00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Building a team for web series

803 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Building a team for web series 2017-07-20 23:08:53

Hey there! Bit shamed to say this is my first interaction on this site, but hopefully I'm building a future.

I am currently in co-production of an animated series, and would love to create a team of artists to help produce this project. I have experience is starting up projects independently (casting voice actors, animating the project solo), but however I realize I just cant do it alone.
Keep in mind this is not professional grade, but the passion for making this look professional grade is there.

Before I get into specifics, here's what the project features.

Samara and Kai, two independent film-makers have just moved to a large city in hopes of starting up production of their 'magnum opus' Hue, a movie idea they have been working on since they got an A+ on a writing assignment as kids. However, there is a reason the city they moved to is a hub for creative talent, and its rather surprising. A subconscious city called the Canvas visited by the creative people in the real world unites the city and fuels their creative ideas when they are awake.

The story is a relatable take on the highs and lows of creators, as well as having fantasy undertones that challenges our main characters.

Both of these characters have been casted for voice actors, and my current voice actor Pasty-le-Baker is assisting me with writing. However, as this series will be show casing the lives of animators/fim-makers/ and all around creative people and their struggles, the writing has to be somewhat (well it is a cartoon) a real life representation!

Currently this is the help I'm looking for:

-Writers
-Lineartists
-Colorists
-Background artists
-Musician/sound designers
-Editors(?)
(subject to change)

There is currently no funding on this project, as this is completely independent. However, no payment, I would fund out of pocket your personal work in anyway I can as a thank you for your involvement. :>

I'm currently doing storyboards, directing, and rough animations solo.

If you are interested, I'd love to know howd you be willing to help!

Thank you, Mossy
Mossystars@gmail.com

My Deviant
Youtube

For interested writers- 1st episode script

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 01:23:24

Hi Mossystars,

What type of backgrounds you are after if i have some time on the side I'll see if i can help out on this project.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 03:51:02

At 7/21/17 01:23 AM, Wondermeow wrote: Hi Mossystars,

What type of backgrounds you are after if i have some time on the side I'll see if i can help out on this project.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

Thanks so much for being interested! Currently looking for some concept sketches for a couple scenes. Many of my shots are featured in and outside of an apartment, which I have the basic layout for. Let me know if you'd be interested in reviewing my storyboards for further info :>

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 04:15:36

Sure just send a link I'll have a look at it and let you know.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 05:25:25

Hey Mossy,

This sounds like a really cool idea. I write music and have written for animation before. Have a look at my showreel and see what you think.

The password is: showreel2017

https://vimeo.com/209744544

All the best,

Ed

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 07:11:15

This sounds amazing. What kind of music are you looking for?

I also do sound design.

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 12:35:49

At 7/21/17 07:11 AM, D-Docolocolous wrote: This sounds amazing. What kind of music are you looking for?

I also do sound design.

Hey thanks for being interested! Currently looking for some music I could use for a couple scenes, but for now the most important one is when the main characters are entering the Canvas. Below I attached the animatic for the scene, and some audio cues.

Scene is one of awe and realization. These characters are being introduced to something they haven't seen before.

-Music should be quiet yet ominous, soft chords. (0:03-0:19)
-When characters both see the city, music rises into something less ominousness but comforting (0:20-0:33)
-Traffic noise start getting louder and then music fades into dissonant chords. (0:34-0:46)

Something sounding a bit like this?:
Reference

Heres the animatic: Introduction to the Canvas scene

Not sure if this is enough info, please let me know if I should provide some more!

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 12:38:04

At 7/21/17 05:25 AM, Nedwin04 wrote: Hey Mossy,

This sounds like a really cool idea. I write music and have written for animation before. Have a look at my showreel and see what you think.

The password is: showreel2017

https://vimeo.com/209744544

All the best,

Ed

Hey Ed, thank you for being interested. Currently looking for some music I could use for a couple scenes, but for now the most important one is when the main characters are entering the Canvas. Below I attached the animatic for the scene, and some audio cues.

Scene is one of awe and realization. These characters are being introduced to something they haven't seen before.

-Music should be quiet yet ominous, soft chords. (0:03-0:19)
-When characters both see the city, music rises into something less ominousness but comforting (0:20-0:33)
-Traffic noise start getting louder and then music fades into dissonant chords. (0:34-0:46)

Something sounding a bit like this?:
Reference

Heres the animatic: Introduction to the Canvas scene

Not sure if this is enough info, please let me know if I should provide some more!

Thanks again, Mossy

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 14:09:22

At 7/21/17 04:15 AM, Wondermeow wrote: Sure just send a link I'll have a look at it and let you know.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

This is one of the animatics for one of the more background heavy scenes:
Stairwell scene animatic

Reference
Reference
Reference

If your still interested let me know!

Thanks, Mossy

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 14:44:20

No, thats amazing. I'll make you a demo when I can and see what I can do about traffic sounds.

Can you let me see any concept art you have so I can hopefully hit the tone right?

Actually, out of total coincidence I made this track today. It might be a bit dramatic for what you want but your cues reminded me of it.

Edit: bad upload
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-docherty-music/filmgame-music-big-reveal

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-21 18:35:59

At 7/21/17 03:31 PM, D-Docolocolous wrote: Actually, out of total coincidence I made this track today. It might be a bit dramatic for what you want but your cues reminded me of it.

Edit: bad upload
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-docherty-music/filmgame-music-big-reveal

That track is absolutely gorgeous wow, it would definitely work! If you can, I'd love to hear a rendition of this track with the audio cues I gave (bit softer, maybe slower, (tempo speeds up maybe toward he end?) the rise and the traffic noises).

Thank you so much for you help, glad to have help from you!
Ps. Bit of concept design for the Canvas once they reach the city!

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-22 08:46:34

Hey Mossy,

Here's my take on your canvas scene, password is: canvas

https://vimeo.com/226554234

I noticed your artwork there; I also play Saxophone professionally and have the recording equipment so could record you some Sax for the animation too.

Hope you like it,

All the best,

Ed

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-22 14:20:44

I can see what i can do but i can't work on this immediately due to other projects i'm currently working on, if you have a deadline may be difficult to meet.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

At 7/21/17 02:09 PM, Mossystars wrote:
At 7/21/17 04:15 AM, Wondermeow wrote: Sure just send a link I'll have a look at it and let you know.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow
This is one of the animatics for one of the more background heavy scenes:
Stairwell scene animatic

Reference
Reference
Reference

If your still interested let me know!

Thanks, Mossy

BBS Signature

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-24 20:03:00

Hi!

I'm interested in writing for your project and would love to join your team. I have little to somewhat of an experience in writing for multimedia projects, but I am willing to not be paid as long as I get some experience and credit to it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Patrick

P.S. I've read the 1st episode script. Good concept, but still needs some between-scenes content.

Response to Building a team for web series 2017-07-26 04:23:38

Thanks for everyone interested in helping me out! All I need is anyone willing to help with animation.