TheQuietGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-11 15:34:05 Reply

Disney's Aladdin

Favorite snes title?

"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads." - Travis Touchdown (NMH)

J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
0miles
0miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-12 03:24:59 Reply

Not Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Let me tell you how bad Super Ghouls and Ghosts is.

Firstly, there is no "save game" option in Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES. You have a finite number of lives, a finite number of credits to use once you've lost all your lives, and you have a finite time limit for each level. If you run out of all lives and all credits, you have to start the game over again from the very start.

Now let me tell you how ridiculously difficult it is to get to the end. You have to beat 8 stages to finish the game. You can collect armor, magic armor, golden magic armor, and a shield in that order, as a series of upgrades from any of the treasure chests hidden throughout the level. If at any point you are hit while you have any of those upgrades, you lose everything and fight in a loincloth. The first, second, third, and fourth upgrade all yield only one extra "hit point" to your character.

You have to beat the entire without losing many lives and without losing many credits. Try not to get hit even once, try not to drop into any of the pitfalls in this side scrolling platformer. The reason you have to do this without losing pretty much everything is that once you beat the game to save your kidnapped wife from the final boss, your wife's ghost shows up and tells you that you can't save her without getting a piece of jewelry that's hidden somewhere in the game. She tells you to fuck off and go back to pick up her bracelet in a random hidden chest.

What?

You have to beat the ENTIRE GAME AGAIN. The setting is automatically adjusted up one level. Beginners get pushed to Normal, Normals get pushed to Expert, Experts get pushed to Professional. You have to beat the entire game again, collect every single chest in every level, and try to get the Suit of Armor, followed by the Magic Suit of Armor upgrade, followed by the Gold Magic Suit of Armor, followed by the Shield, followed by this new unlocked special bracelet called the Goddess Bracelet. And by the way, the Goddess Bracelet takes up your weapon slot replacing whatever badass game-improving weapons you've collected with the worst weapon ever designed.

So now you beat this entire game again without getting hit once, without accidentally picking up a new weapon and losing your Goddess Bracelet, and try to somehow defeat these absurd demon things using the worst weapon available. You have to collect chests in the exact right order in every level in order to upgrade yourself all the way to the Goddess Bracelet. That order changes any time you use a credit.

Dumb game. At least I have an Earthbound cartridge. I need Super Metroid and I'll be happy.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-12 15:16:17 (edited 2017-06-12 15:16:59) Reply

At 6/12/17 03:24 AM, 0miles wrote: Not Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Let me tell you how bad Super Ghouls and Ghosts is.

That series was practically made to be challenging though ,it's probably not the most difficult game to play these days though considering the learning curve of games like dark souls. BUT yeah it's bullshit that you have to go through replaying the whole game again

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
genesis-coupons
genesis-coupons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-13 07:18:41 Reply

At 6/12/17 03:24 AM, 0miles wrote: Not Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Let me tell you how bad Super Ghouls and Ghosts is.

I may be wrong, but the older one for NES was actually harder.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-13 14:35:30 Reply

I don't own all that many SNES games but Super Metroid is the winner for me by a decent margin.

I think it I was to go back and play Link to the Past I'd appreciate it a lot more than the one and only time I've beaten it previously. Back then I was trying to rush through it and was getting too frustrated at certain points to really enjoy it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature
Wallflow3er
Wallflow3er
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-13 20:21:30 Reply

I need to play Super Ghosts and Ghouls then man sounds like a quality game.

Pankration-Soldier
Pankration-Soldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 01:58:15 (edited 2017-06-15 01:59:22) Reply

At 6/11/17 03:24 PM, DerangedMisfit wrote: Favorite snes game?

Final Fantasy 6.

SarahShawver
SarahShawver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 05:54:51 Reply

mario paint

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 09:00:20 Reply

Super Metroid obv

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 09:39:31 Reply

Haven't played very many SNES titles at all but from what I know I'm inclined to say Final Fantasy VI.

For the story of course.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Jenny-Jinya
Jenny-Jinya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 11:10:26 Reply

Harvest Moon and Zelda I think.
Ahh yeah...back then, when Harvest Moon used to be the slightest bit challenging

Wafflesmash
Wafflesmash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 14:50:18 Reply

I'm a huge fan of snes music and graphics but haven't played many snes games, mine is a link to the past, though.

