00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is your stance on climate?

1,908 Views | 29 Replies

What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-23 18:37:22

Do you believe climate change is real or a hoax?

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 01:00:19

Oh, I believe more in what the scientists say than what comes out of organizations funded by the fossil fuel industry, or partisan new sites.

And you might want state your own opinion on this. I really don't like topics where the OP is to afraid to express one.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 10:31:13

At 9/23/17 06:37 PM, sirleibl wrote: Do you believe climate change is real or a hoax?

;;;;
Well there is proof the planet formed from interstellar material, condensed into a massive hot molten ball of material that separated into lighter material mostly on the outside a heavy metal core, which is still molten.

So in looking out my window, I would have to say the climate has gotten colder ...yes indeed a lot colder since then

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 13:15:18

I believe our actions have no consequences and we can do whatever we please because some 2000+ year old book says a being from the sky gave the world to us.

Also TV commintators tell me so, so it must be true.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 14:52:36

There is no real debate amongst the scientific community that climate change and global warming are in fact happening. So I'm going to go with them.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 15:34:44

Kind of hard to deny that there isn't global warming when it is 90 degrees outside in late September where I live, though there is far more to global warming than that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-24 18:45:50

At 9/24/17 03:34 PM, orangebomb wrote: Kind of hard to deny that there isn't global warming when it is 90 degrees outside in late September where I live, though there is far more to global warming than that.

I live in the Chicago area and it is unseasonably hot here. Plus we barely had a winter here in Chicago this year. So that right there proves the climate is changing.

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-25 09:20:56

At 9/24/17 02:52 PM, LordJaric wrote: There is no real debate amongst the scientific community that climate change and global warming are in fact happening. So I'm going to go with them.

The most baffling thing is that there are still people around that don't go with the scientific community.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-26 09:50:38

At 9/25/17 09:20 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
The most baffling thing is that there are still people around that don't go with the scientific community.

;;;;
Really , What 'go' with do you mean ?

The one where climate is changing, & a small part of it may be caused by us ...And people don't believe ?

Or where scientiusts & environmentalists say pollution is getting completely out of hand & because changing our ways will effect Big Business bottom lines (AKA profits) they are fighting tooth and nail

Or do you instead mean the scientific community that have reported earths climate has changed in the past many times, will change in the future again & again & again .

After all, one can whine & complain about it getting warmer, but can you imagine exactly what this planet must have been like when the Antarctic had palm trees & tropical weather ?
They have proof of it, so relax & do whatever it is in life that gives you a buzz, whether that be smoking ,drinking, injecting or licking your favourite human who hopefully licks you back ~;)
And remember to dispose of you plastic responsibly

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-26 13:08:38

I think there was a case for reasonable doubt 15 years ago. Today it should be undeniable to anyone who's actually looked at the research.

I don't know why the right wing (not all blah blah blah) has to deny climate change. Personally I think they'd win far more people over if they pointed out areas where government intervention has made matters worse and promoted free market solutions to climate change.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-09-26 15:47:21

At 9/24/17 11:38 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: climates change... deal with it...

That's what the Paris agreement and China's $1 trillion dollar investment in green technology is for, right? Dealing with it?

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Global warming is an observed fact. It is not a matter of personal beliefs.
There is plenty of scientific evidence of a significant warming trend over the past several decades.

Strictly speaking, one should not confuse climate with weather. Weather is day to day variations, climate is the average weather conditions over at least 30 years. Just because today is much warmer than usual is not by itself evidence of climate change, although one may argue that global warming tends to increase heatwave or other extreme weather frequencies.

When scientists speak of climate change, they are actually talking about the change of average global temperature over the past 30 years or so, and not about a specific place being much warmer than usual on a given day.

