00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project

1,381 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Yeah, you might guess this is too early to post this, but just in case. . .

*ahem* Hello, fellow NewGrounds musicians!
I'm really excited to present my new small project, in preparing for Christmas season, 2017.
It's going to be a project of creating our very own Christmas Carol!

I will be doing all after you join this project so it will be really easy for you.

I'm now going to submit only 4 Christmas carol songs plainly composed by YOU.
No re-arrangements, remix, or anything else. It has to be only made by YOU.

These selected 4 carols will be arranged to an orchestra version and will post only on Newgrounds with you and your song as a credit.

I will be arranging your songs.

The submission will be ended at the last day of July.
The song will be posted at the week of Christmas Day.

If you are interested, please post your song.
You can just post your old song, or you can just make it from scratch. Anything is fine.
Whether it's Electronic, Jazz, EDM, you are welcomed. (But I'd prefer classical.)

If you have any questions, post here or PM me.

Thanks for having interest in our project.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 01:26:48

At 7/8/17 06:33 PM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Yeah, you might guess this is too early to post this, but just in case. . .

*ahem* Hello, fellow NewGrounds musicians!
I'm really excited to present my new small project, in preparing for Christmas season, 2017.
It's going to be a project of creating our very own Christmas Carol!

I will be doing all after you join this project so it will be really easy for you.

I'm now going to submit only 4 Christmas carol songs plainly composed by YOU.
No re-arrangements, remix, or anything else. It has to be only made by YOU.

These selected 4 carols will be arranged to an orchestra version and will post only on Newgrounds with you and your song as a credit.

I will be arranging your songs.

The submission will be ended at the last day of July.
The song will be posted at the week of Christmas Day.

If you are interested, please post your song.
You can just post your old song, or you can just make it from scratch. Anything is fine.
Whether it's Electronic, Jazz, EDM, you are welcomed. (But I'd prefer classical.)

If you have any questions, post here or PM me.

Thanks for having interest in our project.

This does sound pretty interesting, but with it already being a week into July it seems a little rushed to close the submissions at the end. That only gives people 3 weeks to create an entire song whilst going about their daily lives. I'm not going to tell you how to run things, but it seems like you should give until at least the end of August or September or something. Just a small suggestion, not trying to be rude or anything :)

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 01:51:12

At 7/9/17 01:26 AM, littlemisfortune wrote:

This does sound pretty interesting, but with it already being a week into July it seems a little rushed to close the
submissions at the end. That only gives people 3 weeks to create an entire song whilst going about their daily lives. I'm
not going to tell you how to run things, but it seems like you should give until at least the end of August or September or
something. Just a small suggestion, not trying to be rude or anything :)

Yeah, I guess. Thanks so much for the suggestion. It'll be enough to open up until the end of September.
Once again, I really appreciate your reply. Thank you!

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:30:06

Not a problem, friend!

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:36:52

You might also want to consult with the rules of NG and/or a moderator on posting someone else's song. I'd hate for you to get into trouble

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:37:19

Hm, if you do reopen it in September I'd gladly take inspiration from the medieval stuff. Looking forward to it.

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:43:13

At 7/9/17 02:36 AM, littlemisfortune wrote: You might also want to consult with the rules of NG and/or a moderator on posting someone else's song. I'd hate for you to get into trouble

I'm actually re-arranging the carol songs as a medley version, so no direct posting. Still, I'm going to familiarize myself with the rules.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:43:42

At 7/9/17 02:37 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hm, if you do reopen it in September I'd gladly take inspiration from the medieval stuff. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for having interest, Troisnyx :)

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:48:46

At 7/9/17 02:43 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote:
At 7/9/17 02:36 AM, littlemisfortune wrote: You might also want to consult with the rules of NG and/or a moderator on posting someone else's song. I'd hate for you to get into trouble
I'm actually re-arranging the carol songs as a medley version, so no direct posting. Still, I'm going to familiarize myself with the rules.

I also recommend making sure of what is alright to post with the mods. @edm364 is one I know can help you out

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:55:12

At 7/9/17 02:48 AM, littlemisfortune wrote:

I also recommend making sure of what is alright to post with the mods. @edm364 is one I know can help you out

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:55:48

At 7/9/17 02:43 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I'm actually re-arranging the carol songs as a medley version, so no direct posting. Still, I'm going to familiarize myself with the rules.

So what you're saying is, you'll compose the medley yourself based off of the originals, without cutting the mp3s, right? If this is the case, you could do this and use the vocal stems, I'm sure, but you'd have to credit and co-author everyone. It would not be kosher to make a mashup, outside of that.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 02:57:52

At 7/9/17 02:55 AM, EDM364 wrote:
At 7/9/17 02:43 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I'm actually re-arranging the carol songs as a medley version, so no direct posting. Still, I'm going to familiarize myself with the rules.
So what you're saying is, you'll compose the medley yourself based off of the originals, without cutting the mp3s, right? If this is the case, you could do this and use the vocal stems, I'm sure, but you'd have to credit and co-author everyone. It would not be kosher to make a mashup, outside of that.

No, not cutting the mp3, but I'll figure out the melodies and the chords myself and totally re-arrange into a new orchestral medley one. I'm not going to use the mp3 file, but only the song structures.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 03:02:55

At 7/9/17 02:57 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: No, not cutting the mp3, but I'll figure out the melodies and the chords myself and totally re-arrange into a new orchestral medley one. I'm not going to use the mp3 file, but only the song structures.

That should be totally fine.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 03:03:52

At 7/9/17 03:02 AM, EDM364 wrote:
At 7/9/17 02:57 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: No, not cutting the mp3, but I'll figure out the melodies and the chords myself and totally re-arrange into a new orchestral medley one. I'm not going to use the mp3 file, but only the song structures.
That should be totally fine.

Okay, got it. Thanks so much for the help :)

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 03:06:23

At 7/9/17 03:03 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Okay, got it. Thanks so much for the help :)

Any time. If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me or another mod a PM. :)

Also, what sorts of Christmas Carols are you looking for? Examples? Seems awfully specific!

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-07-09 03:19:40

At 7/9/17 03:06 AM, EDM364 wrote:
At 7/9/17 03:03 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Okay, got it. Thanks so much for the help :)
Any time. If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me or another mod a PM. :)

Also, what sorts of Christmas Carols are you looking for? Examples? Seems awfully specific!

Any type of Carol is fine, just wanting some Christmas mood music with melodies on them. I'd personally prefer the old classical carols (that'll make a bit easier for me to arrange), but I'll let the musicians be free with their own composing style.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-08-27 04:15:22

Still open until the end of September!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-08-27 09:29:54

At 8/27/17 04:15 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Still open until the end of September!

I'm down for it, I want to do a revisit of Gaudete, my favourite carol of all time. Also heavy on percussion, so it works out pretty well!

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-08-27 09:33:06

Welcome aboard, @Troisnyx! :D
Can't wait to hear your work, enjoy music making!

Jessie

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-01 17:47:13

3 slots left!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-02 02:46:39

Hey @etherealwinds @LucidShadowDreamer You guys want in?

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-02 09:47:11

At 9/2/17 02:46 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey @etherealwinds @LucidShadowDreamer You guys want in?

Hmm, it's fine to post an old song, right? I've composed an Xmas piece that I tend to remake every year. If you want to, you can use it for the project:

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-02 10:59:31

At 9/2/17 09:47 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Hmm, it's fine to post an old song, right? I've composed an Xmas piece that I tend to remake every year. If you want to, you can use it for the project:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/598680

@jessieyun0404, would you be able to medley this or would you need it done from scratch?

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-02 17:32:27

Old songs are fine for me, thanks for the song, @LucidShadowDreamer!

At 9/2/17 10:59 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
@jessieyun0404, would you be able to medley this or would you need it done from scratch?

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NewGrounds' Christmas Carol Project 2017-09-19 06:27:32

Waiting for more songs! Let's prepare for the greatest season in winter :D

~ Jessie

BBS Signature