00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What art skills do i need to learn

374 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys,

If I want to draw like the image. What skills would I need to learn (like composition and stuff).

What art skills do i need to learn

Perspective.

The perspective in this image is also a bit wonky...

Response to What art skills do i need to learn 2017-07-12 15:17:24

At 7/12/17 02:31 PM, Cairos wrote: Perspective.

The perspective in this image is also a bit wonky...

How so? Thx for the reply

Response to What art skills do i need to learn 2017-07-12 15:39:47

You might want to just learn the basic fundamentals for now, since perspective is hard to understand without knowing how things work in a 3D space. Imagine it like this: You want to take calculus, but you only know Algebra 1. So in order to get to that class, you'd have to take Geometry, then Algebra 2, and then Precalculus before you get there.

I'd suggest googling "fundamentals of art" and picking off things you'd want to learn from that list. It might seem boring, but it'll help you greatly in the future.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to What art skills do i need to learn 2017-07-12 15:44:28

-Learn color theory, figure out what colors go together and what colors don't.
-perspective.
-texture, figure out how things like the metal on the wall and the polished floor reflect light
-there are some effects going on in this pic, learn your way around the tools in whatever programs you're using.
-when you have a lot of things emitting light such as in this pic, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR LIGHTING AND SHADING, its ok to go back and adjust the shading on a certain area. Inconsistent lighting does not look very good at all.

Response to What art skills do i need to learn 2017-07-13 03:47:55

Thank you so much (you just earned a fan)