Global warming does not trigger a specific weather condition.It is the specific weather set-up that does the job. (High pressure ridge is the cause of heatwaves, not global warming, low vertical wind shear and high ocean heat content is the cause of a particular severe hurricane, not global warming)

How much human activities are contributing to global warming is still being debated.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-02 11:28:34

At 9/28/17 10:23 AM, Sobolev wrote: Global warming is an observed fact. It is not a matter of personal beliefs.
There is plenty of scientific evidence of a significant warming trend over the past several decades.

How much human activities are contributing to global warming is still being debated.

;;;
seeing as it has happened many times in the past & as long as we have an atmosphere , climate change is inevitable.

Go look at how much earth climate can be affected by 1 large volcanic event. then look at how much of what is happening volcanically world wide. What we are doing is a drop in the bucket be side that.Now can that drop each year help fill the bucket quicker ...absolutely.
But the scam about global warming /climate change & what "we" can do about it .... is 100,000 % about ways Governments CAN TAX YOU in another way.
Full Stop.

Because they don't care about me, they don't care about you , they don't care about anything except BEING IN CONTROL & figuring out ways to keep you in the dark & paying out the ass for their profit.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-11 22:33:13

I consider myself a green conservative, and I believe climate change is real and it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-12 23:21:24

At 10/2/17 11:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Go look at how much earth climate can be affected by 1 large volcanic event. then look at how much of what is happening volcanically world wide. What we are doing is a drop in the bucket be side that.

This is absolutely 100% empirically false. This claim has been routinely debunked by climate scientists for the past ~40 years.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-13 14:49:55

At 10/12/17 11:21 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 10/2/17 11:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Go look at how much earth climate can be affected by 1 large volcanic event. then look at how much of what is happening volcanically world wide. What we are doing is a drop in the bucket be side that.
This is absolutely 100% empirically false. This claim has been routinely debunked by climate scientists for the past ~40 years.

Your graph and climate enthusiasts LOVE THEIR C02 .love it.
Pollution and climate change is more than C02.
Look up the Year without summer, a volcanic eruption lowered the temperature of the entire planet.

I also don't want to hurt your poor brain. But when the world had forests growing in Antarctica , C02 was around 1000 ppm , as opposed to 350-360 or so now. SO how many people were screwing the atmosphere back then (the age of the dinosaurs ????
so give your head a shake. Climate change has been happening , will be happening whether we are here or not.
So don't worry, & throw another tire on the fire ... but if making a difference is really important ....try to keep your plastic garbage out of our oceans

At 10/13/17 02:49 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Your graph and climate enthusiasts LOVE THEIR C02 .love it.
Look up the Year without summer, a volcanic eruption lowered the temperature of the entire planet.

You made a comparison between natural emission of pollutants and anthropogenic pollution. The example you used to draw this comparison was volcanic eruptions, and then claimed that anthropogenic pollution is a "drop in the bucket" compared to that. As I showed you, your claim is an empirically false assertion. The scientific community has been able to track the volume of volcanic pollution for decades. The numbers don't add up -- something else is greatly contributing to the volume of air pollutants (such as CO2) beyond what's being emitted naturally via volcanoes. The Mt. Tambora eruption is totally irrelevant to this point. Here, let me show you the summary of the empirical evidence the IPCC published in 2007 (please refer to pages 39 and 40, although I recommend you read the entire report):

"The observed widespread warming of the atmosphere and ocean, together with ice mass loss, support the conclusion that it is extremely unlikely that global climate change of the past 50 years can be explained without external forcing and very likely that it is not due to known natural causes alone. During this period, the sum of solar and volcanic forcings would likely have produced cooling, not warming. Warming of the climate system has been detected in changes in surface and atmospheric temperatures and in temperatures of the upper several hundred metres of the ocean. The observed pattern of tropospheric warming and stratospheric cooling is very likely due to the combined influences of GHG increases and stratospheric ozone depletion. It is likely that increases in GHG concentrations alone would have caused more warming than observed because volcanic and anthropogenic aerosols have offset some warming that would otherwise have taken place."

Also, please refer to the graph on page 40 which compares expected changes in surface temperature based on natural and anthropogenic variables. Per the study:

"Blue shaded bands show the 5 to 95% range for 19 simulations from five climate models using only the natural forcings due to solar activity and volcanoes. Red shaded bands show the 5 to 95% range for 58 simulations from 14 climate models using both natural and anthropogenic forcings."

I also don't want to hurt your poor brain. But when the world had forests growing in Antarctica , C02 was around 1000 ppm , as opposed to 350-360 or so now. SO how many people were screwing the atmosphere back then (the age of the dinosaurs ????
so give your head a shake. Climate change has been happening , will be happening whether we are here or not.
So don't worry, & throw another tire on the fire ... but if making a difference is really important ....try to keep your plastic garbage out of our oceans

Condescension is only justified if you actually know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, you fail to meet that criteria due to your sheer ignorance of the empirical data which easily evaporates your arguments.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-15 11:05:21

At 10/13/17 07:30 PM, Feoric wrote:

:blah blah blah blahhhh blah blah

Condescension is only justified if you actually know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, you fail to meet that criteria due to your sheer ignorance of the empirical data which easily evaporates your arguments.

;;;
Its more complex than co2 dude.
https://www.nature.com/news/climate-change-the-case-of-the-missing-heat-1.14525

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-15 15:21:32

At 10/13/17 02:49 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 10/12/17 11:21 PM, Feoric wrote:
Your graph and climate enthusiasts LOVE THEIR C02 .love it.

Uhm, that had nothing to do with CO2, that had to do with volcanic ash blocking the suns ray which led to a slight cool down. Usually, that only happens when a particular powerful volcano erupts and spews hundreds of tons of ash into the atmosphere.

While it is true that climate does change, it's usually part of a pattern, either a pattern than spans over several thousands of years, where the earth revolves around the sun, getting closer or farther away from it, or oceanic changes that leads to La Nina or El Nino over a 2 to 7 year period.

But in the last 200 years, the temperatures, on average, have continued to rise, which don't fit the above patterns, nor has there been an increase in volcanic activity. The only activity has been man releasing higher and higher levels of CO2, above the natural cycle levels, as well as leading to deforestation by cutting millions of trees down, and the increase acidic levels of the oceans from certain air pollutants, which has lead to the loss of coral and plant life, and all this has lead to a decrease in the absorption of CO2. And this doesn't even get into the domino effect of a warming planet that leads into to melting of permafrost which then leads to the release of more CO2 from organic decay.

Because they don't care about me, they don't care about you , they don't care about anything except BEING IN CONTROL & figuring out ways to keep you in the dark & paying out the ass for their profit.

You just described the fossil fuel industry, which funds the conservatives into power in government. And, as tax payers, we give billions to the fossil fuel industry in grants and subsidies every year, while you will also you continue to pay out the ass on gas prices that are based on speculation, and how foreign threats, or wars, might disrupt oil somewhere in the world that doesn't affect our supply, but prices go up anyways.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-15 17:48:47

At 10/15/17 11:05 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Its more complex than co2 dude.

You seem to be having a hard time following your own posts. Again, these are your words:

"Go look at how much earth climate can be affected by 1 large volcanic event. then look at how much of what is happening volcanically world wide. What we are doing is a drop in the bucket be side that"

I'll make this as easy to understand as possible: the underlined section of that quote is empirically false. Ergo, you are demonstrably wrong. Again, this is from the resource I provided in response to the above quote (which you probably didn't even read):

"Volcanoes emit CO2 both on land and underwater. Underwater volcanoes emit between 66 to 97 million tonnes of CO2 per year. However, this is balanced by the carbon sink provided by newly formed ocean floor lava. Consequently, underwater volcanoes have little effect on atmospheric CO2 levels. The greater contribution comes from subaerial volcanoes (subaerial means "under the air", referring to land volcanoes). Subaerial volcanoes are estimated to emit 242 million tonnes of CO2 per year (Mörner and Etiope (2002)).

