on the rebound and then the airlines and insurance industries get hit. Wahts wrose is that now we've got to be on the lookout and beef up security further for the SLC Games in February.

As tempting as Military police all over our street corners sound I think it would be better to find these people and keep them out of the country.

As much fun as this is I am going to go simulate the Ravens vs. VIkings on MAdden 2002 to find out who would have won that monday night football game.

"War cannot be stopped, it can only be postponed due to the advantages of others." Machiavelli

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 17:37:45

Think of the Afganistans as Jews in the concentration camps? Like they're the good guys? Is that why they were dancing in the streets are the terorist attacks?

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 18:08:40

About the conspiracy---

At 9/17/01 02:51 PM, GiR wrote: Hmmmm... everyone is making a good point. I do have one idea of conspiracy... but I don't know. Here is something that I e-mailed my friends:

I think that the gov't started this whole thing. FACT: In the WTC, when the planes crashed into the buildings, everything in the plane and around that area of the building melted because it was so hot. And yet, the US gov't claims to have found one of the terrorists passports.

The plane crashed into the building then exploded. The heat for the combusted gas did melt everything around it, but such a thing happens as fast as the gas from the fuselage leaks. Things will only melt when the ignited gas hits it. If the passport of the terrorist was in a bag or in a pocket of some sort, there are chances that the gas did not reach it. On top of that, paper has to burn...it won't if it is exposed to high heat gas. Consequently, what you do say is plausible, but it seems more likely that investigators found a charred and blackened passport.
FACT: When the buildings collapsed, they imploded to an extent, like how when they implode buildings that are no longer needed. If a huge plane crashes into a building, and it collapsed, wouldn't it fall over on its side just a little bit??

No. The World Trade Center was built to withstand the impact of small planes (i.e. MD-11's) not 737's. When something that large hits it, the shock of impact weakened the main supports. When the main supports weaken, the weight of building can nolonger be held up. Each floor then collapses on the next, causing an implosion. The supports must have been irrepairably damaged in the 1992 bombing of the WTC garage also. Also if someone used plastic explosive or any other type, they would have needed a TON of it. Even after the fact, the amount of residue from the explosives would have been enormous, and that's something the feds can't ignore very easily.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 18:39:42

At 9/18/01 05:37 PM, ParaSwarm wrote: Think of the Afganistans as Jews in the concentration camps? Like they're the good guys? Is that why they were dancing in the streets are the terorist attacks?

First the Afghans werent dancing on the streets, those were the palestinians. And second, it was the same footage of film being shown everytime of the same 10 or 15 people. Does 10 or 15 people describe the beliefs of millions?

With that said, the news media has been pretty much fueling the fire and giving its audience what they want, reason for hatred and anger. This is how they get their ratings. Of course theyll throw in a little bit of good news here and there, but thats just so they seem like they care about whats happening. Hey this is America, everythings done to make money in some sort of way, even war. Here are a few examples:

1) Do you think during the golf war, the United States was helping to free Kuwait because they thought it was the right thing to do? In actuality it was to keep the price of gas down and a side-effect of their actions would be freeing Kuwait.

2)While Iraq and Iran were in war with each other, who do you think was giving money and arms to both sides? America. They called it duel containment, which basically means let them kill each other so they wont go destroying other gas producing countries.

3) Then theres Vietnam and a ton of otheres which I wont go into.

What Im saying is that most people arent aware of things like this that the US does because the media is not going to report it. Its unpatriotic to talk about things like that and anyways people dont want to hear that the US was at fault for anything. Ive been reading a lot of posts on here that have made me realize that 99 percent of peole living in the US dont know anything about world history, US history, or of other countries or cultures.

Im not going to give my opinion on what should be done about Bin Laden, because I need to do a little more research into the subject. All I know is that the Afghans had nothing to do with the bombing, just a small group of people who arent even Afghans in some cases. Because Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma building we should bomb his family?

I think all of have to turn the TV's off and start looking for the true facts before we make any judgements, especially people in power because most of them know as little about this matter as most Americans.

