00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Heart-Breaking Story

329 Views | 0 Replies

A Heart-Breaking Story 2017-05-25 23:32:53

Once upon a time, the Pears were a thriving community. We had a stable civilization, until some thick-headed Neanderthal decided to invade us and eat most of our kind. In these next few paragraphs, I will give you a brief history of the Battle of the Rosaceae.

The Week of the Battle
Days before the battle, we could hear the thumping. At first it was quiet, but got louder everyday. Some of us thought they were the Gods of Pyrus coming to lift us up to a greater state of being. This happened for 5 rotations of light. Then we say them, as tall as a Giant, with hair like a bear’s. Our elite warriors known as the ‘Pyrus Cordata’ were the first into the fray. They foolishly gave their lives to this obviously much more powerful foe. Soon after the first wave hit, the Grand Master Pear ordered the town to evacuate. Many didn’t know where to go and got lost on the way outside of the city.

One Month After the Attack
“Today we celebrate the anniversary of the destruction of our peaceful place. Our homes, brothers, sisters. Let this not be a day of infamy, but a day as a reminder to what happened to us. That we may never fall to the hands of the enemy again. Let us not be stricken with grief, but with the strength of our once great society. For the invaders no not what we are capable of, or what we can do. To us we are their play-thing. Nothing! I will not let this be the end of our civilization! I will not let these behemoths take our land! I will not let them take our lives! For we, are the better creature…”

That speech went on for a couple hours. Edward, the captain of the Pyrus Cordata gave it… He died in the attempt to take back the city. We regrouped and launched another assault, but with our morale so low there was no chance to win. We got slaughtered. I can still see the faces of everyone I knew and loved die around me… It still haunts me at night.

Today
Every time I go back to the ruins of my once great civilization I see the invaders. There aren’t there physically. Just, every time I see my home, all I can think of is fearfulness, destruction death. They killed everyone. I wake up in the morning knowing that I am the last sentient Pear alive. That I could have saved my people. Knowing that you are the last and it is your fault can be a lot… It IS a lot… And I don’t think the Pears will ever be a thriving community again, because I am the last. I can’t do it, no-one could. When I pass from the world of the living and see my people again, I will also see the Invaders, but that time, we will be ready. We will have revenge.

Yea so that was a whole 30 minutes of my life wasted. But hey, it was fun. I want to see you all do this, I want to know how creative you are. Let out your mind, let it loose from the contents of reality and unleash the power of your imagination. It feels great.