In contrast, humans are currently emitting around 29 billion tonnes of CO2 per year (EIA). Human CO2 emissions are over 100 times greater than volcanic CO2 emissions. This is apparent when comparing atmospheric CO2 levels to volcanic activity since 1960. Even strong volcanic eruptions such as Pinatubo, El Chicon and Agung had little discernable impact on CO2 levels. In fact, the rate of change of CO2 levels actually drops slightly after a volcanic eruption, possibly due to the cooling effect of aerosols."

29 billion tons is several orders of magnitude greater than 66-97 million tons. No, what we are doing is not a "drop in the bucket" compared to volcanic activity.

Of course it's more than CO2: it's about the dramatic increase of GHGs we (not volcanoes) are pumping out into the atmosphere; carbon dioxide is simply a (very critical) component of this phenomenon. Nobody here is trying to debate that except you, so what's your point? You keep saying "Its (sic) more complex than co2 (sic)," but you never actually explain what it is you're attempting to say. You haven't actually refuted anything I have said throughout this one-sided exchange.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-17 17:27:47

At 10/15/17 05:48 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 10/15/17 11:05 AM, morefngdbs wrote: Its more complex than co2 dude.
You seem to be having a hard time following your own posts. Again, these are your words:

;;;
Its you dude, you just want to fight.
Face it WE CANNOT SAVE THE PLANET -FULL STOP-

CLIMATE CHANGE WILL NOT HARM THE PLANET -FULL STOP -

CLIMATE CHANGE AKA GLOBAL WARMING MAY HARM US (WHO CARES ) THE PLANET WILL SHAKE IT OFF.
Nothing we do can save this planet. & if our climate kills us off. LOOK at the evidence for what has happened after every single mass extinction, life has bounced back. May not be mammals that come back to the top this time...we our species may be gone for good...THE PLANET DOESN'T fukken care mate. The Planet will survive
AT LEAST FOR THE SHORT TERM & THEN !!!!!!!

This planets existence is tied to 1 unenviable fact when the Sun reaches the end of its life & expands our planet will become a cinder ... ash at best absorbed when our star becomes a red giant..

So give your head a shake dude. Throw another tire on the fire.turn all your lights on & have a drink (make it a double your so anal, you need a few of those)

But face the very simple truth dude ... the planet doesn't need saving. The Government needs a new way to TAX US. Global warming/climate change fighting is a way to do that & all the idiots are falling (as usual )right into line .

Seeing as you are well placed in that line up...might as well drink to the end of us, because if this battle to fight climate change (has it been called a war on climate change yet ???) goes half as well as the war on crime, the war on drugs, the war on Poverty (which I don't see as a failure , more of a catastrophic failure) We are in even worse shape than any expert is allowed to say.

but as for saving the planet give it up ....next you will tell me you have joined the government sponsored (at great taxpayer expense) collaring hurricanes for wind electricity production . Hopefully you or one of your expert sources can explain how that can be good when the entire electric grids around the hurricane area are wiped out , but I digress ~;p

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-17 23:27:18

At 10/17/17 05:27 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Its you dude, you just want to fight.

CLIMATE CHANGE AKA GLOBAL WARMING MAY HARM US (WHO CARES ) THE PLANET WILL SHAKE IT OFF.

Just to be clear: you're unable to discuss the data I've provided about anthropogenic pollution, you're unable to admit that you were wrong about anthropogenic climate change, and you're unwilling to exchange in any sort of dialogue to make yourself more informed about the real world, as opposed to some selfish random bullshit you've ignorantly subscribed to.

Whatever floats your boat!

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-18 09:28:57

At 10/17/17 11:27 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 10/17/17 05:27 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Its you dude, you just want to fight.

Just to be clear: you're unable to discuss the data I've provided about anthropogenic pollution, you're unable to admit that you were wrong about anthropogenic climate change, and you're unwilling to exchange in any sort of dialogue to make yourself more informed about the real world, as opposed to some selfish random bullshit you've ignorantly subscribed to.

