00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hiring: Composer!

1,182 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hiring: Composer! 2017-05-31 17:49:57

Hullo! It's been ages since I came back 'ere to good ol' Newgrounds. I used to submit music here in another lifetime. These days, however, I'm programming and developing games. Right now, I'm getting pretty close to wrapping up production on a game I'm aiming to release on Android and Steam. And that is, perhaps, where you come in.

I still make music, but it's been a while and I'm rusty-- plus I'm not totally convinced I can really do the game justice. I'm looking for someone interested in providing a soundtrack including a song for each unique level-- about eight to ten tracks total.

The game:
The game itself is a pretty stylish cave-diving sort of experience. The player is effectively skydiving into the depths of enormous caves of various styles and filled with their own various challenges. In practise it's a survival/endurance sort of game with confined levels. See the GIF for a better overall idea-- the GIF captures a section of a damp/jungle sort of cave (with placeholder terrain, where the complete terrain for the level would involve a lot more twisting roots and the like) lit by fireflies; it covers a section of the level where it grows extremely dark and you have to rely on the fireflies for light.

Compensation:
I wouldn't expect such a tall order to be done for free. In exchange for these tracks we'll work out a deal individually wherein each track will be paid for in the agreed upon amount out of the profit generated from the game.

Expecting that would cause some hesitation, since the funds aren't upfront, I've attached a short (and stuttery) GIF to this post showing a brief section of one level in a very WIP state. The game itself should be ready to ship within a few short weeks provided all the songs needed are done.

So, what if I'm interested?
Well. You can reply to this thread, or contact me directly by PM. However you choose to do it, please include at least one track that you feel would be a good fit for this sort of atmospheric gameplay. Ideally, let me know what sort of level you think your track would fit (a desert cave with huge sandworms bursting from the walls; the bowels of a volcano with billowing clouds of ash; a virtual reality cave where the program is corrupting and you're falling past bits of fragmented code!-- seriously, go nuts). If you choose to PM me, feel free to include what you feel would be fair compensation for your time and effort too.

Stay awesome, NG folks, and I'll do my best to respond to every reply!

-----

Here's the gameplay GIF, I'm afraid it was too large to upload!

Response to Hiring: Composer! 2017-06-01 01:51:54

Sent you PM

Response to Hiring: Composer! 2017-06-04 04:41:41

Any idea of what sort of music you're after? Electronic, orchestral, solo instrumental...? Something groovy, fast, or subtle and atmospheric? I've been wanting to do music for a game for ages, but I'm not sure if I what I have to offer is what you're after!

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature