00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What cult were you raised in?

1,235 Views | 21 Replies

What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 12:29:25

Sane people don't have kids.

They just don't.

Most people you meet were "accidents," where drugs and/or alcohol were involved. However, most intentional pregnancies are had by people in....

...cults.

Catholicism is a perfect example, and widespread. Even "oops" parents generally find a cult to help guide them through the process of becoming a parent after the fact

I was raised by Pentecostal cultists, the babbling in tongues, dancing around in the spirit, anointing with oil, being "slain" in the spirit, laying on of hands, foot washing, the whole nine. I was raised to believe in factual demonic possession being a major scourge of the third world, and my money was desperately needed to save the demon possessed tribesmen of the Amazon.

I mean, it's not true, but it was the narrative I was presented with as "truth" as a child, and it's pretty powerfully effected by development despite being seriously insane cultic worship.

So, what cult were you raised in?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 13:03:39

At 7/24/17 12:55 PM, Hoodie wrote: Just regular Catholicism for me,

For me too, before I forsook it for @Satan.

my dick is cut and everything

Mine isn't. WTF?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 13:40:13

At 7/24/17 12:29 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
So, what cult were you raised in?

The cult of Newgrounds

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 14:10:36

Post-Baalistic traditionalism along with Tannaitic reformations.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 15:50:12

At 7/24/17 02:24 PM, Sekhem wrote:
she never forced me into anything except annoying new age music like enigma, deep forest, and enya constantly

I just want you know that this was abuse, and the sense of shame and guilt you may be experiencing is not your fault, but was inflicted on you by an abuser.

What you've experienced is not who you are; merely a piece of your past.

Eventually, you will be able to wash the smell of patchoulie and sage out of your clothes, and go on to be a functional adult as if none of this has ever happened.

BBS Signature

At 7/24/17 01:03 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 7/24/17 12:55 PM, Hoodie wrote: Just regular Catholicism for me,
For me too, before I forsook it for @Satan.

my dick is cut and everything
Mine isn't. WTF?

so you were not circumsised? Also i was raised in africa so of course i went to church but i never really believed in @god

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 17:32:25

My upbringing was interesting. My father pretty much dropped all responsibilities and ran off to become a devout Baptist while my mother gave my sister and I a well rounded look at the religions in the area. We tried Methodist, Nazarene and a few other minor off shoots, we both spent a year in Catholic school but in the long run we didn't have a true denomination.

None of the big religions stuck with us but we do have a philosophy that we spread to others called DBAA which is short for "Don't be an ass(hole)"
Following is simple. Be kind to others without bragging about it and don't go looking for vindication against those that have wronged you.
There's no set hours for worship and no book to follow. Places of worship can be your own home, the parking lot at lowes or anywhere you have an opprotunity to be an asshole but don't.

Need some tips? Follow these simple abbreviations!
WAADS- Would an asshole do this?- If they would, don't do it.
TWAKA-Treat with abundant kindness anyways- Not all people follow DBAA which is alright. They might just be off the good path and trying things the asshole way. It is always wise to treat them with kindness anyways for they know there is always time to make the wrongs right.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 18:05:24

My family used to make me go to a catholic church, but lucky they weren't that religious at all. My father actually disliked the priest and mainly went to do community oriented things; he would fall asleep during mass.

They weren't dogmatic about any of it either, it was more of just a go till you are old enough to be left home alone kind of thing.

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-24 18:18:53

Lutheran . It was pretty chill go to church hang out and eat food after we even had a little church fair it was fun.

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 01:50:47

I came to read the Bible from my father. First time I said no, he didn't push it. Later I came to read it on my own and form beliefs based on this book.

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 03:25:24

The cult of "we are shit scared nobody will remember us after we die".

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 09:59:07

Anybody in a sacrificing goats/chickens religion? I mean, Pentecostal is a short jump away from Santeria, at which point I might as well slide into full blown voodoo.

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 10:09:57

At 7/25/17 09:59 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Anybody in a sacrificing goats/chickens religion? I mean, Pentecostal is a short jump away from Santeria, at which point I might as well slide into full blown voodoo.

I'd sacrifice people, but law enforcement seems to have something against it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 10:43:12

At 7/24/17 12:55 PM, Hoodie wrote: my dick is cut and everything

I thought this was suppose to be a Jewish thing?

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-25 13:39:26

Atheist cult. The worst of them all. What about those people not believing in an omnipotent being that no one can see?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-27 13:35:21

wtf is it when one parent was christian and the other dabbled in satanism.
Imma just say those cancel eachother out

Don't bother getting mad at me. Im not important enough

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-27 13:59:36

None, my parents never gave a shit.

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-28 01:35:21

The Chronic Flatulaters

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-28 03:29:20

[ Link ]

Still <3 You.

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-28 09:47:39

At 7/28/17 03:29 AM, The-Great-One wrote: [ Link ]

Still <3 You.

You should have necrobumped it.

H8

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-28 10:36:44

Did someone already say Blue Oyster?

Blue Oyster Cult for 700 Trebek.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to What cult were you raised in? 2017-07-28 19:22:46

I was raised in the cult of Dysfunction. The largest existing and currently active cult in our nation and possibly our planet. There is no base of operations nor a leader, it is simply an ideology that takes hold to many new subscribers with loose interpretation, all with a general commonality of "You're too young, you won't understand" or "Dad said I'm the man of the house". There is no real direction or guidance or even lessons of hope at all, we are left merely to fend for ourselves.

TL;DR - Alcoholism, hatred and infidelity.