00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[NSFW][HTML]Inheritance

1,177 Views | 6 Replies

[NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 14:27:48

Inheritance is a text based game where the protagonist inherits a mansion, along with two slave girls who have obviously been mistreated. Its up to you if you want to take your great uncle's place as their harsh master, or if you want to give them a better life.

The current public build includes about 20k words of content, including a full intro and the ability to explore the mansion the protagonist inherits. You can find the public version here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/11240161

The current Patreon version includes about 150 ambient events and a functioning wait function. You can find the Patreon version here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/12235830

The game has been in development for about seven months now. It does not currently have a release schedule on the grounds that we're still trying to finalize many of the mechanical aspects of the game, however the last couple of test builds have come out about 6 weeks apart. If you're concerned about the game not being in a regular release schedule yet, then I encourage you to try the free public version and simply follow my Patreon rather than pledge until you are ready to do so. However if you have it in your heart to pledge, the game The Allure of Wanton Cove is in a regular release schedule at this time, and you can check out the Patreon page to see that not only have I been active for several months, but that I both regularly post progress for the fans of my project, and release regular builds of my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this post, and I hope you both take the time to check out the game and that you enjoy it.

[NSFW][HTML]Inheritance

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 14:39:40

Inheritance is impossible in HTML. Try re-writing it in an object-oriented language.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 16:06:43

At 6/28/17 02:39 PM, Kwing wrote: Inheritance is impossible in HTML. Try re-writing it in an object-oriented language.

You would be amazed how often I've heard someone tell me something is not possible in HTML, only to discover that doing it is actually not that difficult. You can do some really amazing things with the Twine game engine if you know what you're doing.

I have a really great group of people helping put the game together, and mechanically, its using a lot of what we've learned from the creation of The Allure of Wanton Cove. Rest assured, everything we have planned for the game can be accomplished within HTML, I have full faith in the incredibly talented coders who are helping with this project.

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 16:08:47

At 6/28/17 02:30 PM, Sekhem wrote: what's the cheat to get all the girls naked

Currently, there is none. Once the clothing system is finalized (Actually got it written mechanically, just need to adapt it from another project for this one) you'll be able to dress, or undress, them in any way you see fit, . . . . but your treatment of them WILL affect how they feel about you, so making them run around naked if they don't like you will have an adverse effect on how they feel about you.

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 16:16:10

At 6/28/17 04:06 PM, GateKeeper164 wrote:
At 6/28/17 02:39 PM, Kwing wrote: Inheritance is impossible in HTML. Try re-writing it in an object-oriented language.
You would be amazed how often I've heard someone tell me something is not possible in HTML, only to discover that doing it is actually not that difficult. You can do some really amazing things with the Twine game engine if you know what you're doing.

It seems that Kwing's joke went completely over your head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inheritance_(object-oriented_programming)

It's literally impossible in HTML because HTML is not even a programming language. It's a markup language. The frameworks you're referring to are for generating HTML documents with embedded javascript doing most of the heavy lifting.

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-06-28 16:46:52 (edited 2017-06-28 16:47:17)

At 6/28/17 04:16 PM, Dre wrote:
At 6/28/17 04:06 PM, GateKeeper164 wrote:
It seems that Kwing's joke went completely over your head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inheritance_(object-oriented_programming)

It's literally impossible in HTML because HTML is not even a programming language. It's a markup language. The frameworks you're referring to are for generating HTML documents with embedded javascript doing most of the heavy lifting.

Yep, missed the joke completely. Oh well, if this is the only time I make a fool of myself today, I'll be doing ok. :P

Twine is a game engine that basically makes it easier for armature game makers to create something, but with a little bit of javascript you can do some truly amazing things with it.

Response to [NSFW][HTML]Inheritance 2017-10-05 13:41:39

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate. With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you dont know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them? Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure? Do you treat them like servants? Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

This game has two versions, a Patreon build, and a Public build. The public build is one version behind the Patreon version.

The game has been in development behind the scenes since December of this last year while we have worked on it a little bit at a time. It is now entering a more active stage of development and we hope to start making regular releases to the game very soon.

Hope that you all enjoy the new build!

The Patreon Version can be found here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/14721178

The Public (Free) Version can be found here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/14721168

NOTE: This is just one of two projects being worked on by my team right now, a small pledge allows you access to both projects. The other project is seeing a regular release, every two to three weeks a new build comes out.