Remember, we're humans, before we're Americans. Be patriotic to the human race and not to hatred and racism. Be true Americans.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 18:43:11

And one other thing: People are dead. Innocent people lost their lives. Everyday, thousands of more people begin losing hope that their loved ones will turn up...If you're in New York go downtown and look at the tons of posters with faces of missing people. They're all smiling and happy, and now tearful relatives are having the hope of finding their loved ones chipped away a day at a time. How could this happen here?
Well, it did. And this sort of thing happens all over of the world, all the time, going back to the beginning of civilization. Look at history. Look at places where disputes will never be settled, and look at why. In Isreal, each side has factions out for blood. When one side kills, the other side kills. Angry at the loss, the first side kills again. It's a vicious cycle.
You think I'm being mean? I've had friends who lost parents. I've had friends who have been spit on and threatened because they are Muslim. I've been to both extremes at once, and now I'm scared because we are going to rush blindly into war wreak havoc on a country already plunged in chaos, and set ourselves up for the next terrorist tradgedy. The People of Afghanistan do not hate us. 90% of Muslim People do not hate us. It is the fanatics. There are fanatics in every religion, and they ruin everything for the majority. Fanatic Christians in this country breed racist hate. Fanatic Jews in Israel will kill for their state, even if that means assassinating their own prime minister. Fanatic Muslims in Afghanistan will kill all who get in the way of their plans of creating the perfect Islamic state. Fanatic Hindus kill kind hearted missionaries who want nothing more than to help poor villagers in India. The list goes on.
The moral here: HATE ONLY BRINGS MORE SADNESS. If you want justice, go after the fanatics. Bring down the Taliban regime, bring down Bin Laden. Bring Down the KKK. Bring down the RSS (for those of you indians out there).
Bring down those who hate, and let live those who would be happy with the sanctity of life.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 19:26:32

In Animal Farm, the pigs said "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

What a lot of people are doing right now... they're thinking "Their people are innocent, but ours were more innocent than them. So let's nuke them."

sigh.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 20:25:52

I'm not to sure what people would think about my idea... But it is my idea. Along with my families, and a few of my friends. Well, not exactly enough people to go agead and try to start a "La Resistance" like in the 'South Park: Bigger, Larger Uncut'. I feel that physicalty will only solve part of the problem created by the bombing of the World Trade Center, something which I saw first hand from outside the window of my high school on the 7th floor that faithful morning. What we need to do is to destroy the the suicidal beliefs of the Talban.
We can bomb O(U)sama hundreds of times over. It'll only make his followers angry, and all 15+ children of his angry at the United States. What will prevent them from attacking us again in another 20 years or so, when they're strong enough to carry out the death wish of their father. And the fact that he was the leader of these bombings are still now comformed. I mean SURE, there are still tons of evidence pointing to him, but America will feel really stupid if it was someone else. Not to drift away from the subject of how I feel the matter should be dealt with.
Unfortunatley, for all of the true patriots back there who would love to give themselves just to help America in a whole in the fight against not only Osama bin Laden, but against Terrorism altogether. And it's unfortunate that the thousands of people, uncluding alot of my own friends who wanted to help with the excavation of the remains of the WTC because it is also being treated as a 'crime scene'. Bt let it be known that to the victims of the WTC attacks, and to everyone accepted, our hearts are with you. Whether it be the most hardcore gangsta' to the wimpiest person, and all in between.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 21:07:23

Timothy McVeigh killed thousands of Americans a few years ago. If "Bin Laden" represents all the "Afghanistans" then "McVeigh" represents all the "Americans."

Don't you people know that all nukes nowadays are made of rubber? As in if you throw one on someone, someone will throw one back at you.

Afghanistan (and by that I mean the Taliban) already declared that it will attack any country in its perimeter that supports the United States. Meanwhile, the US twists Pakistan's arm and demands access to all their military equipment and operations. Pakistan sides with the US, not just because it's ultimately the right thing to do, but it also knows it's much worse to mess with the US than with Afghanistan.

So now Pakistani will die.

Did you know that Bush refused to sign anti-terrorism legislation in the U.N., which would have allowed terrorists like Bin Laden to be tried in front of a world court? He never thought the US was in danger of terrorism, so he let the rest of the world fend for themselves.

There's a difference between justice and revenge.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 21:39:37

I can't believe some of the people on Newgrounds! Throwing out random numbers, "Oh the United States has killed 50000000 innocents they should die as much as the terrorists." Hmmm lets think about that. No. Take a look at other countries: the Holocaust... How many innocent Jewish Civilians died in that war? Far more than the United States has ever killed in any conflict. Then in Russia, the purge trials and Stalin's reign of terror millions of people died in both of these situations and some people think the United States is bad? I agree America has done many wrongs (Racism against Native Americans, Japanese Internment Camps, and other various horrific acts) and maybe deserves this attack against its property, but killing people is just wrong. I read these reviews about people commending the cowardly (oh yes and they were cowardly, people who attack without warning and against civilian targets are afraid of something, and giving your live for a cause is not exactly bravery either many military soldiers gave and will probably give their lives for a cause, they just believe that they will go to Allah or heaven you want bravery: the people on the plane that crashed in Philadelphia or the firefighters that lost their lives when the WTC toppled) attacks and saying America deserves this horrible tragedy, I say bullshit. Any loss of life anywhere is a horrible thing! And America is one of the most peaceful nations on the Planet. Our country has sent millions upon millions of dollars to help the needy; on a whole our people are kind and good hearted. We have gone to war, but in almost every case it is to help or protect another country and the ideal of freedom. Dropping the a-bomb on Japan maybe wasn't the best choice, but would Germany and Japan used them against us in WWII? Probably. America is a strong, and peaceful nation until attacked and then it will rage. If the terrorists don’t like our retaliatory response, screw them they brought it upon themselves. 5,000 people or more died in these attacks, that is like a year of the United States Military casualties (spelling? I suck at spelling) in one day. Furthermore, in most wars involving the United States less than 5,000 innocents lost their lives. This attack shows the dark side of human nature that people should rightly hate, it isn't unnatural for humans to feel hate when attacked. All the nations should ban together to fight terrorism and make sure that this sort of incident never happens again and I for one would like to thank all the people around the world that pledged to help this fight against terrorism. Human beings should also remember that only select groups of corrupted humans planned these attacks not whole races if Bin Ladin did do it then don’t attack Arabians or Afghans who are totally and completely unconnected with these bombings. I also wish to express all my grievances towards people affected by this attack and to thank all those involved in the rescue efforts! God Bless America! And God Bless the whole World!
P.s. these following people should not be considered as true human beings (in my opinion of course)
Mincemeat
zlatko
angelspit
Rondar
_Isaiah_
p.p.s.
There are also many NG users that don’t get their facts straight and say ill comments towards movies that most of them couldn't even think about making... the fact that these people got this many movies out in such a short time shows how they feel and how hard they worked. I am not a flash producer but I know the time and effort it takes to just make a simple flash slideshow. I also want to stress that if you feel the urge to denounce my opinions remember they are opinions... even the people that type in all caps and swear every other word are just stressing their opinions, but the people I listed above need serious help. Lol I wonder if anyone read to the bottom of this. email-fatmodger@hotmail if you feel that immense urge to contact me!

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 21:54:35

I must admit that after hearing that Bin Laden was responsible for those atrocities, I was ready to make Afghanistan into an eternal glowstick, but after seeing that the Afghans aren't the ones who did this, and that they're suffering as we are, that we should help them get back what's rightfully theirs.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:06:42

At 9/18/01 09:07 PM, rvyn wrote: Timothy McVeigh killed thousands of Americans a few years ago. If "Bin Laden" represents all the "Afghanistans" then "McVeigh" represents all the "Americans."

Don't you people know that all nukes nowadays are made of rubber? As in if you throw one on someone, someone will throw one back at you.

Afghanistan (and by that I mean the Taliban) already declared that it will attack any country in its perimeter that supports the United States. Meanwhile, the US twists Pakistan's arm and demands access to all their military equipment and operations. Pakistan sides with the US, not just because it's ultimately the right thing to do, but it also knows it's much worse to mess with the US than with Afghanistan.

So now Pakistani will die.

Did you know that Bush refused to sign anti-terrorism legislation in the U.N., which would have allowed terrorists like Bin Laden to be tried in front of a world court? He never thought the US was in danger of terrorism, so he let the rest of the world fend for themselves.

There's a difference between justice and revenge.

