00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm looking for animation help

736 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-04 21:42:41

Hello I'm looking for someone to help me with my animation. I need help with in-betweeing and editing.
Please no negative comments or responses. In the past I've had people leave negative comments but I thought I'd give it another try. If you don't wanna help then you don't have to. Just don't be rude and leave nasty comments. Thank you and have a good one.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-20 09:44:57

If you really stuck in animation and you really want some online help then i think you should read some blog about that.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-20 10:31:39

At 9/20/17 09:44 AM, AyusiRoy wrote: If you really stuck in animation and you really want some online help then i think you should read some blog about that.

Can you recommend one.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-20 13:29:41

At 9/4/17 09:42 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote: Hello I'm looking for someone to help me with my animation. I need help with in-betweeing and editing.
Please no negative comments or responses. In the past I've had people leave negative comments but I thought I'd give it another try. If you don't wanna help then you don't have to. Just don't be rude and leave nasty comments. Thank you and have a good one.

I take it you have Richard Williams' book "The Animator's Survivial Kit" (new edition with dvd preferred) and Preston Blair's "Cartoon Animation"? Those would cover everything you need to know about working with poses, keys, and tweening. "Character Animation Crash Course" by Eric Goldberg is pretty good too.

"The Animator's Survival Kit" ought to be available at your local library as well. It's really the bare minimum for any animator to have in his/her collection. Simple as that.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-20 16:32:04

At 9/20/17 10:31 AM, Enigmaproductions wrote:
At 9/20/17 09:44 AM, AyusiRoy wrote: If you really stuck in animation and you really want some online help then i think you should read some blog about that.
Can you recommend one.

https://www.mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8#9b9prkzi2fv2o

@hvanderwegen Yeah I've got all those I just need an assistant.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-22 01:55:08

At 9/21/17 03:11 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote: @hvanderwegen Yeah I've got all those I just need an assistant.

ah, okay - completely misunderstood your question. You need a grunt, then. Not sure if anyone would be willing to do that (for free) - it's not a lot of fun or motivating to work on someone else's inbetweens .

Alternatively, both Cacani and OpenToonz will do controlled vector-based inbetweening between drawings. You might want to investigate that possibility.

At 9/21/17 03:11 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote: @hvanderwegen Yeah I've got all those I just need an assistant.

I will see if I can do in-between quickly but don't expect professional work because I ain't getting paid to do this stuff.

I am going to do it quick because I don't want to waste my time on that stuff too I got other projects to work on I just need something different to work on until I can get back to work on my other stuff!!! also unless your project is using .fla then we are good to go I don't do no boomtoon nor moho shit anymore also it's intresting to see what someone's working on I could learn something from them so it's win, win! you get your animation done and I get to see how you animate!

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-22 22:36:29

ah, okay - completely misunderstood your question. You need a grunt, then. Not sure if anyone would be willing to do that (for free) - it's not a lot of fun or motivating to work on someone else's inbetweens .

Alternatively, both Cacani and OpenToonz will do controlled vector-based inbetweening between drawings. You might want to investigate that possibility.

Lol I don't like the term grunt. I've looked into opentoonz I still prefer flash. Mostly cuz I've used it longer.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-22 22:53:27

At 9/22/17 10:36 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote:

You don't need my service?!

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-22 23:57:32

don't reply to me lost interest in helping you with your animation I am better off completing my animation for Halloween Collab animation... sorry!

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-23 12:09:12

At 9/22/17 11:57 PM, cuteboy99 wrote: don't reply to me lost interest in helping you with your animation I am better off completing my animation for Halloween Collab animation... sorry!

Alright good luck with that.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-24 01:31:22

At 9/22/17 10:36 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote:

Lol I don't like the term grunt. I've looked into opentoonz I still prefer flash. Mostly cuz I've used it longer.

Nothing wrong with calling it as it is - animators use the term themselves to indicate the boring work of inbetweening - a job traditionally given to junior animators. A quick search on the web confirms the use of this word:
http://www.brianlemay.com/Pages/animationschool/animation/lipsyncbook/inbetweening.html

I am aware you are used to Flash - I mentioned Cacani and OpenToonz, because both have good automatic inbetweening (much better than Flash) that may save you a lot of time - taking out the 'grunt' out of animating (up to a point).

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-24 08:40:33

Nothing wrong with calling it as it is - animators use the term themselves to indicate the boring work of inbetweening - a job traditionally given to junior animators. A quick search on the web confirms the use of this word:
http://www.brianlemay.com/Pages/animationschool/animation/lipsyncbook/inbetweening.html

I am aware you are used to Flash - I mentioned Cacani and OpenToonz, because both have good automatic inbetweening (much better than Flash) that may save you a lot of time - taking out the 'grunt' out of animating (up to a point).

Thanks but I'm gonna stick to flash and listen if you're not gonna offer help then just leave I'm sick and tired of your "help"

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-29 16:04:47

I don't recommend this thread, lack of communication really cut it off for me

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-09-30 11:10:21

At 9/29/17 04:04 PM, PungentGallery wrote: I don't recommend this thread, lack of communication really cut it off for me

I don't even know who you are and that's messed up how are u gonna tell other people not to come here. I have a full time job I'd love to have an open line of communication ok. I'm not 17 years old I'm not in highschool or college I finished school a long time ago buddy.

From my experience here, it seems people always want to be paid if given inbetweening jobs.
I'm also currently working on an animation (hand-drawn + ToonBoom Harmony), and I understand the pains of inbetweening.

Nice to meet you, btw! I'm new to NG and wanted to connect with other aspiring animators.
I'm not a versatile illustrator yet, so I may not be able to do inbetweens for you now, but maybe in the future when it's not a big task for me.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-10-01 21:49:26

Thanks @rsonbie456 :) I wanna eventually learn Toonboom too.

Response to I'm looking for animation help 2017-10-02 00:23:47

At 10/1/17 09:49 PM, Enigmaproductions wrote: Thanks @rsonbie456 :) I wanna eventually learn Toonboom too.

I was struggling to decide between Adobe Creative Cloud vs ToonBoom Harmony, but I just ended with ToonBoom due to wanting to try something new. It's also because some of my favorite cartoons were animated using ToonBoom.

I actually used Flash before, so I should be okay with that, too. Flash is definitely more intuitive.
I'm mainly using ToonBoom as a tool to scan + piece each frame together.