00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinnymon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Program to draw over video frames

533 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello,
I was looking for a simple program/software to draw over the video frames for reffrence
Like this https://youtu.be/3RttTy8F6xo
Flipbook didnt work
I already have desktop drawing app but I want to draw over different frames in the video reference to learn.

Thanks for helping me..
Last time I got my problems solved with newgrounds thanks everyone who helped

Response to A Program to draw over video frames 2017-05-24 15:33:31

Flash should easily do that. Just convert the video into .flv and just import into there. Then just take another layer over it and animate over as you would.

Response to A Program to draw over video frames 2017-05-24 16:50:16

At 5/24/17 03:33 PM, ValterValyun wrote: Flash should easily do that. Just convert the video into .flv and just import into there. Then just take another layer over it and animate over as you would.

Thanks I will try and tell you

Response to A Program to draw over video frames 2017-05-25 04:45:17

At 5/24/17 03:33 PM, ValterValyun wrote: Flash should easily do that. Just convert the video into .flv and just import into there. Then just take another layer over it and animate over as you would.

Thanks.your tip worked

Response to A Program to draw over video frames 2017-06-29 06:00:09

Flash should work for this, but Photoshop will do the trick just as well by just importing a .mp4

BBS Signature

Response to A Program to draw over video frames 2017-06-29 13:11:32

Most animation software will import a sequence of frames (images) - if you convert the reference footage to images first, it will work in Krita, OpenToonz, Toonboom, Flash, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and many more.

Use FFMpeg to convert any movie file to a numbered sequence of frames like this:
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 video%05d.png

Drawback is that you will have to use the command line for this. And be certain to convert the video in a folder - otherwise you'll wind up with perhaps hundreds of frames on your desktop...