00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

parents destroy their kids games

986 Views | 19 Replies

parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-21 22:07:14

This is so fun to watch. Parents actually using authority on things they bought in the first place.

https://youtu.be/82Q8bvLvhHQ

So are the parents too hard? Which are your favorites? Which have gone too far?

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-21 22:19:21

From what I've seen either the kids are spoiled as fuck or the parents are just plain shit.

You can't coerce a kid into respecting you, at least not long term.

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 03:24:26

I wasn't able to see shit in that last one. The camera was down the whole time ):

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 04:00:43

I was sure they were going to troll their kids. They were very brutal.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 04:28:29

Most of these feel fake, Secondly, all of these indicate a good chance of abuse in the home which is just sad. A better approach is to take the system away until grades/behavior improve and then give it back. In extreme cases, sell or permanently remove the offending electronic but never destroy it publicly. By destroying their stuff, they're just showing that wanton destruction is okay as a form of discipline.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 09:56:30

At 9/22/17 04:28 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: wanton destruction is okay as a form of discipline.

So what you're saying is you think I was abused as a kid?

Tell me more about how you like to stigmatize others.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 10:35:52

Most of them are right. But some things costs a lot of money

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 10:57:29

At 9/21/17 10:19 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: From what I've seen either the kids are spoiled as fuck or the parents are just plain shit.

You can't coerce a kid into respecting you, at least not long term.

It's pretty much one of the two.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 11:20:04

At 9/22/17 09:56 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: So what you're saying is you think I was abused as a kid?

Tell me more about how you like to stigmatize others.

If your parents took your posessions and destroyed them to "Teach you a lesson" without finding a peaceful solution like temporarily taking the system away or explaining why they're removing it, then they most likely won't have good coping skills.

I don't like to stigmatize others. It's just psychology. If you're the head of the household or an authority figure, showing force by destroying a prized posession of someone's because of whatever reason just shows you don't have good diplomacy and can breed more bad behaviors into their children.

If a child sees the way their parents cope with a problem is to scream and break things, that's what they'll learn and keep the cycle going.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 11:58:23

In the old days, when families had to move, parents would burn a lot of stuff, including their kids' toys.

A lot of those kids were traumatized and became the hoarders of today.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-22 13:55:14

At 9/22/17 11:20 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:

If your parents took your posessions and destroyed them to "Teach you a lesson" without finding a peaceful solution like temporarily taking the system away or explaining why they're removing it, then they most likely won't have good coping skills.

My mother once ripped the door of my room of the hinges because I spent too much time there hiding from her.

I don't like to stigmatize others.

Bullshit. Here you are right now.

It's just psychology.

a term synonymous with bullshit

If you're the head of the household or an authority figure, showing force by destroying a prized posession of someone's because of whatever reason just shows you don't have good diplomacy and can breed more bad behaviors into their children.

Right, so you're saying child victims of abuse are to be treated as lesser-than compared to the unabused, despite not being at fault themselves.

This is the very definition of the stigmatization of victims.

If a child sees the way their parents cope with a problem is to scream and break things, that's what they'll learn and keep the cycle going.

Which is why it's so important that victims of child abuse HIDE THE ABUSE to avoid people like assuming they're inherently going to turn out to be violent criminals.

Admit to being abused=sedated to prophylactically.

It's worse than a death sentence. At least the executed eventually have it all over with.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-23 12:32:38

Should have just taken the video games from them and used them as rewards. Destroying video games just make the kids hate their parents.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-23 15:35:06

I'm willing to bet that the parents have paid for the electronics and the PSN/Xbox Live memberships as well. Their money, their choice. Sure, you could sell an item back, but it doesn't have the same emotional impact. This is meant to send a message. And with spoiled brats nowadays, that's often the only way to get it across.

Besides, what seems to be lost on a lot of folks watching this is that this is not the first time the kid has been asked to put down the electronics and do their homework/mow the lawn/etc. In several of these videos, the parent says they have gotten calls from the school, the data was used up in the previous month, and "what did I tell you?", indicating this has been discussed before and they have already tried other methods of dealing with the problem. What we are seeing here is a parent at the end of their rope after God knows how many times of telling the kid to stop fucking around and the anger has hit the boiling point. You can tell which ones are staged and which aren't.

And they way some of these brats are acting? Screaming profanities or putting my hands on my parents never would have crossed my mind. Like that one shit who says he cares more about the people in the comments than the parents? Never mind the fact that your parents house you, pay your utilities, feed, and clothe you. Did I fuck around as a teenager and sometimes refuse to do stuff? Of course I did, what teenager hasn't? But it never went that far because I understood what my expectations were. All the brats nowadays think even getting their cell phone taken away because of a D (not smashed, just taken away) is abuse. Um, no. It's called parenting.

...All that aside, this was extremely satisfying to watch. Especially some of these little shits acting like it was the end of the world.

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-23 17:22:29

LOL, no better way to crush someones soul than to destroy their shit. I'm sure most of them deserved it for being disobedient, and talking back only enrages an upset parent even more.

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-23 17:33:42

Answer me.

4ever Monstercat

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-23 20:44:16

This is exactly the kind of behavior that makes me really want to cringe on both sides of the fence, as purposefully destroying property is counterproductive at best and borderline abuse at worst, and what if that was someone's else's property? Good luck with trying to pay that back, whether or not it goes through small claims court. It's no wonder why you have kids who end up resenting their parents when they become adults, if not outright cut them off in extreme situations.

On the other hand, if the kids are really that spoiled, then that may have been the only way to get their attention. It may be, ironically enough, childish and impulsive, but drastic action may be needed to correct their behavior and I'm sure even the most liberal of parents need to draw a line somewhere.

I don't want to sound like I'm protecting or defending spoiled brats, I have to deal with these assholes from time to time, makes my generation look bad in the process, but at the same side of the card, I would like to think that we have gotten past this troglodytic parental behavior now that we figured out that shitty parenting can ruin lives, and with kids involved, nothing good happens.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-24 05:19:10

fake & gay

https://brocoligamesdevlog.blogspot.com/

BBS Signature

Joke is mostly on them, they are the one that paid for the system, so they are on the loss here.

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-24 14:05:07

At 9/23/17 08:44 PM, orangebomb wrote: It's no wonder why you have kids who end up resenting their parents when they become adults, if not outright cut them off in extreme situations.

I'll never forget I saw this one vid where the father completely destroyed his sons Xbox 360; and someone said when the father gets old the son would probably recall that incident and put him in a elderly home and neglect him. I lol'ed soo had cuz its probably true

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to parents destroy their kids games 2017-09-24 19:43:08

At 9/21/17 10:07 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: This is so fun to watch. Parents actually using authority on things they bought in the first place.

https://youtu.be/82Q8bvLvhHQ

So are the parents too hard? Which are your favorites? Which have gone too far?

Why does this look like some kind of ripoff of McJuggerNugget?

You know, that blond asshole that created Psycho Dad, Psycho Brother, yadda-yadda?

If the parents were serious, you wouldn't be watching video of it.

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.