Be a Supporter!
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Sushi 2017-08-06 17:24:40 Reply

Do you eat Sushi? If so, what rolls do you like?

Do you hate sushi? If so, do you eat any kind of Chinese food etc?

Here's my lunch from today, Philadelphia roll.

Sushi

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
RightTime
RightTime
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Writer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 17:33:14 Reply

I do eat sushi, so long as I know that it is very fresh. That means that most super market or convenience store sushi is off the table. Ideally I like to see sushi made in front of me, so that I know the fish it came from and can judge if there is a fishy smell or not. As for the type of sushi I like I'm a big fan of unagi or eel and tako or octopus sushi. I like the typical tuna, shrimp, salmon, and yellow tail too but I've had so much of it over the years that its just not that interesting anymore.

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 17:41:06 Reply

At 8/6/17 05:33 PM, RightTime wrote: I do eat sushi, so long as I know that it is very fresh. That means that most super market or convenience store sushi is off the table. Ideally I like to see sushi made in front of me, so that I know the fish it came from and can judge if there is a fishy smell or not. As for the type of sushi I like I'm a big fan of unagi or eel and tako or octopus sushi. I like the typical tuna, shrimp, salmon, and yellow tail too but I've had so much of it over the years that its just not that interesting anymore.

Agreed, I only go to sushi restaurants to get mine. You can watch them prepare it. I like salmon and tuna a lot. I like unagi. I don't like the rolls that are HUGE, where your mouth is just full of fish. I'll eat california rolls and cucumber rolls too.

Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 17:44:48 Reply

It's one of my favourite foods, but I don't ever really order rolls anymore. I will always go for nigiri. Unagi is easily my favourite.


BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 18:44:21 Reply

At 8/6/17 05:44 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: It's one of my favourite foods, but I don't ever really order rolls anymore. I will always go for nigiri. Unagi is easily my favourite.

I like all of it, I get something different every time .

Do you guys use the wasabi? I've been told it's actually not even really wasabi. It's horseradish paste.

cast
cast
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 18:53:45 Reply

At 8/6/17 05:24 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Do you eat Sushi? If so, what rolls do you like?

Do you hate sushi? If so, do you eat any kind of Chinese food etc?

Here's my lunch from today, Philadelphia roll.

I had this a few hours ago.

Love me a Las Vegas roll too.


BBS Signature
cast
cast
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 18:54:57 Reply

At 8/6/17 06:44 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

Do you guys use the wasabi? I've been told it's actually not even really wasabi. It's horseradish paste.

I always mix the wasabi up into the soy sauce and dip.


BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 19:11:53 Reply

At 8/6/17 05:24 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Do you eat Sushi?

yes, why do you ask ?

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 19:12:17 Reply

At 8/6/17 06:54 PM, cast wrote:
At 8/6/17 06:44 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

Do you guys use the wasabi? I've been told it's actually not even really wasabi. It's horseradish paste.
I always mix the wasabi up into the soy sauce and dip.

you're not supposed to use the soy sauce unless the sushi are bad

SamPercy
SamPercy
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 19:12:53 (edited 2017-08-06 19:15:26) Reply

Looks delicious, heres a sushi video (Okay, its actually sashimi, but I like the rice balls too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km-x0dNKFI0&lc=z22jhfpanlqkilt1vacdp431tl50ty1wfcudszswrjhw03c010c


.

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 19:34:49 Reply

At 8/6/17 06:53 PM, cast wrote:
I had this a few hours ago.

Love me a Las Vegas roll too.

Did you eat a Philadelphia roll?

At 8/6/17 06:54 PM, cast wrote:
I always mix the wasabi up into the soy sauce and dip.

I'd heard what @Loki said, that you aren't supposed to use the soy sauce on good sushi.

But I'm totally guilty. I also mix the green paste into the soy sauce and dip.

At 8/6/17 07:12 PM, SamPercy wrote: Looks delicious, heres a sushi video (Okay, its actually sashimi, but I like the rice balls too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km-x0dNKFI0&lc=z22jhfpanlqkilt1vacdp431tl50ty1wfcudszswrjhw03c010c

I couldn't eat that one, because it looks like a fish. If they'd put it on a plate, then I could.

SamPercy
SamPercy
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 20:58:00 Reply

At 8/6/17 07:34 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I couldn't eat that one, because it looks like a fish. If they'd put it on a plate, then I could.

Oh yeah, that was the queasiest part of it, but the actual cuts of meat by themselves look really appetising, some soy sauce

Its a very Roman orgy sought of thing, having brightly coloured tropical fish on the plate while you're eating


.

SamPercy
SamPercy
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 20:58:49 Reply

At 8/6/17 07:34 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I couldn't eat that one, because it looks like a fish. If they'd put it on a plate, then I could.

Oh yeah, that was the queasiest part of it, but the actual cuts of meat by themselves look really appetising, some soy sauce

Its a very Roman orgy sought of thing, having brightly coloured tropical fish on the plate while you're eating, but I prefer just sticking to the edible food than the decoration


.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 21:24:17 Reply

California sushi, salmon sushi


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
bOOMstIck
bOOMstIck
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 22:13:26 Reply

yeah, I like going for Sea Urchin. shit is good, but expensive.

Lobster rolls are my go to, plus wasabi and pickled ginger are dope.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
MykeiXWolfe
MykeiXWolfe
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 22:24:05 Reply

Raw fish is a great way to get salmonella.


Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-06 23:53:34 Reply

At 8/6/17 09:24 PM, NekoMika wrote: California sushi, salmon sushi

California roll was the first sushi I ever ate.

At 8/6/17 10:13 PM, Zeppeli wrote:
Lobster rolls are my go to, plus wasabi and pickled ginger are dope.

