00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the evolution of youtube

580 Views | 11 Replies

the evolution of youtube 2017-06-05 05:27:02

YouTube is the greatest platform on the interwebs for educational content, take this massage video for example...

(nsfw though)

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-05 12:01:43

At 6/5/17 06:33 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Youtube is now redtube.

How YouTube evolved:

Tom Fulp comes up with automated user created content portal with rating system.

High speed internet capable of streaming video becomes commonplace.

Website called YouTube steals Tom's idea.

TEH EDN>

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-05 12:22:30

At 6/5/17 12:01 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 6/5/17 06:33 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Youtube is now redtube.
How YouTube evolved:

Tom Fulp comes up with automated user created content portal with rating system.

High speed internet capable of streaming video becomes commonplace.

Website called YouTube steals Tom's idea.

TEH EDN>

Not really.

YouTube attracted different types of creators, since Newgrounds only allowed animations. It has a different rating system, has less limiting standards in terms of content and isn't community based.

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-05 12:45:26

At 6/5/17 12:22 PM, Crazy-Pigeon wrote:
Not really.

YouTube attracted different types of creators,

"Different types"->read= SHITTIER QUALITY

since Newgrounds only allowed animations.

Because of file size restrictions based on internet speeds, not choice. I believe currently Newgrounds accepts video format.

It has a different rating system,

"different" again, ->read: WORSE

has less limiting standards in terms of content

ie, lower standards allowing more shitty content

and isn't community based.

YT totally has a community.

A community of shit.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-11 06:33:45

Youtube sucked after 2008

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-11 21:52:19

Pretty sure Google only bought YouTube because they felt like it was something worthwhile to have, so once you know that it's no wonder why we hear people complaining about YouTube's lack of support.

I liked Youtube back in 2012 or so, I remember how a lot of my favourite videos came from that year. I can still find joy in Youtube nowadays though, it just feels like all of the more classic content creators have left, as surviving on the site basically comes down to how much whatever-quality shit you can churn out now.

Well that's my view on Youtube, not really as an evolution, but more as a comparative towards an older part of Youtube and now.

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-11 22:51:07 (edited 2017-06-11 22:51:45)

I remember when my childhood friends introduced me to NigaHiga, JeepersMedia, and AVGN back in 2008. That was something special, and that magic will never be achieved again, not only with my interests changing over time but also seeing how corporate YouTube has become over the years.

Good channels still exist, but there's a lot of digging required to finding them. It also depends on what your interests are as a viewer, since everything is categorized into such niche sub-genres nowadays...and its only going to be more prevalent going down the line.

normalgeist-villsvin

Art - Music - Podcast

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-12 00:36:23

I made Youtube videos since 2007 up until about 2013, I was subscribed to the AmazingAtheist before he had 1000 subscribers and watched tons of people come and go; some even killed themselves like WilliamCardno, and some went to do heinous things like NaturalSelector89.

Youtube had a community in the beginning, but it quickly turned into a cool kids club by 2009, and after that big business got involved and anything that resembled a community was extinguished.

BBS Signature

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-12 01:25:19 (edited 2017-06-12 01:25:41)

This playlist is and shall always be the very peak of youtube.

Nothing shall ever surpass it.

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-24 18:25:33

The way i see it is that teenage boys used to do lets plays and now they make pop songs or make fun OF pop songs. And that there are more niches then ever that produce good content but the ""normie"" stuff just keeps getting worse.

"...to a former life in a distant world in another time"

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-25 10:14:07

At 6/12/17 12:36 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: I made Youtube videos since 2007 up until about 2013, I was subscribed to the AmazingAtheist before he had 1000 subscribers and watched tons of people come and go; some even killed themselves like WilliamCardno, and some went to do heinous things like NaturalSelector89.

Youtube had a community in the beginning, but it quickly turned into a cool kids club by 2009, and after that big business got involved and anything that resembled a community was extinguished.

Pretty much every mass shooter / school shooter is a walking red flag

That guy had edgy columbine / ww2 / waco / timothy mcveigh shit all over his profile and yet never got chewed out too much for it asides from TJ making a good point about him

https://www.wired.com/2007/11/youtuber-warned/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJx6AHN9fYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKUWgsIncg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaU1Hemf-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq56CjUA0C4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7s57fRIFPE

YT was way better a decade ago simply for the fact that there was still community and everyone popular wasnt just a generic gen-z pinhead who cant go 2 miloseconds without using another cut for their vid.

I miss all the old drama, lulz and chaos. The Trump election rustled lots of SJW jimmies but it wont compare to when internet trolling really kicked off flourished and reached its golden age.

Response to the evolution of youtube 2017-06-25 11:43:47

At 6/25/17 10:14 AM, MrApophis wrote:
I miss all the old drama, lulz and chaos.

Fakesagan vs. Coughlan, Thunderf00t vs. VenomFangX, these were some of the best things ever.

BBS Signature