00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Grumps animations

371 Views | 7 Replies

Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 18:45:55

Is there some kind of law where EVERY fucking web animator has to do one of these ? If you ask me I think its a waste of time and animation that could be used to make better cartoons.

What do you think?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 18:51:52

there's 2 era's of internet animation
Pre-Grumps
and Post-Grumps

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 18:58:25

I really don't care.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 19:50:21

There are lots of very talented animators out there and aside from the fact that they rarely get the number of views they deserve for the amount of work they put into even a rudimentary animation it's increasingly hard to get your content to stand out in the crowd. All they're doing is making something they know can get them some attention that they can hopefully divert to their more original works. Can't really blame them for that. It's the same reason a lot of animators lean into pop-culture parodies, there's already a base of people who are looking for that type of content.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 22:07:03

At 7/18/17 06:45 PM, Wegra wrote: Is there some kind of law where EVERY fucking web animator has to do one of these ? If you ask me I think its a waste of time and animation that could be used to make better cartoons.

What do you think?

Coming from an animator:

1. Having already done [entertaining] audio saves A LOT of time.
2. "Game Grumps" in title gets views.
3. Pure love and fandom for The Grumps.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-18 23:43:57 (edited 2017-07-18 23:44:48)

As someone who used to only do collab parts, I think the fact that it's a pre-existing idea makes it a lot easier to animate to. You don't really have to think of your own idea, you just animate what's already there.
Plus like other people mentioned: Views and the fandom

Also this was more of a fad in the 2013-2015 era. How did you only now start to notice?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-19 05:08:57

why are you coming down on such a harmless, good-natured thing? the grumps are paying these animators, so no, it's not a waste of time.

i could go on, but instead i'll ask you what the fuck your problem is

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Game Grumps animations 2017-07-19 05:43:55

Well when you look into what's in an animation, I always thought there was the animation itself and the audio. Seeing as the audio is already there and Game Grumps has millions of followers, it seems like a pretty good idea to tag your animation along with their stuff.

People do it with Sleepycabin, people have done it with other podcasts like the one that TotalBiscuit has, it's convenience to not have to record audio and a bit of exposure at the same time.

Although I agree with you, as the consumer it does get a bit tiring but if you feel that way, I'd recommend checking out PaperbagAnimator's one, it uses the audio to tell a completely different story than what actually goes on. Check it out