Sorin-kun
Sorin-kun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 15:12:48 Reply

My all time favouurite SNES game is Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Tachi No Banka! . It's part of Kunio-kun game franchise and it is a beat 'em-up. Features 2 players co-op and players can choose from 4 characters, two which are unlocked by playing the game. The story is pretty solid too. I suggest you give it a try.

GreenSoap
GreenSoap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 15:13:26 Reply

Probably Super Castlevania IV or DKC2, both are super fun to play, especially with buds. Super Smash TV and Musya are fun as hell too. Musya is pretty hard tho o:

TheHaterGator
TheHaterGator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-15 17:25:07 Reply

Super mario world

DeathCloaker
DeathCloaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 01:05:27 Reply

Mine would be Super Mario Bros 1

BBS Signature
Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 01:19:10 Reply

Super punch out, back in the day that was probably the funnest game to play getting drunk with people, i liked pilot wings alot too but it gets old after awhile, and bram stokers dracula was a keeper, so, those 3.

Favorite snes title?

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 01:35:39 Reply

I guess my favourite is either Super Castevania IV or Final Fantasy VI, but I haven't played the latter in a long time. I really haven't played nearly enough SNES.

For less obvious choices, I love Goof Troop as a co-op game and the underrated shooter Axelay.

At 6/11/17 03:34 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Disney's Aladdin

Of the entire SNES library you pick one of the very few games that were better on the Genesis. Step it up son.

BBS Signature
TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 17:36:54 Reply

At 6/16/17 01:35 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/11/17 03:34 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Disney's Aladdin
Of the entire SNES library you pick one of the very few games that were better on the Genesis. Step it up son.

FIGHT ME 'BOUT IT.

I seriously gotta play that Genesis version.

Favorite snes title?

"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads." - Travis Touchdown (NMH)

J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
Valfire
Valfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 18:34:27 Reply

Secret Of Mana

Favorite snes title?

silversteelcrow
silversteelcrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-16 20:45:18 Reply

The 7th Saga.

It was the first JRPG I ever played. It is a crappy, yet haunted, yet ugly world for a reason--it may be based off a real legend. Therefore I can appreciate it much more, especially with the very excellently drawn enemies and plot tasks that you do, along with the very memorable towns with city planning and names that I can still remember, whereas other contemporary JRPGs of that era, I cannot remember much about their layouts at all. I also remember the haunting world map music, of which there are four different songs. The Japanese version, Elnard, was weak, compared to this game which was created more closely to the specifications of the original developer.

If you dive into it, you will find a punishing atmosphere for evil sorcerer people, and the ending, along with the leadup to the end, has several strange interpretations from people I have discussed with. And Pison is probably Satan.

Favorite snes title?

killerjeff
killerjeff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-17 01:09:18 Reply

X- men mutant apocalypse

BBS Signature
SolidPantsSnake
SolidPantsSnake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-17 03:08:21 Reply

At 6/16/17 08:45 PM, silversteelcrow wrote: The 7th Saga.

I loved that game even though they screw up some of the stat algorithms in the US version and made the rivals far stronger.

Lejes and vasu are my favorites too bad they hate each other to much to work as a team.

I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature
GonzoVision
GonzoVision
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-17 07:10:14 Reply

MegaMan X, Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country, Secet of Mana, and Starfox. I mean, I could list dozens more. The SNES was my console back in the day. I think some of my earliest memories stem back to being three and playing the crap outta super mario all-stars.

Jotaro97
Jotaro97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-17 08:18:51 Reply

At 6/12/17 03:16 PM, argile wrote: That series was practically made to be challenging though ,it's probably not the most difficult game to play these days though considering the learning curve of games like dark souls. BUT yeah it's bullshit that you have to go through replaying the whole game again

Games like those were meant to fill your time. There's challengine, like Dark Souls, and there's unfair. How else would they have justified the price tag?

I AM THE FUCKING STRONG

cringefest
cringefest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-18 17:41:18 Reply

Has to be Super Mario World, amazing game!

Favorite snes title?

RaineyDay
RaineyDay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Favorite snes title? 2017-06-18 21:48:19 Reply

Link to the Past man