You need to get your facts straight. Timothy McVeigh killed 180-some people. I believe it was 187. He was also a ex-militant who went bonkers after seeing what happened at Waco, Texas.
How will Pakistan get attacked by a country with no infrastructure and hardly any military force besides small terrorist groups? By the time the United States gets to the Taliban, they'll be lucky to fight us off, let alone the Pakistanis.
Anti-Terrorism acts? I don't know...seems to ME, that you can't control terrorism...might just be ME though...then there's the fact that killing 5000 people is already illegal, but let's just ignore that fact.
There is a difference between justice and revenge. There's also a difference between fact and fiction.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:19:35

You need to get your facts straight. Timothy McVeigh killed 180-some people. I believe it was 187. He was also a ex-militant who went bonkers after seeing what happened at Waco, Texas.
How will Pakistan get attacked by a country with no infrastructure and hardly any military force besides small terrorist groups? By the time the United States gets to the Taliban, they'll be lucky to fight us off, let alone the Pakistanis.
Anti-Terrorism acts? I don't know...seems to ME, that you can't control terrorism...might just be ME though...then there's the fact that killing 5000 people is already illegal, but let's just ignore that fact.
There is a difference between justice and revenge. There's also a difference between fact and fiction.

My mistake, it was actually 168. I was still closer than "1000s"

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:21:08

I though it over and i believe that we shouldn't bomb all of them. i wish i would be the one to find bin Laden. man that dude is a pain in the mother fuckin ass. i hope we kill him and bomb all of his lil suicide groups too. I think this is a good thing for what america is doing.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:25:06

I think we should just bomb it piss on it and leave it Fuck them they killed my brother.

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:36:39

Turn Afghanistan into a parking lot! =D

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:41:53

Hi I am a Sikh a few of you may have heard that a sikh was killed i dont remember where sikhs wear turbans to cover their hair this man was killed simply beacuse he was wearing a turban. Me and my family have to worry right now because my dad is Sikh and for the first time in my life i hear people who are close to me talking about buying a gun. We should not kill people simply because of what faith they are we are supposed to be united another thing Bush claims we are on a "crusade" isnt a crusade only for christians?

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:45:04

All I really have to say is:

Make Love Not War.

Sounds like a good idea, no?

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 22:52:05

well i dont know what you think about this whole " ending of the east US on thursday". some big shot philosopher who lived a million years ago thinks he knwos whats goin on. i dont really care if its true or not, but what i do care about, is the fact that newgrounds has games where i can bash Bin Ladens balls with a bat. this is one of the many reasons why newgrounds is the best site on earth.
you can call me mean but when i saw all those rags dancing in the streets over the death and destruction on newyorks population, i wanted to just drop the bomb right there and now. but hey thats might be just me...

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 23:32:38

At 9/18/01 01:37 PM, K_psychotic wrote: ok ok ok everyone seems to be forgetting something.

Well, enlighten us, O omnipotent one.

15,000 people men, women, and children are dead.

Try 5,000. When making political commentary, such as this post, 'tis best not to exaggerate; doing so makes your statements seem less factual.

first of all there is no way in hell we will not let their lives go un-avenged.

Who said we were? Who in the fuck ever, EVER said, "well, they win. screw it, boys, let's go home." Jesus H. Christ, "avenging" their deaths doesn't mean we have to bomb the population of another nation to hell! It should more precisely mean finding the organization responsible, then bringing them to justice, where they'll most certainly feel the wrath of a pissed-off America through an overbearing Judicial system. (Oh, and by the way, you had a triple-negative in that statement[something I've never seen before], characterized by your usage of "no way," "will not," and "un-avenged" in the same sentence; essentially, you said, "We will most certainly let the lives lost go un-avenged.")

Secondly there are other terrorist organizations out there. It's a "war on terrorism" not just bin laden, he's our main focus right now but it won't end right there.

If this whole thing was all about a "war on terrorism," then we would never even consider bombing Afghanistan. True, Afghanistan has terrorist training camps in their borders; but that's not the fault of the civilians there! THE TALIBAN TOOK OVER THE COUNTRY IN 1997, AND THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TERRORISTS BEING THERE! The Afghanians didn't take a poll on whether or not they wanted religious psychotics training to kill others en masse in their backyards; they don't have any rights at all! Dammit, bombing Afghanistan would be like bombing a Japanese P.O.W. camp holding Americans in WW2. (On a similar note, if there were even ONE American in Afghanistan, we wouldn't want to bomb anyplace even bordering the country. However, since we know that isn't the case, we feel free to bomb away! Cause no other country's people matter to us!)

