00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help!

587 Views | 16 Replies

T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-07 07:29:08

There are a lotta websites out there that will help distribute artist's t-shirt designs, and pay them for every t-shirt sold. Off the top of my head I can think of TeePublic, TeeFury, and RedBubble that work in this format.

What are others that you can think of? Any and all that do something similar.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-08 13:32:32

At 9/7/17 01:42 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: you should use them all... then you have a larger market place to shill your wares...

Yeah, that's exactly the idea. Have my hands in multiple pots, actually.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-08 13:35:23

I've used Threadless and Society6 before and I'd recommend them since they're especially great for easily setting up artists' shops online.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-08 18:14:00

Right on, so far I have:
TeePublic
TeeFury
RedBubble
Cotton Bureau
Threadless
and Society6

I'll look into each of these over the weekend, really scrutinizing their terms and conditions and keeping an eye out for any red flags if they screw over artists or do anything shady.

Any others y'all can think of?

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-09 01:10:59

Right now, I've been using Redbubble after trying out many of the others. Definitely recommend them. Their complete/overall service (great web tools/site) is 100%, and their products are just as good, especially their tri-blend tees. Their products are also ethically sourced and are W.R.A.P. certified.

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-09 01:49:41

i like redbubble a lot

i love society6

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-10 03:05:56

At 9/7/17 07:29 AM, Phobotech wrote: There are a lotta websites out there that will help distribute artist's t-shirt designs, and pay them for every t-shirt sold. Off the top of my head I can think of TeePublic, TeeFury, and RedBubble that work in this format.

What are others that you can think of? Any and all that do something similar.

I just woke up from a 7-year coma but have you considered selling your shirts through the NG Store?

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-10 08:53:53

At 9/9/17 02:14 AM, CoolCatDaddio wrote:
I heard rumors that redbubble will take ban artists but will keep selling their stuff
do you have any idea if thats true? thats the only reason I avoided selling on them

I don't think they would ever risk that. That would be a PR nightmare and ruin their reputation.

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-14 11:21:35

At 9/10/17 03:05 AM, YenMuffin wrote:
I just woke up from a 7-year coma but have you considered selling your shirts through the NG Store?

Y'know, I think I just missed 'em...but I did have the thought of mirror uploading the designs and then linking in the description where they can buy those designs on websites that feature them as shirts, hoodies, stickers whatever. I don't think advertising the art through Art Portal submissions is against the rules, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I had the intention to use:
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Imgur
Tumblr
DeviantArt (guhhh)
and here, the Art Portal, as well as any blogs I could find that would be of specific interest to the thing I'm trying to sell.

Like, my mentor for this has been Shawn Coss. I've met him through my work in Cyanide & Happiness, he's a background artist for the shorts and I do animatics. He's a really cool guy, and his shirt sales are viable income because he targets groups and blogs on reddit and such who enjoy creepy things. That's where he developed his following.

So if I make a bullshit design like, for example, Red Dwarf but with Ganondorfs and its this silly thing called Red Dorf, I could look for fangroups and blogs and what not (and especially utilize tags) and hit up anyone that knows and appreciates Red Dwarf and also hit up people who feel similarly passionate about Zelda / Ganondorf. Link 'em to the shirt and boom, that's marketing.

Bumping this thread again to boost exposure, is there any other designer friendly t-shirt online marketplace that hasn't been mentioned?

To save you a scroll the list reads as:
TeePublic
TeeFury
RedBubble
Cotton Bureau
Threadless
and Society 6.

Once again, I really appreciate y'all. Thanks for the help!

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-14 11:24:23

SIMILARLY...are there any other art websites that I could try that marketing pattern that I mentioned above that I somehow forgot about?

So if not imgur, if not tumbler, social networking sites like a mentioned above, where else would be a worthwhile stop?

BBS Signature

At 9/14/17 12:35 PM, DarkRoxy wrote:
At 9/7/17 01:42 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: you should use them all... then you have a larger market place to shill your wares...
savage

Not really, he's absolutely right.

It's like the girl from the taco commercial, "Why not both?"

Truthfully, why limit the scope of marketing.

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-15 13:38:54

At 9/15/17 01:23 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 9/15/17 01:17 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 9/14/17 12:35 PM, DarkRoxy wrote:
Not really, he's absolutely right.

It's like the girl from the taco commercial, "Why not both?"

Truthfully, why limit the scope of marketing.
for a filthy lefty i have good business sense apparently...

Uh wut, where's this coming from? lol

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-17 18:18:06

Here's probably my final bump, you twelve people online at the time I posted this.

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-18 02:39:17

I remembed F.A.D.E.D 365 did something like this.

Good luck getting them to pay you for it though

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-18 13:57:22

At 9/18/17 02:39 AM, Gimmick wrote: I remembed F.A.D.E.D 365 did something like this.
Good luck getting them to pay you for it though

Googling them turned up a sketchy looking Facebook page, I'ma hard pass, but thanks though.

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-19 13:31:44

At 9/18/17 01:57 PM, Phobotech wrote: Googling them turned up a sketchy looking Facebook page, I'ma hard pass, but thanks though.

..I take it you don't remember the FADED scandal from a few years ago.

shit, it's been 5 years already???

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to T-Shirt Websites: I Need Help! 2017-09-19 14:04:37

At 9/19/17 01:31 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 9/18/17 01:57 PM, Phobotech wrote: Googling them turned up a sketchy looking Facebook page, I'ma hard pass, but thanks though.
..I take it you don't remember the FADED scandal from a few years ago.

shit, it's been 5 years already???

Ohhhhhh, I remember that event, but never bothered to remember the name, rofl. Thanks for that

BBS Signature