I try eating the pickled ginger and just can't. Very strong taste.

At 8/6/17 10:24 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: Raw fish is a great way to get salmonella.

I also eat my eggs poached.

I'm on limited time.

DarkRoxy
DarkRoxy
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 01:33:19 Reply

At 8/6/17 10:24 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: Raw fish is a great way to get salmonella.

stop being a pussy


BBS Signature
Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 03:35:51 Reply

I just ate sushi like 2 hours ago, so this is interesting timing. 0: I like sushi, but I love tuna and salmon sashimi even more. It's so smooth and refreshing, I could eat that stuff forever.

axehandle-stain
axehandle-stain
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 04:41:03 Reply

Escolar is pretty buttery, but too much is supposed to give you a case of Pablo's Revenge.

Big-Boss
Big-Boss
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Writer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 05:49:44 Reply

I love sushi, but I don't know what the names are of the ones I like. I'd have to point them out to you in a restaurant and hope that you would know the names of them.


It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 08:57:18 Reply

At 8/7/17 12:04 AM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 8/6/17 05:24 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Here's my lunch from today, Philadelphia roll.
i am ideologically opposed to the idea of cream cheese or avocado in my sushi rolls

Oh I doubt they use either in legit sushi in Japan. But I love cream cheese and I love avocado. SHAME. SHAME ON ME AND ALL MY COWS.

at the same time though i ordered nigiri (fish draped over a tiny bit of rice) from a sushi place a few days ago mistaking it for onigiri (a rice ball with some shit inside it) so i'm just as much of a "baka gaijin" as the next guy. also i've spoken to a japanese person that wasn't serving me food maybe once in my entire life. so i'm just being a snob

Is nigiri the one that can kill you if not prepared properly, or is that a myth?

At 8/7/17 01:33 AM, MistyWaterflower wrote:
At 8/6/17 10:24 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: Raw fish is a great way to get salmonella.
stop being a pussy

That made me legit laugh out loud. Now my coworkers want to know what's funny, and I can't tell them
THANKS.

At 8/7/17 03:35 AM, Oddlem wrote: I just ate sushi like 2 hours ago, so this is interesting timing. 0: I like sushi, but I love tuna and salmon sashimi even more. It's so smooth and refreshing, I could eat that stuff forever.

I like seared ahi tuna, but that may not even be a legit thing. Might be a made up American dish.

At 8/7/17 04:41 AM, axehandle-stain wrote: Escolar is pretty buttery, but too much is supposed to give you a case of Pablo's Revenge.

I googled that, and I think I've had that. The sushi, not pablo's revenge.

At 8/7/17 05:49 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I love sushi, but I don't know what the names are of the ones I like. I'd have to point them out to you in a restaurant and hope that you would know the names of them.

I don't know all of them, I don't know all the types of fish.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 10:06:41 Reply

Oh man, I love sushi.

There's just something about having raw fish and cream cheese in my mouth at the same time.

I love that fancy gas station sushi, the kind that comes in the little plastic sharps container. Super convenient to have a place to dump dirty needles after a little lunch.

You can always tell the best sushi in the gas station by the condensation on the lid: the more the better. Those are distilled fish vapors; don't waste them. I love to open a fresh container from the local Speedy Mart and just get a blast of that good fishy smell wafting towards me. If I'm really lucky, I can get some "accidental" Kusaya.


My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 10:31:21 Reply

I prefer sashimi myself, especially salmon.

I've also been learning some eastern steamed dishes such as different buns and steamed eggs. I'm planning on learn to cook good ramen starting in the fall.

Just a quick note, if any of you eat your sushi or sashimi "cooked", you are an abomination against the gods.

Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 10:36:12 Reply

its alright i guess...


BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 11:13:36 Reply

At 8/7/17 09:52 AM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 8/7/17 08:57 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Is nigiri the one that can kill you if not prepared properly, or is that a myth?
that's pufferfish, and it is definitely not a myth that you will die if you eat improperly made pufferfish

Gotcha! Have you ever eaten it?

At 8/7/17 10:06 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: I love that fancy gas station sushi, the kind that comes in the little plastic sharps container. Super convenient to have a place to dump dirty needles after a little lunch.

I keep seeing post about gas station sushi. None of my gas stations have it! Yall must have some upper class rich gas stations around you. All I can get at my local hilbilly gas stations are decongestants.

At 8/7/17 10:31 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I prefer sashimi myself, especially salmon.

I've also been learning some eastern steamed dishes such as different buns and steamed eggs. I'm planning on learn to cook good ramen starting in the fall.

I've also been working on different ramen recipes. I love ramen.

At 8/7/17 10:36 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: its alright i guess...

Any you won't eat?

Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 11:15:11 Reply

At 8/7/17 11:13 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/7/17 10:36 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: its alright i guess...
Any you won't eat?

ill try anything once...


BBS Signature
SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 12:20:23 Reply

At 8/7/17 11:51 AM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 8/7/17 11:13 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Gotcha! Have you ever eaten it?
lol nope. i am not much of a thrill seeker

I guess if you got it from a gas station like FUNK suggested, then you're really living on the edge.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sushi 2017-08-07 14:35:56 Reply

At 8/7/17 12:20 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/7/17 11:51 AM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 8/7/17 11:13 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Gotcha! Have you ever eaten it?
lol nope. i am not much of a thrill seeker
I guess if you got it from a gas station like FUNK suggested, then you're really living on the edge.

I never even considered eating clams or mussels until I saw some with green stuff hanging out of them on an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Then I thought to myself "Did I come to this casino to gamble, or just lose money?"

stupignorance isn't just a portmanteau, it's also a way of life.

My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.
HATE.
Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature