00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Net Neturality

568 Views | 6 Replies

I decided to make this thread since last time I checked, no one else has yet, Not to mention this is probably the last thread I will ever make until I eventually permanently leave this place, so bye, I guess?

You might get pop ups on some apps and websites talking about net neturality and stuff starting June 12th. More info on this at https://www.battleforthenet.com.

If net neturality were actually to end hopefully not starting September 10th, how would it affect you?

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-06 02:12:03

How come when people decide to leave they constantly bring it up drop subtle little hints like "please notice me."

Either make a goodbye thread or just go.

Also, net neutrality is how places like this are able to exist "We're sorry but we don't provide service to Newgrounds or Reddit, please pay an additional 5$ to access these websites" would be the death of every place that wasn't big business.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-07 14:18:41

At 7/6/17 02:12 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: How come when people decide to leave they constantly bring it up drop subtle little hints like "please notice me."

Either make a goodbye thread or just go.

Also, net neutrality is how places like this are able to exist "We're sorry but we don't provide service to Newgrounds or Reddit, please pay an additional 5$ to access these websites" would be the death of every place that wasn't big business.

I'm not looking for attention at all actually, really I just want to say bye and be forgotten here.

OT: Pretty much. Probably would be the death of the population of the internet too.

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-08 22:19:25

At 7/8/17 02:07 PM, RightTime wrote: If you think you've acted badly you could just apologize and act better. You've only been here a year after all. Newgrounds isn't exactly the bastion of appropriate behavior and most people would forget after too long. I mean hell, have you looked at some of the early history for some of our longest serving members

This. I mean, has anyone seen my post history from '06? Christ. Half that's been deleted, and it's still cancer.

Also yeah, net neutrality is good. It is the most important thing that has allowed the modern internet to flourish. I'm not sure how much good this Battle for the Net campaign will do, but it's sure better than doing nothing.

Net neutrality is good for us, bad for corporations. Means they can't just force the little guy out of the way. What they don't realize is, if this happens, eventually, people will just stop using the internet and make their own way, once they figure out they're being taken advantage of.

The battleforthenet campaign is an old one. I can't remember how many times I've seen it. I'm pretty sure it's better than the alternative of ignoring it, though.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-09 11:41:59 (edited 2017-07-09 11:42:12)

At 7/8/17 02:07 PM, RightTime wrote: If you think you've acted badly you could just apologize and act better. You've only been here a year after all.

Good point. Maybe I shouldn't leave.

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-09 17:09:24

At 7/5/17 11:52 PM, troPSDNUORGWEN wrote: I decided to make this thread since last time I checked, no one else has yet

Good one.

Net Neturality

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neturality 2017-07-09 20:23:59

At 7/9/17 05:09 PM, Chat-man wrote: Good one.

To be fair, the last post on that list was in 2015, which was, like, centuries (maybe even decades) ago. Once a thread hits page two, it's gone forever. And ever. And possibly even longer than that.