00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Low stage quality export?

406 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Low stage quality export? 2017-07-30 15:00:36

So, whenever I animate in flash (actually I animate cc but whatever) I set the stage quality to "low". I really like the look of the pixelated lines over smooth vectors, and want them to look that way when I export the final product.

Problem is, I have no idea how. Flash seems to automatically antialias my animation.

Usually, I would export as an swf and use Swivel to convert it, but I'll try anything. HELP... please.

Response to Low stage quality export? 2017-07-30 21:34:42

At 7/30/17 03:00 PM, chickennuggetstyle wrote: So, whenever I animate in flash (actually I animate cc but whatever) I set the stage quality to "low". I really like the look of the pixelated lines over smooth vectors, and want them to look that way when I export the final product.

Problem is, I have no idea how. Flash seems to automatically antialias my animation.

Usually, I would export as an swf and use Swivel to convert it, but I'll try anything. HELP... please.

In older versions you export to an image sequence or a GIF animation, and in the export options uncheck "Smooth".

In the newer versions the unchecking smooth option doesn't work for PNG anymore - it is a known bug. Only GIF anim export works. If your movie has less than 256 colours, it ought to work quite well.

Response to Low stage quality export? 2017-08-02 11:51:14

There is option to export as lower anti-alias. You could run it through After Effects and get the effects there (the .swf I mean). Or even screen record the .swf if you really like that style. Should be a good option if you are able to capture it 1:1.

At 7/30/17 03:00 PM, chickennuggetstyle wrote: So, whenever I animate in flash (actually I animate cc but whatever) I set the stage quality to "low". I really like the look of the pixelated lines over smooth vectors, and want them to look that way when I export the final product.

BBS Signature