00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kid Rock and Campaign Finance laws

324 Views | 0 Replies

Interesting story cropped up on Yahoo today. Long story short, a left leaning watchdog group is calling out Kid Rock for running for office without registering to do so yet. I'm assuming this is a legal issue because any fundraising he could be doing wouldn't legally be regulated, which could give him an unfair advantage when the time comes to register. I don't know, though, so members with more legal experience on these matters may want to weigh in on it.

Rather than harp on Kid Rock (which would be easy - he's not a good fit for government), I want to take this in a different direction. If candidates are dog whistling and sending signals that they plan on running, could someone call them out on it in a similar manner? HRC back in early 2015 comes to mind, for example, implying she planned on running without explicitly stating such, along with Kamala Harris nowadays; they seem to have had a large group of people pushing for them running, so wouldn't that also cause similar concerns as far as campaign corruption prior to officially running for office?

Not intentionally bashing centrist Democrat candidates, those were just the first two to come to mind.

How would you get around this sort of legal loophole? The bounds for this sort of law seem fuzzy and indefinite. Any thoughts on this particular law, and whether politicians have been trying to work around it for years with book deals, paid speeches and such? Just some non-Trump political food for thought for y'all.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.