Movies. Games. Audio. Art.
Long ago, the Four Portals lived together harmoniously, each working in concert with the other three. But of course, this was not to last. The world was torn asunder and life changed forever when the cruel Lords of Darkness, Step and Echo, brought chaos and destruction to the land. Their brutal reign remained unchallenged for many years.
One day, a bright and shining light appeared in the sundered sky, tearing an enormous hole in the blackened heavens, and all who saw it were filled with a strange sense of hope. From thence he came, clothed in radiance, master of all four chords in the Axis of Awesome, and he alone could prevail against such foes. The battle raged for many months, and when it was finished no trace of the Dark Lords or the unknown hero could be found.
Over time, myth became legend. A tenuous peace returned to the land, and a hundred years have passed from then to now. The time of trials and tribulations is once more upon us, and the new Lords of Darkness have begun making their move…
But I believe that a hero will be found. I believe that the tide of darkness can be turned by the prophesied victor of the NGADM. A new champion will arise to save the world!
...Are you the one?
Join the NEWGROUNDS AUDIO DEATHMATCH 2017 and prove your musical mettle in the heat of battle! Audition here to earn your chance to take on the murderous throngs of participants in a no-holds barred, winner-take-all fight to the death! Will you go down in a blaze of fiery glory, or will you somehow manage to keep your limbs intact? There’s only one way to find out!
• You are allowed to post a track that you've made from scratch, or a track that you've made in the past.
• The audition track may be a cover/arrangement, but unless you're entering as a team, the track cannot be a collaborative effort.
• If you posted your audition track but change your mind and wish to change it, state CLEARLY in the thread.
• If you're entering as a team, your audition can be a collaborative effort between you and your collab partner, or a track by either one of you individually.
• Auditions posted after the deadline will not be accepted unless it's for a ridiculously good reason.
• All tracks posted to the competition must be uploaded to Newgrounds.
• Keep any suggestions, arguments and complaints to PMs. DO NOT argue or complain about a judge's score, for example, in the thread.
• Use the NGADM threads to post your submissions, but you may also post any kind of discussion. That said, try to keep it NGADM- or music-related.
• All Audio Portal rules apply, and all BBS rules apply.
• This contest is tough. We love the huge turnout we get each year, but if you can't keep up with the pace, consider backing out of this one.
Click here for complete Rules, FAQ, Prizes, and Schedule info.
And remember, anyone can enter! That’s right--ANYONE!
Go on, then. What are you waiting for? AUDITION NOW!
The Lords of Darkness are