Whatever floats your boat!

Just to be clear your data is meaningless
Just to be clear, measles data doesn't deserve discussion.
You want to save the planet from climate change.
The planet has always had climactic changes over billions of years of its existence . we have not been here for billions of years ...so it follows (logically ) climate change doesn't matter.
Human intervention, not withstanding. Unless you & those you have lined yourself up with who profess to want to save the planet, can figure out how to stop the suns destruction of said planet, then you may as well be farting against hurricane force winds & believing you have made a difference.
The 'data' on climate change is meaningless. The climate changes. Full Stop -period- so much proof of that its mind numbing you don't know that fact.
Being alarmed its happening now is silly in the extreme. Supporting some inane bullshit by those who exploit us in 'stopping it'. is as useful an exercise as turning off the sun by pissing on it.

Good luck with that.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-18 13:28:16

At 10/18/17 09:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote: You want to save the planet from climate change.

Nowhere at any point in this thread did I allude to the grandiose idea of "saving the planet," that's just some more unfounded bullshit you have desperately construed in an attempt to shift the discussion away from the empirical evidence, which, unlike you, I am able to provide. You immediately put words in my mouth and thoughts into my head the second you've realized you lost the ability to discuss the topic beyond your unfounded, unverified, and untrue claims. I don't want to "save the planet from climate change." I only wanted to correct you. Anthropogenic climate change is real. You said "a small part of it may be caused by us." That's wrong. You said anthropogenic pollution is a "drop in the bucket" compared to volcanic eruptions. That's wrong. I proved you wrong by citing peer-reviewed and methodologically sound data. You said the data is meaningless. That's wrong, too.

Unless you & those you have lined yourself up with who profess to want to save the planet, can figure out how to stop the suns destruction of said planet, then you may as well be farting against hurricane force winds & believing you have made a difference.

I'd love to talk to you about carbon capture, risk mitigation strategies, emission regulations, alternative energy, fuel efficiency, ending fossil fuel subsidies, etc, but so far even the most basic discussions about climate change with you seems to have been an enormous waste of time, seeing that you are convinced that the decision you made to shove your head up your ass as far as you possibly could is somehow a noble and enlightened anti-big government, anti-tax position. Can't help you there!

BBS Signature

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-18 17:40:12

At 10/18/17 09:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote: generic talking points

Son, it's clear that you don't have an argument with any substance in them, other than popular talking points that you were trained to repeat. It's kinda sad that you have an empty head that is easily exploited by others, who tell you that everyone else is being exploited. Such irony...

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-19 13:06:45

At 10/18/17 05:40 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Son, it's clear that you don't have an argument . Such irony...

;;;
absolutely , you don't . as you just proved. you have their talking points in your head and no room for truth.

Truth 1- climate change has happened many many times.
Truth 2 - climate change is no threat to the planet.
So stop repeating and supporting all the BS rhetoric about cutting carbon emissions and paying carbon taxes will save the planet.
The planet is in no danger.

All truths, all facts the rest is what you said & you along with other wearing your righteous blinders can't grasp that.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-19 13:09:56

At 10/18/17 01:28 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 10/18/17 09:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote: You want to save the planet from climate change.

Can't help you there!
;;
When al your attempts to fix the climate fail.
It won't be for lack of trying. console yourself that as per all the other times the climate changed. Mother earth kept spinning along just fine and life on earth adapted .

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-19 19:46:09

At 10/19/17 01:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Son, it's clear that you don't have an argument . Such irony...
;;;
absolutely , you don't . as you just proved. you have their talking points in your head and no room for truth.

