00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

War and/or Peace?

765 Views | 3 Replies

War and/or Peace? 2001-09-15 13:34:40

Just curious how everyone felt about the US (+allies) going to war (or not).

I mean, I've heard valid arguments for both.

Mine, however, is for war:
Peace doesn't make itself. You can't just look around after an act like this and check your watch while you wait for peace 'o clock. You have to fight for it, you have to defend it--for your children and families to live in peace, you have destroy those that try to take it away from them.
Osama Bin Laden is a fucking genius. A crazy fucking genius, no less. Ever gone into a sanitarium and tried to talk the guy who thinks the voices in his head are telling him to collect the penis from every man not him, into sitting down and thinking it over? Nope, you give him drugs and counsel him while he's sane because that's the only time you can reason with him.
So, who wants to be the one to give psychological counciling to Good 'Ol Charlie Bin? Or fill out his prescription for that matter . . . you want to be on the same bus as him if he forgets his medication? Ain't gonna happen, and the countries harboring him won't give him to use. I just don't think "bringing him to justice" will happen, or is at all feasible if it does. With all his money and criminally insane followers, he'd just escape anyway--we'd never catch him again.
If we let him free, he'll just lie (believe it or not, people do that) and chill out for a while being even more careful that none of the terrorist acts he's heading can be traced back to him.
So, we need to take him out. And if the Taliban 'government' wants to keep him safe, then fuck'em. For those weeping for Afghanistan, they shouldn't let themselves be swayed by the Taliban--or simply leave until this is over.
This is not a small deal, and the whole world will have to make sacrifices to stop an up and coming Hitler that moves, and acts as a ghost. You know. Those ghosts that fly planes into buildings full of mommies and daddies? The kind that would jump at the chance to do it again . . . and again . . . and again.

But I really would like to see some more arguements for both war and peace. The kind of arguments that make sense and say something that's not an opinion that came verbatum from the mouth of someone else.

Response to War and/or Peace? 2001-09-15 15:19:58

I don't want to go to war. Cuz if we do it will be big! As it starts it will be small but then more countries will be forced to choose sides. Eventualy we have a 10+ year war on our hands. By that time i will be 26 and at a prime age for drafting. FUCK THAT MAN! I do not want to go to war. We will just kill alot more people then are already gone.

Response to War and/or Peace? 2001-09-15 15:22:56

I checked your age and you would probably be drafted too. Think about that.

Response to War and/or Peace? 2001-09-15 16:44:19

At 9/15/01 03:22 PM, ChronoBasher wrote: I checked your age and you would probably be drafted too. Think about that.

Should our country really have to resort to drafting the people who have the most store in defending it?

Think about that.