It's up to Afghanastan to either hand over bin laden (because we al know they can) or to keep him and have their country crushed.

Really? Wait… so we all KNOW they can simply hand over their leader, just like that? OK, then; send your mayor over to my state, or else I'll bomb yours. That sounds fair enough.
WELL? What's taking so long?

Now you really have to look at how weak minded they are if they do keep him. Osama convinced them that they could beat not only the U.S. but every alliance they have going with them. It's pretty much the world (excluding china japan india etc) vs. a middle-east country.

Wow, I never thought of that! Cause last I heard on the news, the Taliban is thought to have branches of supporters stemming all throughout the middle-east, in numerous countries besides Afghanistan. You see, Sir Simpleton, it's not even us versus a middle-east nation; it's us versus a middle-eastern religious CULT of sorts.
Besides, like I've said MANY times before, the Taliban aren't in Afghanistan on peaceful terms of ANY kind; they oppress those under their rule like white, American slave owners did in the 18- and 1900s. My point?: these Taliban assholes don’t HAVE to convince anyone about anything! Have you ever even TRIED looking beyond your own comfortable, little existence to realize that maybe, just maybe, not everyone lives in a country as tolerant as yours?

There was really only one man who worked for taliban who could even rival Osama but guess what....his ass was assassinated a week ago.

…Who the fuck’s that? I didn’t hear anything about Americans giving a shit about Afghanistan, the Taliban, or Osama Bin Laden UNTIL just last week!

So now here you have at it's more likely ww3 then the an operation "desert storm" except this time you finish the job.

A) Horrible grammar and spelling;
B) Your comparisons don’t make sense. You compare WW3 (a war that hasn’t even occurred yet) to Desert Storm (a fight that America wanted to get involved in, which ended years ago). How can you say that anything is more like something that DID happen, and less like something that HASN’T HAPPENED YET??? That statement completely breaches the basics of logic.

America is an amazing country where anyone no matter race, religion, or creed have the chance to speak freely about their view points.

And yet the people of this great country feel the need to stereotype different ethic groups and label them with horridly offensive slurs, and promote idiocy, insecurity, and crippling co-dependence through pop culture; we have a government that lies to us “in order to protect us,” a fat-headed arrogance that we’re untouchable by any other international power, corrupted, biased police forces around the country, and because of the attack on the WTC/pentagon/airlines of the US, a deep-rooted yearning to bomb the shit out of a defenseless country (so as to extract sweet, sweet revenge) from sea to shining sea.
Yep; God Bless America. But I digress…
Yeah, we have freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc. Y’know what’s one freedom we don’t have, though? Freedom to play God. We have absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to take the lives of civilians. We’ve come a long way from the archaic ideal of “An Eye For An Eye.” Revenge shouldn’t be taken merely by matching the number of our lost countrymen to the number of people we kill! That’s nothing but simple, sick hatred.

If we don't attack and we don't fight then what are we? Cowards? Weak? Not american...who knows.

Oh, sorry, I keep forgetting; we Americans don’t measure our self-worth on the international playing field by our intelligence, our compassion, our empathy, our economic standpoint, our government’s competence, or our contributions to the research and development of the Free World. Nope; we measure it in how many innocent, colored fuckers we can blow away after we’ve been screwed over by a faceless enemy. Damn! Now why can I never remember that?

Response to Discussion of Current Events 2001-09-18 23:50:56

You're wrong, sic_maget. _I_ gave a damn about the Taliban. It was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance."
--Thomas Jefferson.

We weren't exactly vigilant when this happened! But I'm gonna carry on with my life. As for whoever said that the other guy who could rival Bin Laden was assassinated, get your facts straight!

The person assassinated was the leader of the Northern Alliance, who have been busting their asses trying to get rid of the Taliban! Here's some advice I gave Jack Chick a while back: Either get your facts right or don't put them up for the world to see!

Otherwise, you end up looking quite the fool!

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place