Your truth sounds like a generic argument. It's simplistic, while devoid of any actual facts, or explanations - something meant for mass consumption. As I said before, the climate does indeed change, but it's usually part of a pattern. The current one doesn't fit any known pattern, and volcanic activity is well withing the natural cycle of things. Only Human activity can explain it, from deforestation to air pollution, both of which can affect the earth, if big enough, and man certainly does both these things in great quantity, which go beyond the natural cycle, or levels, that will produce noticeable changes. And this leads us to your next generic argument....

It may not be a threat to the planet, because the earth can rebound over time, but the problem here is that the rapid rise in temperature is going to lead to extreme weather patterns that will affect people. From more frequent hurricanes and tornadoes, which will lead to destruction of buildings, and loss of life, to severe drought and heat, which will lead to lower agriculture production. In all, it will cost this country hundreds of billions in reconstruction, and loss in hundreds of billions in revenue to agriculture and farming, on a yearly. So, while climate change may not be a threat to the planet, it is to us.

So stop repeating and supporting all the BS rhetoric about cutting carbon emissions and paying carbon taxes will save the planet.

Carbon Tax? Is that lie still going around? We are already paying billions in taxes to the fossil fuel industry in the forms of government subsidies, and gas prices will continue to increase, reliant on speculations on some foreign war or conflict that might disrupt supply somewhere in the world, making sure that we continue to get fleeced by that industry. As for green energy, there are plenty of tax rebates people get for going that way. I mean, when I went solar, I got back thousands back in tax rebates, and now I pay less than a hundred a month - use to be several hundred a month. Not to mention the same applies to hybrid cars. So how are people being fleeced again by government? I mean, your argument is so unrealistic. It borders on pure fantasy, and BS. Think for yourself, and stop bending over to the far right who are having a way with your ass.

All truths, all facts the rest is what you said & you along with other wearing your righteous blinders can't grasp that.

So far your truth makes you sounds like a religious zealot. I mean, it doesn't take anything to dispel your religious literature, which is meant only for people who only think in two dimensional ways. That is, if I argued that the planet will be destroyed, or that the climate doesn't change, or if I believed in carbon taxing. I may not be that smart, son, but you make me look like a genius with your silly, generic, talking points.

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-24 15:29:35

At 10/19/17 07:46 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 10/19/17 01:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 10/18/17 09:28 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
Son, it's clear that you don't have an argument .

Son its clear you are dumber than a post.

Your truth sounds like a generic argument. It's simplistic, while devoid of any actual facts,

Read it and weep . https://www.livescience.com/44330-jurassic-dinosaur-carbon-dioxide.html:

It may not be a threat to the planet, So, while climate change may not be a threat to the planet, it is to us.

;;;
Why is it a threat to many ? stupidity.
So how about when a low lying area gets wiped out by a hurricanee ...REFUSE TO ALLOW ANYONE TO BUILD THERE. turn it into parks, playground areas. HEre's a concept...let nature have it back. You Americans have to realize the rest of the world doesn't give a sh!t about you and your stupidity.
I seen people talking about how this is their 3rd 4th major flood & have lost everything ...AGAIN. et they are gonna rebuild ? Are U fallen kidding me, the level of stupid is at an all time high down there.

Carbon Tax? Is that lie still going around?

Yeah, here in Canada it is, an additional tax administered on products . & increasing , the fossil electricity producers are still putting it out up here.

I may not be that smart,
You certainly are not. Stupid comes to mind ...a parrot also would fit you as a descriptive word.

, but you make me look like a genius
Einstein was a genius, you remind me of a die heard NRA member.

with your silly, generic, talking points.
Generic really ?
The climate savers , are idiots , not geniuses. So you see where you are now .

Response to What is your stance on climate? 2017-10-24 22:07:35

At 10/24/17 03:29 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Your truth sounds like a generic argument. It's simplistic, while devoid of any actual facts,
Read it and weep . https://www.livescience.com/44330-jurassic-dinosaur-carbon-dioxide.html:

Huh? All I see is a page that says OOPs! What page!!?

Also, I'll just repeat what I said before you took took that one sentence out of context to look more stupid than bright:

As I said before, the climate does indeed change, but it's usually part of a pattern. The current one doesn't fit any known pattern, and volcanic activity is well withing the natural cycle of things. Only Human activity can explain it, from deforestation to air pollution, both of which can affect the earth, if big enough, and man certainly does both these things in great quantity, which go beyond the natural cycle, or levels, that will produce noticeable changes. And this leads us to your next generic argument....

It may not be a threat to the planet, So, while climate change may not be a threat to the planet, it is to us.
;;;
Why is it a threat to many ? stupidity.

Because it affects us all in some way, silly. A rapid rise in temperatures leads to a domino effect, where one thing affects another. While human may be adaptable, because we are the dominate species, we will still be affected by the domino affect in some way, whether it's our food supply, our finances, our homes, or our health - if you are a allergy suffer, ten your screwed with longer allergy seasons, or will have a higher chance to develop allergies.

For you not to understand this basic... and I mean basic reality that we are already experiencing, is like watching you run into a wall, get angry, run into the wall, get angry, scream at wall, run into wall, and repeat. it's almost comical if it wasn't so sad.

So how about when a low lying area gets wiped out by a hurricanee ...REFUSE TO ALLOW ANYONE TO BUILD THERE. turn it into parks, playground areas. HEre's a concept...let nature have it back. You Americans have to realize the rest of the world doesn't give a sh!t about you and your stupidity.
I seen people talking about how this is their 3rd 4th major flood & have lost everything ...AGAIN. et they are gonna rebuild ? Are U fallen kidding me, the level of stupid is at an all time high down there.

Son, you seem to to think that it just affect the US, it doesn't, it affects the entire world. Hurricanes just don't affect the gulf states, they can also affect the east coast, including parts of Canada - not to mention Mexico, and other Latin countries. They also affect many Asian countries as well. Then there are Tsunamis....

Part of the problem is that sea levels have risen from melting ice masses in the last 2 decades; and if you know anything about science then you would know that warm waters is also less dense than cold waters, adding to more sea level rise in certain areas. Sea level rise also erodes away land. So, because of that hurricanes can now push water further into land.

The idea that millions of people can just get up and leave their home, or business, for higher ground is probably one of the more dumbest things I have heard. I'm inclined to think that you think that it's possible, and you aren't joking when you said that. Not only is it economically, and financially, impossible, costing in the trillions, there has also been a concerted efforted by conservatives, funded by the fossil fuel industry, to promote doubt about climate change and what's behind it. In Florida, they have literally forbidden the use of the terms "rising sea levels", and climate change, in state reports,by the conservative politicians in power, even though that state is the most susceptible to those things, considering that more than a quarter of it is low level land that use to be a swamp land, or an estuary. And, more recently, our president recently rescinded an Obama era rule that put more regulation in place to make sure that people didn't rebuild,or build, in low level places that are susceptible to hurricane tidal damage - weeks before Harvey hit Texas.

And while Canada may not be affected by hurricanes, or tornadoes, it will be affected by other extreme weather patterns, such as severe cold, from the rapidly changing climate. The increased melting of the arctic has lowered the arctic waters temperatures by several degrees, and making the arctic ocean less salty, which makes it more prone to freezing, fucking up the planet's circulation in the northern hemisphere. Along with this, the polar vortex has changed, and less centered on the arctic To simplify all this, expect more cold winters in the eastern part of Canada, and other norther countries - while other countries, or states, get warmer weather.

Son, if you did any actual research, or if you actually read stuff outside of wanking off to porn sites, and bitching and moaning about things you clearly don't understand, I wouldn't have to point this simple shit out to you.

Carbon Tax? Is that lie still going around?
Yeah, here in Canada it is, an additional tax administered on products . & increasing , the fossil electricity producers are still putting it out up here.

Well, in the US, it's just used to scare people into supporting the conservative party, while those who go green get tax reductions, and pay less for their energy needs.